Dragon Age III: Inquisition announced!!!!

I really wish I had known to what extent they were taking this game. I didn't realize there would be this level of episodic content. Seems like it's too late to start from the beginning, it'd take me too long to catch up.

http://www.dragonage.com/en_US/news/the-descent

To long to catch up to what? It's not like your playing online where you risk getting a dead community by jumping in late.

To long to catch up to what? It's not like your playing online where you risk getting a dead community by jumping in late.

I'm a bit of a completionist... So these games usually take forever for me.

Better get started soon then.

I finished DA3 after doing damn near everything. When I was finished it felt like a complete was of time, the game has about 15 hours of content and 75 hours of filler :(

Better get started soon then.

I finished DA3 after doing damn near everything. When I was finished it felt like a complete was of time, the game has about 15 hours of content and 75 hours of filler :(

So, 90 hours for the base game, and there have been 3-4 expansions?

So, 90 hours for the base game, and there have been 3-4 expansions?

I havent played the expansions. I really liked the game, however once I finished the game, I was done with it forever :p

Last edited:

I hear ya... I just don't get why the time in which you just in is a factor? Unless their is another upcoming game you are more interested in, and you don't think you can get it all completed by then?

It's a wonderful game. I've taken a bit of a break from it since Witchers release, but there's no doubt I'll pick it back up again soon and finish it up. Like you, games like this take forever for me, but I've got no problems with walking away for a bit to enjoy something else and then coming back.

I havent played the expansions. I really liked the game, however once I finished the game, I was done with it forever :p

Haven't touched it either since I finished the main campaign. It took me about 70 hours, but in hindsight if I had rushed trough it in 15 I wouldn't have missed anything.

Thread convinced me to reinstall it again but after 2 hours of trying to get it to launch I've given up. Keeps telling me "game does not appear to be installed" even though I downloaded everything, installed the game, updated all files, installed redistributables manually, and tried just about every trick I could find on the net. Origin is terrible, I had others issues when I first installed it back in December and now this. I own a game that I can't play because everybody wants to have their own client to peddle their games on. Game was decent, tis a shame.

I had trouble getting it to patch recently, turns out it was because the "save game installers" path wasn't available.

As for the game itself, I burned out to bad. And how do you go back to it after Witcher 3? DA3 is ostensibly a party-based RPG which I've always prefered, but I never do anything with my party members, they're more like hangarounds that autoattack things.

I had trouble getting it to patch recently, turns out it was because the "save game installers" path wasn't available.

As for the game itself, I burned out to bad. And how do you go back to it after Witcher 3? DA3 is ostensibly a party-based RPG which I've always prefered, but I never do anything with my party members, they're more like hangarounds that autoattack things.

How did you resolve the "save game installer" path issue?

Always found it tedious to micro-manage a party on the battlefield, don't mind having them around and I agree with you, they seem pretty pointless and managing them doesn't have much impact.

How did you resolve the "save game installer" path issue?

Changed it to something valid under settings.

(This is probably not the problem here, but the symptom is that you'll get "Update queued" all the time, instead of a reasonable error message)

Any one know is there is a way to keep the Default Main Menu? kinda of annoying to see a download Decent now, when I already own it and it is installed lol

So how are the DLCs? Shelved this after playing through once and hearing the endings weren't that different.

Was going to reinstall this. Will Origin have kept my saves? Need to do anything special to retrieve them?

Near 100% chance they'll still be in your Documents folder, usually under game saves folder (I forget the exact name)

Complained too soon. Logged into the game and my saves were there. Whew.

Anyone know why Inquisition will only launch 1 out of every 10 tries with Windows 10? Screen pops up, then disappears. No process. When it does start, it starts minimized and I have to click and it maximizes.

Last edited:
Is $27.99 a good price for this? Am surprised to see it on sale on Origin today.

Complained too soon. Logged into the game and my saves were there. Whew.

Anyone know why Inquisition will only launch 1 out of every 10 tries with Windows 10? Screen pops up, then disappears. No process. When it does start, it starts minimized and I have to click and it maximizes.

I know the Razor Synapse crapware can interfere with DA:I. Does exactly what you described if you have it running you have to close it before starting the game.

I'd wait to buy it until the inevitable "game + all DLC" package if you're the least bit frugal. The last DLC is out, I'd expect such a package by year's end.

Yes, DA3 looks amazing and is silky smooth with the Frostbite Engine.

Until you play it, it's hard to convey the impressive feel of the game. It's way ahead in technical developements from other games.

I'm guessing the next Mass Effect will probably be running on something similar. For an open world game it looks and runs great. Maybe not Witcher 3, Unity, or GTA5 good...but it looks/runs better on normal hardware than those do.

I'm guessing the next Mass Effect will probably be running on something similar. For an open world game it looks and runs great. Maybe not Witcher 3, Unity, or GTA5 good...but it looks/runs better on normal hardware than those do.

Agreed. They really did a nice job on this game.

I enjoyed it but I finished it and wasn't even aware they added DLC. Probably should have been obvious it would but I wasn't really looking for it once I finished either.

I know the Razor Synapse crapware can interfere with DA:I. Does exactly what you described if you have it running you have to close it before starting the game.

No crapware running, just a clean install of 10.

172 Hours in this game for me and I'm not even halfway through, I keep remaking characters and trying out the different class specializations.

So I fired up the game today for the first time in a really long time. And I now have 2 new characters? These characters are level 1.

Account hacked? Or does the game just give you level 1 characters randomly if you buy all of the DLC packs?

I finally came back to this game after quite a long time.

I rushed to the end the last time I played it and found it interesting but unsatisfying. Part of the reason for this is that I missed so much for my companions.

Why did I rush, some of you may ask. Because I had a persistent DirectX fault that I could not fix. I'm hoping that the updates to both DA:I and my nvidia drivers and DirectX will result in a fix to this issue.

I played Knight Enchanter in my first playthrough. Going back to try Rift Mage this time.

Need to search for any mods to the tactical camera. Stupid thing is way too zoomed in to make it useful.

I've restarted the game 3 times now, and I've yet to get more than halfway through.

I played DA:O probably 30 times or more, and even DA2 got some replay but this one I cant even bring myself to get past the halfway mark.

Not sure if its because it feels too much like a grindy MMO at times or that the story just isnt doing it for me this time around. :(

Maybe I'll try again in a few months during some winter weekend when I'm snowed in.

It does look pretty though.

I've restarted the game 3 times now, and I've yet to get more than halfway through.

I played DA:O probably 30 times or more, and even DA2 got some replay but this one I cant even bring myself to get past the halfway mark.

Not sure if its because it feels too much like a grindy MMO at times or that the story just isnt doing it for me this time around. :(

Maybe I'll try again in a few months during some winter weekend when I'm snowed in.

You are like me and are trapped in MMO syndrome. I'm slowly teaching myself that not every mundane task has to be completed to fully enjoy a game. I think that the MMO scene has ruined games for years to come.

In short stop hunting bear asses and progress the story along. :D

Do what interests you only and skip the rest. :)

Back