Epic Games Store

Do you mean the Social Panel? Shift+f3 to bring it up, then hover over the message with your mouse then click the x. That's the only overlay I see on the EGS.
It gave me and a lot of others, shit in Death Stranding.
Yea the Social Panel, personally I don't have any friends on EGS and don't care for achievements. I wish it was optional atleast until they get the bugs around it sorted out.

Yea the Social Panel, personally I don't have any friends on EGS and don't care for achievements. I wish it was optional atleast until they get the bugs around it sorted out.
Couldn't of said it better myself.

Genshin Impact is coming to the Epic Games Store next week

The hit free-to-play RPG will launch on the Epic Store alongside the release of the 1.6 patch...Genshin Impact on the Epic Store will be crossplay compatible with the PlayStation, Android, iOS, and standalone PC versions, and players will be able to claim a free in-game bonus for a limited time beginning June 9th (use the redemption code "GenshinEpic")

https://www.pcgamer.com/genshin-impact-is-coming-to-the-epic-games-store-next-week/

Genshin Impact is coming to the Epic Games Store next week

The hit free-to-play RPG will launch on the Epic Store alongside the release of the 1.6 patch...Genshin Impact on the Epic Store will be crossplay compatible with the PlayStation, Android, iOS, and standalone PC versions, and players will be able to claim a free in-game bonus for a limited time beginning June 9th (use the redemption code "GenshinEpic")

https://www.pcgamer.com/genshin-impact-is-coming-to-the-epic-games-store-next-week/
I been wanting to play it. Might get it on Steam if it's there.
I might install it on my phone also.

We are aware of players experiencing issues logging in to their Epic Games accounts. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Please check the Epic Games Store Page for the most up-to-date information.

We are aware of players experiencing issues logging in to their Epic Games accounts. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Please check the Epic Games Store Page for the most up-to-date information.

everyone is logging in trying to get Control for free

I have a metric shitload of free games in my Epic account and I really only bother with the AAA ones. I have GTA5, Control, all the Arkham games, Battlefront 2, Remnant, both Metro redux games, Darksiders 1 and 2, and a pile more. That ain't bad.

Axiom Verge 2- Official Gameplay Trailer | Day of the Devs 2021

In Axiom Verge 2, you don't have to fight a single boss battle if you don't want to and still complete the game, though there are still plenty of challenging boss battles you can take on if you wish...

I replayed Alan Wake some months back, wish I waited for the remaster. Doubt I'll play it again so soon, or ever again. FF7 Remake is nice but will probably come to Steam to. Japanese developers seem to be more traditional and mostly have been coming to Steam. Nier Replicant and RE8 are examples. Maybe this changes with FF7.

I replayed Alan Wake some months back, wish I waited for the remaster. Doubt I'll play it again so soon, or ever again. FF7 Remake is nice but will probably come to Steam to. Japanese developers seem to be more traditional and mostly have been coming to Steam. Nier Replicant and RE8 are examples. Maybe this changes with FF7.

The Kingdom Hearts games are Epic exclusive. FF7R also uses Unreal Engine, which means they'd give Epic even less of a cut on sales.

The Kingdom Hearts games are Epic exclusive. FF7R also uses Unreal Engine, which means they'd give Epic even less of a cut on sales.
Yep, unreal engine has a 5 percent revenue fee that us waived on the epic game store for sales made there.

I just don't understand what is Epic doing with their store.
They have a good thing going for everyone, both gamers with a "competitive alternative" and the devs with cheaper fees.

But their store is simply junk. How hard is it to implement reviews?
Also, for someone who created game engines, their store sure sucks. It gobbles tons of resources.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people who use Epic store are in for the free games.
I've been waiting for it to become better. But it's trash. The UI is ugly, there are no reviews, the app gobbles resources....
Seriously Epic, get your shit together. With all that money, you should be able to develop something superior to Steam because Valve is just fucking lazy.

Not only that. The launcher is buggy as shit. It has crashed my PC twice. I haven't had a crash otherwise.

why are reviews so important?...are Steam reviews accurate?...if you want reviews on a game then just do a Google search

User reviews are way better than googling reviews, especially for early access games, as I can sort by newest reviews to get a more accurate opinion as well as having access to hundreds of different opinions instead of one guy/gal telling me about the game. I can look at YouTube videos for actual gameplay with commentary.
I never read reviews on game websites. People still do that?
It's mostly YouTube (but I have very little patience for videos over 10min) and Steam reviews/discussions.

why are reviews so important?...are Steam reviews accurate?...if you want reviews on a game then just do a Google search
Agree. Steam reviews are generally garbage and prone to be review bombed over dumb shit. Their message boards are complete cancer. Those 2 things bring nothing of value. Epic probably just doesn't want to deal with that shit. I'd you want reviews go find a YouTuber that has similar tastes to you.

That's sorta Epics strategy, put in least amount of money/effort into their store/launcher and use more resources for exclusives / free games. It would be pointless anyways, no doubt their forums would be mostly full of Epic hate.

on the other hand, googling issues i've had with games, has led me to steam/gog forums many times, so forums are not completely useless.

No kidding.... "hate game, bad game and dev sucks" (hours on record: 5200).misy have really sucked if you played that long! /s such a useful review....

but it is a useful review, its not my fault if others can't critically analyse the data they are presented with.

I will take gamer reviews over professionals every single time, and every time I'm happy and satisified with my choice. I can't even remember the last professional review I looked at.

A perfect example of your review is Vermintide 2, the game (imo) is very good, a solid 9/10, but the developer is kinda shit, fatshark has largely broken more things in that game then fixed over the years with patches and add ons. Those things you won't notice until your 1k+ hours into the game, rocking all legendary equipment and participating in the harder/est modes. At that point I hated the game, they went the wrong direction, pulled most of the fun out of it, and I understand why someone at those hours gets angry and f's off. Now verm 2 is relatively fixed, but I'm sure how you can see that even with such a say nothing review you actually have more information available, and frankly more useful information than IGN, ACG, or any others.

However, like everything this is subjective and not objective.

I will take gamer reviews over professionals every single time, and every time I'm happy and satisified with my choice. I can't even remember the last professional review I looked at.
pretty much, as there are not many real professional reviewers/journalists left.

Yep, unreal engine has a 5 percent revenue fee that us waived on the epic game store for sales made there.
95% of nothing is still nothing.
Reviews are subjective, whether from a "professional" or a hobbyist. I give more weight to a person who has spent hundreds of hours into a product than somebody who probably hadn't put more than 30 hours into one to meet a deadline or ride a hype train for clicks. The nuance and nitpicking of an autistic gamer will tell me far more than a general overview of the gameplay experience from someone who despises the very entertainment sector they're tasked with writing/talking about.

Reviews are subjective, whether from a "professional" or a hobbyist. I give more weight to a person who has spent hundreds of hours into a product than somebody who probably hadn't put more than 30 hours into one to meet a deadline or ride a hype train for clicks. The nuance and nitpicking of an autistic gamer will tell me far more than a general overview of the gameplay experience from someone who despises the very entertainment sector they're tasked with writing/talking about.

the person who puts hundreds of hours into a game has the same biases, they just don't have a website platform to post their reviews...

the person who puts hundreds of hours into a game has the same biases, they just don't have a website platform to post their reviews...
No, they don't. The person that plays a game for hundreds of hours has a completely different perspective than someone paid to play it for 30 hours and write a review.

No, they don't. The person that plays a game for hundreds of hours has a completely different perspective than someone paid to play it for 30 hours and write a review.

'hundreds of hours' was an exaggeration...the point was that the average gamer that plays it for 20-30 hours has biases as well...and even if someone does play a game for hundreds or thousands of hours does that make them impartial?

'hundreds of hours' was an exaggeration...the point was that the average gamer that plays it for 20-30 hours has biases as well...and even if someone does play a game for hundreds or thousands of hours does that make them impartial?
no one claimed it makes them impartial, but it does give them a deeper understanding of the game (and often more enjoyment from) than a professional journo who has to play through a set of games in a given amount of time to write an article for a deadline, who may work for a company that has corporate sponsors to appease.

Interesting presentation from August 2019 presented to evidence in Apple court case. At that time nearly all games with exclusivity deals were falling short of minimum guarantees, with expecting recoupment to Epic of only 40%. It also further illustrates the point of failing to convert free game downloaders into paying customers, as revenue generation hits a wall especially when compared to Steam.

https://app.box.com/s/6b9wmjvr582c95uzma1136exumk6p989/file/839618320097

Never underestimate the wrath of rabid gamers lol. I always refer back to steam when it was first released and the hate that it got since it was required for Half Life 2. Epic is simply another launcher among the many. Get used to it or simply install Galaxy 2.0

Never underestimate the wrath of rabid gamers lol. I always refer back to steam when it was first released and the hate that it got since it was required for Half Life 2. Epic is simply another launcher among the many. Get used to it or simply install Galaxy 2.0

Yep. Even before HL2 came out they made it so the only way you could play the latest version of the original Counter-Strike through Steam. There was a very vocal group of people that continued to play CS 1.3 or whatever the pre-steam version was and constantly complained on forums etc.

The anti-EGS crowd is nearly the exact same as the anti-Steam crowd was 15 years ago. And ironically the majority of the anti-EGS crowd love Steam now.

I boycotted Steam for almost 8 years because of that. I had owned HL for almost 5 years when they gated everything behind Steam.

The difference is that the EGS client in 2021 is basically the same as the Steam client, from 15 years ago.

I still strongly dislike the EGS exclusivity BS, but I admit I have purchased a few games from EGS at deep discounts.

I boycotted Steam for almost 8 years because of that. I had owned HL for almost 5 years when they gated everything behind Steam.

The way I see it we traded a dvd player for an internet connection.

I sure as hell wouldn't have the physical space for the games I have if we still had dvds. So that would just mean fewer games which is just not cool as I have played so many awesome games that I normally wouldn't have.

Should also note that I have physical media that I can not play due to DRM. I no longer have a disk player in my PC and rely on a external if I ever need to use a disk.

Last edited:
reminder: A Plague Tale: Innocence is the freebie game Aug 5th- Aug 12th...well worth a pickup!
I just played that on Games Pass a few weeks ago. Such an amazingly good and beautiful game and it was extremely fun. This is a game that should be in everyone's library.

The way I see it we traded a dvd player for an internet connection.

I sure as hell wouldn't have the physical space for the games I have if we still had dvds. So that would just mean fewer games which is just not cool as I have played so many awesome games that I normally wouldn't have.

Should also note that I have physical media that I can not play due to DRM. I no longer have a disk player in my PC and rely on a external if I ever need to use a disk.
We also traded consumer security for convenience. If Valve, EA, Epic etc. don't like something you did then they can take away your entire game library in a matter of seconds. You are also forced to play the latest version while with discs and manual patch downloads you could play an older version if the newest version did some changes to the game that you did not like.

We also traded consumer security for convenience. If Valve, EA, Epic etc. don't like something you did then they can take away your entire game library in a matter of seconds. You are also forced to play the latest version while with discs and manual patch downloads you could play an older version if the newest version did some changes to the game that you did not like.

Steam is getting better at this, due to dev and customer pressure. There are more and more games that let you roll back versions or play the newest beta test versions.

Back