Elden Ring (From Software RPG)

I'm surprised that all you get for pre-ordering SotE is a gesture. I would have expected at least one more trivial trinket or item.

There always are some real changes. Also, it's good marketing.
I want to believe there will be some changes that will benefit from an updated GPU driver (ray tracing performance improvements, ultrawide support, etc.), but I'm going to remain pessimistic that this is just marketing.

I use HDR. I launched the game for the first time in a long time and it ran in native 21:9 for a while until it finally switched over to HDR output and set itself to 16:9. I've never run any mods.
20240611193107_1.jpg

I'm surprised that all you get for pre-ordering SotE is a gesture. I would have expected at least one more trivial trinket or item.
I mean, FromSoftware has a whole brand identity that they don't pnder to the pre-order season-pass microtransaction pay-to-win deluxe-edition that is the full game without any removals etc.

Reactions: w35t
like this

I think pre-ordering is only worth it for a game you're 100% certain you're going to buy and From Software titles are the rare exception for me

as far as the pre-order gesture, you get the same gesture later in the game so it's not worth pre-ordering just to get that

Apparently, I haven't played Elden Ring in so long I've missed out that kick is no longer a common action. It was fun to kick the shield guys, but now it seems kick is a special action tied to specific gear. Meh.

Apparently, I haven't played Elden Ring in so long I've missed out that kick is no longer a common action. It was fun to kick the shield guys, but now it seems kick is a special action tied to specific gear. Meh.
It's a L1/LB special attack that is tied to certain weapons, I played the game early on and it was not a rare skill but it's not on two-handed or larger weapons by default. you CAN get it as an Ash of War and add it to any common weapon, though.

Elden Ring is getting a beefy content update with new inventory features and hairstyles alongside the Shadow of the Erdtree expansion

With the long-awaited Elden Ring expansion Shadow of the Erdree now less than a week away, From Software has announced a beefy new content update for the base game that will include bug fixes, balance changes, and a number of new features

Full details of the update haven't been revealed at this point but highlights include changes to the inventory that will mark newly-acquired items with a "!" and add a new tab for recently obtained items...summon pools have also been improved: Active summoning pools will carry over to New Game+, and individual summoning pools can be enabled or disabled in a new Map Functions menu

also five new hairstyles are coming to the game...

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/actio...longside-the-shadow-of-the-erdtree-expansion/
Still need a mod to fix the "body type" nonsense in the NA version, though.

FROM needs to nerf the silly 60 FPS cap and also support 21:9.

It’s utterly ridiculous that a developer of this pedigree can’t nail down the basics.

Probably others too. Spider-Man (pc) had pride flags on post offices and government buildings in the USA and western Europe, but in other regions they were American flags.
Are you serious! God damn, if that’s actually true… how in the name of god can anyone say this woke crap isn’t completely out of control.

Are you serious! God damn, if that’s actually true… how in the name of god can anyone say this woke crap isn’t completely out of control.
There is a mod called "Non-Newtonian New York" that switches the game to the Middle Eastern version, which ironically changes all the pride flags to USA flags.

Who the fuck cares? You people are so fucking exhausting with this nonsense. If you can’t handle media simply acknowledging that non-straight white, cis, people exist go live under a rock for the rest of your sad, miserable, life.

Who the fuck cares? You people are so fucking exhausting with this nonsense. If you can’t handle media simply acknowledging that non-straight white, cis, people exist go live under a rock for the rest of your sad, miserable, life.
It seems a lot of people do considering recent high profile failures like Forspoken and Saints Row, which both literally shut down the studios that made them. There are also rumors that Rocksteady is facing the axe after Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.

It seems a lot of people do considering recent high profile failures like Forspoken and Saints Row, which both literally shut down the studios that made them. There are also rumors that Rocksteady is facing the axe after Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
SS: kill the justice league failed not because any dei/pride stuff but because it was simply a bad game. Redfall sucked in a similar vein.

The United States of America is arguably the greatest democracy in the history of civilization - a country that has welcomed people from around the world with the promise of prosperity based on a strong work ethic, and the guarantee of liberty, the likes of which few nations have ever offered.

The national flag means something. Replacing it with any other flag… with the flag of Hamas, with the McDonalds flag, with the IKEA banner… is utterly tasteless and disgraceful.

It’s pathetic to accuse someone of bigotry because they’ve objected to the American flag being replaced by the pride flag - the objection of the replacement isn’t targeted specifically at the pride flag, but at any flag!

Do I seriously need to explain this?

BTW, you do realize why the developer would replace the pride flag with the American flag in the Middle East, right - it’s because, under Sharia, gays, transsexuals, transgenders, have no rights, and are sentenced to death if they reveal themselves or are found out.

The United States of America is arguably the greatest democracy in the history of civilization - a country that has welcomed people from around the world with the promise of prosperity based on a strong work ethic, and the guarantee of liberty, the likes of which few nations have ever offered.

The national flag means something. Replacing it with any other flag… with the flag of Hamas, with the McDonalds flag, with the IKEA banner… is utterly tasteless and disgraceful.

It’s pathetic to accuse someone of bigotry because they’ve objected to the American flag being replaced by the pride flag - the objection of the replacement isn’t targeted specifically at the pride flag, but at any flag!

Do I seriously need to explain this?

BTW, you do realize why the developer would replace the pride flag with the American flag in the Middle East, right - it’s because, under Sharia, gays, transsexuals, transgenders, have no rights, and are sentenced to death if they reveal themselves or are found out.
The USA is a constitutional republic, not a democracy.

The USA is a constitutional republic, not a democracy.
All the more reason to be proud of your flag and to object when people attempt to burn it or to replace it with their own flag.

Either way, it isn’t bigotry to object to the American flag being replaced by the pride flag.

fextralife posted a review, claiming one of the bosses in the DLC is the hardest FromSoftware boss, not sure if he is just hyping it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HguhYhN_4lw

I had a conversation in one of two emails wlike 15 years ago MTG artist Melissa Benson. She said Terese Nielsen's art was so Gaudy get the same mood from this game and the Souls engine. But I like both artists

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well what general build are you going for, what weapon/s are you using? I'm assuming you have those points in Mind for weapon skills?
Haven't really tried many weapons tbh. My endgame was mostly starscourge greatswords and rivers of blood. I've also been messing around with elenora's poleblade in co-op lately and having fun with it.

I wonder if bringing my vigor up to 60 is worth it for the DLC.

Any suggestions on what to spend 15 levels on? Gotta get rid of these runes before I lose them

you can easily re-spec once you defeat a certain boss so experiment with different builds and weapons until you find one you like...there is no one perfect build...I like playing STR characters so I build up my character like that...Bleed weapons were my favorite in Elden Ring as a lot of bosses were weak to bleed

Back