• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dragon Age II

I'd disagree with this opinion. Dialogues do play important part.

You are to free hostage. You have options to force the fight, or ask for help a party member. Then Varrick tells a lie, that the boy taken hostage is lost son of Viscount, and if something will be done to the boy, Viscount will have revenge. No fight, everything solved.

Or a quest, where you exit cave after certain encounter with Merril and clan keeper, and you meet horde of angry elves. With your dialogue options you can either cause the fight and wipe the elves or solve it peacefully.


They also have influence of what party members think about you, and how they will choose during main story line.

Also decisions you pick in dialogue options, even in side quests will bite you in the ass in act 3 :)

The only thing that has bothered me about the dialogue choices and party reactions, is I will sometimes choose an option, or a path only to have some negative respect (I'll call it) from a party member when there was no indication that would happen.
 
The only thing that has bothered me about the dialogue choices and party reactions, is I will sometimes choose an option, or a path only to have some negative respect (I'll call it) from a party member when there was no indication that would happen.

I know what ya mean. How the hell did I get so high in Rivalry with Aveline ? My brother too ? wth ? lol
 
Generally in DAO the party members would obviously approve or disapprove of certain actions or dialogue options, often when you were in a party and you made a decision with a non-party NPC it was impossible to get +rep with all party members, all the goody-two-shoes frowned upon bad acts and all the more sinister characters frowned upon nice behaviour, so it was sort of balanced.
 
Generally in DAO the party members would obviously approve or disapprove of certain actions or dialogue options, often when you were in a party and you made a decision with a non-party NPC it was impossible to get +rep with all party members, all the goody-two-shoes frowned upon bad acts and all the more sinister characters frowned upon nice behaviour, so it was sort of balanced.

I found that you didn't really have a "bad" party member in DA2. And you couldn't really influence your party members in one direction or the other like in previous Bioware games. Also, I really hate the conversation wheel. I understand that people sometimes don't know the outcome of the things they are saying, but that's sort of the point. Character development and interaction in an RPG needs to have some uncertainty to it. You need to be able to understand your party and the things you are saying and doing on a level deeper than "top=nice guy, middle=neutral, bottom=asshole".
 
You don't need to have less than 50 gold for the quest to appear where the dwarf pays the fee for you. I had more than enough gold yet that quest was available to me and I took his offer so didn't need to pay a cent to go to the deep roads.
 
What I HATE about the party is how you can't change people's minds throughout the game.

Fenris for example, "OMG I HATE MAGES, they are EBUL!!!1" Even though the player is a mage and I've done nothing but help his sorry ass and do good things (many of which he agreed with) but still, mages are ebul!

In DA:O you can change characters through your actions and dialogue.
 
You don't need to have less than 50 gold for the quest to appear where the dwarf pays the fee for you. I had more than enough gold yet that quest was available to me and I took his offer so didn't need to pay a cent to go to the deep roads.

But you had to share the profits with him.
 
I know what ya mean. How the hell did I get so high in Rivalry with Aveline ? My brother too ? wth ? lol

Shoot, you only need to have a brother to find out how different two people from the same source can be lol
 
Ok, did anyone here follow the romance path with Aveline? The guide claims it's possible, and I bought the guide like a sucker. But all it says it to "be nice to her and not confrontational" during the romance quest, but each time I try it I get friend-zoned.

EDIT:

Quick google-fu proved me completely wrong. Goddamn. Thirty dollar guide I didn't really need.
 
Last edited:
Ok, did anyone here follow the romance path with Aveline? The guide claims it's possible, and I bought the guide like a sucker. But all it says it to "be nice to her and not confrontational" during the romance quest, but each time I try it I get friend-zoned.

EDIT:

Quick google-fu proved me completely wrong. Goddamn. Thirty dollar guide I didn't really need.

LOL you bought a print copy guide!?! The wiki is far more accurate and more up to date!
 
Ok, did anyone here follow the romance path with Aveline? The guide claims it's possible, and I bought the guide like a sucker. But all it says it to "be nice to her and not confrontational" during the romance quest, but each time I try it I get friend-zoned.

EDIT:

Quick google-fu proved me completely wrong. Goddamn. Thirty dollar guide I didn't really need.

The guide is really well put together.

There are some essential pages in there, such as the one detailing how the cross class combos work - the column box they created is damned simple to understand, and when leveling my character I looked at it every single time.

The section detailing character abilities doesn't cover every single ability - instead, it just cuts to the chase, and informs you what's essential, and what might be useful.

I also love the flow charts for each of the chapters. Also, each quest is highlighted and explained in its own box with all the relevant information, such as how you acquire the quest, what the results will be if you decide to do one thing or the other, tips for getting through the tougher fights, etc. etc.

The chapter on inventory is wildly detailed, and probably necessary for repeated playthroughs on higher difficulty settings with gimped parties. I can see myself wearing out the cover on this, easily. Whatever you do, though, do not read the party companion section! There are major, major spoilers in there. And I mean major! Yes, I peeked.
 
LOL you bought a print copy guide!?! The wiki is far more accurate and more up to date!

Nah, the guide is up to date, and was written by a person who was in constant communication with Bioware while they were making the game.
 
...

The plot is engaging, and I can't wait for the hands of the clock to move forward in the story. My character is progressing nicely and the sense of advancement is palpable....

Now they'll probably fuck up DA 3 on me.


If you think the plot of dragon age 2 is engaging... I don't know what to say to that other than we are living in different universes.


It's not that I think dragon age 2 is a bad game, it's not, it's just less than its predecessor in several areas. The scope of the game is so tiny and inconsequential. It plays more like a daily soap opera with the trivialities of city quests here and there as opposed to a more fleshed out and immersive story arc ala battlestar galactica or babylon 5.

It's not that the original dragon age story was that novel (a blight ?!? really? how many THOUSANDS of times has that been done?), but at least it was framed in a way that was a vast, epic, sprawling adventure sending you across the land.


Having the vast majority of the story in Kirkwall is flat out corner cutting, I am sorry it is. The story is flat. Imagine the VAST majority of Baldurs Gate II being set Athkatla...

That would have made that game as anti epic as dragon age 2. Instead, what did we have in my standard of standards of bioware rpgs?

You start out in a clueless state locked in a dungeon cage, spoken to by the mage Irenicus. His arrogance and anger flowing through David Warners voice acting. An attack occurs, you flee the dungeon fighting your way out through a twisted labyrinth until you reach the surface seeing that power mad mage Irenicus facing off against the attackers of his dungeon. He dispatches them ALL (the sense of power there was immense, not some fickle little nothing that has no build up) until the mage police come and subdue him by threats of their numbers (if not power). He gets them to take your companion with him and that sets the overarching stage for one SECTION of the epic plot, you need to find her, get money to pay for the trip and there is a series of things to do in the City and the surrounding area to achieve that goal. But that is barely a fraction of the total arc.


You reach the location of the Mage Jon Irenicus, and he traps you and locks you up, and there you find out his reasons for your capture, and he takes the one thing that made you special. He strips you of your divine soul, leaves you a husk of what you are, and you want revenge !!!!!!!!!

The next chase sends you to a VAST under world where civilizations like the evil drow reside, along with beholders and mine flayers and even Githyanki. You battle your way out of each of these strongholds of story until you reach the surface again and find Irenicus assaulting his elven home again, trying to drain the tree of life to gain divine power. You stop him, battle him, and you all die. But that is NOT the end.

You are all flung into one of the 9 HELLS and there you must end it all.


Do you SEE the difference in scope child?

Can you SEE the chasm of epicness?

If you cannot you are lost and cannot be helped, as your standards are so alien and beneath my own as to be hopeless to try and bridge an understanding.

dragon age 2 is a series of isolated episodes, not a vast overarching story arc, some are larger than others, but the whole thing feels light and fluffy and inconsequential.

Now maybe this was done for cost reasons, or maybe to better slice up the game to appeal to the console crowd who may tend to prefer smaller chunks, whatever. IT was done and it stinks.


It's fine if some people prefer beef jerky as their favorite meal, but can they please leave my steak alone ?!?

They turned my Steak that needed some tweaking into a series of strips of beef jerky, and I am left feeling less satisfied for it.
 
What I HATE about the party is how you can't change people's minds throughout the game.

Fenris for example, "OMG I HATE MAGES, they are EBUL!!!1" Even though the player is a mage and I've done nothing but help his sorry ass and do good things (many of which he agreed with) but still, mages are ebul!

In DA:O you can change characters through your actions and dialogue.

Fenris spent over 20 years as a slave to a mage. You're not going to change his mind after a few short years. He is willing to acknowledge that not all mages are bad, but that they need to be watched and contained. He doesn't say "all mages are evil" he believes as the templars do that they are dangerous to themselves and everyone else. The Tivinter empire is ruled by mages and their drive for power has made many of them turn to Blood magic and consorting with demons. Its something Fenris saw his entire like before going to the Free Marshes, it makes sense that he isn't going to change his beliefs just because of a couple good mages.

On the flip side you will never change Ander's mind either. No matter what you say or do he will always think the templars are evil and should be stopped. Because of Justice and because of his own personal vendetta.

The characters are fleshed out and have a history from before you even met them. They grow a little with you, but Bioware has made them seem much more "real" than in other games. Everything moves slowly, in real life people don't change their deep seated beliefs at the drop of a hat. You're not going to convince a devout Christian to turn to Wiccan, for example and despite what the movies tell us its unlikely you will ever convince a racist to change their minds. Thats just how the world works and thats how these characters work.
 
If you think the plot of dragon age 2 is engaging... I don't know what to say to that other than we are living in different universes.


It's not that I think dragon age 2 is a bad game, it's not, it's just less than its predecessor in several areas. The scope of the game is so tiny and inconsequential. It plays more like a daily soap opera with the trivialities of city quests here and there as opposed to a more fleshed out and immersive story arc ala battlestar galactica or babylon 5.

It's not that the original dragon age story was that novel (a blight ?!? really? how many THOUSANDS of times has that been done?), but at least it was framed in a way that was a vast, epic, sprawling adventure sending you across the land.


Having the vast majority of the story in Kirkwall is flat out corner cutting, I am sorry it is. The story is flat. Imagine the VAST majority of Baldurs Gate II being set Athkatla...

That would have made that game as anti epic as dragon age 2. Instead, what did we have in my standard of standards of bioware rpgs?

You start out in a clueless state locked in a dungeon cage, spoken to by the mage Irenicus. His arrogance and anger flowing through David Warners voice acting. An attack occurs, you flee the dungeon fighting your way out through a twisted labyrinth until you reach the surface seeing that power mad mage Irenicus facing off against the attackers of his dungeon. He dispatches them ALL (the sense of power there was immense, not some fickle little nothing that has no build up) until the mage police come and subdue him by threats of their numbers (if not power). He gets them to take your companion with him and that sets the overarching stage for one SECTION of the epic plot, you need to find her, get money to pay for the trip and there is a series of things to do in the City and the surrounding area to achieve that goal. But that is barely a fraction of the total arc.


You reach the location of the Mage Jon Irenicus, and he traps you and locks you up, and there you find out his reasons for your capture, and he takes the one thing that made you special. He strips you of your divine soul, leaves you a husk of what you are, and you want revenge !!!!!!!!!

The next chase sends you to a VAST under world where civilizations like the evil drow reside, along with beholders and mine flayers and even Githyanki. You battle your way out of each of these strongholds of story until you reach the surface again and find Irenicus assaulting his elven home again, trying to drain the tree of life to gain divine power. You stop him, battle him, and you all die. But that is NOT the end.

You are all flung into one of the 9 HELLS and there you must end it all.


Do you SEE the difference in scope child?

Can you SEE the chasm of epicness?

If you cannot you are lost and cannot be helped, as your standards are so alien and beneath my own as to be hopeless to try and bridge an understanding.

dragon age 2 is a series of isolated episodes, not a vast overarching story arc, some are larger than others, but the whole thing feels light and fluffy and inconsequential.

Now maybe this was done for cost reasons, or maybe to better slice up the game to appeal to the console crowd who may tend to prefer smaller chunks, whatever. IT was done and it stinks.


It's fine if some people prefer beef jerky as their favorite meal, but can they please leave my steak alone ?!?

They turned my Steak that needed some tweaking into a series of strips of beef jerky, and I am left feeling less satisfied for it.

I am sick and tired of dull epics. They're all the bloody same, they never change. Its the same damn story ever single time. Bioware has never changed how they tell a story until now. I'm so glad that DA2 isn't some god damn "epic adventure". I hated DAO's story and I hated the "oh you must save the world because it's your destiny" bullshit. DA2 is fresh and different and something you never see in RPGs. Yes limiting it to one city sucks, but it also lends itself to crafting a detailed world for the game and lends it self to actually showing the passage of time and the effects your actions have. Epic adventures are boring to me now. They're cheap stories done by hacks who don't know how to craft something real and exciting. Instead they take the quick and easy route.
 
Fenris spent over 20 years as a slave to a mage. You're not going to change his mind after a few short years. He is willing to acknowledge that not all mages are bad, but that they need to be watched and contained. He doesn't say "all mages are evil" he believes as the templars do that they are dangerous to themselves and everyone else. The Tivinter empire is ruled by mages and their drive for power has made many of them turn to Blood magic and consorting with demons. Its something Fenris saw his entire like before going to the Free Marshes, it makes sense that he isn't going to change his beliefs just because of a couple good mages.

On the flip side you will never change Ander's mind either. No matter what you say or do he will always think the templars are evil and should be stopped. Because of Justice and because of his own personal vendetta.

The characters are fleshed out and have a history from before you even met them. They grow a little with you, but Bioware has made them seem much more "real" than in other games. Everything moves slowly, in real life people don't change their deep seated beliefs at the drop of a hat. You're not going to convince a devout Christian to turn to Wiccan, for example and despite what the movies tell us its unlikely you will ever convince a racist to change their minds. Thats just how the world works and thats how these characters work.


The last is why I wish I could kill Carver, he is such a sniveling annoying brother all I wanted to do was end him.
 
I am sick and tired of dull epics. They're all the bloody same, they never change. Its the same damn story ever single time. Bioware has never changed how they tell a story until now. I'm so glad that DA2 isn't some god damn "epic adventure". I hated DAO's story and I hated the "oh you must save the world because it's your destiny" bullshit. DA2 is fresh and different and something you never see in RPGs. Yes limiting it to one city sucks, but it also lends itself to crafting a detailed world for the game and lends it self to actually showing the passage of time and the effects your actions have. Epic adventures are boring to me now. They're cheap stories done by hacks who don't know how to craft something real and exciting. Instead they take the quick and easy route.

Noted, you hate epics, why not play games that are not in that vein as opposed to changing franchises that are billed in that spirit?

Why?
 
Noted, you hate epics, why not play games that are not in that vein as opposed to changing franchises that are billed in that spirit?

Why?

Why are you so against developers trying something new within a franchise?
 
Why are you so against developers trying something new within a franchise?

if it results in a worse game, we're against it :cool:


btw, son, you're missing out on one essential aspect of this whole imbroglio. We all know the "destined to be savior of the world" storyline has been done to death, it's when it's done WELL, that makes EVERY BIT THE DIFFERENCE. No matter how many times it's been done, a well crafted RPG with that kind of storyline works WELL simply because it's all around well crafted and above average, the story line at that point isn't the primary focus, instead it supplements the overall experience and gives you a reason to soldier on.
 
if it results in a worse game, we're against it :cool:

The game itself isn't as good, the story is much much better. The only time I was remotely interested in DAO's main plot was towards the end when you had some big decisions to make.
 
I think quite a lot of people are mistaking 'lack of epicness' with 'weakly plotted'. There's just no drive to this story.

Granted, I haven't completed it yet, but I'm 15h in and as far as I can tell, I'm on some get-rich-quick quest with a couple of dwarves for no other reason than 'it's my life now'.
 
btw, son, you're missing out on one essential aspect of this whole imbroglio. We all know the "destined to be savior of the world" storyline has been done to death, it's when it's done WELL, that makes EVERY BIT THE DIFFERENCE. No matter how many times it's been done, a well crafted RPG with that kind of storyline works WELL simply because it's all around well crafted and above average, the story line at that point isn't the primary focus, instead it supplements the overall experience and gives you a reason to soldier on.

I'll give you that, but its usually not. DAO didn't do it well. Bioware rarely does it well. BG2 was excellent. Jade Empire was interesting. ME1 worked, but they just tossed every Sci-Fi clique they could at the wall to see what would stick and work. I think BG1 was good, but its been too many years since I've played through it that I honestly don't remember. NWN was pretty terrible, but thats excusable the game was designed around the idea of multiplayer and creating your own campaigns. Epic main plot lines are not Bioware's strength. Good writing, good dialog, and good characters are.

PS: I'm only talking about the story, not the game quality.
 
I think quite a lot of people are mistaking 'lack of epicness' with 'weakly plotted'. There's just no drive to this story.

Granted, I haven't completed it yet, but I'm 15h in and, as far as I can tell, I'm on some get-rich-quick quest with a couple of dwarves for no other reason than 'it's my life now'.

Thats just the first part of the story. It goes a lot more beyond that. Pay attention to the little details about whats going on in the city, it will come to fruition later and you will play a huge role in what happens.
 
Last general point, for now. Developers need to stop trying to have games be all things to all people.


This is an interesting article about one of the reactions of the devs to people dropping the original game barely after starting it:

http://www.destructoid.com/the-old-school-dragon-age-ii-and-its-influences-194234.phtml


Not the best written article, but here is a relevant snippet.

"Traditional weak points of the classic RPG are ... they're daunting. High barrier to entry. They're hard to get into," he says. BioWare's own player-tracking statistics tell a similar tale: a significant portion of Origins players had their own mystifying "other" moments, dropping the game after only an hour.

"They weren't even getting an Achievement," Laidlaw continues. The team was tempted to chalk those dropped players up to rentals, but the stats made it clear that people simply dropped the game.

Those stats had a dramatic effect on Laidlaw and his team, prompting them to totally re-evaluate how Dragon Age II fits into the auspices of classic role playing. "So our goal with 2, I think, is to strip away a lot of that barrier to entry to let you ease into the game," says Laidlaw."





I think this is a case of too much information. Had they had the same advanced statistics about baldurs gate 2 I wonder if there would have been the same if not more people who dropped it cold after less than an hour, because it was not a ZOMG shoot shoot kill kill die die shooter or a diablo style hack and slash.


But you know what? That is OK. A game does not need to be all things to all people, Mass Effect knew this, it has a more shooter style and that works well as its own entity.

I think they became obsessed with trying to get people with the attention spans of fruit flies to stick with the game, and it shows. It's perfectly fine to beef up warriors and rogues, and nerf mages, that was totally legitimate. But what if say, the person dropped dragon age origins because they did not want so much dialogue?

The proper response is not, omfg, we need to capture that crowd !!! The proper response is, with respect, @#$% them, there are games for that, this is not one of them, don't let the door hit you on the way out.


There is a price to be paid for the changes to dragon age 2. You pleased a small number of people who were less enthused with dragon age origins, and you alienated perhaps even more who PREFERRED that style to begin with.

Net? looks like a loser/loss move to me. Lesson? Stop trying to please everyone. And if it's the wabewalkers of the world you are catering to, fine, keep the series on that path, just know it will no longer be an obvious purchase from me going forward. Consequences.



http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Or...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1


http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-2-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1



Incidentally, this newest release did better with console buyers, and MUCH worse with pc buyers.

Lovely. A pc focused game declines precisely to sate console tastes. Poison.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why are you so against developers trying something new within a franchise?

Let them try something new, if it works they can be praised, if it does not let them take heat.

Why are you against developers facing any consequences from the changes they made?
 
*very minor side quest spoiler*

But you had to share the profits with him.
When exactly ? Later on in the game he comes to your house and demands money but I just killed him and that was the end of that. Or does the money you loot from the deep roads automatically get cut in half ? I don't ever remember giving him gold.
 
Let them try something new, if it works they can be praised, if it does not let them take heat.

Why are you against developers facing any consequences from the changes they made?

I'm not saying anything about ignoring the other problems with the game, but I'm defending their decision to go a different route with telling the story. No its not perfect, but its the first time in a long time I've actually been invested enough in a Bioware main plot to stop and consider the effect of may choices and not just pick one based on some arbitrary decision. I sure didn't in DAO. I just picked whatever option sounded the best at the time without caring much. In ME1 and 2 I just picked whichever option is Paragon or Renegade depending on the character I'm playing. In DA2 I stopped to consider both sides of a number of issues and at the last choice of the game I stopped and thought about it for a couple minutes. Its something I just don't do often in games.
 
I think quite a lot of people are mistaking 'lack of epicness' with 'weakly plotted'. There's just no drive to this story.

Granted, I haven't completed it yet, but I'm 15h in and as far as I can tell, I'm on some get-rich-quick quest with a couple of dwarves for no other reason than 'it's my life now'.

That is probably right, it's not just lack of epicness, the entire plot is just so muted compared to my standard of baldurs gate 2.


Part is the characters maybe, and part is the plot.

Shale was better than any of the characters in dragon age 2. He just was. More interesting back story (granted, kind of easy due to what it was), and more interesting to listen to chime in, it was like a muted HK-47.

Allistair was likeable unlike Carver who I wanted to strap in chains.

Where is the minsc? The Edwin Odeiseron? bleh
 
I'm not saying anything about ignoring the other problems with the game, but I'm defending their decision to go a different route with telling the story. No its not perfect, but its the first time in a long time I've actually been invested enough in a Bioware main plot to stop and consider the effect of may choices and not just pick one based on some arbitrary decision. I sure didn't in DAO. I just picked whatever option sounded the best at the time without caring much. In ME1 and 2 I just picked whichever option is Paragon or Renegade depending on the character I'm playing. In DA2 I stopped to consider both sides of a number of issues and at the last choice of the game I stopped and thought about it for a couple minutes. Its something I just don't do often in games.

I'm with you on this one, Derangel.

What I'm seeing in DA2 is professional storytelling - structuring the story as three distinct chapters, and time shifting the plot so that gamers will see a changing city, and changing relationships, is a standard method of creating plot, which was altogether missing in Origins.

Origins had no structure. There was very little change, and therefore very little drama. What is drama? I've said it a thousand times. Drama = Change. Origins was stupid. I can sum the plot up in one sentence. There's a blight occurring, and you must build an army. It's like it was written so that a 15-year-old could easily digest it.

DA2, on the other had, engages you every step of the way. It invites you into the city and puts your character in the center of change.

A huge turn on, really.

I just hope that Bioware doesn't return to simplicity, or stupidity, for DA3, though they likely will.
 
Every game Bioware makes is farther and farther from Balder's gate, the best game in the series.
 
Seriously that game came out 10 years ago. Move the fuck on already.

not sure why this comment, since bioware is that one that the DA series thier spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate, but i suppose EA and Console money grab changes that
 
Just completed the game, took 36 hours at a standard pace completing 99% of the side quests along the way. Enjoyed it mostly, and definitely enjoyed the gameplay more than the original. Of course many things could have been done better, such as the repeating environments, but those were more due to EA rushing the game and less about Bioware's dedication to the game's development. I could of course see how the more hardcore RPG players wouldn't like some of the changes to the gameplay.

I'll be replaying it sometime in the future to try out other classes, but for now I've got a growing backlog I gotta work on, having a 360+ps3+gaming pc.
 
No, an e-guide. And I saw that wiki, it was as un-helpful as fudge.

I bought the collector's edition hardback, and it's a beautifully published book. I almost don't want to use it it's so nice.

This publisher is now using a glossy paper, with a nice coating, which I really like, but to contain all the information (and there's a ton of it), they've decreased the font size, which I certainly don't approve of. The result is that I have to use my big magnifying glass to read it.

The thing is, when I start flipping back and forth - when one piece of information makes me think of another thing I need to look up - then I know I'm onto a winner. The New Vegas collector's edition is also really well done.
 
Seriously that game came out 10 years ago. Move the fuck on already.

I'm sure you don't like anything older than a year or two, then?

Must make finding women hard :eek:

There are plenty of examples of works which hold up after a significant amount of time and which people still praise and seek to imitate today. In the realm of cRPGs it's hard to deny BG2 a place amongst that type of work.
 
Seriously that game came out 10 years ago. Move the fuck on already.

C'mon now buddy, we know that Baldur's Gate 2 was a milestone in gaming, a great experience shared by many, memorable in many aspects, and definitely one of the defining moments in PC gaming.

Show a little more respect for it than that man. It's literally a game that defined what an RPG experience should be like on the PC platform, it's definitely been one of the standards for a very long time.

I should be mad at reading your post, but instead, I just feel more than a little sad about how great games of yesteryear are accorded a lack of respect by the young whippersnappers around these days. Without games like Baldur's Gate 2, we'd all be playing Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon on the PC today.
 
Back
Top