Dragon Age III: Inquisition announced!!!!

Holy crap....that's an average of 6 hours per day since the game came out! :eek:

Yeah, lol, the first 11 days after release I was averaging 9hrs a day. Not exactly healthy!

The Xbox One version runs at 900p/30fps. The PS4 version runs at 1080p/30fps. In terms of detail settings, view distance, etc.
In terms of visual settings, they're both pretty close to medium details.
The PC version can run at over 4K, can display over 120fps depending on your hardware, can be controlled with any device you want (including either a PS or Xbox pad), can be modded, can have nearly instant load times with a SSD, etc.
On top of it, the PC version has even been prioritized for quicker patches and updates in this instance.
Consoles have their place if you don't have a gaming PC, but in this instance...I just don't see it.

Well said. Having put over 100 hrs in both versions (PS4 & PC), I can tell you the PC provides a noticeably smoother, sharper and better looking game even at high settings, let alone "Fade Touched". The PS4 textures look 'smudged' by comparison. The lighting and shadows are more accurate, and of course having 60fps or better is infinitely less headache inducing.

Hello fellow DA:I players,

I'm new to this forum and as this is the main game that I am playing I thought I would jump in here. I am playing the PC version of the game and so far I am absolutely loving this game. That is not to say that the game is perfect but it has been highly enjoyable so far. I started out using Keyboard Mouse. Like many here I was very frustrated with the game play using this control set up. It was with great reluctance that I gave in and bought a controller. There is no doubt that the controller makes for a better experience. What does surprise me is that it is still not a great experience. The controls for this game are probably the weakest aspect of the game. DA2 had a much more enjoyable game play experience.

As for my main character. I am playing a Human Tempest/Archer that happily thinks she is Andraste's main pet. She has unsurprisingly sided with the templars in this play through. Tempest is pretty fun but thousand cuts on three focus levels is simply OP. At this point I am crusing the Hissing Wastes. Getting close, I think, to completing my first play through.

BTW does this thread contain spoilers?

I fixed PC controls by swapping the Q with A and E with D.
Now its normal controls with camera view changed by holding right mouse button.

New patch is out. I'm 84 hours in and still not finished:

http://blog.bioware.com/2015/03/02/dragon-age-inquisition-patch-5-notes/

The upcoming Patch 5 for Dragon Age: Inquisition contains a number of improvements to gameplay and stability, as well as some new features. We’ve added party storage and the item tinter to the Undercroft at Skyhold and the ability to adjust the size of subtitles.

Below you will find a full list of changes and additions for all systems.

PC Specific: While we’ve added the ability to toggle mouse look, this feature is still under development and does not act optimally under all conditions. We are continuing to work on this feature to improve it for future releases.

Please note that the Black Emporium is not part of the patch 5 release. Thanks to the excellent feedback we received from the people in our beta program, we are continuing to work on this feature.

For patch notes in other languages, click here.

==============================
Dragon Age™: Inquisition 1.06
==============================
Fixed the walk toggle to be framerate independent.
Fixed an issue that allowed characters to take damage while using the Counterstrike ability.
Updated abilities to function correctly with front armor rating.
Fixed the Charging Bull ability so that AI-controlled characters no longer overshoot their target.
Removed the initial barrier that spellbinders receive when spawned.
Added an option to control the font size of subtitles.
Improved archer AI so that they choose to enter melee combat less often.
Fixed the save game card image for elf mages.
Removed the connection between mesh quality and shader quality and added a Shader Quality setting to the Graphics options.
Fixed an issue that caused certain operations to disappear from the war table without direct player interaction.
Fixed a crash after use of a Tactician’s Renewal amulet in Skyhold.
Fixed a conversation where Leliana references being with the Warden to face the Archdemon when she was set to have died in the imported Dragon Age Keep world state.
Fixed a case where movement audio was muted after a level transition.
Fixed a case where music unintentionally played after a level transition.
Fixed a loot exploit.
Fixed a case where the Quarry Quandry quest could be prevented from being completed.
Added party storage to the Undercroft in Skyhold.
Added item tinter to the Undercroft in Skyhold.
Fixed terrain patches popping while moving on low and medium settings.
Prevented a change to the Gamepad control scheme if a compatible gamepad is not connected.
Allowed changing the control scheme to Mouse + Keyboard when a compatible gamepad is not connected.
Temporarily change to the Mouse + Keyboard control scheme when a compatible gamepad is not connected, but Gamepad is the selected control scheme.
Improved stability.
Fixed the True Grit perk to apply to all party members.
Fixed flickering terrain when using SLI/Crossfire.
Fixed the issue where Qunari Inquisitors were able to equip the Inquisition Battlemage armor.
Single-player only: implemented auto-attack with mouse and keyboard controls, with a new key binding created for this purpose.
Fixed an exploit where certain abilities could be used multiple times before the cooldown was started.
Fixed an exploit with Explosive Shot where indirect hits were not causing the ability to cool down and reduce stamina.
Fixed cases of the new-item icon appearing on old items after salvaging in multiplayer.
Added an Option to increase the maximum zoom level when using the Tactical Camera.

This entry was posted in BioWare on March 2, 2015 by Conal Pierse.

Very cool - lots of improvements and fixes. Hopefully they either did or will eventually fix the issue with the Exalted Plains Lore Requisition quest. For some (most?) people you can't complete the quest. Once you turn everything in, it keeps starting over.

Some good fixes there, and I'll probably patch it tonight when I get home.

I got as far as Skyhold and gave up on it as the game was just putting me to sleep. :(

It just doesnt draw me in like DA:O did, not even close.

Neat.
I'm on my second play through now with a butt ugly Qunari woman who is as awkward as possible :p
Its a pita playing a melee character, I much prefer to leave them using AI. So she is a mage.
I got a serious case of withdrawal after finishing it.

how long will this game be for full price?
It has already been discounted twice on PSN store and also on PC Amazon store. I bought the deluxe edition for PC for 45 bucks (pre-order through EA Mexican proxy) and bought the Deluxe Edition on PS4 for 40 bucks on the sales.

how long will this game be for full price?

Between the Mexico pricing extravaganza and discounts already offered by GMG and Origin themselves, I'm not sure this game was ever really "Full Price" for very long.

It was $30 on Amazon when I bought it just before last Xmas. Not sure why it hasn't dropped to that again since.

So I must pay 15 € to do more fetch quest. Lemme think a second... No, I'll pass for now.

Nowhere close to finishing the base game, will see when after I finish it.

Their DLC approach is well know from Mass Effect 3.

1. Put out DLC.
2. Put out more DLC.
3. ...
4. Never mark down said the DLC.
5. Put put GOTY Edition (Game + all DLC) for no less than price of All DLC.
6. See 4.

Their DLC approach is well know from Mass Effect 3.

1. Put out DLC.
2. Put out more DLC.
3. ...
4. Never mark down said the DLC.
5. Put put GOTY Edition (Game + all DLC) for no less than price of All DLC.
6. See 4.

LOL, yup.

And the update breaks all mods. And to play the game you have to update once the update is posted. I'm going to have to torrent a game I bought just to be able to play it.

Fucking EA

And the update breaks all mods. And to play the game you have to update once the update is posted. I'm going to have to torrent a game I bought just to be able to play it.

Fucking EA

Wait so you modded the game, mods broke the game, and somehow this is EA's fault?

Wait so you modded the game, mods broke the game, and somehow this is EA's fault?

They completely rewrote how official patches are applied. They also along have encrypted all save files from the beginning.

There's zero reason to do either, other than to piss customers off.

New free DLC is on the Origin Store. :) The Dragonslayer one is 3GB at least. The Black Emporium completed so fast that I didn't get to look at the size.

Anyone done a second playthrough? See much of a difference?

First playthrough as a straight Male Qunari Warrio Champion. Secon playthrough as a Female Human Mage Knight Enchanter. Once picked templars, once mages. Game is COMPLETELY different.

So are you saying the game is completely different because:
1. Different characters with different story paths so not much from patch
or
2. The patch changes the game to make it completely different?

So are you saying the game is completely different because:
1. Different characters with different story paths so not much from patch
or
2. The patch changes the game to make it completely different?

The comment he replied to wasn't talking about the recent patch. To my knowledge the patches haven't really changed the storyline or anything.

Wow, killed 3 high dragons today and now going for fourth one. I am going to reach level 22 today. Started out at level 18 this weekend. AWESOME!

Knight Enchanter like self heal shit. Love it. LOL.

Back