Dishonored

I have two nipples. You don't see me bragging about those though. That came out wrong.

Meh, I just don't want to play it twice. I googled the other ending.

Probably be the same for me. This game throws too many cool toys at me for me to stay non lethal entire time. I just can't do it. ;)

For me, the game is worth two playthroughs for sure. Non-lethal ninja style, and a run-and-gun f shit up Rambo bad ass.

Just got around to trying this since I've finished Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3. I like the art style, but it sure looks to me like the UT3 engine is really showing its age. Aside from that, it reminds me of Bioshock (which I loved) so I'm enjoying it so far.

Necroing this; Just got it on Steam 50% off (breaking my own rule to not pay more than $10, but there is literally nothing else to play out there), and gfx performance at max details on 1920x1200 is often very jerky. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to display FPS but it literally slideshows for a second when rapidly turning at 90 deg FOV.

I am running an HD 6970 and would expect full 60 FPS at all times on UE3 which is basically older than the card I am running it on.

User error or shitty console port?

Necroing this; Just got it on Steam 50% off (breaking my own rule to not pay more than $10, but there is literally nothing else to play out there), and gfx performance at max details on 1920x1200 is often very jerky. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to display FPS but it literally slideshows for a second when rapidly turning at 90 deg FOV.

I am running an HD 6970 and would expect full 60 FPS at all times on UE3 which is basically older than the card I am running it on.

User error or shitty console port?

You won't regret the purchase. It's a great game. :)

I'm assuming you've toggled v sync on and off and all that usual experimenting?

I know some of this has been covered throughout this rather large thread unfortunately I can't remember it all off the top of my head.

See if any of this does anything for you. Probably some repeats:

http://segmentnext.com/2012/10/10/dishonored-pc-tweaks-guide-graphics-and-performance/

http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-improve-dishonored-with-ini-file-tweaks/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2964837

http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226639&postcount=1

^^ I need to do that bodies one myself.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dishonored-can-look-gorgeous-vanilla-vs-modded-comparison/

^^ I might have to mess around with that, too.

Too bad they haven't put out some kind of a high rez texture pack like Bethesda did with Skryim to really put this thing over the top.

You won't regret the purchase. It's a great game. :)

I'm assuming you've toggled v sync on and off and all that usual experimenting?

Yeah I need to have vsync on (FPW2405 here) or there is a lot of tearing during movement.

Setting bSmoothFrameRate to FALSE did it, the stuttering is gone. Thanks for posting the links!

Yeah I need to have vsync on (FPW2405 here) or there is a lot of tearing during movement.

Setting bSmoothFrameRate to FALSE did it, the stuttering is gone. Thanks for posting the links!

Enjoy! :)

very overrated game in my opinion...not a bad game but not as amazing as a lot of reviews seem to indicate...good game but got severely overhyped

Just completed the KoD DLC. Pretty good. Didn't really enjoy the last mission given that it reused a map I already didn't enjoy the first time, but I can forgive them that. More Dishonored is always good.

Seven hours to fully stealth /w no kills ("Whisper Ways" + "Cleaner Hands"), plus getting all runes and charms.

WARNING: There's a timed element to the last mission, if you're a completionist, don't let it scew you. It'll be fairly obvious what it is when you get there.

Just finished the DLC as well. Talk about a cliffhanger ending! There was a lot left unresolved. Hopefully, a new DLC will address this. I enjoyed playing Daud as much or more than Corvo.

Just finished the DLC as well. Talk about a cliffhanger ending! There was a lot left unresolved. Hopefully, a new DLC will address this. I enjoyed playing Daud as much or more than Corvo.

There are two endings for this DLC like the main game.

I hope there's more where this came from.

So the DLC is that much awesome ? I've enjoyed the main game, being all stealthy and sneaky, although the last mission I just stop-timed passed everyone.

Great to read the reviews on the DLC, I haven't picked up the game yet but will during the summer sales or end of year. :D

I agree with it being overhyped. It's okay. Insanely overhyped though.

It's a pretty damned good game, though.

I always recommend to people to play it on max difficulty with ALL the hand holders turned off and angle for less violent, more stealth, brainy approaches and that's when this game really shines.

I agree with it being overhyped. It's okay. Insanely overhyped though.

I'm dissapointed, because I was really hoping you'd get more freedom. I may be mistaken, but I heard it was desgined by a team including the original creator of the Thief games. I was hoping for some freeform sneaking and stealing.

Not to say it was bad, it did pioneer some cool ideas and had some fun abilities, but I'm looking forward to someone that takes the concepts and goes further with them.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with it, too. I got bored pretty quickly when I realized how linear it actually was.

Out of curiosity, did you feel the same way about BioShock Inifnite, Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, Deus Ex HR, or Singularity?

They all had the same amount of linearity.

(assuming you've played any of these)

I'm enjoying the game. Picked it up for 10 bones and some change. Definitely worth the pop.

I feel like the game is good, but falls a bit short in a few small places. It's making me look forward to the new Thief or a sequel to this game.

This bears repeating - if you're going for Clean Hands/Ghost - DON'T KILL ANY DOGS. They count, don't let anything you've read tell you otherwise. Try to avoid them completely and don't use sleep darts unless you have to. There's a weird bug with sleep darts that can sometimes kill the target, so if you have to use one, make sure there's no pool of blood and walk up to it to make sure it says "unconscious" if possible.

This may have been what ruined my initial run through as my stat sheet at the end of every mission was completely clean, with Ghost and Didn't Kill Anyone being checked off. I was incredibly meticulous with hiding bodies and moving through places slowly so this was a bit of an annoyance when I finished the game.

Only other thing may have been a glitch near the end of the game when you have to make an integral decision (trying not to spoil it for people here). I knocked the person out and was definitely not seen as I got the Shadow achievement at the end, but the game may have considered this a kill despite the stat sheet saying otherwise. It may be safer to use a dart in this case. Or... avoid the situation completely.

Did a blisteringly fast second run through, killing no dogs and avoiding that situation entirely by skipping early missions, and got Ghost/Clean Hands without trouble.

This bears repeating - if you're going for Clean Hands/Ghost - DON'T KILL ANY DOGS. They count, don't let anything you've read tell you otherwise. Try to avoid them completely and don't use sleep darts unless you have to. There's a weird bug with sleep darts that can sometimes kill the target, so if you have to use one, make sure there's no pool of blood and walk up to it to make sure it says "unconscious" if possible.

This may have been what ruined my initial run through as my stat sheet at the end of every mission was completely clean, with Ghost and Didn't Kill Anyone being checked off. I was incredibly meticulous with hiding bodies and moving through places slowly so this was a bit of an annoyance when I finished the game.

Only other thing may have been a glitch near the end of the game when you have to make an integral decision (trying not to spoil it for people here). I knocked the person out and was definitely not seen as I got the Shadow achievement at the end, but the game may have considered this a kill despite the stat sheet saying otherwise. It may be safer to use a dart in this case. Or... avoid the situation completely.

Did a blisteringly fast second run through, killing no dogs and avoiding that situation entirely by skipping early missions, and got Ghost/Clean Hands without trouble.

I was never that interested in Ghost/Clean Hands, I just kept killing to a minimum to reduce the number of plague rats nearby. In fact, I would come up to a group of 3 or 4 guards, kill 3 and leave one alive, but unconcious, to give him "survivor's guilt". I wouldn't do that often, but only when I had some hilariously cruel methods to kill people with.

I'm having a lot of fun with the game, learning the different techniques/tactics. So far I'm very impressed and well worth the Steam sale price plus dlc.

I went for the no-kill playthrough and failed. from what I noticed if you toss unconscious guards too far it can kill them.

I went for the no-kill playthrough and failed. from what I noticed if you toss unconscious guards too far it can kill them.

That's right, and these types will show up as kills at the end of a mission.

As soon as you render anyone unconscious you have to keep them safe or their death is your fault. Throw them into water, they drown. Leave them where rats can get to them and eat them, and it will count against you as well.

The game only tracks so many bodies though (hello consoles!) so if you're taking out a lot of enemies you only have to worry about the last five or so.

I killed everyone.
I was a complete psychopath, I even went out of my way to bait rats to eat people I knocked out.

I'll try a stealthier run later on, I bet it's a lot of fun.

I killed everyone.
I was a complete psychopath, I even went out of my way to bait rats to eat people I knocked out.

I'll try a stealthier run later on, I bet it's a lot of fun.

You'll get a better ending if you can keep the killing to a minimum.

I kill everyone in my path, I don't want clean hands, what's the point of being a super bad ass mystical spymaster if you don't use your powers for evil? :p

I will try Clean Hands once I finish my first play through. I also bought the game + all DLC during the Steam sale and the initial hour of gameplay really grabbed me and I can't wait to play some more soon!

I really think that the story so far seems designed to put you in the right mindset to empathize with the main character and put yourself in his shoes. A good story is what I really look for to bring together the full measure of immersion.

I do have a question. I bought the DLC Bundle which gives me access to those weapon packs and bone charms and whatnot, when do I get them in game or how do I access those?

Oh the maid? She's gonna run off and get the guards? I DON'T THINK SO

STABBITY STAB STAB STABBITY STAB !!! Oh, and let me throw your body into a pile of rats for good measure. Oh and then I'll possess the rat and consume your flesh. Then when your body is down to a torso I'll pick you up and chuck you into a wall of light.

Clean hands? Not so much.

Oh the maid? She's gonna run off and get the guards? I DON'T THINK SO

STABBITY STAB STAB STABBITY STAB !!! Oh, and let me throw your body into a pile of rats for good measure. Oh and then I'll possess the rat and consume your flesh. Then when your body is down to a torso I'll pick you up and chuck you into a wall of light.

Clean hands? Not so much.

That was mostly me, too.

I would always start off trying to remain unnoticed and not killing. If at any point I failed at that though, the gloves came off and I just taking out everyone in my way.

I'm late to the party with this game, but I'm having fun with it. I'll never be one of those stealth players (I do enough waiting around for people to act in real life), but I don't necessarily think I'm going for the full-on bloodbath approach either. I'm just doing whatever feels right at the time.

The game reminds me a little bit of a cross between the TES games, Bioshock, Half-Life 2, and even a little bit of Undying.

With the end of the summer doldrums in full effect, this is a fun pick-up if you like those games.

Back