Fallout 4

I try out different companions for kicks but I prefer going solo...I don't like having to protect a companion all the time

Pretty sure I'm going to be going solo.

I definitely don't like the idea of ANYTHING being unkillable in a Fallout game.

Pretty sure I'm going to be going solo.

I definitely don't like the idea of ANYTHING being unkillable in a Fallout game.

This. Unfortunately if you use mods for FO3 and NV that disable NPCs from being labeled "essential" you will sometimes go to meet them and find out they have been killed by enemies or something stupid like clipping through the floor and falling to their death. This happened to me in FO3 with Pinkerton in the Rivet City bow. Went through a multi-hour quest and fought my way through his Mirelurk-infested hideout to find him dead in his office for some unknown reason. Ragequit.

I liked the first games in the series, but couldn't get into New Vegas or the rest. With that said, you'll should use the spoiler BB Code from this list to keep from spoiling the game for others. Seeing areas for the first time is the greatest thing for many people.

:)

Is reading still an option? I'd really hate if I have to sit through hundreds of hours of spoken dialog on top of the hundred hours playing the game...

Most games have a subtitle option for dialogue, now if they let you skip a voice dialogue if you read it faster than they speak that is another question.

I wasn't a huge fan of companions in Fallout, they always felt one-dimensional (and BioWare spoilt me on how well developed their characters are). NV improved on companions a bit, mind you.

Hoping FO4 will have some well developed companions. At the very least I won't have to worry about Dog getting killed right away by some high level mutant.

I'm looking forward to F4 but not as much as I was for F3...something about this Boston setting also worries me...Boston/NE seems boring for a video game (it was boring in Assassin's Creed 3)...not enough major landmarks or settings like the DC area...hope I'm wrong

I'm looking forward to F4 but not as much as I was for F3...something about this Boston setting also worries me...Boston/NE seems boring for a video game (it was boring in Assassin's Creed 3)...not enough major landmarks or settings like the DC area...hope I'm wrong

I don't think you really need to see exploded landmarks so much as just interesting areas to discover. The landmarks were fun to find in FO3 but they were never my favorite discoveries. AC3 just did a really bad job of making the area interesting to explore.

I don't think you really need to see exploded landmarks so much as just interesting areas to discover. The landmarks were fun to find in FO3 but they were never my favorite discoveries. AC3 just did a really bad job of making the area interesting to explore.

in F3, the bombed out DC setting had a lot of cool historical places to explore from the Washington Monument, Capital building etc...you don't need them but it helps to make the place feel more real...

And they do have several interesting factions in the boston area in the Fallout Universe so if they have plotted a good story there is potentially a lot to see and do

No gameworks shown in the graphics options.

http://i.imgur.com/OBBpO7p.png

Don't know how I feel about that. I enjoyed hairworks in FC4, but why did it destroy TW3?

Got approved to take off from work for Fallout 4. :D

Mega Jelly!!!

I wasn't a huge fan of companions in Fallout, they always felt one-dimensional (and BioWare spoilt me on how well developed their characters are). NV improved on companions a bit, mind you.

Hoping FO4 will have some well developed companions. At the very least I won't have to worry about Dog getting killed right away by some high level mutant.

I'm sure if the dog takes too much damage he'll just lay there until you kill the enemies in the vicinity. That's just lame to me. This is after all a game where you create multiple saves and quicksave like crazy.

Everyone should be killable!!! If that ruins a mission so be it!

Don't know how I feel about that. I enjoyed hairworks in FC4, but why did it destroy TW3?

Mega Jelly!!!

I'm sure if the dog takes too much damage he'll just lay there until you kill the enemies in the vicinity. That's just lame to me. This is after all a game where you create multiple saves and quicksave like crazy.

Everyone should be killable!!! If that ruins a mission so be it!

Maybe make it an option.

Most people simply quicksave and then quickload if they lose a companion, I know that's exactly what I did if I lost dogmeat or someone.

So having this just takes an extra step out and no longer have to do the reloading over and over when it happens.

I understand some that'd want it to, hence why I think it would work as an option.

I bought in, I'm playing FO:NV trying to finish it before 4 comes out in a week. 20% off @ GreenManGaming for the game + DLC pass was $72.

in F3, the bombed out DC setting had a lot of cool historical places to explore from the Washington Monument, Capital building etc...you don't need them but it helps to make the place feel more real...

Actually, in the hindsight, DC is far too intact for a 'bombed out' city.

The main city attractions in DC in FO3 looks more like it has been through 200 years of neglect rather than the far more realistic scenario of being a prime nuke target. Compared to what the 2 A-Bombs in WW2 did, DC suffered surprisingly little (IMHO, far too little) damage for the political centre of US. The reason I believe it was a huge nuke magnet was the fact that the US government (the enclave) was actually NOT in DC when the bombs dropped.

They were in fact in the Pacific, even closer to their arch nemesis

Last edited:
Crashing or freeze?

I think there was a problem with Fallout 3's NPC AI that didn't play nice at all with multithreaded systems. It would freeze up permanently whenever you engaged in combat with human NPC's. I remember there was a fix for that but it's been a while since I last installed or played FO3.

We need an answer to the most important question. Are the radio stations any good and how is the dj? Three Dog was the best and added a lot to the game while I found Wayne Newton to be kind of boring.

Wasn't the VA for Three Dog the person hinting that FO4 was in the making?

I found Three Dog to be really annoying, especially that "This is Three Dawg, OOOOW" thing, I couldn't stand it, at all. To the point where I'd rather listen to Enclave Radio 24/7 over Three Dog for 10 minutes

He hinted that he was returning as the dj for 4 but it turned out that Bethesda went in a different direction. No 3 Dog in Fallout 4.

That seems like a regression...couldn't you see rifles and stuff on your back in NV?

Don't most people play Fallout in 1st person mode rather than 3rd person mode ... for me as long as I can see the weapon when I am using it I don't really care about the rest

Don't most people play Fallout in 1st person mode rather than 3rd person mode ... for me as long as I can see the weapon when I am using it I don't really care about the rest

i actually tend to play in 3rd person, but hit F to switch to first when it came to aiming with weapons and combat.

Most people play in FP, but 3P is still a popular option. Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics were all 3P. so long-term fans probably feel more comfortable in that mode.

Most people play in FP, but 3P is still a popular option. Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics were all 3P. so long-term fans probably feel more comfortable in that mode.

3rd person for me as well but only when exploring. During combat / item scrounging FP is obviously the way to go....

Only 7 days to go. :D

Back