Doom Eternal

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
GMG is selling this cheap so I took a shot. I am having the freezing issue that a lot of people seemed to never fully figure out. Anyone got anything on that or am I headed for a refund? I liked the 5 minutes or so that I got to play it.

I had a similar issue, but I found it related to GPU overslocking, had to set my 2080Ti back to stock. may not be the issue you're encountering.

jobert

Weaksauce
This game is fucking infuriating as its too damn hard for me. I have no problems admitting I suck as I am not a competitive gamer at all but I never had any issues with Doom 2016. About an hour into this game I die over and over and over even on the easiest damn difficulty setting. No way to do a refund either.

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah, the game is really hard but not impossible. You have to be strategic. Make sure to use the chainsaw when you get getting low on health/ammo.

If you are fighting a big monster, try to pick off some small guys every now and then to get items from them.

Also read the tips on the loading screen. Many monsters can only be killed using a certain weapon, and if you know their weak spot you can kill them easily.

jobert

Weaksauce
I am playing on easy for reason so I cant figure out why they made it so hard. Doom 2016 was never even a challenge until the final boss so I expected the same here on the same difficulty setting. It is just money down the drain now as I have lost all interest in doing the same fights a dozen times in a row.

Drexion

[H]ard|Gawd
I am playing on easy
You are correct, the game is a lot less casual accessible than any of the previous titles. They made quite a few changes with this title that caused a lot of negative feedback from long term fans of the series.

That said you can always download a trainer for the game, it's a third party app which lets you enable things like more health, ammo, damage etc (basically single player cheats). After a while of playing with the trainer enabled you might just get the hang of the game enough to the point where you won't need it anymore.

jobert

Weaksauce
You are correct, the game is a lot less casual accessible than any of the previous titles. They made quite a few changes with this title that caused a lot of negative feedback from long term fans of the series.

That said you can always download a trainer for the game, it's a third party app which lets you enable things like more health, ammo, damage etc (basically single player cheats). After a while of playing with the trainer enabled you might just get the hang of the game enough to the point where you won't need it anymore.
Yeah I know what trainers are as I have been gaming for 20 years but had not looked one for this game yet. I did look around today and found a trainer to use but it does sort of kill the game with infinite health on knowing I cant die at all. I think I will play around with some of the other options in the trainer and only use infinite health if I cant get through an area after a few tries. They really should have left the easiest setting just like it was in Doom 2016 though.

On the subject of hard games I used to hate Control and I complained quite a bit on the discord about how stupid with it was to have only difficulty setting. Luckily they had that update which allowed some assist options and the game is now enjoyable. One game I wasted money on and will never finish is Bloodborne and its my own fault for not paying closer attention to the type of game it was and Sony's return policy.

Armenius

Fully [H]
I am playing on easy for reason so I cant figure out why they made it so hard. Doom 2016 was never even a challenge until the final boss so I expected the same here on the same difficulty setting. It is just money down the drain now as I have lost all interest in doing the same fights a dozen times in a row.
What are you finding difficult about it? If you are playing like you did in 2016 then I can understand why you're having a hard time. Admittedly, Eternal is pretty hard at the start, but it starts to get easier as you unlock more guns and abilities. You need to keep on the move and not neglect your chainsaw or glory kills.

jobert

Weaksauce
What are you finding difficult about it? If you are playing like you did in 2016 then I can understand why you're having a hard time. Admittedly, Eternal is pretty hard at the start, but it starts to get easier as you unlock more guns and abilities. You need to keep on the move and not neglect your chainsaw or glory kills.
I just have a really slow reaction time and do not do good in crazy fast-paced scenarios. It's one of the reasons I don't care anything about multiplayer games. I usually play most games with my Xbox one controller but it was laughable trying to play this game with it and I don't know how the console players do it as I feel keyboard mouse are almost a must. I had thought about asking if it would actually get any easier but it's been my experience that most games actually get harder as you progress.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
the key to Doom Eternal is that you always need to be on the move...keep track of your Health/Armor/Ammo and use the appropriate tool to refill...if you stay still too long you'll die...most of the battle arenas are pretty big so there's plenty of room...once you get used to the rhythm of the gameplay then you'll find it much easier...a lot of the enemies on the various level are just fodder and don't pose a real threat, they are just there for you to glory kill or chainsaw so you can refill your stats

I haven't played the DLC yet but I hear that it's even more difficult- I love it!