• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dragon Age II

I like people who complain about $60 games and then mention Blizzard. They've had $60 PC games longer than anyone else.

Difference is, their games ARE worth $60, hell at $60 they are an absolute bargain.

Would you say that $60 for 6 hours of Bioshock 2 is a bargain?
 
Difference is, their games ARE worth $60, hell at $60 they are an absolute bargain.

Would you say that $60 for 6 hours of Bioshock 2 is a bargain?

I'd say $10 is too much for Bioshock 2. But I've gotten more time out of my under $50 purchase of DA2 then I have WoW or SC2.
 
I'd say $10 is too much for Bioshock 2. But I've gotten more time out of my under $50 purchase of DA2 then I have WoW or SC2.

Delightful, we agree on something. Now, let's move on.

Dragon Age: Origins vs Dragon Age 2, what makes DA 2 worth the $10 premium over the first game?

Why is DA 2 worth buying or not buying?

How is it any better than the first game?

Does it improve over the original in any significant ways?

Is the overall experience better or worse than the original?

Does it feel dumbed down or like features you liked from the original are left out?

To contrast that, what does the sequel do better than the original?

Simple questions really.

Probably last but not least.

Is this a worthy sequel?
 
Delightful, we agree on something. Now, let's move on.

Dragon Age: Origins vs Dragon Age 2, what makes DA 2 worth the $10 premium over the first game?

Why is DA 2 worth buying or not buying?

How is it any better than the first game?

Does it improve over the original in any significant ways?

Is the overall experience better or worse than the original?

Does it feel dumbed down or like features you liked from the original are left out?

To contrast that, what does the sequel do better than the original?

Simple questions really.

Probably last but not least.

Is this a worthy sequel?

Here's a simple question. Why are you still here?
 
Delightful, we agree on something. Now, let's move on.

Dragon Age: Origins vs Dragon Age 2, what makes DA 2 worth the $10 premium over the first game?

Why is DA 2 worth buying or not buying?

How is it any better than the first game?

Does it improve over the original in any significant ways?

Is the overall experience better or worse than the original?

Does it feel dumbed down or like features you liked from the original are left out?

To contrast that, what does the sequel do better than the original?

Simple questions really.

Probably last but not least.

Is this a worthy sequel?

I paid $60 for DAO because I bought the DDE. Heck technically I paid $73 for it since I bought the UE for $13 to get the expansion and DLC. Now do I think DA2 is worth $60? no probably not. Then again I can't name many games I think that are worth $50, much less $60. However its the price PC games to be in the future.

Its a fun game and despite being rushed it still has many of the things that make Bioware games good. It has problems and is not my favorite Bioware game. I bought it for two reasons one its a Bioware game and that name still hold weight with me and two because its something to review.

The graphics are improved over the original, it sheds the stupid and cliche ridden main plot of the original game, they take a different approach to telling a story. There is no boring "save the world" plot and instead focuses on something that really interests me political intrigue and the inner workings of a society and its people.

The game feels rushed and thats something that is worse than the original. The game isn't as varied, its shorter, there are much fewer places to visit. The UI sucks.

Yes and no. The inventory system does feel dumbed down, but more along the line of taking simplification and streamlining to the wrong level. The dialog system is very much dumbed down. I will never like the dialog wheel as much as I do normal dialog trees. The one area that doesn't feel dumbed down is the combat. It feels and works exactly the same as DAO. The difficulty curve sucks, but its a problem with Bioware games usually.

Answered above, the story pacing and set up.

I don't know. I haven't beaten the game yet and its hard to say. I don't think the game is as good as DAO and that is normal for a sequel. Though I think over all it really shouldn't have been pushed as a sequel, it really isn't. The game does not feel like a sequel to DAO. It feels like a side-story, something to fill out the world and create another set of characters to reference later. So I guess the simple answer is: No.
 
I paid $60 for DAO because I bought the DDE. Heck technically I paid $73 for it since I bought the UE for $13 to get the expansion and DLC. Now do I think DA2 is worth $60? no probably not. Then again I can't name many games I think that are worth $50, much less $60. However its the price PC games to be in the future.

Its a fun game and despite being rushed it still has many of the things that make Bioware games good. It has problems and is not my favorite Bioware game. I bought it for two reasons one its a Bioware game and that name still hold weight with me and two because its something to review.

The graphics are improved over the original, it sheds the stupid and cliche ridden main plot of the original game, they take a different approach to telling a story. There is no boring "save the world" plot and instead focuses on something that really interests me political intrigue and the inner workings of a society and its people.

The game feels rushed and thats something that is worse than the original. The game isn't as varied, its shorter, there are much fewer places to visit. The UI sucks.

Yes and no. The inventory system does feel dumbed down, but more along the line of taking simplification and streamlining to the wrong level. The dialog system is very much dumbed down. I will never like the dialog wheel as much as I do normal dialog trees. The one area that doesn't feel dumbed down is the combat. It feels and works exactly the same as DAO. The difficulty curve sucks, but its a problem with Bioware games usually.

Answered above, the story pacing and set up.

I don't know. I haven't beaten the game yet and its hard to say. I don't think the game is as good as DAO and that is normal for a sequel. Though I think over all it really shouldn't have been pushed as a sequel, it really isn't. The game does not feel like a sequel to DAO. It feels like a side-story, something to fill out the world and create another set of characters to reference later. So I guess the simple answer is: No.

Now, knowing what you know now, would you have paid what you did for the game Day 1, or would you have rather waited for a sale on it?

I mean, there's no good reason to buy most games Day 1 other than "gotta have it" when a good sale will come out a month or 2 after it's release and you can buy it much cheaper and get it a few patches later. Ultimate Editions give you the base game and all the DLC's.

Umm, I bought L4D2 for $29.95 2 weeks after it launched by being patient. That price point feels kinda right simply because it is not as good as the first game.

I feel like this game would be perfect @ $30 for the reasons you stated, it feels more like an expansion than a true sequel, and should be priced accordingly. No way is it worth $60.

You do not need to pay $60 for a game, you simply do not, there are alternatives to that, and I do not include pirating because I do not pirate games. Simply waiting will get you the game cheaper, not buying at all sends a stronger message.

Another anecdote, the Guitar Hero franchise crashed and burned recently because of the sheer glut of Guitar Hero games on the market and the studio behind it got cut down with layoffs.

I wish the same thing would happen to developers and publishers who don't try to put out good games and instead simply bank on weak willed gamers to put them into the black.

That's simply all I am saying, I'd rather PC reclaim it's rightful throne at the top when it comes to your overall gaming experience.

It should be leagues better than any experience you can get on consoles, instead the last few years, PC gaming has been marginalized and as PC gamers, we are ALLOWING that to happen by voting with our wallet and supporting this new direction.

I'd love to see cutting edge PC optimized games that take advantage of everything the PC platform has to offer, from superior graphics, superior hardware, superior sound, superior resolutions, online gameplay, EVERYTHING.

Remember when PC games would come with a big ass manual that felt like less of a gaming manual and more of something like you'd need to read to enter medical school?

Well, I miss that, I miss fold out maps for RPG's that you'd get that you could frame on your wall and have a detailed guide to the universe in the RPG you were playing.

I miss friggin epic journeys that made you totally forget about everything else while you were playing.

Those days feel further and further in the rearview mirror thanks to everyone who votes with their wallet to turn those memories into the moldering corpses of the past.
 
Now, knowing what you know now, would you have paid what you did for the game Day 1, or would you have rather waited for a sale on it?

I mean, there's no good reason to buy most games Day 1 other than "gotta have it" when a good sale will come out a month or 2 after it's release and you can buy it much cheaper and get it a few patches later. Ultimate Editions give you the base game and all the DLC's.

Umm, I bought L4D2 for $29.95 2 weeks after it launched by being patient. That price point feels kinda right simply because it is not as good as the first game.

I feel like this game would be perfect @ $30 for the reasons you stated, it feels more like an expansion than a true sequel, and should be priced accordingly. No way is it worth $60.

You do not need to pay $60 for a game, you simply do not, there are alternatives to that, and I do not include pirating because I do not pirate games. Simply waiting will get you the game cheaper, not buying at all sends a stronger message.

Another anecdote, the Guitar Hero franchise crashed and burned recently because of the sheer glut of Guitar Hero games on the market and the studio behind it got cut down with layoffs.

I wish the same thing would happen to developers and publishers who don't try to put out good games and instead simply bank on weak willed gamers to put them into the black.

That's simply all I am saying, I'd rather PC reclaim it's rightful throne at the top when it comes to your overall gaming experience.

It should be leagues better than any experience you can get on consoles, instead the last few years, PC gaming has been marginalized and as PC gamers, we are ALLOWING that to happen by voting with our wallet and supporting this new direction.

I'd love to see cutting edge PC optimized games that take advantage of everything the PC platform has to offer, from superior graphics, superior hardware, superior sound, superior resolutions, online gameplay, EVERYTHING.

Remember when PC games would come with a big ass manual that felt like less of a gaming manual and more of something like you'd need to read to enter medical school?

Well, I miss that, I miss fold out maps for RPG's that you'd get that you could frame on your wall and have a detailed guide to the universe in the RPG you were playing.

I miss friggin epic journeys that made you totally forget about everything else while you were playing.

Those days feel further and further in the rearview mirror thanks to everyone who votes with their wallet to turn those memories into the moldering corpses of the past.

No I probably would not have bought it day 1.
 
No I probably would not have bought it day 1.

I'm glad you're honest with yourself, I just wish more of the unwashed masses reached your self realization through some honest reflection, but most cannot be bothered with it. Maybe if enough people did that, developers and publishers would take notice because their sales would drop off sharply, and at some point, blaming piracy fails to work because it's a zero sum solution. No sales means they have to adapt or go out of business, either one is a win for consumers, since if they go OOB, then someone else will step up to fill the void.

I've been playing games since I was 5 years old, and that's some 23 years ago that I started. I have just seen a steady decline in the quality of games, it makes me ill.

I'd like nothing more than to see a bunch of AAA titles that actually DELIVER released for my favorite platform, PC, every single year.

The problem is, most games haven't delivered lately. I am hoping that the new Elder Scrolls game at the end of the year bucks that trend. That is one game I am absolutely looking forward to. Even after it launches I will likely wait to read user reviews and professional reviews, and then see what launch bugs exist before making a purchase.
 
most blizz games were launched @ $60, there have been several threads on this already, use the search function, sir.

Yes, I should totally search for something I don't care about that much - as I already said, I have no use for blizz games. And no, I'm not going to search. A forum isn't an encyclopedial; people who chant to search the forum rather than just get a direct answer infuriate me.

I'm glad you're honest with yourself, I just wish more of the unwashed masses reached your self realization through some honest reflection, but most cannot be bothered with it. Maybe if enough people did that, developers and publishers would take notice because their sales would drop off sharply, and at some point, blaming piracy fails to work because it's a zero sum solution. No sales means they have to adapt or go out of business, either one is a win for consumers, since if they go OOB, then someone else will step up to fill the void.

I've been playing games since I was 5 years old, and that's some 23 years ago that I started. I have just seen a steady decline in the quality of games, it makes me ill.

I'd like nothing more than to see a bunch of AAA titles that actually DELIVER released for my favorite platform, PC, every single year.

The problem is, most games haven't delivered lately. I am hoping that the new Elder Scrolls game at the end of the year bucks that trend. That is one game I am absolutely looking forward to. Even after it launches I will likely wait to read user reviews and professional reviews, and then see what launch bugs exist before making a purchase.

Zyngia and the like are killing your precious gaming.
 
You're crazy.

Sorry, but I never liked Starcraft - certainly not online; I'm more a fan of C&C, AOE, SOASE, Homeworld....Warcraft just bored me. Esp 3. I hated the story in Warcraft 3.

WoW? Sure, I can waste time in it...not that great though. Diablo is the only one I've never played.

It's all personal taste; I'm not crazy for having my own opinions and tastes. Go force your opinions on someone else.
 
Sup guise let's show how you increase DA2 metacritic score in a few easy steps.

First, you must be a Bioware employee:

BEZOe.png


Original discussion:

http://www.reddit.com/comments/g3td7/dragon_age_2_conspiracy_highest_rated_metacritic/
 
It's all personal taste; I'm not crazy for having my own opinions and tastes. Go force your opinions on someone else.

Then perhaps you shouldn't make the obviously inflammatory statement, "Blizz games aren't worth $60". You should state that you don't think they are worth $60, although most people will still disagree with you.
 
Then perhaps you shouldn't make the obviously inflammatory statement, "Blizz games aren't worth $60". You should state that you don't think they are worth $60, although most people will still disagree with you.

Uhh, I made a statement. That statement is subjective, meaning - it's my own. It's my opinion. It's redundant to state "in my opinion"....jesus christ some people...


As for the Bioware employee: conflict of interest. Also, how do you get from being an L2 Dell support tech to working at Bioware?! I hope Bioware/EA comes down hard on him - not acceptable.
 
Last edited:
I payed $28 for the game 3 days after launch just by surfing ebay. Yes it EA Downloader but I havent had a problem. I will buy it on steam when it has the ultimate edition on sale.
 
Snip brilliant DA2 Metacritic-Gate post

Nice find, that does not surprise me in the least. See folks, if your game is good enough to stand on it's own merits, then you don't need to buy off critics or have your employees review hype it to the high heavens.
 
As for the Bioware employee: conflict of interest. Also, how do you get from being an L2 Dell support tech to working at Bioware?! I hope Bioware/EA comes down hard on him - not acceptable.

If it gets more notice I'm sure they'll do something. Still I highly doubt he's the first person to ever do that, nor the last. I wouldn't be surprised if he was encouraged to do it.
 
Nice found, that does not surprise me in the least. See folks, if your game is good enough to stand on it's own merits, then you don't need to buy off critics or have your employees review hype it to the high heavens.

Good game or not this happens. Eidos tried to buy off reviews of Batman: AA by offering early reviews to those who gave good scores. Ubisoft did it for Assassin's Creed. Konami did it with MGS4. PR people are morons and will do everything for good reviews, even if its just good user reviews.
 
Funny thing is none of those games needed it, except maybe Assassin's Creed, which was sadly, repetitive.

I have however found Brotherhood and 2 to be most excellent games, although Brotherhood was not quite as good as part 2, but I of course bought both games on sale.

Batman: AA and MGS 4 certainly didn't need reviews to be bought, those games were damn good on their own. I however do not rate MGS4 that highly, I still think the original MGS is the best game in the series.
 
Consumers are also to blame for buying the game.

Wait a minute - which game?

Dragon Age 2? I bought it, and just had one of the most enjoyable weekends of gaming I've had in ages. I can't believe how many battles I've engaged in, playing on Hard, where, at the end of the battle, I had just two party members standing - sometimes just one! The battles are outrageously fun.

Even the minor boss battles feel epic. Cross class combos are vital, meaning that you really have to put some planning into how you level up your party. Don't even talk to me about the characters and the plot - I'm in heaven. That silly 'build an army' plot from the original game was child's play in comparison with this. This game smacks Origins on the head with its own dagger and sends it crying like a baby back home.

But enough about that. This is turning into an extremely boring conversation. I'd rather talk about the game itself.

Okay, I've just discovered that if you don't have the 50 gold to join the expedition that you have to complete 50 percent of the act one quests, at which time a letter will be delivered to your writing desk. Dougal will front the money for you in exchange for a share of your share of the profits. Long story short. You do this only if you want to move quickly through chapter one, or if you spend all your money in the shops on weaponry and armor.

Hoo boy, glad I found that out. No way am I sharing my share of the profits.
 
If it gets more notice I'm sure they'll do something. Still I highly doubt he's the first person to ever do that, nor the last. I wouldn't be surprised if he was encouraged to do it.

Of course not. I know I'm not allowed to do that for my company. I can't even touch wikipedia articles.

Wait a minute - which game?

Dragon Age 2? I bought it, and just had one of the most enjoyable weekends of gaming I've had in ages. I can't believe how many battles I've engaged in, playing on Hard, where, at the end of the battle, I had just two party members standing - sometimes just one! The battles are outrageously fun.

Even the minor boss battles feel epic. Cross class combos are vital, meaning that you really have to put some planning into how you level up your party. Don't even talk to me about the characters and the plot - I'm in heaven. That silly 'build an army' plot from the original game was child's play in comparison with this. This game smacks Origins on the head with its own dagger and sends it crying like a baby back home.

But enough about that. This is turning into an extremely boring conversation. I'd rather talk about the game itself.

Okay, I've just discovered that if you don't have the 50 gold to join the expedition that you have to complete 50 percent of the act one quests, at which time a letter will be delivered to your writing desk. Dougal will front the money for you in exchange for a share of your share of the profits. Long story short. You do this only if you want to move quickly through chapter one, or if you spend all your money in the shops on weaponry and armor.

Hoo boy, glad I found that out. No way am I sharing my share of the profits.

How dare you enjoy a game you bought.

Wait, I got that wrong. How dare you buy a game you enjoy.

Wait...I still got that wrong.

How dare you...oh, I quit.
 
I paid my own way into the expedition and I think I had about 40ish gold left after. I've played most of act 1 with an item that makes enemies drop more money though, maybe that's actually made some difference.

minor spoiler wrt the expedition:

Secondly, there's totally a forced event wrt to which people go on the expedition. Hate it. Reeks of 'Predestination' bullshit. It wouldn't be as bad if your party was larger, but now you're basically forced into ONE SINGLE configuration if you want a particular outcome.

I'm sure the designers are patting themselves on the back, thinking they've found a way to force players into 'hard decisions'.
 
If it gets more notice I'm sure they'll do something. Still I highly doubt he's the first person to ever do that, nor the last. I wouldn't be surprised if he was encouraged to do it.

I'm in a somewhat similar position and I've been encouraged from above to rate and review some of our products, say for example on the apple appstore.

I don't actually do it because a) don't care, b) slimey and c) did I mention not caring?

I'd be VERY surprised if Bioware had a policy forbidding this sort of thing. More likely there's just nothing written/spoken about it at all, beyond "don't rag on our products".
 
It's one o'clock in the morning now, and I have to drag myself away from this.

Still on chapter one, I'm loving every minute of this title. Every single decision Bioware made, each of which I bitterly complained about before actually playing the game for myself, has turned out to be a positive change. I love the combat, which is way more tactical than Origins. And I also love it that my character now speaks - it's a huge improvement.

The plot is engaging, and I can't wait for the hands of the clock to move forward in the story. My character is progressing nicely and the sense of advancement is palpable. For me, this is the title I had hoped Origins was going to be.

Now they'll probably fuck up DA 3 on me.
 
You know for someone that does a lot of preaching about not buying games, you're not doing anything to promote your beliefs. All you're doing is bitching on this forum.

If you really wanted to do something you should take action. Take to the streets, rally consumers against evil developers who only care about money and want to churn out games one after the other with no development time.

I dunno, but last time I checked this was a public forum, aka where consumers post. So I think he is doing the right thing by posting here, in a DRAGON AGE 2 thread.

Too bad most of you will buy most of the shovelware a developer will put out.
 
Too bad most of you will buy most of the shovelware a developer will put out.

Pretty assinine assumption there.:rolleyes: Bioware and Blizzard titles are the only games I usually buy on day one sight unseen.They have a solid reputation for putting out fun, polished games. Everything else I wait for reviews, play a demo first or wait till it goes on sale on Steam or D2D.
 
It's one o'clock in the morning now, and I have to drag myself away from this.

Still on chapter one, I'm loving every minute of this title. Every single decision Bioware made, each of which I bitterly complained about before actually playing the game for myself, has turned out to be a positive change. I love the combat, which is way more tactical than Origins. And I also love it that my character now speaks - it's a huge improvement.

The plot is engaging, and I can't wait for the hands of the clock to move forward in the story. My character is progressing nicely and the sense of advancement is palpable. For me, this is the title I had hoped Origins was going to be.

Now they'll probably fuck up DA 3 on me.

Totally agreed... finished this game on my warrior. Now doing the rogue part, but allying with templars and getting all of them demon-posessed mages straight into gallows ;)

And I found myself stopping and listening to my party banters, as Varric was discussing stuff with others.... also love, how you use party members in conversations. Varric lying my way out of the hostage situation, or Fenris helping me deal with Arishok.

Combat is hard too. Was playing on normal, and defeating High Dragon was very hard task, took me several tries of different party members and skills to deal with him. It feld rewarding, when beast finally felt, as good as I defeated Firkraag in BG2 a long time ago.

Speaking not, how the city live around me. First, you are just "Ferelden trash", you get kicked out of Viscount chambers after certain quest, but then, as you progress in power, everyone treats you differently.

Don't understand the hate for the game. Really I don't.
 
Great article on Rock Paper Shotgun about what is wrong with this game (at least the opening few hours of the game). Fortunately, the game should get better over time but he makes some very good points about certain issues with the establishment of the game and the lack of characterization.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/14/wit-the-opening-hours-of-dragon-age-ii/#more-53897

He brings up good points, but what I found really interesting about the game and the characters is that everything develops slowly and over time, like it would in real life. You're not out on an adventure to save the world from some invading horde where every second could be your last. You are living in a city and interacting with it on a daily basis. You're not going to get to know everything right away and some things will take a long time to blossom. He is going to the Deep Roads, only one major time jump into the game. I'm two more big ones in and only now are some things established before and after that first jump are starting to come to fruition. You are playing Hawke, but at the same time you're playing Varric's story of your character so who you are, what you do, and why you are who you are is revealed throughout that story. It is a very unique way to tell a story in a RPG and while it doesn't always work (some things do feel disjointed) its interesting and fresh, especially after the rather dull main plot of DAO which really only got half-way interesting at the end.
 
Totally agreed... finished this game on my warrior. Now doing the rogue part, but allying with templars and getting all of them demon-posessed mages straight into gallows ;)

And I found myself stopping and listening to my party banters, as Varric was discussing stuff with others.... also love, how you use party members in conversations. Varric lying my way out of the hostage situation, or Fenris helping me deal with Arishok.

Combat is hard too. Was playing on normal, and defeating High Dragon was very hard task, took me several tries of different party members and skills to deal with him. It feld rewarding, when beast finally felt, as good as I defeated Firkraag in BG2 a long time ago.

Speaking not, how the city live around me. First, you are just "Ferelden trash", you get kicked out of Viscount chambers after certain quest, but then, as you progress in power, everyone treats you differently.

Don't understand the hate for the game. Really I don't.

The banter is awesome. Put Aveline, Anders, and Fenris in your party for a while and listen to their banter. Its pretty good, especially if you do a certain plot with Aveline that has an effect on her life after the third time jump. Some pretty amusing banter revolving around that.
 
Sorry, but I never liked Starcraft - certainly not online; I'm more a fan of C&C, AOE, SOASE, Homeworld....Warcraft just bored me. Esp 3. I hated the story in Warcraft 3.

WoW? Sure, I can waste time in it...not that great though. Diablo is the only one I've never played.

It's all personal taste; I'm not crazy for having my own opinions and tastes. Go force your opinions on someone else.

No you're not crazy for having your own thoughts and opinions, but don't make blanket statements like xxxx games aren't worth the money. Unless you're trolling of course. Predicate it with I don't think xxxxx games are worth the money because honestly the majority of the whole gaming pc world disagree with you that Blizzard games are crap.
 
It's one o'clock in the morning now, and I have to drag myself away from this.

Still on chapter one, I'm loving every minute of this title. Every single decision Bioware made, each of which I bitterly complained about before actually playing the game for myself, has turned out to be a positive change. I love the combat, which is way more tactical than Origins. And I also love it that my character now speaks - it's a huge improvement.

The plot is engaging, and I can't wait for the hands of the clock to move forward in the story. My character is progressing nicely and the sense of advancement is palpable. For me, this is the title I had hoped Origins was going to be.

Now they'll probably fuck up DA 3 on me.

Wabe sorry this thread got ruined by Fail and the others. If I were next time I wouldn't bother. Just enjoy the game and let the others bitch about it.
 
It's one o'clock in the morning now, and I have to drag myself away from this.

Still on chapter one, I'm loving every minute of this title. Every single decision Bioware made, each of which I bitterly complained about before actually playing the game for myself, has turned out to be a positive change. I love the combat, which is way more tactical than Origins. And I also love it that my character now speaks - it's a huge improvement.

The plot is engaging, and I can't wait for the hands of the clock to move forward in the story. My character is progressing nicely and the sense of advancement is palpable. For me, this is the title I had hoped Origins was going to be.

Now they'll probably fuck up DA 3 on me.

I agree with you 100%, everything I hated when I first heard about it I actually like now, very few complaints. Its a bit short, there should be more areas and probably my only major annoyance is they cheat and make enemies appear behind your party as a stupid tactic to make battles harder. The one battle I played on hard where the enemies only spawned in front of me was very easy. The combat is often only made difficult by spamming guys from the rear of the formation.
 
Don't have the game.

Regarding the review at RPS: Is it true that persuade/intimidate skills are gone? It would truly blow to not be able to talk through quests. Are the dialogue choices real and impact the game or are they just atmosphere fluff?

Is it:
1.meet quest object
2. Hawke quips something valiant or snarky
3. Inevitable battle, not impacted by #2
4.
5. phat loot

That would suck.
 
From the little I played the quest dialogue seemed to have absoluely no effect, I was basically snappy/rude with all of my comments and no one cared, there was the occasional bad reaction which resulted in them giving way and admitting what I'm saying is probably right.

Dialogue options seem a LOT worse than before.
 
From the little I played the quest dialogue seemed to have absoluely no effect, I was basically snappy/rude with all of my comments and no one cared, there was the occasional bad reaction which resulted in them giving way and admitting what I'm saying is probably right.

Dialogue options seem a LOT worse than before.

I'd disagree with this opinion. Dialogues do play important part.

You are to free hostage. You have options to force the fight, or ask for help a party member. Then Varrick tells a lie, that the boy taken hostage is lost son of Viscount, and if something will be done to the boy, Viscount will have revenge. No fight, everything solved.

Or a quest, where you exit cave after certain encounter with Merril and clan keeper, and you meet horde of angry elves. With your dialogue options you can either cause the fight and wipe the elves or solve it peacefully.


They also have influence of what party members think about you, and how they will choose during main story line.

Also decisions you pick in dialogue options, even in side quests will bite you in the ass in act 3 :)
 
Back
Top