DoubleSight DS-263N - 26"

just ordered mine at the egg. this outta be good, i'm still using my dell 2005fpw from years ago.

From everything I've read about the DS, it looks to be a great LCD with a good price but not with a very good stand. I currently have a 2007WFP (IPS) and find its stand to be perfect for my needs.

Would it be possible for me to simply swap the stand out and use it with the DS, or are the VESA mounts different sizes?

From everything I've read about the DS, it looks to be a great LCD with a good price but not with a very good stand. I currently have a 2007WFP (IPS) and find its stand to be perfect for my needs.

Would it be possible for me to simply swap the stand out and use it with the DS, or are the VESA mounts different sizes?

I would just be worried that the mount not support (or hold) the weight, which brings up a good question, what is a good/solid VESA mount for this monitor?

Honestly, unless you want to swivel or rotate the monitor, the default stand is fine. I've seen several people mention that the Planar has a better stand, but it's not really any better. The height adjustment on the Planar is very stiff and can only go as high as the DoubleSight is normally. If you want it higher, just stick something under it, but considering how large the monitor is, I think the normal height is fine.

I also find the stand to be just fine. The monitor is pretty big so the top edge is high already.

If someone would be so kind, would you please measure and report the distance from your desk to the bottom of the monitor, and the distance from the bottom to the top of the monitor. I think the stand allows you to tilt the monitor so it's not straight up and down, measurements without any tilting adjustment are preferred.

Thanks in advance.

If someone would be so kind, would you please measure and report the distance from your desk to the bottom of the monitor, and the distance from the bottom to the top of the monitor. I think the stand allows you to tilt the monitor so it's not straight up and down, measurements without any tilting adjustment are preferred.

Thanks in advance.

I asked for this earlier as well. Thank you to anyone that answers this.

I asked for this earlier as well. Thank you to anyone that answers this.

I don't have the monitor (yet); but if you look at the specs from DS:

Code:
Dimensions: 23.5in W x 18.0in H x 11.0in D (w/stand)

And factor in the aspect ratio (16x10) and the reported actual diagonal size (25.5"); assuming an equal border all the way around this suggests a rougly 21.5" x 13.5" screen with one inch borders on each side = 23.5" x 15.5" + a 2.5" raise from the stand = 18" high.

That closely matches the rough answer you got on the anandtech forum (where someone guessed no more than 3; maybe 2.5).

If millimeters matter; we need a real measurement but I'd be willing to bet it's pretty close to 2.5".

-Jeff

Some quick measurements:
Height to bottom: 3.25" with no tilt. Tilted all the way back it's slightly over 4".
Height to top: 18.5"

The stand has a circular base, about 11.5" circular. It's quite sturdy. Those worried about the stand should ask themselves, how often do you plan to adjust a 26" monitor? Unless you need portrait mode on something this big, then my guess is only once.

Some quick measurements:
Height to bottom: 3.25" with no tilt. Tilted all the way back it's slightly over 4".
Height to top: 18.5"

The stand has a circular base, about 11.5" circular. It's quite sturdy. Those worried about the stand should ask themselves, how often do you plan to adjust a 26" monitor? Unless you need portrait mode on something this big, then my guess is only once.

Thanks. :)

Thanks!

Now when I order it from Amazon I know what size book to buy to raise it up.

(just kidding)

Awkward problem with the monitor:

I turn my computer off for the night, in the morning, after I turn the monitor on and let my computer boot, I notice a lot of distortions all over the monitor, it looks like pixels jumping all over the place, it moves very fast. Turning the monitor off and back on makes it go away each and every time.

Is this just some issue that appears when the LCD is cold? Or could this develop into a bigger problem later on?

Are you sure?

Doublesight's product page says the monitor uses the standard 100mm x 100mm mount.

This makes sense as the monitor is 23lbs with stand and according to the ergotron website, the 100x100 (VESA MIS-D) is spec'd for up to 30.8lbs.

I'm guessing the monitor is less than 20lbs without the stand, someone else can probably answer that but you might want to check here:

http://internalapps.ergotron.com/mirwebtool/capacity.asp?product=lx

for more on the weight issue and find out how thick the display itself is.

I can't see why you would not be able to use it, you would need this or a similar adapter in order for it to work.

http://www.ergotron.com/Products/Ac...mid/574/PRDID/172/language/en-US/default.aspx

Moto

2 questions on this display:

1. Sorry if this is not the proper terminology but,... is this standard color gamut? As opposed to wide gamut.

2. Speaking of stands, does anyone know if Dell sells it's stands separately and would that work on the DoubleSight?

EDIT: Specifically a Dell 2407WFP 24" stand.

2 questions on this display:

1. Sorry if this is not the proper terminology but,... is this standard color gamut? As opposed to wide gamut.

2. Speaking of stands, does anyone know if Dell sells it's stands separately and would that work on the DoubleSight?

EDIT: Specifically a Dell 2407WFP 24" stand.
1. It is a wide gamut monitor.
2. Not that I could find on Dell's site. You may need to call them and ask. Ergotron sells a wide monitor arm but its expensive at over $100. Their less expensive arm is cheaper but not specced for this size / weight.

Are you sure?

Doublesight's product page says the monitor uses the standard 100mm x 100mm mount.

This makes sense as the monitor is 23lbs with stand and according to the ergotron website, the 100x100 (VESA MIS-D) is spec'd for up to 30.8lbs.

I'm guessing the monitor is less than 20lbs without the stand, someone else can probably answer that but you might want to check here:

http://internalapps.ergotron.com/mirwebtool/capacity.asp?product=lx

for more on the weight issue and find out how thick the display itself is.

The 100x100mm mounts are offset, so you need to make sure you have an adapter to accommodate. See my post earlier in this thread for a picture of the rear mounting holes. The display weighs 16lbs without the stand.

It's offset about 5cm to the right or left depending on which set of mounting holes you use. I use a radial arm (Innovative 7500), so it doesn't affect my stability at all. The arm is securely mounted to my desk. A stand might not work well unless it has a way to counter-balance the shift in weight distribution. Below is a picture that should give you a good idea.

Thank you sir.

And thank you as well!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Can anyone comment on the wide gamut on this DS?

Is there a way to tame it, even slightly, or are those that really hate the wide gamut not able to correct the problem?

I'm in the market for a 26-30" and this looks like the second best so far, behind the NEC. From what I hear the NEC is able to change the gamut to a more standard setting, but the DS cannot. Of course this monitor is nearly $600 less, so it makes it MUCH more attractive.

Can anyone help?

I've got nothing insightful to add to this thread but I just wanted to let everyone know I got mine today and it is beaaaaaauuuuuutifullll. Perfectly even back-lighting and not a single dead/stuck pixel. I got it off newegg so I took a huge gamble but I guess I win this time :)

Does anyone know how to use Toasty's .ICC profile? I thought all I had to do was manually copy his settings for but I guess I need a program to load the profile as well?

Settings used:

DV MODE: TEXT
BRIGHTNESS: 12.5%
CONTRAST: 50.0%
SHARPNESS: 40.0%

RED GAIN: 100.0%
GREEN GAIN: 100.0%
BLUE GAIN: 100.0%
RED OFFSET: 50.0%
GREEN OFFSET: 25.0%
BLUE OFFSET: 50.0%
SATURATION: 0.0%

Yes, this monitor is beautiful.

I sprung for the NEC because the DS-263N has been out of stock in Canada FOREVER, but since the panel is the same, I can vouch for the excellent display quality of this screen.

It's definitely a better deal than the Planar PX2611W (which is essentially identical). A nice scenario would be if Planar lowered the price and then initially stock would be ok, until everyone figured it out and then got this one too, and then global stock would go down again :)

Regards,

10e

I hate you, I ordered on Friday and have to wait till tomorrow to get mine. They apparently decided to ship from California.

Can those who did get their order in to Newegg report if the one they received has the filter?

Thanks,
RCraig

How do we check this, I will not be able to until tomorrow, but once I get mine I will look and take a few photos.

mine is coming today, UPS guy normally shows up around 5pm...currently 1:44 pm

I just hope i dont have a bad batch of dead pixels ;/

I will take pictures and post them of course but I'm going to hold off a few days until the monitor has had a chance to burn in and the rest of my computer upgrades get here =)

Anyone else see this pop into stock at Newegg for a few minutes?

I ordered one, and then went back to check and now it's out of stock...

Think I'm good?

Back