EVGA Overtake

Let me know how that 570 does. I found one for sale locally that I may be interested in. I don't recall seeing numbers for them anywhere, though.

I'll check mine when I get back on my PC, but I think when a good unit comes in ~150K+ PPD is what it's projected to make. Reference card on stock clocks.

We had a nice 2M point win yesterday - I'm sure it was due to the 8057 GPU units being unavailable for most of the day. The 8057s are back, so keep those GPUs coming!
I guess that is why my points sucked yesterday.

We had a nice 2M point win yesterday - I'm sure it was due to the 8057 GPU units being unavailable for most of the day. The 8057s are back, so keep those GPUs coming!
They've been averaging about 36M ppd, and yesterday they had only 27M. We've been averaging about 33M ppd and we had 29M yesterday.

interesting

Sever that has the 8057 WU is down for maintenance this holiday weekend.

So we now know how much of a bump they have been getting from the beta WU.

It's not down now - all of my cards have been running 8057s - starting at some point yesterday evening.

newegg has 550s for 99 bux in their sale

what do you guys think?

what do you guys think?

Nope, save more and get a 560, the 550's do not have enough grunt for the bigger WU - just ask FLECOM, he got caught with a load of 450's

what do you guys think?

It is really going to depend on how big GPU QRB units end up being. 550s only have 192 cuda cores. On the current units, they do OK. If the units start getting bigger, these cards aren't going to be worth much.

I think you will be better off with a 460 than a 550 right now, for about the same money.

Switched my i7 930 for a 5649 last night. Got an extra 10k ppd, but with a 10 degree drop across the cores. I'm going to overclock the living piss out of it tonight and see where I get.

more cores for the [h]orde!

It is really going to depend on how big GPU QRB units end up being. 550s only have 192 cuda cores. On the current units, they do OK. If the units start getting bigger, these cards aren't going to be worth much.

I think you will be better off with a 460 than a 550 right now, for about the same money.
That was a tough lesson. The early work units for Fermi cards were really little and the ppd was huge. Kind of like today.

then the real units came out and ppd plummeted, especially on the cards with fewer cores. Something to keep in mind for sure. We are only seeing beta units today.

H=21,089,691 E=18,056,399 as of now for the day.

Good job guys!

WTH. I guess I'll throw my 2x 680, 1x 660Ti, 1x 650 Ti at some QRB folding units. I might even pick up another 660Ti or two.

I really need to control the noise. My 470 screams. 570 isn't that quiet either, but between the two in the same room it makes sleeping impossible.

The bright side is that my warm stays nice and cozy when they are running; I just can't deal with the noise. Something has to give. Moving them isn't an option as one I use as a TV/HTPC in my room and the other is my primary desktop. Sleeping elsewhere isn't possible either. Therefore, I can't really devote 24/7 folding on them. I usually only fold when I am away. :/

Gonna see about doing those closed loop cpu coolers hacks on the GPU to see if that can control the noise. Might even allow me to overclock.

Maybe I should build another room and place my bed in there. Might be cheaper in the long run.

For $100 I bought the arctic cooling water cooler for my GTX 470 in my htpc. I have it running dead silent and the 470 is over bolted and over clocked. Temps are about 80. There's a lot more cooling potential there that I'm not exploiting in the name of silence.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186067

Yeah but I'm looking to spend about $60 on a setup that just requires some custom modding which shouldn't be too difficult.

WTH. I guess I'll throw my 2x 680, 1x 660Ti, 1x 650 Ti at some QRB folding units. I might even pick up another 660Ti or two.

I like to hear this. You won't be able to use v 2.22 on those, but should make some swift ppd nonetheless :)

We got 32.5m yesterday, Evga only got 28.3m, nice work but go team -especially now the 8057's are back

We got 32.5m yesterday, Evga only got 28.3m, nice work but go team -especially now the 8057's are back

All that tells me is that our production hasn't really budged much at all. IIRC, we average around that number all the time anyway and the only reason EVGA dipped so low was before of the lack of 8057s, which haven't been back for very long. I predict that todays numbers will show EVGA back at their 35M+ days and we'll still be around 33M. :eek:

All that tells me is that our production hasn't really budged much at all. IIRC, we average around that number all the time anyway and the only reason EVGA dipped so low was before of the lack of 8057s, which haven't been back for very long. I predict that todays numbers will show EVGA back at their 35M+ days and we'll still be around 33M. :eek:

shut_your_whore_mouth.jpg

:p

I don't know if all the 8057 units are gone or QRB has been lowered but evga's PPD has taken a huge shit (for the better...and proper). WHEW! :eek: :D

Once their average ppd works everything will again feel fine...

Well, according to EOC this little problem has been taken care of - i suggest that whilst GPU QRB is hard to come by we open up the biggest gap possible..

NOW WHERE IS MY DAMN MOBO:mad::mad:

Back