EVGA Video card explosion @ Monarch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My step-up ends last week of February. :(

I would of really liked a 512MB G71.

I dont think you people know exactly how the step up works. :) Its not that great. Itll be about the same price as buying a new video card somewhere else. Im not sure why youre worried about it. If you want the G71, go buy it when it comes out and sell whatever card you have now. It might even save you money that way..

Retsam said:
I dont think you people know exactly how the step up works. :) Its not that great. Itll be about the same price as buying a new video card somewhere else. Im not sure why youre worried about it. If you want the G71, go buy it when it comes out and sell whatever card you have now. It might even save you money that way..

Well see the thing is, i bought the card for $335, if i bought it for the price now for 260$ then i'd do what you said. I would just lose a lot more money if i were to sell my card since it went down a lot.

I just noticed that while other cards say "in stock ships in 1-2 days" the 7800 gt co se does not have this. The regular CO version does say in stock. Does it mean it is backordered?

I see that too... I ordered mine yesterday and did not notice if it said in stock or nothing at all. My order status is at "Order moved to Shipping and waiting order approval for shipping".

If I have to wait it won't be a big disappointment since this is my first piece that I've purchased for my new system. I just don't want to be left holding the bag...

BlizzofOZ said:
I see that too... I ordered mine yesterday and did not notice if it said in stock or nothing at all. My order status is at "Order moved to Shipping and waiting order approval for shipping".

If I have to wait it won't be a big disappointment since this is my first piece that I've purchased for my new system. I just don't want to be left holding the bag...

monarch says they shipped the item like 2-3 days after you order but it gets here 3-4 days after you order. that DVD writer i ordered during the supersale got here yesterday. i payed the $0.79 to get my 7800GT here faster. i also have a mobo and HDDs coming so i am totally bored right now as a power supply and ram and a DVDRW are no fun alone :(

Between the 7800gt deal and the opty 165 I'm thinking about cutting up my credit cards to stop myself...

i orderd my 7800gt on 15th and still not yet getting a "shipped" tracking email, has anyone got their shipped confirmation already?

Bakku said:
i orderd my 7800gt on 15th and still not yet getting a "shipped" tracking email, has anyone got their shipped confirmation already?

Sounds like something is wrong. Usually when I order from monarch it ships th same day or the following day. You should contact someone at monarch directly, or PM him your order info and see if he can check it for you.

Well I can promise since its a holiday as well Monday, and with all the opty and video card orders they are getting, im sure there will be some delays. Expect it.

Retsam said:
Well I can promise since its a holiday as well Monday, and with all the opty and video card orders they are getting, im sure there will be some delays. Expect it.

Eh... If he ordered the 15th, it still should have shipped before the weekend and before the holidays. I wouldn't get to worried, but I would still contact someone.

will do that, thx guys.
my CC is charged, i just need a tracking no. to make sure the vid card is on the way to me. hopefully there'll be no dramas.

BigHubris said:
I just noticed that while other cards say "in stock ships in 1-2 days" the 7800 gt co se does not have this. The regular CO version does say in stock. Does it mean it is backordered?

Both in stock

Monarch Deals said:
Both in stock

Will you guys be shipping orders on Monday? I know some places are closed... but wondering if my card has a chance it'll ship on monday.

It is a holiday after all. :p I wouldnt expect it. I believe fedex/ups/usps are off, so where would it get shipped to? :p

I suppose youre right. I swear I heard somewhere that fedex and ups were closed as well but looks like im wrong.

Does anyone happen to own an evga 7800gt CO or CO SE card and could you tell me how loud the fan is? Is it extremely loud like the BFG fan is? Debating if I should get an NV silencer or not.

Retsam said:
Does anyone happen to own an evga 7800gt CO or CO SE card and could you tell me how loud the fan is? Is it extremely loud like the BFG fan is? Debating if I should get an NV silencer or not.
My brother (he's Rhetoric here on the forums) has the 7800GT CO (the one clocked at 470) and he's one of the quiet running sort, and he's never mentioned any noice. He's quite happy with it. That's something never bothered me... You used to be able to hear my computer from outside my garage at my old house. LOL

Retsam said:

I'd get an NV Silencer anyways. They do wonders for the price. Dead silent, better cooling, high oc potential, and they move the hot air out the back of your case, so they will lower ambient temps.

Alright. Thanks. Yeah I got some other replies elsewhere and it looks like the fan is just as loud as my bfg fan is. So ill probably have to get a NV silencer. Because my video card fan is definitely the loudest thing in my case.

I like mine, I definitely noticed a drop in ambient temp within the case after swapping the NV Silencer in.

Anyone seen their eVGA cards get shipped from those deals last week? My status page hasn't changed from the "submitted to the warehouse for processing" since I ordered the card last week.

I just talked to someone who called monarch. They said that monarch oversold the video card. Probably not in stock for some orders so.......said they will be getting an Order in later in the week.

Retsam said:
I just talked to someone who called monarch. They said that monarch oversold the video card. Probably not in stock for some orders so.......said they will be getting an Order in later in the week.

hopefully these "deals" they are posting isn't hurting their customer service... i don't mind paying a little more if I can rely on customer service and not saying something is instock when it isn't. :rolleyes:

Keep the faith monarch.

TheCreator said:
hopefully these "deals" they are posting isn't hurting their customer service... i don't mind paying a little more if I can rely on customer service and not saying something is instock when it isn't. :rolleyes:

Keep the faith monarch.

Evga was supposed to have more to us on thursday and friday but there was a delay.We are getting a large shipment today and tomorrow, we will have all orders out very shortly.

I received email notification this morning that my card shipped, and I have a tracking number. I ordered the 7800GS AGP card.

ob1 said:
I received email notification this morning that my card shipped, and I have a tracking number. I ordered the 7800GS AGP card.

I think the shortages are with the 7800gt's

Retsam said:
Indeed. The 7800GT CO SE im sure. :p

that's what i ordered mid last week and haven't heard a peep on. i don't understand why companies don't send out emails when things are back ordered.

You could call them and ask y'know... Or even PM their rep here, I'm sure it'll be more productive, but he already explained what was up and it seems all is right. /shrug

Well you gotta be a little forgiving. Im sure they sold hundreds within a few days....

Like the rep just said, they are getting more in today or tomorrow.

Oh, I'm not even really complaining.. I still like Monarch, It's just something I've never understood...

I've ordered things online several times and they have been backordered and never been informed about it.

I have complete confidence everything will turn out fine. I just like to be kept updated, that's all.

They are not listed as out of stock anymore. I just wrote them a complaining email because my account was charged days ago which is BS if they weren't in stock at the time. I placed my order late Wednesday night and I am a little peeved that it STILL hasn't shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back