Eyefinity and Triple DVI working.

[L]imey;1034786411 said:
Kyle,

Any word on those 5850 3x1680 benchies I asked for? :)

Good luck in Jury duty, I got picked last time I went, spent 5 days waiting to say no to some greedy clowns.

Brent is working on Eyefinity performance now using 3 U2410 displays. I am still working on the Eyefinity experience.

Trial is a snore, some kid with misdemeanor theft less than $500.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

User error ? o.0 :p

Nah, jk, when something goes bad, everything does! i had 8 drives whitin a month dying, it just did take 5 years since last time 1!! disk broke, and before that another 3 years so i think they planned on dying all of them.

Btw kyle, this is of topic on this one, but people say there is hacks to make physx run on more than 1 cpu core, on 4, or 8 ;) i think i can find a link tomorrow, in CET time zone so i gotta go to bed soon.

Good luck in the jury.

I think it's because the DP on the card is a full DP connector not a Mini-DP connector.

Is there a more complete explanation of this somewhere? What's the difference between an "Active adapter" and a simple displayport to DVI adapter other than "you just need one"

What is the simple adapter capable of and why does it exist if you need the $100 one for Eyefinity? Can the simple one not do 3daccelerated graphics but just simple windows desktop environments?

Finally have my Accell hooked up....WOW! Much better than suffering with 2 monitors. Of course have to share some pics. Using 3 LG W2343T DVI monitors.

NFS:Shift
P1010119.jpg

P1010122.jpg

P1010123.jpg

P1010124.jpg

P1010128.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010131.jpg

P1010133.jpg

L4D
P1010135.jpg

P1010136.jpg

P1010137.jpg

P1010139.jpg

Screwing around with Radeon 9800 chimp demo, it just cloned on the monitors
P1010141.jpg

P1010142.jpg

P1010144.jpg

BF2 with FOV fix
P1010145.jpg

P1010146.jpg

One thing I noticed though. With my fan set at 100% and in Eyefinity running, I'm seeing a GPU core temp of 92C. Thats insane! Looks like I may have to invest in watercooling, especially if I'm going to go CF once the drivers support it.

Sure look forward to that adapter price going down. I already have 3 22" LCDs (hope my sceptres can handle it), just gotta foot the price for the card and adapter. BTW, such a messy shelf. lol

Is there a more complete explanation of this somewhere? What's the difference between an "Active adapter" and a simple displayport to DVI adapter other than "you just need one"

What is the simple adapter capable of and why does it exist if you need the $100 one for Eyefinity? Can the simple one not do 3daccelerated graphics but just simple windows desktop environments?

DP signal and dual link DVI signal are totally different, unlike DVI and HDMI. The active adapter has logic inside that changes the DP signal to a dual link DVI signal. It is my understanding that a dual link DVI signal is used even with monitor sizes under 2560 resolution. So while you might be able to connect a 1920 resolution single link DVI monitor to a NON-Eyefinity DisplayPort video card, this is not going to happen with an Eyefinity setup. The extra bandwidth is obviously being used.

Sure look forward to that adapter price going down. I already have 3 22" LCDs (hope my sceptres can handle it), just gotta foot the price for the card and adapter. BTW, such a messy shelf. lol

That is being worked on intensively by AMD. Shooting for sub-$50 (Actually target price is lower than that, but I do not want to be the messenger shot if AMD does not make its MSRP goal.)

Yep, that is very much a working shelf and not a storage shelf. It was just cleaned off two weeks ago. Need to move it though.

On the portrait setups I am using....if you are a big racer you will want to go landscape for sure. I do however like portrait for FPS a lot better. I am finding the immersion factor much greater than landscape for shooters. The immersion on the driving games is good too, but the driving games play benefits much more with the wider view.

Damn Kyle, that's an impressive amount of pixels in front of you. I have a feeling that pictures don't really do the whole setup justice.

Finally have my Accell hooked up....WOW! Much better than suffering with 2 monitors. Of course have to share some pics. Using 3 LG W2343T DVI monitors.

SWEET PICS HERE

One thing I noticed though. With my fan set at 100% and in Eyefinity running, I'm seeing a GPU core temp of 92C. Thats insane! Looks like I may have to invest in watercooling, especially if I'm going to go CF once the drivers support it.

I just left a happy in my pants. All these pics and videos here and elsewhere have convinced me that I must go Eyefinity.

thats some extreme geometry going on in that pic of the BF2 mini map

And Kyle, whats the power draw for the entire system (rig + monitors) when gaming/idle?

Damn! :eek:

Very impressive setup with the three Dell 3007 WFP LCDs. Makes me drool at the mouth like a rabid dawg. :p

Oh boy! Here we go again. So that Kyle wont piss off the judge I'll get this one.

You could go 37" or more, but you will still have 1920x1080 resolution. It's nice to have a big screen, but you will see the exact amount of content compared to a 24". With Eyefinity it will add more pixels on screen beyond the 1080 (or 1920 if in portrait) resolution you are stuck at with a single monitor. Think of playing a FPS, you will see someone sneaking up on you at the corner of your eye before you even know he's there on a single display.

As for the bezels, your mind will compensate for the gaps.

SWEET!!! My package just arrived as I was typing this.......gotta try it out!!!

Makes sense........ I suppose I cant judge it till actually sitting in front of this setup. Thanks for the info.

Dell delayed my DP to DVI until next Mon (estimated). I have 3 monitors sitting on my desk but only using 2. What a tease....

And Kyle, whats the power draw for the entire system (rig + monitors) when gaming/idle?

Have not looked into that, but I will try to remember to do so. I have the systems split on breakers there now though.....so not just an easy one plug in job....

Damn! :eek:

Very impressive setup with the three Dell 3007 WFP LCDs. Makes me drool at the mouth like a rabid dawg. :p

Dell delayed my DP to DVI until next Mon (estimated). I have 3 monitors sitting on my desk but only using 2. What a tease....

This MIGHT be a good thing. I am having some problems with my setup this evening, after it was perfect this morning. The DP converter is not passing the signal to the monitor now. The reason I say this is a good thing is because I am getting a new one from AMD this week that has a newer firmware on it. They are still working towards a "certified product." Might be worth waiting for too. Not sure you can flash these adapters yourself.

Read: Brent is doing work while you are having fun gaming on 3 monitors. :p

Yeah, that's the ticket. I will say this though, I have played more games since I got Eyefinity than I have in the last two years.

What kind of open tray case thing is that that he uses for his computer? Is that a custom built thing or did he buy it somewhere?

(tons of pictures making me drool)

Holy crap that looks amazing. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of Flight Simulator X hanging around to try that on would ya?

:drool:

How I wish I have money for that. Right now, my aim is to only replace my old 19" with a 23" lcd :p

Also I may be old fashioned here but I don't like having those "bars" across the screen from joining 3 or more monitor together and game across all 3 monitor.

Damn you Kyle, damn you for giving me the upgrade bug. I spent $400 last weekend on the 5870, and once I get paid again I'm going to be getting additional monitors and a bigger desk. Damn the [H].. I must have this. Sigh.

Am I the only person who finds it a bit ridiculous to shell out the $$$ for a 5800 and 3 monitors and still have to spend $100 (or even $50) on extra cabling to get things working as they are supposed to?

What benefit does Display Port offer? What is lacking from the video signal of DVI/HDMI? Eyefinity would be much easier with 3 DVI/HDMI connections. Why Display Port?

I guess that's how they bring the cost down for themselves. I wish they would have addressed this but what are you going to do? If you look at it this way you are already spending over a grand for a new display setup what's and extra 100 bucks?

Could also be a convenience thing. If they estimate that fewer people will use three monitors than will use displayport, then the average annoyance in the userbase wil be lower with the displayport than with another DVI (or HDMI) port. ;)

Also, keep in mind the direction Eyefinity is heading -

6x mini displayport

(drool)

Am I the only person who finds it a bit ridiculous to shell out the $$$ for a 5800 and 3 monitors and still have to spend $100 (or even $50) on extra cabling to get things working as they are supposed to?

What benefit does Display Port offer? What is lacking from the video signal of DVI/HDMI? Eyefinity would be much easier with 3 DVI/HDMI connections. Why Display Port?

Because DVI/ HDMI need logic chips on the graphics card while Displayport doesn't.

If you're buying completely new monitors you might as well get them as DP monitors.

If you already have 3 monitors that aren't DP, then you need to get the adapter.

No one is forced to do eyefinity if they buy a 5000 series card. So no, it's not 'ridiculous'.

Also, keep in mind the direction Eyefinity is heading -

6x mini displayport

(drool)

The octopus-like tangle of DP->DVI adapters you might need would be a sight to see. :D

(Of course, it will be brilliant with DP-supporting monitors.)

I already had 2 monitors. I'm just going to pick up a 3rd that is DP and be set. If you don't want to buy the adapter, sell one of you existing monitors and buy one with native DP.

Do you notice the vertical space on 23" in landscape is too small/low? I'm thinking about going this route instead of 3x 30".

I'm reconsidering going 23" inches now since I don't like the idea of my g/f strangling me in my sleep n:p

Do you notice the vertical space on 23" in landscape is too small/low? I'm thinking about going this route instead of 3x 30".

I'm reconsidering going 23" inches now since I don't like the idea of my g/f strangling me in my sleep n:p

While on the desktop, it gets some getting used to since I came from a 32" monitor. It doesnt take long to like it as I have so many windows all over the place on the desktop..so much more room compared to one 32".

As for gaming, you get swallowed (wish my gf would do the same) into it that you don't notice it as much. I understand why some do like the portrait mode, and that cool for vertical space, but I want beyond my peripheral. Its just a matter of choice.

30" monitors would be sweet, but we are all on a budget aren't we? For the cost of my 32", I was able to pick up 3 23" monitors.

As promised and a few other games...

(more pictures)

That is amazing man, thanks for those pictures. Is FSX running within an acceptable framerate?

Also, I noticed the G19 - I have a G15v2 and was considering getting the G19 for the extra macro key lane and LCD, not to mention USB2.0. Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Back