Epic Games Store

Nobody cares. The EGS hate train is gone. Normal people are annoyed by the EGS hate spam. Stop spamming this crap.
I'm sorry that my response to another poster has annoyed you. I shall keep your feelings in mind the next time I respond to another person.

Before then, by crap you mean, my experience with said game store. And yes, you're correct. My experience with the EGS store was crap. So crap in fact that even the lure of a free game or two won't sway my opinion of how crappy it is.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that my response to another poster has annoyed you. I shall keep your feelings in mind the next time I respond to another person.

Before then, by crap you mean, my experience with said game store. And yes, you're correct. My experience with the EGS store was crap. So crap in fact that even the lure of a free game or two won't sway my opinion of how crappy it is.
microsoft/windows store is worse, so there is that.

microsoft/windows store is worse, so there is that.
I haven't used it in a while. I remember it being pretty bad also. I do remember being able to actually download the a game and store it on my Hard Drive though. So, they have one up on EGS, if that policy is still in place.

I haven't used it in a while. I remember it being pretty bad also. I do remember being able to actually download the a game and store it on my Hard Drive though. So, they have one up on EGS, if that policy is still in place.

My esg games are all locally stored, not sure what thats about.

Microsoft store creates two windows directories on each harddrive you install games on, protected from deletion without giving yourself special rights, then it often fails to update games without specifically telling it to, then it fails to update actually.

easy for it to drop your authentication and can be hard to log back in, and heaven forbid you have multiple pc's and want to use game pass across them. It'll do it, eventually.

I've had better experiences in surgery.

My esg games are all locally stored, not sure what thats about.

Microsoft store creates two windows directories on each harddrive you install games on, protected from deletion without giving yourself special rights, then it often fails to update games without specifically telling it to, then it fails to update actually.

easy for it to drop your authentication and can be hard to log back in, and heaven forbid you have multiple pc's and want to use game pass across them. It'll do it, eventually.

I've had better experiences in surgery.

The way MS Store handles data is absolutely retched. I can't stand the way it hides a games files in inaccessible folders. This made worse by the fact that i've more than once had trouble uninstalling games and have ended up with massive chunks of wasted SSD space that is a massive project to regain. Because I sub to gamepass and have no choice, I've got an SSD dedicated to only Windows Store installs. This is so that once a year or so, when it's littered with crap wasting space, I can just do a hard format and only lose Windows Store content. It's mind boggling that I should even have to do this, but it's the way it is. No gaming platform has ever been, or will ever be, worse than MS Store.

Once Epic does a better job with installs I have like 550 gigs of Epic games backed up on a HDD and the real installs on a 1tb SSD.

Still dont understand why epic doesn't put more effort in their store? They have $$ to do so and could easily make one of the betters stores if they actually put forth an effort. But they'd rather put more money in lawsuits and exclusives.

Still dont understand why epic doesn't put more effort in their store? They have $$ to do so and could easily make one of the betters stores if they actually put forth an effort. But they'd rather put more money in lawsuits and exclusives.
Its not bad its functional anyway it excludes user reviews which is a good thing for developers. I mean BL 3 designer cut got mostly negative reviews on Steam and its a good dlc.

Its not bad its functional anyway it excludes user reviews which is a good thing for developers. I mean BL 3 designer cut got mostly negative reviews on Steam and its a good dlc.
yea but we have no idea what Epic users think of the game, because they dont have reviews or forums. It could be getting the same bad reviews but we'll never know.

yea but we have no idea what Epic users think of the game, because they dont have reviews or forums. It could be getting the same bad reviews but we'll never know.
I think that was sort of his point. For a lot of developers, the "we'll never know" is a feature. When Steam introduced user reviews, it was a fantastic addition that heavily benefited users and (for good games) equally benefited developers. Today, I think it's a much less desirable feature, especially for the later. Not necessarily because games are bad or developers have things to hide, but rather because user reviews have evolved from a tool into a weapon. Games get review bombed over the dumbest shit. It's an ever growing challenge for review hosts to separate the genuine reviews from the pissed off mob reviews. It's an all around tricky situation. Letting review bombing happen pisses off the people putting games on your platform. Interfering will draw cries of censorship and piss of your users. Hard to blame Epic for just taking a neutral stance and not having them. They show results from third party review platforms, so you do have quick access to that information on the products page. Beyond that, all the reviews you could ever hope for a google search away. The information is still out there, and it's really pretty sensible for Epic to take their time implementing a feature like this until more sources in the industry have a common consensus on how to handle review bombing.

I do agree that Steam's forums are massively beneficial though. They are a fantastic resource for getting information about a game, troubleshooting, and engaging with developers (particularly on indie and early access titles). If I had to choose reviews or a per-game, in-app community forum, it would unquestionably be the later.

It's a bug for sure, usually its at 0% to 0.5% like the other launchers and only goes up when it's checking for game up dates occasionally. Something they did in the last update caused this, but since they are on vacation until January there will probably be no fix until then.

All the pc gaming platforms are just browsers (usually chromium based) in a different skin, so it's weird how it's affecting ryzen cpus so much more than intel.

It's a bug for sure, usually its at 0% to 0.5% like the other launchers and only goes up when it's checking for game up dates occasionally. Something they did in the last update caused this, but since they are on vacation until January there will probably be no fix until then.

All the pc gaming platforms are just browsers (usually chromium based) in a different skin, so it's weird how it's affecting ryzen cpus so much more than intel.
No Ryzen here, still getting 5% CPU usage on idle. Weird

EGS dev confirms its a bug that they are working on.

1WVrs5I.gif(source)

If you uinstall the Epic launcher rename the folder where your games are installed on another drive they won't be deleted.
I'm not sure if it's because I renamed the Epic games folder but it's good to know I don't have to back up my games on another drive.
Trying to do a all SATA SSD system and ditch my mechanical drives. Building a new PC later this week and I'm losing X2 sata ports so I'll only have 6 drives.

Finding install doesn't work still you gotta manually do it install the game and copy the folder.

With most launchers you can just yank the folder where your games are stored and toss them anywhere you like. As long as you sign in with the same account, it'll find the existing files and "verify" them without re-downloading the whole chabang. In particular with Epic, it bypasses the normal Windows installer. With the Epic store, you do a fresh install and tell it you want to download a game (like Mortal Shell). As soon as it starts downloading, pause it and close the launcher. Paste your existing games folder in the correct spot and then it'll see/verify your game without downloading any more.

Just found this video helped me alot I saw one in the past where you would copy the directory right into the existing folder this one just renames and deletes the download you just started. It worked flawless with Borderlands 3. I'm going to have a Solid state PC or try to after I ditch my x2 nosily 6TB HDD drives.
I might pick up a higher capacity SSD down the road I will have 6.5TB of SSD space but as you know will fill up quick.

Last edited:
The above method works like a charm for all games just did a new install of Windows I renamed the Epic folder to Epic2 when I formated C: drive just incase
it would take the installs with it with a format.

UBI sale going on but only for Gold editions unless its going to be updated later on.

Metro Last Light Redux free on Epic

I'm going to see if I can transfer my save file from my regular edition on Steam to the Epic version I don't think it will work but who knows.
Nevermind already own the Redux version on Steam.

Wow they are publishing games now I mean they kinda were buying everything they must really have faith in Remedy.

Upcoming Epic Games Store exclusives (that we know about)
GameNote
Chivalry 2One-year timed exclusive
Kena: Bridge of SpiritsTimed exclusive
Darkest Dungeon 2Exclusive until end of Early Access
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's LegacyOne-year timed exclusive
Solar AshTimed exclusive, as far as we know
The Eternal CylinderEpic Store exclusive "at launch"
Monkey BarrelsNo word on a Steam release
SaturnaliaNo word on a Steam release
Oddworld: SoulstormNo word on a Steam release
The Wolf Among Us 2No word on a Steam release
Jett: The Far ShoreNo word on a Steam release
Vampire: The Masquerade - SwansongBloodlines 2 won't be exclusive, though
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time RemakeAlso on the Ubisoft Store
Far Cry 6Also on the Ubisoft Store
Rainbow Six QuarantineAlso on the Ubisoft Store
The SettlersAlso on the Ubisoft Store
Riders RepublicAlso on the Ubisoft Store
Future Remedy game #1Epic Games is publishing
Future Remedy game #2Epic Games is publishing
Future Playdead gameEpic Games is publishing
Future genDesign gameEpic Games is publishing

Wow they are publishing games now I mean they kinda were buying everything they must really have faith in Remedy.
They are the whores of game developers getting into a different bed for each of their projects.

Sold Max Payne franchise to rockstar who ruined it
Sold Alan Wake to Microsoft so it became neutered and a timed exclusive on the original xbox
Sold Quantum Break exclusively on ms store on PC
Got in bed with 505 games who in turn made Control an EGS timed exclusive
Got in bed with MS again to make CrossfireX a shooter exclusive to XBOX consoles.
And finally Signed a publishing deal with EGS for future titles.

Those seem like mostly exclusive turds, and UBI games aren't exclusive if they are also on Uplay. Personally only one might have played is 'wolf among us 2', but can wait on that.

Last edited:
Those seem like mostly exclusive turds, and UBI games aren't exclusive if they are on also on Uplay. Personally only one might have played is 'wolf among us 2', but can wait on that.
Ja, nothing on that list that I have any interest in playing.

They are the whores of game developers getting into a different bed for each of their projects.

Sold Max Payne franchise to rockstar who ruined it
Sold Alan Wake to Microsoft so it became neutered and a timed exclusive on the original xbox
Sold Quantum Break exclusively on ms store on PC
Got in bed with 505 games who in turn made Control an EGS timed exclusive
Got in bed with MS again to make CrossfireX a shooter exclusive to XBOX consoles.
And finally Signed a publishing deal with EGS for future titles.

Are you saying you prefer the mega top down publisher/developer style of Ubisoft & EA Games? I prefer independent developers overall.

Epic has been publishing/funding/giving grants for a long time so this isn't new. They are actually one of the looser publishers in that developers can keep their IP. Most of the other major publishers don't get into such arrangements.

Are you saying you prefer the mega top down publisher/developer style of Ubisoft & EA Games? I prefer independent developers overall.
I really don't give a damn about the business model as long as it's not affecting the customer negatively. With Remedy it seems that they don't care about the user experience or even sticking to their own vision.
Remedy is a has been to me. So compared to that, goddamn right I prefer EA and Ubisoft. They made numerous games I liked much more than anything Remedy has produced since Max Payne2.

Epic has been publishing/funding/giving grants for a long time so this isn't new. They are actually one of the looser publishers in that developers can keep their IP. Most of the other major publishers don't get into such arrangements.
Well past experience shows that Remedy is not really interested in keeping their ips, or even realising their full potential.

I really don't give a damn about the business model as long as it's not affecting the customer negatively. With Remedy it seems that they don't care about the user experience or even sticking to their own vision.
Remedy is a has been to me. So compared to that, goddamn right I prefer EA and Ubisoft. They made numerous games I liked much more than anything Remedy has produced since Max Payne2.

What you're describing is being owned by a big publisher. They were owned by MS and practically begged them for a PC version of Alan Wake. It was negatively impacting them so much that they somehow were able to leave after Quantum Break. Microsoft was using games to help push their own technologies (MS store, Azure cloud for Crackdown 3) which is part of the reason MS can't make a good game. Remedy wasn't doing well under them.

This is no different to Ubisoft/EA using a dead IP's name to sell a different game, or running a series into the ground. The only difference here is that Remedy was lucky enough to survive intact.

Well past experience shows that Remedy is not really interested in keeping their ips, or even realising their full potential.

It seems like they are going to do a Control/Alan Wake cross over. So I don't think that is true. They're beholden to whatever past publisher owns their IP. Microsoft seems like they have zero plans for Alan Wake, or might get some royalty kick bad. Who knows. But this is part of the reason Epic's current IP stance is very alluring. Problem is, obviously, if Epic is a publisher they will probably cut fees down even further if you make your game exclusive to their client. So you'll likely see many games that are published by Epic as being exclusive because of that. I'm going to assume if you use UE4/5, EGS and are published by them fees/investment amounts will be even better.

Good news is, it looks like you can get a grant from Epic and still sell on Steam. Project Wingman did that and it even uses UE4.

Read more here.

Or maybe that has changed because that did happen before EGS took off...

Epic Store Sale coming later this week that'll include 40 percent off Star Wars: Squadrons and Snowrunner, 20 percent off Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Hades, and 10 percent off Cyberpunk 2077...

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Kingdom Hearts is coming to PC as an Epic Store exclusive

The Kingdom Hearts series, which began on the PlayStation 2 in 2002, is finally coming to PC-- coming exclusively to the Epic Games Store in March

The release, set for March 30th, includes the following games:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory
Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1359941547345739777

Kingdom Hearts is coming to PC as an Epic Store exclusive

The Kingdom Hearts series, which began on the PlayStation 2 in 2002, is finally coming to PC-- coming exclusively to the Epic Games Store in March

The release, set for March 30th, includes the following games:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory
Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1359941547345739777
Thanks Epic.

Rage 2 is free next week game is awesome I mean they had Avalanche's Just Cause 4 last year.

Back