Eyefinity and Triple DVI working.

Wow, that does indeed look like an active adapter. I wonder how well it works with Eyefinity?

Bit different from the Dell one as it works with HDMI though so it might not be suitable for everyone but I'm connecting 2 DVI displays and one HDMI TV so it will do the job I hope (Christmas time is when I'll know as I'm getting the 5850 then :) )

Wow, that does indeed look like an active adapter. I wonder how well it works with Eyefinity?

Maybe I'm missing something but the description seems pretty clear that the usb port provides the audio for the hdmi, not power for an active converter. Still looks passive to me.

Maybe I'm missing something but the description seems pretty clear that the usb port provides the audio for the hdmi, not power for an active converter. Still looks passive to me.

Yeah, it is passive + audio.. clearly designed to give folks with newer macs the ability to output to HDMI.

sure looks great for productivity, and a marvel of technology.. but those games were not looking hot on the triple display imo

Well, here's my setup. Two 20" 2001FP's flanking a 2407WFP. Only thing that sucked was that Eyefinity made the 2407WFP 1600 pixels wide, matching the other two monitors. Not as sharp for 2d use, but ok for gaming. I know the 2001's are not as high as the 2407, but they are all 1200 pixels high. I have the tops of margins all lined up perfect. Gaming is great, all I needed was the adapter (thanks to ontariotl), I already had these three monitors. Good luck to everyone looking for adapters, trust me it will be worth the effort.
DSCF2013.jpg

L4D is amazing, way more fun to play now.
DSCF2026.jpg

Well, here's my setup. Two 20" 2001FP's flanking a 2407WFP. Only thing that sucked was that Eyefinity made the 2407WFP 1600 pixels wide, matching the other two monitors. Not as sharp for 2d use, but ok for gaming. I know the 2001's are not as high as the 2407, but they are all 1200 pixels high. I have the tops of margins all lined up perfect. Gaming is great, all I needed was the adapter (thanks to ontariotl), I already had these three monitors. Good luck to everyone looking for adapters, trust me it will be worth the effort.

You're quite welcome for the adaptor. Thanks for taking both of them off my hands :p. Your setup looks good, thanks for taking a few pics. Did your buddy get his setup yet?

Looking good. Welcome to the club!

You have never played on one then. I can't go back to one screen.

Once you've tried it there's no turning back. Sucks because my next upgrade will have me getting three larger matching monitors (27" maybe?). Not sure how I'll sneak it by the wife, but can't just go upgrade one of course. :D

You're quite welcome for the adaptor. Thanks for taking both of them off my hands :p. Your setup looks good, thanks for taking a few pics. Did your buddy get his setup yet?

My friend received his adapter and is using three new Samsung SyncMaster 2343BWX monitors, with a native res of 2048x1152. Weird size isnt it? They were on sale for $199.00. He will be sending me pics of his setup soon.

Just got everything set up. To reiterate others who have been lucky enough to play with Eyefinity, you really have to experience it to believe how much more immersive it is.

I'm playing with a 28"x30"x28" portrait setup with the DVI-MiniDP adapter. I tried landscape, but it seemed too wide for me -- like I wasn't taking enough advantage of the screen area. Maybe when I try GRID, I'll test it back out on landscape, but portrait mode is my preference for now.

I'm running at 3700x1920. Dragon Age (with the recent Eyefinity update) and TF2 is blowing my mind.

I do have two outstanding issues:

- Like many others, the monitor attached to the DVI-DP conks out/loses the link momentarily once in a while (maybe every 30-45 minutes or so), then quickly comes back.
- My two Hanns-G 28", which are connected to my 5870 via HDMI/DVI adapter, get screen interference (the screen appears to shift periodically) when any images change in 2D mode (in movies, IE, Flash etc). Not a huge deal since I just turn them off when not gaming, but still annoying. I'm guessing it's a timing issue since the two 28"s are connected with HDMI rather than the DVI on the 30" HP.
- I have two 5870s, but only one is being used in Eyefinity. Hopefully, ATI will fix this soon :)

Pix shortly...

I did get the adapter, thanks for your help on that ontariotl :D

Once you've tried it there's no turning back. Sucks because my next upgrade will have me getting three larger matching monitors (27" maybe?). Not sure how I'll sneak it by the wife, but can't just go upgrade one of course. :D

I know. I have been thinking of upgrading to 30" :)

[L]imey;1034982538 said:
Make sure it all arrives at once because missing 1 piece will drive you nuts :p

Wish my adapter would hurry up and get here

I was stupid and forgot to make sure I'd be getting a displayport cable, so one monitor sits boxed while I wait.

Questions regarding the "Eyefinity Not Using Active Adapter."

So, using the Displayport + Passive DP-to-DVI adaptor + DVI-to-VGA adaptor should work?
Any known issues or limitation using VGA?
I guess not being HDCP complaint might cause problems for Bluray watching and some programs?
Has anyone on the [H] forums tried this method yet?

Hey there,

Will Eyefinity do 4800X1200? Would need to buy a new desk if I were to go bigger than 3X20" monitors. And I already have 2.

Don

Yes, I am using a 4800x1200 setup right now.

My center monitor is a 24" dell, native it is 1920x1200
My flank monitors are 20" Dells, native is 1600x1200

Eyefinity set the 24" to 1600x1200, for the three to be the same I suppose.

Can't wait for the bezel management software.

Last edited:
He means RESIZE THE BIG ASS PICTURE BEFORE POSTING!

Huh? He clearly meant the picture is just a photoshop, which is obvious by both the unrealistic overall look and the messed up perspective all over the place. Why would you need photoshop just to resize a picture?

Huh? He clearly meant the picture is just a photoshop, which is obvious by both the unrealistic overall look and the messed up perspective all over the place. Why would you need photoshop just to resize a picture?

Correct. I was referring to the cheesy looking photo. ;)

Dumb question: What game is that in the last two Eyefinity photos from the review? Is it one of the COD games?

Correct. I was referring to the cheesy looking photo. ;)

Thats what I thought and therefore pointed out that this cheesy looking photo is from Sappire themselves. Its most likely the advertised upcoming ATI certified adapter:
http://www1.sapphiretech.com/fc/gallery/main.php?id=532

I suggest you and Spaceman_Spiff send an email to Sapphire asking them how they dare to use photoshop in that manner with their products. :D

A photoshop could be any form of an altered photo, or in this case, fake as shit. Sure, they're probably coming out with a product but that doesn't mean the photo you linked was actually taken with a camera. That shit was drawn by marketing, and badly.

A photoshop could be any form of an altered photo, or in this case, fake as shit. Sure, they're probably coming out with a product but that doesn't mean the photo you linked was actually taken with a camera. That shit was drawn by marketing, and badly.

It could have been a hand drawing for all I care as long as it represents an actual product. If it gets your panties in a twist, send them an email.

For others, who care about the adapter itself, I can see it online already here in Norway. Its confirmed to arrive 2009-12-15:
http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=575163

Whos panties are in a wad? You're the one who took offense to a photoshop being called a photoshop :p

Back