Fallout 4

If you think scavenging for resources to use at the the workbenches and armor racks is a pita, you can always use a batch file. They are super simple to make and to use, plus the game won't flag it as a mod so you can continue with achievements.

I will give you one for free.

All you need to do is open up Notepad and copy and paste this into it:

;Adhesive
player.additem 001bf72e 5000
;Aluminium
player.additem 0006907a 5000
;Asbestos
player.additem 000aec5c 5000
;Ballistic Fiber
player.additem 000aec5b 5000
;Ceramic
player.additem 000aec5e 5000
;Circuitry
player.additem 0006907b 5000
;Cloth
player.additem 000aec5f 5000
;Concrete
player.additem 00106d99 5000
;Copper
player.additem 0006907c 5000
;Cork
player.additem 000aec60 5000
;Crystal
player.additem 0006907d 5000
;Fiber Optics
player.additem 00069087 5000
;Fiberglass
player.additem 000aec61 5000
;Gear
player.additem 0006907e 5000
;Glass
player.additem 00069085 5000
;Gold
player.additem 000aec62 5000
;Lead
player.additem 000aec63 5000
;Leather
player.additem 000aec64 5000
;Nuke Material
player.additem 00069086 5000
;Oil
player.additem 001bf732 5000
;Plastic
player.additem 0006907f 5000
;Rubber
player.additem 00106d98 5000
;Screw
player.additem 00069081 5000
;Silver
player.additem 000aec66 5000
;Spring
player.additem 00069082 5000
;Steel
player.additem 000731a4 5000
;Wood
player.additem 000731a3 5000

Save it and name it whatever you want. Then go to your main game install folder, and drop it in where the exe. is.

Then while in game, you press the ~ key which will bring up the console, and type bat then the name of the file you saved and press enter.
I named mine stuff, so I would type bat stuff then enter. I use this batch file at every workbench I come across.
Just be aware this gives you 5000 of every resource item so it will overburden you. Make sure to do it while standing next to a workbench then dump all of it in there.
Most of the time when you come back by that workbench, the resources will still be there. If not, just type it in again.

Freaking cool tip here ( even though I am not actively playing Fallout 4)... This works for Skyrim 😁

🤝

Haven't played FO4 in a while, all the mods that claimed to have fixed it when I was playing didn't fix it, but rather just put a bandaid over it, such as lowering shadow detail / distance ect...

The problem I hear is that the engine itself doesn't section off the shadows but rather sees the shadows as a whole, so when you look in a certain direction you see every possible shadow drawn from every building weather you can see inside it or not.

If I ever get back into playing it, Ill try these out.
I haven't messed with any graphical mods in quite awhile in FO4.
Every time I try to overhaul it graphical, I wind up nuking the whole install sooner than later since I encounter so many bugs with them and they seem to break things more than they fix.

I just can't take this series seriously anymore. Its beyond ridiculous at this point.

Had to post this. I've been working on a mod, on and off, to fix the terrain within and outside The Castle so every inch is available for use. Happen to stumble upon a video with a mod that does just that. So, instead of reinventing the wheel I will be using the following mod:

Castle Walls Restored

Does everything I had set out to do.

Any mod compatibility issues?
No. I own it on Steam and GOG and have modded the shit out of the GOG edition with no issues.
From GOG: Mods should be compatible from the get-go, on par with the Steam version, but please keep in mind that we were not able to check every single one of them individually. The majority should work without issues though.
And I know for a fact that F4SE works with the GOG edition, plus being the same version as Steam (1.10.163.0 ) means no issues.
Now if you want any CC content (why would you?!?) in the GOG edition, you are SOL.

Fallout 4 Free Next-Gen update coming in 2023 (X|S, PS5, PC)

A next-gen update is coming to Fallout 4! Coming in 2023, this free update will be available for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and Windows PC systems, including performance mode features for high frame rates, quality features for 4K resolution gameplay, bug fixes and even bonus Creation Club content!...

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/art...itter&utm_content=7988139435&linkId=186833045

Fallout 4's big 4K 'next-gen update' is delayed until 2024

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4s-big-4k-next-gen-update-is-delayed-until-2024/

April 23rd.

* Map size equal to FO4 and Far Harbor combined.
* Around 50% more cells than FO4.
* Around 50% more lines of dialog than New Vegas (equal to FO4 which had a voiced protag).

They outline all the boroughs, quests, companions, etc, in the trailer.
If you showed me this video with a Todd Howard voiceover, I would assume it's Fallout 5.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PuzpblWpVM

Last edited:

A collection of every major Fallout game spanning 27 years of the RPG - complete with a replica mini-nuke - launches this Spring, but only on PC @ $59.99​

https://bethesda.net/en/article/1eZ...allout-special-anthology-pre-orders-available

Just in time for the highly anticipated new Amazon Prime Fallout series, we’re dropping the Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology.
The Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology contains seven incredible Fallout games and will launch on April 11. Pre-order yours today!
Whether you’re new to Bethesda Game Studios’ Fallout, or this isn’t your first time stepping out of the vault, get a crash course in wasteland survival from the very beginning of the award-winning role-playing game series that blasted onto the scene in 1997. Just in time for the highly anticipated new Amazon Prime Fallout series, we’re dropping the Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology. The Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology contains seven incredible Fallout games and will launch on April 11. Pre-order yours today!
Whether you’re new to Bethesda Game Studios’ Fallout, or this isn’t your first time stepping out of the vault, get a crash course in wasteland survival from the very beginning of the award-winning role-playing game series that blasted onto the scene in 1997.
Inspired by Fallout 76’s in-game perk cards, the Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology contains seven collectible cards, stored in the core of a miniature bomb (though disarmed, the painted mini-nuke features an explosive sound effect!). On these S.P.E.C.I.A.L. cards, Vault-Tec’s fan-favorite Vault Boy makes the best use of his Charisma points to depict the core skills of any exceptional vault-dweller, from brute Strength to sheer Luck.

Each S.P.E.C.I.A.L. card is printed with a PC game code for one of seven landmark Fallout games, including:
  • Fallout
  • Fallout 2
  • Fallout Tactics
  • Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
  • Fallout: New Vegas – Ultimate Edition
  • Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
  • Fallout 76
The Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology releases April 11. Please check your local retailers to pre-order.
Inspired by Fallout 76’s in-game perk cards, the Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology contains seven collectible cards, stored in the core of a miniature bomb (though disarmed, the painted mini-nuke features an explosive sound effect!). On these S.P.E.C.I.A.L. cards, Vault-Tec’s fan-favorite Vault Boy makes the best use of his Charisma points to depict the core skills of any exceptional vault-dweller, from brute Strength to sheer Luck.

1708608069465.png

I’m wondering if one the old timers here at the forum might start up a thread so we can discuss the upcoming television show?

I can’t wait to watch it.

I forgot all about the "next gen" update. The show has me interested in Fallout again, so maybe I'll revisit 4.

You can always play with Steam in offline mode to prevent the game from being updated. Note that once you initiate the update process that you cannot play the game again until the update completes. If you have the GOG version then it's not an issue.

Damn it I just started a new playthrough with around 300 mods.

Yeahhh I installed the Welcome to Paradise wabbajack pack fairly recently myself..

Pretty sure I'm gonna skip this next gen update at least for now (like with my OG modded Witcher 3 install)

Hopefully they were proactive with the maintainer of the script extender, at least, like they were with Skyrim. If I were Bethesda I'd want to avoid the fiasco that was had after they dropped the Fallout 3 update on people after several years that removed GFWL when there had been a mod that did that since the game originally came out.

I really hope the update doesn't mess with Fallout: London being released April 23.

The television show is definitely going to make me reinstall Fallout 4.

With the show, they really nailed the atmosphere and the Fallout vibe. Impressive.
Did exactly that last night. Had to jump through a couple of hoops to get it to run with the Hi Rez texture pack, but finally got there. Jumped right into the game where I left off. Forgot I had so much armor sitting in the yard!!

1712857932983.png

1712857959770.png

I'd wait until at least F4SE is updated, and maybe the "Unofficial Fallout 4 patch", they are the basis for a lot of mods. Plus "Baka Scrapheap" and maybe "Buffout", too.

Still playing a lot of FO76. Added a new free ally based on the TV show today for free Fallout First members.

Gotta admin....the show is way better than i expected.
Yeah, I was surprised that the show captured the vibe of the games nearly flawlessly. Only saw the first episode, but I was really astonished it wasn't a piece of garbage about "the message" that most shows are nowadays.

Yeah, I was surprised that the show captured the vibe of the games nearly flawlessly. Only saw the first episode, but I was really astonished it wasn't a piece of garbage about "the message" that most shows are nowadays.
The message? What message? The woke agenda, you mean?

Back