Fallout 4

Bring Charisma to 10, get bobble head to raise to 11. Then wear a hat, and suit to get 3 more charisma is my guess.

I raised some charisma... but man, it feels like a wasted stat.

Bring Charisma to 10, get bobble head to raise to 11. Then wear a hat, and suit to get 3 more charisma is my guess.
Actually, I know that. Just wanted to clarify what did he mean about 14 charisma: with clothes or not?

Looks great to me! Of course I've yet to manage anything more than <plop down a generator and put 4-5 turrets around it> anywhere on the map yet for a spot I want to defend. :(

That's what I've been doing until now. And will continue doing for all the random settlements you pick up.

I should go through and make sure all my settlers are doing something productive (which I would say is either running a scavenger stand or harvesting mutfruits), but I've been too lazy thus far.

Does anyone know of a shop owner that actually has a lot (1000+) caps regularly? Between water and fruit production I can make a lot of excess caps but it's annoying running to 4+ different shops in 2+ different cities because most traders don't have more than 200 or 300 excess caps. Ammo and crafting mats have long ceased to be an issue but getting enough caps to regularly buy the starred 10k+ caps weapons and armor is still beyond my reach.

I didn't realize how much shit there is to do in this game. It's scaring me off playing it to be honest.

I didn't realize how much shit there is to do in this game. It's scaring me off playing it to be honest.

There are so many ways to get side tracked its scary.

I start off some nights planning to do "A" and by the time I quit for the night, I got nowhere near "A" but did "D", "Q" and "X" because I wandered into them.

In a way I count that as a plus, since it means I'll be playing for weeks to come before I ever get near an "ending".

Actually, I know that. Just wanted to clarify what did he mean about 14 charisma: with clothes or not?

Fairly certain you can't, since only way to get past 10 seems to be the bobble head. Even the "Youre SPECIAL" item won't let you break past 10.

I start off some nights planning to do "A" and by the time I quit for the night, I got nowhere near "A" but did "D", "Q" and "X" because I wandered into them.

In a way I count that as a plus, since it means I'll be playing for weeks to come before I ever get near an "ending".

Its for this reason I'm glad there's a delay before they release the Creation Kit and all the real mods start flooding in - the UI mods, texture mods, gun packs, a thousand 'Nude Followers' and 'Hyooge Bewbs' mods and all the rest. I never finished Skyrim simply because at some point the modding part of it become all-consuming - I was no longer playing the game; the game was playing me.

It starts innocently enough - "I'll just add these official 2K textures ". Next thing you know, 175+ mods and your FPS is a slideshow and you're locked into an all-weekend ordeal of analysis paralysis and trying to figure out which mods you have to remove BUT CANT LIVE WITHOUT. It's tragic.

I started off that way as well...got somewhere near 45-50 hours before I said, "Ok, lets refocus on the story and get somewhere with it." I'm close to 70 hours now and I've made some story progress....but still not finished cause I keep getting sidetracked, lol. I honestly don't have an issue with that though, where else can you spend $60 dollars and get that much entertainment out of it.

I raised some charisma... but man, it feels like a wasted stat.
Yeah I have 2 pieces of armor that add +1 Charisma and +1 Intelligence. I also have a pair of sunglasses that add another +1 Charisma. And the Bobblehead.

There is a dress that has 3 charisma on it, glasses + hat allows for 5 points not counting your normal charisma/bobble

Oh, nice. You can wear glasses with hats. Did not know that. I don't think I've found one that adds charisma, but I can wear one with perception... if it doesn't interfere with my helm.

Oh, nice. You can wear glasses with hats. Did not know that. I don't think I've found one that adds charisma, but I can wear one with perception... if it doesn't interfere with my helm.

i believe the charisma glasses are called "black-rim glasses" or something like that.

Found a new Power Armor model tonight when clearing out Liberteria, it's the one on the left model number T-51. That's a T-45 on the right for comparison.

03nadHX.jpg

I fully agree with Super Bunnyhops review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dejO6aiA7bs

To me this seems like an HD Fallout 3.5 than a true sequel. Hell the differences between Oblivion to Skyrim than Fallout 3 to 4! The way they do the dialogue is atrocious, and I hate how wooden everyone sounds, no real emotion or power behind what they say.

"So do you want to do it?"

"Yes"
"Hell yeah"
"Sarcastic"
"Can you explain it again?"

AMAZING DIALOGUE CHOICES&#65279;

One of my main gripes iwth this, coming from someone who's played the Dragon Age games, I REALLY wish the companions had more dialogue and interaction with the player and npc's you talk to.

In DA they had so much companion dialogue tied to choices you made and who you talked to, fallout 4 has so few phrases an dnothing that really adds much to the companions character or overall fleshes them out and gives them personality.

I'm up to 16 Charisma now since I unlocked clothing upgrades.

Newsboy cap +1
Right Arm +1
Left Leg +1
Green Suit & Boots +1
Fashionable Glasses +1
(Bobblehead) +1

My base stats are 334 damage resistance and 363 energy resistance. Armored Clothing gives about +110 of each resistance! Insane. My chest armor is like +40.

Such a weird game.
Anyway the bonuses are useless since I spend most of my time in Power Armor.

Q7pC0Ap.png

mPWWfTB.png

Showed the game to my fiancee and she's hooked... which amazes me. She's a writer, has a masters in Fine Arts with a fiction focus... I figured she'd latch on to the stuff about the background on the vaults and be frustrated by the combat. Turns out it's exactly the opposite. She like the combat (when poor controls don't result in difficulty aiming where there should be none) and ignores most of the terminals with backstory because they come off as laborious and uninteresting to her. The only exception so far has been the
Curie terminal[/spoilers]. If that isn't a resounding damnation of the writing in comparison to earlier games, I don't know what is.

As a recent poster said, Dragon Age is far better in this regard. It's a shame I can't get her in to it, as she's not generally one for traditional fantasy settings. I've tried to start her on Inquisition twice with no luck, yet to get past the 2 hour mark.

Why so much Charisma ?
It increases max settlers. Once you exceed 20, things get messy... So I guess it's a waste.
Intelligence is the best SPECIAL in the game unless you have Idiot Savant. In that case I don't know what is best.

Just got an explosive combat shotgun. Now that is a good time. Unfortunately if enemies stand too close, the shells explode in my face and kill me. :(

So, 1 charisma = 1 settler/10 charisma = 10 settlers, or does it go by 2? 1 charisma = 2 settlers/10 charisma = 20 settlers?

sneaking in this game is kind of shit... you can't even sneak up to one of those bears with 12 agi, and lvl 2 sneak.

My sneak run is so crappy right now, because the stuff I need is barred by lvls.

I just got the Overseer's Guardian from V81 and am loving it. Until I get some super high end plasma or gauss gun, this thing is awesome. With Rifleman 2 and the upgrades you can do with gun nut 3 I'm one shotting practically everything but legendaries with just a VATS shot to the torso.

Why so much Charisma ?

It makes a massive difference in buy and sell prices also. My base 8 CHA = 460 caps for a fusion core. Bumping it to 12 via clothing = 340. Then popping a grape mentat = 240.

Whelp, I've restarted the game three times now and finally having a lot of fun as a 10 STR / 10 END melee build. Got bored of my traditional sneak/sniper character as I found the playstyle to be extremely tedious and didn't want to spend my entire game time in darkness due to the sneak changes (more realistic yes but not fun). I also tried a 10 Charisma build but the dialogue and quest resolutions in this game are poo poo so that was underwhelming.

I thought I would get shredded to pieces playing a melee character on Survival but it's actually been quite overpowered. I've only died once or twice so far on the way to level 20. The difference between 3 END on my other characters and 10 END + points into Toughness and Lifegiver asap is a massive difference. My current character shrugs off feral ghouls and super mutants like nothing and stabs em in the head with a combat knife.

got my first corrupted save today. loaded it up and the game crashed as Steam started updating it (no clue why)

Save was broken after that. good thing I save a lot

It increases max settlers. Once you exceed 20, things get messy... So I guess it's a waste.
Intelligence is the best SPECIAL in the game unless you have Idiot Savant. In that case I don't know what is best.

ah

good to know about max settlers

Ive only got 8 settlers at sanctuary. I have not built up any other settlement yet though, so no people anywhere else. I have the radio beacon going full time. I havent put a beacon at any other settlement yet and I know that it's part of a quest to do so, maybe I have to do that to get more people.

IMO the best combat perk is rifleman. The other weapon perks don't cover everything. Pistols tend to have shitty range. Heavy weapon ammo seems really rare. Combined with gun but ranks for better more damaging rifles synergies well. I have a lethal sniper character without focusing on sniper perks. Combat Shotguns cover close quarters well. At level 21 I have a sniper that does 98 damage, and a shotgun that does 120. The rifleman applies to all rifles, so later on if I get good laser weapons it will still help there too. I literally 2 shot kellog with a shotgun (he was a skul level) without even using a crit.

My problem is trying to get supply lines going from other settlements. It seems like the named characters either can't make a supply line or only one of them can for some reason.

I picked it up yesterday. Explosive Combat Shotgun is what I used to clear out Vault 95 and make a Deathclaw's life miserable.

Just got an explosive combat shotgun. Now that is a good time. Unfortunately if enemies stand too close, the shells explode in my face and kill me. :(

Speaking of which, had a weird glitch while fighting a Legendary Deathclaw; prior to getting the Explosive Combat Shotgun.

I was running around a truck with trailer dropping fragmentation mines while the LD was chasing me. First group of FMs made him morph. Second set took half of his health. On the third set I dropped between the truck and a white fence. When the LD hit them the explosion happened, I got XP for it but when I went around to loot the body it was nowhere to be found. I searched for a good half-hour looking for it without any luck. It's like he vaporized.

sneaking in this game is kind of shit... you can't even sneak up to one of those bears with 12 agi, and lvl 2 sneak.

My sneak run is so crappy right now, because the stuff I need is barred by lvls.

do you have muffled armor, and shadow coatings to reduce sound and reduce your visibility in low light? because i can sit right next to a Death Claw and he doesn't know wtf is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8V3hcgMtJM

What level are you? As it is, my complaint can only encompass the lower lvls, since I'm low leveled.

I'm only level 13 or so. I do have mostly shadowed leather, and one piece of muffled leggings. I can see that after you get higher and get the higher lvl sneak skill, it won't be shit, but trying to sneak up to that bear thing outside of Vault 81 at my current level to shank him is definitely impossible. Around 3/4 meters away he's cautioned and nearly hostile.

Make no mistake, killing him is easy enough, I have a 49 damage double shot pistol after all. But I really just wanted to shank him. I'm also lacking a suppressor.

I'm basically invisible. Shit can't find me when I'm in the same room.

You basically have to slow walk though until you get that point. With a silenced weapon, enemies will almost never find you in time. They'll shoot in your general direction, but as long as you don't dip into danger, the jig ain't up and you can still get the damage bonus on them.

I only recently put more points into sneak, i was 2 stars up until the upper level 40's because it was sufficient for me to sneak around. only put more points into it recently since i wanted move faster while sneaking.

someone said you need stores to get the good loot. I finally built one and am not seeing anything special. Is an emporium required also?

i have not seen anything special on my lvl 2 store, do not have an emporium set up.

Back