Fallout 4

I ran the BOS ending and I think in part of it you interact with the work shop. Have you popped in and tried using the workshop?

I ran the BOS ending and I think in part of it you interact with the work shop. Have you popped in and tried using the workshop?

I'll try it again. I had gone ultimately with the Minutemen ending but I was able to keep things above boards with the other factions save Institute.

Interesting: Manufacturing Extended at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

I love mods like these: Better The Third Rail at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

In Skyrim, "Interesting NPCs" was an essential mod that took things to the next level. I'm hoping to see mods along those lines in this although the base NPC situation is better in this game than it was in Skyrim by my reckoning.

Last edited:
Boston Airport Settlement hint:

BA can only be activated by either siding with the BoS and building the signal interceptor or assisting BoS to rebuild Liberty Prime

BA is extremely limited for building without the use of mods. The space is limited to a rectangle covering the concrete with limited ground to place plants and water purifiers. The default workshop is gimped as it doesn't allow for building of certain objects.

I currently use Boston Airport Workbench Fix - Full Settlement to fix the workbench.

To gain greater build area I use Build and Scrap Beyond Workshop Boundaries.

Using both those mods in conjunction is how I was able to build on top and in the ground floor.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Vivid Weathers - Fallout 4 Edition - a Weather Mod and Climate Overhaul at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Looks good.

Important:

s.gif
-> Vivid Weathers is (obviously) not compatible with any Weather overaul Like Truestorms,
s.gif
Darker nights, and other mods that alters Weather / Climate or Region or Color LUT changes (ECC aso..)!
s.gif
-> Far Harbors needs a Compatibility patch wich is available as seperate download in the download section

Few pics of Sanctuary Home.

AceGoober_FO4_0215.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0216.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0217.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0218.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0219.jpg

AceGoober_FO4_0220.jpg

===========================================

While writing the non-SK doc my mod count decreased in a few areas yet overall increased substantially.

AceGoober_FO4_0221.jpg

In those first couple of shots, your outdoor sky caught my eye. Are you doing something special for that look?

Using HD Exotic Night sky replacer. Beautiful skies but there is a bug the author doesn't know how to fix. There is a line that goes across about the 1/3 point in the sky. It honestly doesn't bug me because I'm not looking up at the sky anyways.

I may take a crack at fixing it myself once I get done with the two projects currently in progress.

In those first couple of shots, your outdoor sky caught my eye. Are you doing something special for that look?

like this
Using HD Exotic Night sky replacer. Beautiful skies but there is a bug the author doesn't know how to fix. There is a line that goes across about the 1/3 point in the sky. It honestly doesn't bug me because I'm not looking up at the sky anyways.

I may take a crack at fixing it myself once I get done with the two projects currently in progress.

I have been using these. Combined looks incredible.

Fallout Texture Overhaul Moons at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Fallout Texture Overhaul Stars at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Took back The Castle, liberated the armory and cleaned-up the place a bit. Decided to make it a simple settlement instead of building a huge structure as I've done in previous playthroughs.

Converted the armory into a crafting room:

AceGoober_FO4_0222.jpg

Ensured the settlers had plenty of beds:

AceGoober_FO4_0223.jpg

Got the crops going:

AceGoober_FO4_0224.jpg

Setup rinky-dink stands strictly to produce caps and not for show:

AceGoober_FO4_0225.jpg

Then proceeded to box-in the Minutemen Radio Announcer and cover him with steel balls. :D

AceGoober_FO4_0226.jpg

NEW FEATURES
ExitSave – Exiting to the Main Menu will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The Existsave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.

You guys are insane. As much as I like the game, I would never put this much effort in making these crazy settlements.

pothb Yeah, I guess insane would be an accurate description. :p

AceGoober_FO4_0229.jpg

I'm not done yet... still have over 100 mods to install. :eek:

Jeezus, I have like 14... Maybe. I need to check, that might be the number for Witcher 3 though. (Going through a ng+ run) But I think fall out 4 is less than witcher 3 in terms of mods installed.

What do you guys recommend that doesn't change too much of the game, unless it's like graphical improvement. I got autumn season, legendary mods, and lacy cbbe, maybe some other stuff but nothing substantial.

pothb

Need to be a bit more specific, if you could, please. I could recommend a crap-ton of mods but then many of those mods may not suit your taste.

Are you looking for something visually appealing yet doesn't tank your FPS?

Maybe mechanics fixes and/or upgrade?

What about companion enhancements?

You mentioned Lacy CBBE. How about an armor or clothing enhancement?

Weapons....oh yeah, I have a bunch of recommendations for that category.

To add, what is your play style?

Let me know. :)

M current plathrough is a vats based pistol character.

Any good looking but not too over powered armors/clothing. Playing through he old survival mode, and with vats, I'm more or less destroying everything.
Definitely visually appealing with out tanking FPS is nice. I'm using a r9 280.

Companions can go diaf. I only have dogmeat around to carry my burdens. I might do more with them to get their quests but seriously, screw em.

If you got things that are like a good looking road leather inner clothes, that'd be perfect. I'm wearing army fatigues for the stats but it's so boring looking.

Talking about clothes, I'm contemplating just doing regular cbbe and stealing all the NPC clothes.

Alrighty...I'm addressing each of your preferences out of order from what you've posted on the grounds of what would benefit your character the most without greatly altering the Fallout 4 vanilla experience.

Your dislike of companions is shared for various reasons. However, once you have reached affinity with certain companions, I believe, with regard to your play style, at least one companion would enhance your current character without being too overboard. If your speech is maxxed, get Cait as a companion. Warm-up to her every chance you get and complete the side mission associated with her. Once you gain affinity with her you'll receive the perk Trigger Rush. Coupled with any pistol it is an ass saver. I cannot count the times her perk has saved my low level character's ass. Sure, the perk does consume ammo at a higher rate than normal but the benefit is being able to put a foe down slightly quicker than normal when using VATS. btw, I do not use VATS (nor Fast Travel, for that matter) and the perk works.

[Off-topic Rant Regarding Fast Travel]

I've stated a few times in this thread that I don't use Fast Travel. That does not mean I hold a negative attitude towards people who do use fast travel. Not at all.

To be clear, Fast Travel to me is similar to taking an Oreo Cookie, discarding the white center and only eating the chocolate cookies. That is missing-out on opportunities to collect additional ammo, weapons and other things which would help my character survive.

[/Off-topic Rant Regarding Fast Travel]

CBBE clothing is wide and varied. I could link several recommendations yet that would result in me being banned from Hardforum. PM me on NexusMods.com for recommendations. Name is AceGoober; same as here. Same as everywhere else, except one website which I will not mention.

like this
Haha, my username there is the same too I believe, it tends to be but I don't keep track. Can't message you now, since I'm at work and it's blocked. =(

Personall, I ge the whole not sing fast travel thing, you sometimes miss out on stuff. But what evs, running everywhere would probably get me bored of the game. Not to mention bugs... bugs on survival can kill you damn quickly.

Even though I don't like companions, I plan to go through them to get their perks, since I didn't do that on my first run through. And their quests would be something new for me to work towards. I did enjoyed being a conservative my first time around... because at the end of the game, I ran around with a power suit, and be invincible because I had 700 stimpaks that I could go crazy with.

Anyone using homemaker know how to get institute sliding doors to look right? On one side it floats away from the doorway and looks bad.

Another patch for Fallout 4, taking the game to version 1.6, has been released through Steam this morning...as of 1.6, when players exit the game Fallout 4 will create an ‘ExitSave’ for you to reload back into if desired...the ExitSaves are automatically deleted when loaded...they occur on all difficulty levels, including Survival mode...in addition, there are now another 300 player names in Codsworth’s vocabulary, and a fix for an issue where companions would get stuck walking and be unable to run...

Fallout 4 1.6 Update

NEW FEATURES
◾ExitSave – Exiting to the Main Menu will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The Existsave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.
◾New Add On specific icons in Workshop mode
◾More than 300 new player names added to Codsworth’s vocabulary
◾Support for upcoming Add Ons

FIXES
◾General stability and performance improvements
◾Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
◾Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
◾Fixed issue in “Mankind Redefined” to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
◾In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
◾Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
◾Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
◾Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
◾Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
◾Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing

the DLC for Fallout 4 sound very underwhelming...normally you can count on 1 or 2 really good Fallout add-ons...this time they sound pretty average
The DLC for New Vegas was MUCH better than the crap Bethesda has been foisting on us...
6 DLC packages and only 2 with any actual new story content. Even then, Automotron is rather short.
Unless Nuka World is super amazing (doubtful) than the season pass I bought will have been a waste of money.

the DLC for Fallout 4 sound very underwhelming...normally you can count on 1 or 2 really good Fallout add-ons...this time they sound pretty average
Automatron was kinda meh and too short. Far Harbor was surprisingly good and took 20+ hours to complete. Glad I got the season pass when it was cheaper. $50 is a rip-off unless you like the workshop/settlement fluff.

Far Harbor was outstanding. I really wish we could have gotten one more like that... and I think we should and could have. They're cutting out too soon and considering it takes them well night friggin' forever to get their games out I'm pretty bummed about it.

The DLC for New Vegas was MUCH better than the crap Bethesda has been foisting on us...
6 DLC packages and only 2 with any actual new story content. Even then, Automotron is rather short.
Unless Nuka World is super amazing (doubtful) than the season pass I bought will have been a waste of money.

I'd love for Obsidian to get another shot at this. I get the arguments about the locales but other than that New Vegas handed Fallout 3 its ass. It was simply a better game across the boards except for perhaps the locale argument.

Bethesda did well here on Fallout 4 but another round of the above would be outstanding. I have little doubts Obsidian would provide improvements yet again.

If it's going to take them 3-5 years to get another game out then why not let some other studios have some fun with these properties? Imagine a Naughty Dog or Obsidian or some of these other high end outfits getting a crack at Elder Scrolls and Fallout?

NickJames did the suggestion work for you? Let me know as there are alternatives depending upon whether or not you use SK.

For those who have been waiting for the non-SK Fallout 4 mod installation guide, I do sincerely apologize for taking as long as I have to type the document. I'm trying not to make any type of excuse for the delays yet considering the depth the document I believe you'll understand.

There are many various factors I've learned over the course of installing and testing non-SK versions of mods. The first page was only going to be a simple description of what the guide does yet has grown to include cautionary advisements, things to watch for, bug reports and other various pieces of information which should prove useful to many.

I've split the first page into three parts: one with introductory statements, cautions and preparation. There had to be a separation to forewarn everyone who follow my guide and go crazy with installing various non-SK mods. Even with my system I experience workshop menu lag. I'll extrapolate in the document as to why though I believe you all would already know as to why.

I'm only going to say the document will be published soon (subjective). Won't give an exact date as there are many non-SK mods still in need of testing.

Wouldn't mind 1 or 2 future Fallout 4 DLCs, if possible (better be major ones) getting the Obsidian treatment. And yes, a "New Vegas" for Fallout 4 would be nice (Fallout 4.5?) to tide us over until Fallout 5.

NickJames did the suggestion work for you? Let me know as there are alternatives depending upon whether or not you use SK.

For those who have been waiting for the non-SK Fallout 4 mod installation guide, I do sincerely apologize for taking as long as I have to type the document. I'm trying not to make any type of excuse for the delays yet considering the depth the document I believe you'll understand.

There are many various factors I've learned over the course of installing and testing non-SK versions of mods. The first page was only going to be a simple description of what the guide does yet has grown to include cautionary advisements, things to watch for, bug reports and other various pieces of information which should prove useful to many.

I've split the first page into three parts: one with introductory statements, cautions and preparation. There had to be a separation to forewarn everyone who follow my guide and go crazy with installing various non-SK mods. Even with my system I experience workshop menu lag. I'll extrapolate in the document as to why though I believe you all would already know as to why.

I'm only going to say the document will be published soon (subjective). Won't give an exact date as there are many non-SK mods still in need of testing.

I couldn't find the working doors in Homemaker so I just downloaded the SOE pack and used those. Thanks.

i'm pretty disappointed in the FO4 DLC so far. I care not for stuff packs and building shit and the 2 campaign style DLCs have been meh at best. I remember the FO3/FO3:NV DLC being pretty epic for the most part. Sure some of them weren't that great but they still felt better than the FO4 ones.

i'm pretty disappointed in the FO4 DLC so far. I care not for stuff packs and building shit and the 2 campaign style DLCs have been meh at best. I remember the FO3/FO3:NV DLC being pretty epic for the most part. Sure some of them weren't that great but they still felt better than the FO4 ones.

I am incredibly disappointed in Bethesdas bait and switch tactic. They essentially convinced everyone to buy the Season Pass by saying that the price would go up because the DLC was larger than expected. The fans were anticipating even more DLC than the previous games and yet in the end we get 2 workshops, 2 large story DLCs and 1 side story/workshop. What is that? Scumbag move on their part. I better get 20+ hours out of Nuka World.

Some will say that Far Harbor and Automatron are larger than all of FO3s DLCs combined but I really think they don't take into account the actual story time. Automatron had a lot of travel and hunt/retrieve mission with only 2 or 3 actual story interactions. Far Harbor is much better but still plenty travel and hunt/retrieve missions.

Meh - I've been pretty darn happy with FO4. Sure it's no New Vegas in humor, but I am in the game to explore while I shoot, loot, and scoot. Weapons modding wasn't big for me, and settlement building wasn't enjoyable until after I finished the game and got the workshop dlc. Then it became pretty darn fun and gave me a reason to head into the wastelands with a shopping list. With about 234 hours into it (Far Harbor time as well) I certainly have gotten my money's worth.

Meh - I've been pretty darn happy with FO4. Sure it's no New Vegas in humor, but I am in the game to explore while I shoot, loot, and scoot. Weapons modding wasn't big for me, and settlement building wasn't enjoyable until after I finished the game and got the workshop dlc. Then it became pretty darn fun and gave me a reason to head into the wastelands with a shopping list. With about 234 hours into it (Far Harbor time as well) I certainly have gotten my money's worth.

Me, too. I just want more and I think Bethesda is pulling out on it too soon. :)

I think anyone (read: sucker) who paid $50 for the season pass would be justified in being disappointed with the value, but considering I only paid half that, I'm pretty happy with the value I've gotten out of the game so far. Far Harbor alone was a very solid "expansion" and hopefully Nuka World will add some solid content. While short, I loved the content of Automatron, and the robot crafting is pretty cool. I haven't been too big on the settlement aspects, but you've got to appreciate what's been added there. And the ability to soon be able to create our own vaults is pretty sweet.

Whelp, I think I may have pushed things a bit too far or have a mod conflict....

AceGoober_FO4_0231.jpg

Started experiencing invisible building foundations and terrain flickering in and out of view. I'm going to load-up FO4Edit first to see if there is a conflict somewhere before removing any mods.

like this
Back