• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dragon Age II

what went wrong? I loved DA:O and didnt want to read reviews on DO:2 as to not spoil anything. That'll teach me. I'll try switching to Hard and hopefully that'll improve my experience.
 
what went wrong? I loved DA:O and didnt want to read reviews on DO:2 as to not spoil anything. That'll teach me. I'll try switching to Hard and hopefully that'll improve my experience.

Do you have access to the potion known as Maker's Sigh? It allows you to re-spec your party members from the ground up. I used about twenty of them in pursuit of a party that was capable on Hard.

I had a lot of fun finding that balance.

I would say that Maker's Sigh is almost fundamental. You need to learn how those skill trees work, and what's the best fit for your party. On Hard, the game is truly challenging. I mean, frustratingly so. But if you can come up with the winning combination then you'll feel the rewards when dozens of NPCs explode in front of your very eyes. It can be hugely frustrating and hugely satisfying.

I went with Anders using Pancea. Fenris as the damage dealer. Merril as a blood mage, with her constitution maxed out (she becomes invincible almost, and can use her AOE spells right in the middle of the fights). And myself as the rogue, with my Assassin tree maxed out.

On hard, you actually have to think about things. It's no longer a free ride.
 
what went wrong? I loved DA:O and didnt want to read reviews on DO:2 as to not spoil anything. That'll teach me. I'll try switching to Hard and hopefully that'll improve my experience.

I don't think it was one thing that went wrong but more of Bioware essentially being told to get this game out ASAP. There are parts that are well thought out and done just as well as DA1...and then there's the same 4-5 dungeons over and over again, same "gang fights" like 10 times, consolized enemy spawning, easy bosses, and no real central plotline. There's even the sudden end of the game that looks like a chapter was full-on removed.
I'd say that the closer to the end you get, the more fleshed out the plot seems to be. My best guess is that they created the first chapter and the 3rd with the 2nd and 4th being almost totally thrown together last-minute. Chapter 2 is a mess and I'd suspect they never really started the 4th and will likely try to sell it to us as DLC down the road. There's obviously a lot of groundwork for it, but it's missing.
I won't even mention the technological issues, but let's just say Bethesda's MUCH more wide open games are probably not much buggier.
 
I don't think it was one thing that went wrong but more of Bioware essentially being told to get this game out ASAP. There are parts that are well thought out and done just as well as DA1...and then there's the same 4-5 dungeons over and over again, same "gang fights" like 10 times, consolized enemy spawning, easy bosses, and no real central plotline. There's even the sudden end of the game that looks like a chapter was full-on removed.
I'd say that the closer to the end you get, the more fleshed out the plot seems to be. My best guess is that they created the first chapter and the 3rd with the 2nd and 4th being almost totally thrown together last-minute. Chapter 2 is a mess and I'd suspect they never really started the 4th and will likely try to sell it to us as DLC down the road. There's obviously a lot of groundwork for it, but it's missing.
I won't even mention the technological issues, but let's just say Bethesda's MUCH more wide open games are probably not much buggier.

Did we play the same title - there are three acts in Dragon Age 2, not four.
 
There are only three - but the whole game ends suddenly even after setting up plenty of things that weren't resolved at all...and not just passive things or simple foreshadowing,

I guarantee there was/is a 4th acts but it was shelved to make the release date or simply because they'd rather release an "Awakenings" or several small DLC's that were the 4th act.
 
There are only three - but the whole game ends suddenly even after setting up plenty of things that weren't resolved at all...and not just passive things or simple foreshadowing,

I guarantee there was/is a 4th acts but it was shelved to make the release date or simply because they'd rather release an "Awakenings" or several small DLC's that were the 4th act.

That's my guess as well. In the DA2 debug menu, there is a script that points towards something much bigger involving the ancient lyrium statue.
 
There are only three - but the whole game ends suddenly even after setting up plenty of things that weren't resolved at all...and not just passive things or simple foreshadowing,

I guarantee there was/is a 4th acts but it was shelved to make the release date or simply because they'd rather release an "Awakenings" or several small DLC's that were the 4th act.

I can't wait for the DLC to arrive. I just didn't care about the Origins DLC, but I'll be day one on every DA2 DLC that gets released, and I'm hoping for a lot. :)
 
SPOILERS:

Just finished the game on hard - I supported the mages, and when the First Enchanter went all bad that was one fugly looking bloated blob. Anyway all of my party stayed except Fenris who I hadn't hardly used so I didn't max his meter out. Having Avaline tank while not in the party was quite helpful. I even saw Zevrran pop out when I was fighting against the Knight-Commander. I think those two fights together took me an hour or more. The KC was hard, she had a hard on for Isabela, kept going after her constantly. I had to drop two res potions on her over the course of the fight. Used the self res potions on everyone and about 20 restoration potions and 20 stamina potions. Varric just couldn't keep his stamina up. It was a challenge fighting that fight with 3 rogues and Merrill. the good thing about Merrill was she was pretty much unkillable with 60 Constitution and some items that added to the Blood Mage charactoristic.

Was very fun final fight though.
 
Last edited:
Awakenings was a pretty stellar DLC/Add-On and reminded me of the older expansions like the Throne of Bhaal for Baldur's Gate 2. It was a pseudo sequel to Origins an had a quest that was probably 1/4 to 1/3 of the length of the normal game. Plus, much like Throne of Bhaal, your main character is borderline godlike by the end. It was a suitable finale just because if you got any stronger, they'd literally be throwing demi-liches and dragons at you at every turn just for a challenge.

If they make something like that for DA2, I'll definitely grab it. The other items like Liliana's Song were okay, but really mainly useful for the loot they gave you. Completing that one netted you the single best Rogue armor in the whole game.
 
Plus, much like Throne of Bhaal, your main character is borderline godlike by the end. It was a suitable finale just because if you got any stronger, they'd literally be throwing demi-liches and dragons at you at every turn just for a challenge.

This is my favorite part of RPG expansions: all the new skills/classes that they add for the upper level endgame. It was always my favorite part of Hordes of the Underdark, getting into the epic levels with the cool new skills and items and enemies and such.
 
Honestly, dude, that's crap. The combat system is different, not better. I personally still prefer the system in DA:O and the linear skill trees.
As for the story, the ONLY way we know time is progressing in the game is because the narrator says so. Nothing changes in the city. Hell, the characters don't even appear to age. I look much, much older than I did 10 years ago when I was 21. I never got the feeling that time was moving forward. The plot was so poorly done even the story quests felt like side missions. Each one was it's own neat little package wrapped up in each act. I won't point out the only exception because I don't want to spoil it for people still playing. And the little tiny thread that tied it all up in the end? You seriously think that was better than taking down the blight dragon and ending the blight? Seriously?
Truth be told, I've been following this thread since it's inception and honestly, you've worked yourself up into such a frenzy over DA2 that you talk as if it's the second coming of video games. Most of us are able to be at least somewhat objective about DA2, but you are so biased in favor of it that you couldn't be objective at this point if you tried.

Your opinion: you like DA:O better than DA2
His opinion: He likes DA2 better than DA:O (for the combat anyway).

They are called opinions, they are not a fact. Don't try to bludgeon him with your own personal viewpoints.

Oh, and I think DA2 has better combat/ talent trees as well. So what if I like the game- isn't that my right to like what I want? Am I not entitled to my own opinion?
 
DA2 definitely does some things better. Nothing wrong with an opinion. I like the new animations and I like that 2-handed warriors are now able to do more than kite and absorb damage. In general I like the combat options more, even if most fights are too easy.
I still think the game was rushed and is only about 75% finished...but you're kidding yourself if you don't think they improved some things.
 
Hey guys, this thread disappeared temporarily. I had to do some fancy moderating to get it to reappear, sorry it was gone. FYI, if you were subscribed to this thread, I'm not sure if you still are, so if you want notices and aren't getting them, just hit the "subscribe to this thread" link up in the thread tools.
 
Hey guys, this thread disappeared temporarily. I had to do some fancy moderating to get it to reappear, sorry it was gone. FYI, if you were subscribed to this thread, I'm not sure if you still are, so if you want notices and aren't getting them, just hit the "subscribe to this thread" link up in the thread tools.

What if we're getting notifications and didn't want to? haha.
 
Hey guys, this thread disappeared temporarily. I had to do some fancy moderating to get it to reappear, sorry it was gone. FYI, if you were subscribed to this thread, I'm not sure if you still are, so if you want notices and aren't getting them, just hit the "subscribe to this thread" link up in the thread tools.

Hmm, I'd look into this.

Somebody out there wants all traces of Dragon Age 2 to be... um, historized.
 
Well I just wanted to throw my two cents in on this game...

I just finished DA:O and Awakenings 2 weeks ago and went straight into DA2. I am probobly going to beat DA2 tonight since I am very close to the end. I believe I have a unique perspective since I played them all back to back.

DA:O was fantastic.
DA:A was great but the bugs killed it - I had 3 or 4 game breaking bugs that if it weren't for the community fixes I wouldnt have been able to finish. I also needed to replay significant portions of the game when these bugs occured.

DA2:

First, I like it. There is a tremendous amount of things wrong with it but I am gogin to focus on what I liked.

DA2 suffers the same dumbed down consolitus that ME2 suffered. I will never understand why you would remove a bunch of functionality to make it more accessible. Depth is an important part of immersion in RPG games. I am sure you are aware of the things that were removed so for the sake of simplicity so I am not going to name them I think it is fair to say that from a gameplay standpoint DA:2 does not have much in common with DA:O apart from the control scheme. I don't agree with the removal of one thing from DA:O. I think they should have kept everything, maybe refined it and got rid of the bugs but I liked the depth it brought.

So what was good?

Well I simply love the characters (Except Merrill - she annoys the shit out of me). Isabella, Verric, Anders and Aveline are well written and well rounded characters that you really start to care for. This isn't better than DA:O/A because I loved those characters just as much.

Also I love the fact that my character speaks! This made the dialog portions of the game soooo much more fun. I played a wise cracking mage - and it was fun! I thought DA:O/A dialog interaction was tedious and boring. Also, the pace was picked up in DA2. DA:O conversation pacing was too slow to be realistic in many cases.

Obviously, the graphics are better but I was disappointed that they did not fix things like armor pieces or weapons sticking inside each other. I also HATE the fact that weapons float on characters backs with no way to hold them on. But those are little things.

I like the Rivalry changes. That way I didnt have to kiss anyones ass to get them to perform even if my character would have scolded them.

And finally I wonder about the future of the franchise. I think it was a dangerous move to introduce a new main character. It makes me wonder how they will continue on. Will we follow Bodahn and Sandal to Orlais where we meet a third protagonist? At first I was disappointed to leave the Grey Wardens and play this new perspective but now that I near the end I feel I liked the way it introduced me to new characters and stories.
 
I was not a fan of DA2 I got tired of all the tedious side quests but I liked the character interaction and the main story line so I kept playing to the end. Was it just me or was the ending a wtf. The city wasn't that bad off before I came along, then I showed and made every thing ten fold worse.
 
I was not a fan of DA2 I got tired of all the tedious side quests but I liked the character interaction and the main story line so I kept playing to the end. Was it just me or was the ending a wtf. The city wasn't that bad off before I came along, then I showed and made every thing ten fold worse.

I'm not a fan of the end either. It went full on Dragon Ball Z.
 
wait, there was a super saiyen? I missed that part.

Although, didn't like 7 years pass in the world timeline during the gameplay or was it four?
 
Resurrecting thread due to new patch

Download Link: Patch v1.3

BioWare said:
Dragon Age II 1.03

NOTE: Some fixes are retroactive, but not all. Players with plot-breaking bugs may need to revert to an earlier save, particularly a save prior to visiting the affected area during the current year in the game.

GAMEPLAY
  • The Epic achievement was not unlocking properly for some users. This no longer occurs.
  • The Supplier achievement now always unlocks after finding at least 66 resource varieties, including resources purchased from the Black Emporium.
  • A codex entry that helps unlock the Archaeologist achievement is now easier to acquire in the Viscount's Keep during the first year in Kirkwall.
  • In many fights, enemies now move less quickly at the start of combat. This slower initial pace makes tactical positioning more useful and important.
  • If the force of an enemy attack interrupts a party member's current action, the party member now resumes the action once he or she has recovered. This means, for example, that party members who have been instructed to consume a health potion will now do so as soon as they are able, and do not need to be told to consume a health potion again if they are interrupted.
  • Enemies are now much less likely to explode into body parts upon death.
  • Attacks that hit a stealthed assassin are now more likely to disrupt stealth.
  • Abilities that apply a silence effect now also cancel the target's current action in addition to preventing the target from using further abilities.
  • When an enemy wakes from a sleep effect due to suffering damage, other status effects that were applied by the same ability that caused the sleep effect are no longer removed at the same time.
  • Items that bear the property "100% of basic attack damage vs. enemies that attack in melee" no longer harm the user when equipped in conjunction with abilities like Blood Magic or Sacrificial Frenzy that reduce the user's health.
  • The items known as Final Thought, Sataareth, Sundering, and Trepanner's Gift now have damage types that match their elemental damage bonuses.
  • The items known as Allure's Crook, Corrupted Acolyte's Staff, Defender of the Wall, Void's Hammer, and Volcanic Shield can now only be equipped by the appropriate classes.
  • The high dragon's fireballs no longer track moving targets.
  • Pride demons can no longer be affected by their own Crushing Prison spells.
  • The size of the area affected by an ability is now explicitly described as diameter or radius (usually diameter).
  • When a party member's armor changes after consummating a romance, runes inscribed on his or her old armor now carry over to the new armor.
  • Using the Maker's Sigh potion on an archer no longer alters inventory capacity.
  • It is no longer possible to create more than one Elixir of Heroism.
  • It is no longer possible to simultaneously enable sustained modes that are supposed to be mutually exclusive.
  • In some cases, enemies would freeze while entering combat. This no longer occurs.
  • In some cases, saw traps or spike traps would throw party members back even when the trap was not visible. This no longer occurs.
  • The Special Deliveries chest can no longer get into a state where it contains items but cannot be opened.
  • The storage chest is now present in the Hawke estate after completing the main campaign.
  • If the Black Emporium premium content is installed, the mabari hound now follows his master more reliably.
  • Various character-corruption issues now correct themselves automatically when you load your game.
  • Various minor gameplay issues no longer occur.
QUESTS (SPOILER WARNING)
  • "Who Needs Rescuing" can now be completed.
  • "Friendly Concern" is now available after consummating a romance.
  • In "Act of Mercy," Thrask can no longer die, which could block completion.
  • In "A Murder of Crows," it is now always possible to fight the varterral.
  • In "A New Path," Merrill no longer remains locked in the party after the quest.
  • In "Bait and Switch," the chest in the abandoned house can now always be opened.
  • In "Demands of the Qun," Aveline's guards no longer turn hostile if the player declines to enter the Qunari compound during the day and then returns at night.
  • In "Dissent," it is no longer possible to loot Ser Alrik's body before the appropriate time. This ensures that the quest can always be completed.
  • In "No Rest for the Wicked," Isabela now always begins the opening conversation at the appropriate time.
  • In "The Captain's Condolences," it is now possible to ask Aveline about her father even if she is not currently in the party.
  • In "The Last Straw," Anders now responds much differently if he is a rival.
  • In "The Last Straw," Aveline no longer attacks Meredith when the party is supposed to be stunned. This prevents a subsequent issue where the game could freeze after loading the post-campaign save.
  • In "Wayward Son," it is no longer possible to speak to Thrask after speaking to Samson. This ensures that the quest progresses correctly.
  • If Merrill's clan members die, she no longer speaks as if they were alive.
  • If Anders is a rival, giving him the Tevinter Chantry Amulet now results In rivalry points instead of friendship points.
  • If the Black Emporium premium content is installed, a new conversation between Fenris and Hawke's dog is available during the fourth year in Kirkwall.
  • Alternate Merrill/Aveline banter is now available if Merrill's clan is killed.
  • Various references to the events of Dragon Age: Origins are now more accurate.
  • Various minor story-scripting issues no longer occur.
FUNCTIONALITY
  • Users with a large number of promotional items were timing out when attempting to log in. This no longer occurs.
  • Combat audio has been rebalanced so that it is no longer louder than exploration and dialogue audio.
  • The Epic achievement or trophy can now always be unlocked.
  • The Supplier achievement or trophy now always unlocks after finding at least 66 resource varieties, including resources purchased from the Black Emporium.
  • A codex entry that helps unlock the Archaeologist achievement or trophy is now easier to acquire in the Viscount's Keep during the first year in Kirkwall.
  • In the tactics menu, actions that use Items no longer become blank.
  • Various minor art issues no longer occur.
  • Various technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.
PC/MAC-SPECIFIC FUNCTIONALITY
  • The game now runs correctly for Windows administrator accounts that were receiving errors about insufficient privileges.
  • An error about AWC.dll that prevents the game from launching no longer occurs.
  • A rare issue that caused the configuration utility to crash no longer occurs.
  • In the gameplay options menu, It is now possible to enable persistent highlighting on usable objects, similar to holding down the tab key. To reduce clutter, however, this setting does not highlight characters.
  • In the gameplay options menu, it is now possible to disable enhanced targeting. Disabling this setting improves framerate but makes it more difficult to highlight characters or objects in some situations.
  • The DirectX 11 renderer is now disabled if your video-card drivers are older than version 11.4 (for AMD cards) or 267.14 (for NVIDIA cards).
  • The game no longer erroneously uses the DirectX 11 renderer if the DirectX 9 renderer was selected in conjunction with a full-screen gamma value other than the default. This change should improve performance for players who were using those settings. As well, the full-screen gamma value is now saved correctly.
  • If the game is set to use a language other than English, it no longer reverts to English upon installing a patch.
  • Various issues specific to DirectX 11 no longer occur.
  • Various issues preventing the game from launching no longer occur.
BALANCE

NOTE: Patch 1.03 introduces significant changes to the overall balance of the game, improving the strategic elements and making combat and class progression more engaging and enjoyable for players. Here is a detailed summary of the balance-related improvements:
  • Enemies' basic attacks now apply much less force, which means that party members' actions are not interrupted as frequently.
  • The secondary attribute requirement for equipping armor or shields (constitution for warriors, willpower for mages, and cunning for rogues) is now significantly smaller.
  • The rate at which rogues regenerate stamina while performing basic attacks has been significantly increased. Rogues now regain 1% of their stamina per hit with dual weapons or 2% per hit with a bow.
  • Traps no longer inflict injuries.
  • Enemies now gain more health as the game progresses.
  • Enemy assassins now have less health.
  • Lieutenant-rank and boss-rank enemies now have less health.
  • Lieutenant-rank enemies can no longer lose more than 40% of their health from a single hit, and boss-rank enemies cannot lose more than 20%.
  • Enemy commanders now occasionally throw stun grenades while encouraging their troops to concentrate attacks against a single party member. Previously, this behavior was limited to nightmare difficulty.
  • Values for armor and elemental resistances now cannot exceed 95%. The game displays values of up to 100%, but characters now suffer 5% damage from an attack even if they show 100% resistance.
  • The DISORIENT effect now applies a 50% penalty to enemy defense, as described in the codex, instead of only 25%.
  • The Rune of Valiance now provides a +2 bonus to all attributes instead of a variable bonus that could rise as high as +7. As well, equipping and unequipping multiple pieces of armor that each bear a Rune of Valiance no longer results in incorrect attribute scores.
  • Items that improve the Blood Magic cost ratio now provide 0.25 mana per point of health instead of 1 mana.
  • On hard and nightmare difficulties, status effects now persist on enemies for a slightly longer duration.
  • On nightmare difficulty, enemies now inflict more damage than before.
  • On nightmare difficulty, party members no longer suffer friendly-fire damage from warriors' basic attacks.
  • On nightmare difficulty, party members can no longer suffer more than 75% of their health in damage from a single friendly-fire attack.
  • The warrior's Aftershock upgrade to the Tremor talent now has a 30% chance to STAGGER normal enemies instead of 40%.
  • The warrior's Claymore upgrade to the Cleave talent now has a 10% chance to STAGGER normal enemies instead of 40%.
  • The warrior's Cleave talent now increases damage by 75% instead of 100%, while while the cost has been increased from 20 stamina to 30 and cooldown from 20s to 25s.
  • The warrior's Shield Bash talent no longer automatically STAGGERS enemies within range of the attack who were not targeted directly. The primary target is still automatically STAGGERED, but other normal enemies within range have a 40% chance to STAGGER.
  • The warrior's Shield Defense talent now increases threat generation by 100%.
  • The warrior's Sunder talent now has a 20% chance to STAGGER enemies on a critical hit instead of 50%. As well, the talent now only STAGGERS enemies if the warrior is wielding a two-handed weapon, as originally intended.
  • The berserker's Berserk talent now calculates the damage bonus differently, substantially increasing the ability's effectiveness.
  • The reaver's Blood Frenzy talent and Fenris's Veneer of Calm talent now provide a maximum bonus of +50% damage instead of +100%.
  • The rogue's Ambush talent now functions as described.
  • The rogue's Burst Shot talent now inflicts approximately 50% more damage (and 3x physical force instead of 2x).
  • The rogue's Brand talent now provides a 25% bonus to warriors' and mages' critical chance instead of 10%.
  • The rogue's Disorienting Shot upgrade to the Pinning Shot talent now always DISORIENTS the victim, regardless of whether the victim was pinned in place.
  • The rogue's Inconspicuous talent now extends the reduced threat generation to other rogues and mages within a 10m diameter.
  • The rogue's Lacerate talent now provides a 10% chance to re-apply the damage from any ability over 5s, instead of a chance to apply a fixed amount of damage.
  • The rogue's Merciless Strike upgrade to the Explosive Strike talent now applies 300% damage vs. STAGGERED targets instead of 400%.
  • The rogue's Pinning Shot talent now pins the victim for the correct duration.
  • The rogue's Pinpoint Strikes talent now includes a 100% bonus to attack for the duration of the ability.
  • The assassin's Assassinate talent now has a 50s cooldown instead of 40s. The Annihilate upgrade now applies 200% damage vs. BRITTLE targets instead of 400%.
  • The shadow's Decoy talent and Sebastian's Guardian Angel talent now have a 45s cooldown instead of 30s.
  • The shadow's Disorienting Criticals talent now functions as described, and provides a 50% bonus to critical damage when obscured instead of 25%.
  • The shadow's Pinpoint Precision talent now provides a 50% bonus to critical damage instead of 25%.
  • The mage's Walking Bomb spell now inflicts damage equal to 50% of the victim's maximum health upon explosion, within a 4m radius, instead of 100%.
  • The mage's Arcane Wall upgrade to the Arcane Shield spell now continues to provide a 20% defense bonus to the mage, as described. Previously, the upgrade reduced the bonus to 15%. Other party members receive a 5% bonus.
  • The mage's Chain Reaction upgrade to the Chain Lightning spell now applies 300% damage vs. DISORIENTED targets instead of 600%.
  • The mage's Death Syphon spell now drains multiple corpses more quickly.
  • The mage's Entropic Cloud spell now applies for 30s instead of 15s (against normal enemies), but the cost has been increased from 35 mana to 50 and the cooldown from 40s to 50s. The Death Cloud upgrade now applies damage every 2s instead of every 4s.
  • The mage's Fireball and Firestorm spells now both inflict approximately 40% more damage and apply 3x elemental force instead of 2x.
  • The mage's Misdirection Hex spell now applies for 15s instead of 10s (against normal enemies).
  • The mage's Petrify spell now applies for 12s instead of 15s (against normal enemies).
  • The mage's Sleep spell now applies for 15s instead of 10s (against normal enemies).
  • The mage's Spirit Mastery spell now includes a 10% bonus to critical chance instead of 5%.
  • The mage's Spirit Strike upgrade to the Spirit Bolt spell now applies 300% damage vs. DISORIENTED targets instead of 200%.
  • The mage's Winter's Blast upgrade to the Winter's Grasp spell now notes that it affects nearby enemies.
  • The blood mage's Blood Magic spell and the spirit healer's Healing Aura spell are now mutually exclusive.
  • The blood mage's Blood Magic spell now reserves 70% of the mage's mana instead of 50%.
  • The blood mage's Blood Slave spell now enslaves the victim for a longer duration. As well, if the spell is ineffective, the victim's current action is now canceled. The Blood Spatter upgrade now inflicts damage equal to 75% of the victim's maximum health upon explosion instead of 100%, within a 4m radius. As well, the spell description now displays this information.
  • The blood mage's Grave Robber spell now affects a 12m diameter instead of 6m in order to make the ability more useful. The One Foot In upgrade now inflicts 100% of the mage's maximum health in damage instead of 10%.
  • The blood mage's Paralyzing Hemorrhage upgrade to the Hemorrhage spell now applies 500% damage vs. STAGGERED targets instead of 900%.
  • The force mage's Fist of the Maker spell now inflicts approximately 50% more damage. The Maker's Hammer upgrade now applies 600% damage vs. STAGGERED targets instead of 900%.
  • The force mage's Unshakable spell now provides a +50 bonus to fortitude instead of +100.
  • The spirit healer's Group Heal spell and Anders's Aid Allies spell now restore 25% of party members' health instead of 30%. When upgraded, Group Heal restores 40% of health instead of 50%.
  • The spirit healer's Healing Aura spell and Anders's Panacea spell now provide a +100 bonus to health regeneration instead of +50, and a +200 bonus when upgraded instead of +100. As well, the diameter of the spell has been increased from 6m to 10m, and from 8m to 15m when upgraded. In addition, a rare case in which the spell previously provided an abnormally high rate of health regeneration no longer occurs.
  • Anders's Swift Justice spell now reduces cooldowns to 90% of their normal duration instead of 80%.
  • Aveline's Bodyguard talent no longer allows her to absorb the damage from Anders's Martyr spell.
  • Aveline's Immovable talent now provides a stacking 8% bonus to damage resistance per hit instead of 2%.
  • If Bethany or Carver rejoin the party near the end of the game, they now learn the Force Mage and Templar specializations, respectively. Existing save games from after the Deep Roads Expedition will not receive the benefit of this fix.
Source: http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches
 
Back
Top