• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dragon Age II

Disagree completely. It's the gameplay that's drawing me in.

I think the combat and stuff is still good, but they still should have focused on it a bit more as well as focused on increasing the area variety and game length. The game looks nice, but good looks can't disguise the game's other problems.

Oh yes and most of the quests kinda suck, especially the glut of fetch quests.
 
The plot / environment in this game is pretty shitty.

Wowee same town (and the same fucking cave that just ends up flipped / mirrored occasionally) for the entire game that involves me helping douchebags wipe their ass and bitch about UGGHGH BLOOD MAGES ARE FUCKING US AGAIN. Aww sweet time to wander to the next arrow and explode a couple dozen guys who decided to throw their lives away because they apparently haven't heard that me and my band have been through this routine 15 times before and have no qualms about cleaving them in half and then talking shit on how much thugs suck and how much we enjoy murdering them.


The combat is kinda fun but the strategy aspect is basically out the window save for a single digit amount of fights. Healers? Don't need them. Dedicated tank? Nah, not really either. Just run in circles like a moron with whoever has agro and get your health potion sip on. You can beat the entire game like this with relative ease. My party basically just turned the entire battlefield into a 30 foot circle of hellfire and electricity over and over and over.

I don't give a fuck about Hawke. My brother was a prick who seemingly disagreed with every single thing I did and ~*spoiler*~ had a stronger dislike to me trying to help our own mother more than me fucking some random dude in a whorehouse while the party sat outside and listened to the bed bang the wall ~*/spoiler* The opening of Origins where I'm fucking around with my parents and dog had more character development than this entire game so far.


Nothing that interesting ever seems to happen and I find it hard to give a shit about anyone really. Basically it's an alright game that could have been great, but it's not.
 
The plot / environment in this game is pretty shitty.

Wowee same town (and the same fucking cave that just ends up flipped / mirrored occasionally) for the entire game that involves me helping douchebags wipe their ass and bitch about UGGHGH BLOOD MAGES ARE FUCKING US AGAIN. Aww sweet time to wander to the next arrow and explode a couple dozen guys who decided to throw their lives away because they apparently haven't heard that me and my band have been through this routine 15 times before and have no qualms about cleaving them in half and then talking shit on how much thugs suck and how much we enjoy murdering them.


The combat is kinda fun but the strategy aspect is basically out the window save for a single digit amount of fights. Healers? Don't need them. Dedicated tank? Nah, not really either. Just run in circles like a moron with whoever has agro and get your health potion sip on. You can beat the entire game like this with relative ease. My party basically just turned the entire battlefield into a 30 foot circle of hellfire and electricity over and over and over.

I don't give a fuck about Hawke. My brother was a prick who seemingly disagreed with every single thing I did and ~*spoiler*~ had a stronger dislike to me trying to help our own mother more than me fucking some random dude in a whorehouse while the party sat outside and listened to the bed bang the wall ~*/spoiler* The opening of Origins where I'm fucking around with my parents and dog had more character development than this entire game so far.


Nothing that interesting ever seems to happen and I find it hard to give a shit about anyone really. Basically it's an alright game that could have been great, but it's not.

No character development? Really? Have you been paying attention or in your "not giving a shit" did you just skip past everything important? The character's develop naturally. There is no "ZOMG! Character development!" moment for any of them and there is no "hey just because you're the main character I'm going to change my personality" moment either. Everyone has their own beliefs and history well plotted out and well ingrained into them long before you meet them. Like you'd get from real people its given out slowly as its important. Their deep seated beliefs don't change and they don't change their likes and dislikes. People like Anders and Fenris have deep seated hatred for specific groups of people and there is no way in hell a single person is going to change it especially when they are surrounded by examples of the things they hate. The same goes for all of the characters. Proper character development is a subtle thing, not something that beats you in the face over and over again with it. As for not caring about Hawke thats kind of your own fault. You are supposed to develop the character during the story and edge Hawke toward how you want him or her to act. If you don't care about Hawke then you're not putting any effort into the choices you are making or the things you are doing. You are just cheesing your way through the game and killing the experience for yourself.
 
The combat is kinda fun but the strategy aspect is basically out the window save for a single digit amount of fights. Healers? Don't need them. Dedicated tank? Nah, not really either. Just run in circles like a moron with whoever has agro and get your health potion sip on. You can beat the entire game like this with relative ease. My party basically just turned the entire battlefield into a 30 foot circle of hellfire and electricity over and over and over.
Turn up the difficulty then ... the strategy you suggest wouldn't work on anything other than normal.
 
My brother was a prick who seemingly disagreed with every single thing I did and ~*spoiler*~ had a stronger dislike to me trying to help our own mother more than me fucking some random dude in a whorehouse while the party sat outside and listened to the bed bang the wall ~*/spoiler* The opening of Origins where I'm fucking around with my parents and dog had more character development than this entire game so far.

You clearly are an only child. I thought BioWare hit it perfectly there. It's sibling rivalry at its best. I swear I could save my "real" brother’s life and he would still find something wrong with the way I did it.
 
The characters are much deeper in this game, which adds a lot of difficulty to the interactions. I've had to accept that there's probably no way to get Fenris to become friends with my mage character- we just disagree too much and no matter how much headway I make with him he always slides back to Rivalry as I help out other mages.

I also think it's very cool how the sibling rivalry with Carver is handled. I do think he's a whiny jerk and I'm looking forward to my next playthrough where he won't be around.
 
The characters are much deeper in this game, which adds a lot of difficulty to the interactions. I've had to accept that there's probably no way to get Fenris to become friends with my mage character- we just disagree too much and no matter how much headway I make with him he always slides back to Rivalry as I help out other mages.

I also think it's very cool how the sibling rivalry with Carver is handled. I do think he's a whiny jerk and I'm looking forward to my next playthrough where he won't be around.
I was discussing the mages with a friend...with all the danger they pose and unexpected demon possessing, I dont see how anyone would think that they should be set free to do as they will. The only thing that I have a problem with is that the templars in this town are pretty big assholes.
 
If they'd kept the graphics largely the same, and spent more time on the gameplay....I'd have been happier.

Can't disagree with the sentiment but Bioware would've been lambasted if the graphics stayed the same. People were already starting to break out torches and pitchforks until they heard higher resolution textures were available for download.

Unfortunately for RPGs in general, there is a very vocal segment that will pan a game because of some perceived lack in graphics no matter how good the game itself is, and some of the complaints are overly nitpicky in my opinion (lack of AA with HDR in Oblivion, no AA in Bioshock etc.)
 
I was discussing the mages with a friend...with all the danger they pose and unexpected demon possessing, I dont see how anyone would think that they should be set free to do as they will. The only thing that I have a problem with is that the templars in this town are pretty big assholes.

Most of the templars are total asshats. As far as Mages go, I think that Bloodmages should be kept under very close watch.Not a Bloodmage then no problem. In my first run through as a warrior after Anders pulled his crap... I killed him.
 
I was really enjoying the game at the beginning. I am now in act three and I feel the game has become monotonous. Going to the same area for the fiftieth time really starts to wear on a person. Bioware really screwed the pooch on reusing areas so much and has made me gone from really liking the game to think now its just ehhh. I had over 200 hours in the original, but I do not think I will be replaying this one after I complete it.
 
The characters are much deeper in this game, which adds a lot of difficulty to the interactions. I've had to accept that there's probably no way to get Fenris to become friends with my mage character- we just disagree too much and no matter how much headway I make with him he always slides back to Rivalry as I help out other mages.

I also think it's very cool how the sibling rivalry with Carver is handled. I do think he's a whiny jerk and I'm looking forward to my next playthrough where he won't be around.

I think the characters themselves are fine. I rather enjoy the writing, voice acting and interparty banter. My biggest problem is the interaction with the characters: the fucking dialog wheel. Whoever invented that infernal thing should be sent to a special hell where he has to pack shopping carts for crotchety old women for all eternity. It removes all thought and all interpretation from conversations and cuts out so much of what I used to like in a Bioware RPG: trying to figure out what to say in a bad situation. The removal of persuasion skills was also a big mistake in my opinion.
 
I was on the bubble with this game until last night. Ran into a 100% recycled dungeon and it completely killed the last little bit of hope I had for this game. I uninstalled it and erased all saves/profiles.
 
Bring Carver, Varric and Isabella in your party together, and they will both make so much fun from the younger bro, that you start to have pity on that brat.

But... removal of persuasion skills are substituted with usage of your companions. They do it for you.
 

Even Mass Effect had persuasion options (the renegade paragon dialog), so it tells me it was an issue of time and scope of the game.

/mild spoiler.. not really but some are retentive.

There was a section as you are fighting through packs of attackers you encounter a few grey wardens, after the enemies are dead you see if they can help but they say no.

To paraphrase their words, there were more pressing matters than the assault on the city...

No fucking kidding. I wanted to go off with them, not be stuck in this tiny, unimaginative, daily Hawke Soap Opera.
 
Some of the comments seem to suggest that some of you are playing on Normal, which was created for people who want to forget about their party members. You're really supposed to be playing this on the Hard setting.

I mean, you can play it however you want to, obviously, but I'm skeptical that people can get through these battles easily on Hard.

Unlike in Origins, on Hard, there are no truly easy fights. If I drift mentally, I might even lose a battle or two. In Origins, because I could chug potions, and spam the heal spell, I cruised the entire way through. In Origins I just didn't need to strategize.

Which is why I'm saying that it's the gameplay that's drawing me in. Every battle, on Hard... and I mean every battle... requires me to pay attention.
 
Some of the comments seem to suggest that some of you are playing on Normal, which was created for people who want to forget about their party members. You're really supposed to be playing this on the Hard setting.

That you can turn up the difficulty and have the game get harder, and require more attention, isn't exactly some kind of innovation.

Not everyone wants to drag out the already tedious combat with wave after wave of morons or the twenty minutes to whittle down the ridiculous 200000 hit point bosses, and make it even longer and more tedious.
 
Anyone fight the revenants, beacon and gifr yet. They are a pain on hard. I had to take a break yesterday because it got so annoying. Maybe I will try again today.
 
Some of the comments seem to suggest that some of you are playing on Normal, which was created for people who want to forget about their party members. You're really supposed to be playing this on the Hard setting.

I mean, you can play it however you want to, obviously, but I'm skeptical that people can get through these battles easily on Hard.

Unlike in Origins, on Hard, there are no truly easy fights. If I drift mentally, I might even lose a battle or two. In Origins, because I could chug potions, and spam the heal spell, I cruised the entire way through. In Origins I just didn't need to strategize.

Which is why I'm saying that it's the gameplay that's drawing me in. Every battle, on Hard... and I mean every battle... requires me to pay attention
.

First, what class is your main character? Same for the rest of you, state your main character and then your general satisfaction with gameplay.


Second, I bolded that section because I wanted to make a point, hard for hards sake is not enough to make something satisfying and enjoyable.

This affects me more I think because of the class I played, a mage in both. The interactions of my spells and the world in the original felt much more potent, too potent to be truthful, but this time I feel like a god damn cripple.

I specced into the force tree heavily, nice abilities, and yet it seems many demons are incredibly resistant to the effects in the force tree. That makes it harder AND less satisfying.

The ancient golem fight, one of the harder ones, once you get the movement down it is just tedious, took well over 30 minutes, that is not hard fun it is hard annoying.



Carefully mopping up a series of enemies and collecting them into a ball is satisfying, you planned and did your job, oh wait, now another "set" insta ports in random locations around you, a tactical mess. Fuck all your planning. That feature alone makes controlling enemies a constant ice pick to the eye because no matter what you do it will reset and scatter more enemies around you. Not fun. NOT.

But maybe I am alone, or maybe you just don't play mages.
 
Last edited:
Anyone fight the revenants, beacon and gifr yet. They are a pain on hard. I had to take a break yesterday because it got so annoying. Maybe I will try again today.

They are mages like mages used to be in dragon age origins, they are annoying and insanely powerful, with a teleport... be nice to have that power, isn't it great when they port to stay alive and drop a genki dama on your party killing all the weaklings and shredding the rest?

Such fun to deal with.
 
/mild spoiler.. not really but some are retentive.

There was a section as you are fighting through packs of attackers you encounter a few grey wardens, after the enemies are dead you see if they can help but they say no.

To paraphrase their words, there were more pressing matters than the assault on the city...

No fucking kidding. I wanted to go off with them, not be stuck in this tiny, unimaginative, daily Hawke Soap Opera.

LOL I just finished this part, and I had the SAME thought! I even considered each dialog option twice as carefully to see if I could actually go somewhere and have a cool quest.
 
First, what class is your main character? Same for the rest of you, state your main character and then your general satisfaction with gameplay.


Second, I bolded that section because I wanted to make a point, hard for hards sake is not enough to make something satisfying and enjoyable.

This affects me more I think because of the class I played, a mage in both. The interactions of my spells and the world in the original felt much more potent, too potent to be truthful, but this time I feel like a god damn cripple.

I specced into the force tree heavily, nice abilities, and yet it seems many demons are incredibly resistant to the effects in the force tree. That makes it harder AND less satisfying.

The ancient golem fight, one of the harder ones, once you get the movement down it is just tedious, took well over 30 minutes, that is not hard fun it is hard annoying.



Carefully mopping up a series of enemies and collecting them into a ball is satisfying, you planned and did your job, oh wait, now another "set" insta ports in random locations around you, a tactical mess. Fuck all your planning. That feature alone makes controlling enemies a constant ice pick to the eye because no matter what you do it will reset and scatter more enemies around you. Not fun. NOT.

But maybe I am alone, or maybe you just don't play mages.

The few fights that are beyond the beyonds tough are only tough because the NPCs are nearly invincible. You have to resort to cheese tactics - running around for example.

Personally, I'm not I interested. So for those battles I turn the difficulty all the way down. Now the other battles - the vast majority of them - are tactical, and on hard you're going to have to get your cross class combos working for you.

For me, it's fun. I don't think it matters what your main character is, as long as your party is balanced.
 
Using the Ward of Repulsion on choke points is fun - just watch the enemies run to it and bounce off.

I agree with the statements that having enemies magically appear after you clear a group is lame. The game is about tactics, but you end up being surrounded after setting up and clearing a group.
 
You clearly are an only child. I thought BioWare hit it perfectly there. It's sibling rivalry at its best. I swear I could save my "real" brother’s life and he would still find something wrong with the way I did it.

except no.

if you are a mage and you don't take him on the trip to the deep roads he will literally join the templars just to spite you. he is a fucking dick. your sister on the other hand isn't retarded and thinks its a good idea to help solve family problems like living in a dangerous poverty zone that i paint the streets with blood on a daily basis and she is an infinite better character.

the game is designed story wise to plant the seed in your head that you're totally out to save the world blah blah so on and so forth. too bad there's basically zero focus whatsoever save for solving random incompetent assholes problems because you "NEED EXPERIENCE." you're not really moving forward with purpose, just wandering to the five thousand arrows your journal has marked.

you don't check anything in combat before setting up and going in. you just go in and shit on 30 dudes in a cramped hallway while more magically poof out of thin area. it's not hard, it's not interesting, and it's dumb once you blow your cooldowns. literally every fight as a mage involves me just turning the entire battlefield into an electric firestorm and luring everything into it while the game showers me with numbers. you pretty much became nothing more than a dude in a big city who occasionally struts around turning people into shimmering piles of goo and gold.


i played a mage.
i played both games.
the rock boss was probably the most fun part of the game.


the quinari or whatever get pissed off for some moronic reason, the end result is a 1v1 fight that boils down to you spamming spells and running in circles while your spells come back. then some more moronic shit happens and no matter what you do, shit hits the fan because UGHGHH TEMPLARS UGHGH MAGES.

the plot is just not interesting or well developed.
 
except no.

if you are a mage and you don't take him on the trip to the deep roads he will literally join the templars just to spite you. he is a fucking dick. your sister on the other hand isn't retarded and thinks its a good idea to help solve family problems like living in a dangerous poverty zone that i paint the streets with blood on a daily basis and she is an infinite better character.

the game is designed story wise to plant the seed in your head that you're totally out to save the world blah blah so on and so forth. too bad there's basically zero focus whatsoever save for solving random incompetent assholes problems because you "NEED EXPERIENCE." you're not really moving forward with purpose, just wandering to the five thousand arrows your journal has marked.

you don't check anything in combat before setting up and going in. you just go in and shit on 30 dudes in a cramped hallway while more magically poof out of thin area. it's not hard, it's not interesting, and it's dumb once you blow your cooldowns. literally every fight as a mage involves me just turning the entire battlefield into an electric firestorm and luring everything into it while the game showers me with numbers. you pretty much became nothing more than a dude in a big city who occasionally struts around turning people into shimmering piles of goo and gold.


i played a mage.
i played both games.
the rock boss was probably the most fun part of the game.


the quinari or whatever get pissed off for some moronic reason, the end result is a 1v1 fight that boils down to you spamming spells and running in circles while your spells come back. then some more moronic shit happens and no matter what you do, shit hits the fan because UGHGHH TEMPLARS UGHGH MAGES.
the plot is just not interesting or well developed.

I bolded the part I wanted to respond to, your overall post was excellent. I remember that happening in the arena in the original Dragon Age, all 1 vs 1 fights really aren't that fun because all you do is just wait for your cooldowns to clear so you can use your skills again cause regular attacks do jack diddly. That's a serious criticism, but thankfully, events like that were very few. Even so, they coulda made the 1 vs 1 duels more memorable by giving you full access to your abilities, then stripping you of them afterwards for a story related reason (I.E. giving you some sort of equipment or talisman of power that granted you that kind of access, then having it removed afterwards).

Just a thought.
 
Sounds like every other RPG. Mages running around as they wait for cooldowns/mana recuperation in order to make their next hit unless you've been stocking too much on the mana pots. Devs must have a sense of humor torturing people like this.


question... is DA2 less dependent upon pots than the original?
 
Sounds like every other RPG. Mages running around as they wait for cooldowns/mana recuperation in order to make their next hit. Devs must have a sense of humor torturing people like this.

Cool down seems to be a hard thing for developers to manage. The old school D&D style doesn't really work well with games either though.
 
Sounds like every other RPG. Mages running around as they wait for cooldowns/mana recuperation in order to make their next hit unless you've been stocking too much on the mana pots. Devs must have a sense of humor torturing people like this.


question... is DA2 less dependent upon pots than the original?

Pots?

Do you mean health potions? If that's what you mean, then the answer is yes. The cool down meter has been greatly extended. In tough battles, you can consume one potion per character. If you desperately need another it's likely you'll be dead before the meter runs through.

I still haven't acquired a group heal spell, and in some of the tougher battles, in which my party members have already consumed their health potions, I've had to decide which character to save with my one heal spell. (I usually heal my tank, although it sometimes makes more sense to heal the main DPSer, as to finish the fight as quickly as possible.)

In the 'easier' battles, I just let my party members go down, because so far, health potions are few and far between, and it makes more sense to preserve them. I can't count the number of engagements I've participated in in which only my tank was standing at the end. How often did that happen to me in Origins - um, never.

It's funny because much has been made of the combat animations, and the recycled environments, and the fact that your character is no longer moot... I mean, a mute... but actually the biggest and best change to this game, and the one that most profoundly alters the manner in which players must play it, is the extension of the cool down meter.

That one change has been more significant than any other.
 
Cool down seems to be a hard thing for developers to manage. The old school D&D style doesn't really work well with games either though.

yeah, I really hated resorting to slingshots and saving even magic missiles for bigger fights. ... cause you never know if the next corner will be harder without a chance to rest.
 
Cool down seems to be a hard thing for developers to manage. The old school D&D style doesn't really work well with games either though.

Old school D&D works fine for me. I prefer it to the DA/Diablo style mana pool/potions.

You simply design encounters to require a full complement of spells ( you typically will have more spells, but you need to rest to get them back).

I don't know what got in Bioware since EA took them over that they think a fun battle is one against bosses with 200000 HPs that take half an hour to whittle down.
 
Pots?

Do you mean health potions? If that's what you mean, then the answer is yes. The cool down meter has been greatly extended. In tough battles, you can consume one potion per character. If you desperately need another it's likely you'll be dead before the meter runs through.

I still haven't acquired a group heal spell, and in some of the tougher battles, in which my party members have already consumed their health potions, I've had to decide which character to save with my one heal spell. (I usually heal my tank, although it sometimes makes more sense to heal the main DPSer, as to finish the fight as quickly as possible.)

In the 'easier' battles, I just let my party members go down, because so far, health potions are few and far between, and it makes more sense to preserve them. I can't count the number of engagements I've participated in in which only my tank was standing at the end. How often did that happen to me in Origins - um, never.

It's funny because much has been made of the combat animations, and the recycled environments, and the fact that your character is no longer moot... I mean, a mute... but actually the biggest and best change to this game, and the one that most profoundly alters the manner in which players must play it, is the extension of the cool down meter.

That one change has been more significant than any other.

That's good to know. Not a fan of pot guzzling (a la Diablo 2). Longer cooldowns on the spells as well?
 
Sounds like every other RPG. Mages running around as they wait for cooldowns/mana recuperation in order to make their next hit unless you've been stocking too much on the mana pots. Devs must have a sense of humor torturing people like this.


question... is DA2 less dependent upon pots than the original?

I'm referring more to the implementation of the cooldowns, they are so long that it's a losing proposition to sit there and slug it out in a 1 vs 1 fight, especially in the arena early on, the Glory Provings, when you don't have access to your cool skills. Overall it gets balanced out later on because you'll have a group, but for 1 vs 1 fights, it blows.
 
Old school D&D works fine for me. I prefer it to the DA/Diablo style mana pool/potions.

You simply design encounters to require a full complement of spells ( you typically will have more spells, but you need to rest to get them back).

I don't know what got in Bioware since EA took them over that they think a fun battle is one against bosses with 200000 HPs that take half an hour to whittle down.

Its rather poor game design though. You shouldn't have to artificially limit the players that way. 2nd Edition D&D was poorly suited to video games. BG2 is one of the best RPGs in spite of its problems and the poor rule set that was used. For table top gaming the spell limit works great and adds a lot of tension and strategy to any encounter and a good DM will design a game and the encounters around the strengths and weakness of each class involved in the party. A single player linear game simply can't do that, every encounter has to be balanced so any class combination can theoretically win, that greatly damages the strengths of a rule set designed for table top play.

The issue with difficulty isn't a new one. Bioware has never been good at scaling difficulty or even designing a good difficulty curve within a single setting.
 
Its rather poor game design though. You shouldn't have to artificially limit the players that way. 2nd Edition D&D was poorly suited to video games. BG2 is one of the best RPGs in spite of its problems and the poor rule set that was used. For table top gaming the spell limit works great and adds a lot of tension and strategy to any encounter and a good DM will design a game and the encounters around the strengths and weakness of each class involved in the party. A single player linear game simply can't do that, every encounter has to be balanced so any class combination can theoretically win, that greatly damages the strengths of a rule set designed for table top play.

The issue with difficulty isn't a new one. Bioware has never been good at scaling difficulty or even designing a good difficulty curve within a single setting.

that's a common criticism I heard about Awakening, how it was entirely too easy and unchallenging.

I saw that a little in Origins as well, that Broodmother fight was hellacious to get through unless you used mage cheese to wizbang through it.
 
A single player linear game simply can't do that, every encounter has to be balanced so any class combination can theoretically win, that greatly damages the strengths of a rule set designed for table top play.

Where do you get that idea?

DA:O was no better balanced for "any class combination" than D&D was. If anything DA:O was much more imbalanced in favor of spell casters and ridiculously so. The more spellcasters the easier it was.

DA:2 rebalances that a bit, but that is still largely the case. They toned down the spellcasters a bit and turned the Warrior/Rogue into Marvel super heroes... It is more like fantasy action game now, like God of War.

RIP western RPG genre.
 
Where do you get that idea?

DA:O was no better balanced for "any class combination" than D&D was. If anything DA:O was much more imbalanced in favor of spell casters and ridiculously so. The more spellcasters the easier it was.

DA:2 rebalances that a bit, but that is still largely the case. They toned down the spellcasters a bit and turned the Warrior/Rogue into Marvel super heroes... It is more like fantasy action game now, like God of War.

RIP western RPG genre.

That would be part of the reason I said that developers have issues with cool downs at the start of the conversation.
 
except no.

if you are a mage and you don't take him on the trip to the deep roads he will literally join the templars just to spite you. he is a fucking dick. your sister on the other hand isn't retarded and thinks its a good idea to help solve family problems like living in a dangerous poverty zone that i paint the streets with blood on a daily basis and she is an infinite better character.

I do have to admit, the character seems a bit whiney. I'm less inclined to play as a mage for not wanting to deal with him...or if I do go mage

*SPOILER*

take him into the deep roads with me and just leave him die

*SPOILER*

Alistair was entertaining and funny. Carver from the very first time he opens his mouth is a pain in the ass. "We're running from darkspawn, so it'd be cool to argue over whose fault this is!"

I was about to say this is the char I hate the most in any BIoware game as of late....then I remembered Jack in ME2....she's worse. I should engineer a ME2 game where she doesn't make it...haha!
 
that's a common criticism I heard about Awakening, how it was entirely too easy and unchallenging.

I saw that a little in Origins as well, that Broodmother fight was hellacious to get through unless you used mage cheese to wizbang through it.

That was one of the easiest fights in the game... You just sat your characters in one spot and made sure all of them had range (bow for nonmages) and hit the tentacles then the other spawns then just range her. Even if you didn't do that it was one of the easier fights I had in the game. The worst fights for me were the orc mage + spider combo fights. They'd stop one of my characters from healing and keep freezing/jumping on my other characters from the spiders.
 
Back
Top