Dishonored

I like the part about the guy jumping then blinking the rest of the way. Almost sounds like a Steam Punk version of Elder Scroll.

Looks very promising, however I wont get my hopes up.

I'm looking forward to this one, it's being developed by Arkane, the people who made Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

They also hired Harvey Smith co-designer of Deus Ex and Viktor Antonov who designed City 17 from Half-Life 2.

So its like a hitman-skyrim-bioshock mishmash, should be interesting.

I'm looking forward to this one, it's being developed by Arkane, the people who made Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

They also hired Harvey Smith co-designer of Deus Ex and Viktor Antonov who designed City 17 from Half-Life 2.

I'd be lying if i said this didn't get me really excited.

Yea, we've made a couple threads about it. Glad to see some updates. This could be great.

The newest Detonators apparently added SLI performance for this yet there is no official release date yet even? Soon I guess possibly?

Is that a good thing? I'd always heard Dark Messiah was a pretty poor game. I rented it once and played through the first stage or two but didn't really get into it.

Isn't Bethesda working on this game too?

Is that a good thing? I'd always heard Dark Messiah was a pretty poor game. I rented it once and played through the first stage or two but didn't really get into it.

It has an average of 8.7 user score on Metacritic based on 789 reviews. I enjoyed Dark Messiah, it gave you a lot of interesting physics based ways to kill your enemies. It definitely had one of the best melee fps combat systems, Skyrim could learn a thing or two from it.

Bethesda is the publisher.

Dark Messiah was an underrated gem with a melee system that the Elder Scrolls games should have incorporated or closely emulated.

I love how here in 2012, the graphic detail of that game is basically identical to Bioshock.. you know, that one game that came out in 2007

This sounds really good to be honest, as a massive Thief fan I can't wait to get my hands on a game like this, not enough sneaking in games these days with deep game mechanics and lots of choice.

Graphics look alright I guess, it's nothing special and I wouldn't expect that these days until the next wave of consoles, so what's new? Art direction looks good though, I love steam punk.

Dark Messiah was a great game, IMO. The beginning was a little slow, and it took some getting used to, however, I think overall it was extremely underrated. As mentioned above, the physics were great. It was a bit more difficult than most mainstream RPGs in some spots which made it even better IMO. The thought the story was decent and the acting was a bit cheesy but not bad overall. If you sort of take on a teenage boy mindset, it's a ton of fun.

Back on subject - Dishonored looks really great. Been watching this one for a little bit now and I'm excited for it.

I don't see the issue, the graphics look pretty good to me. Not every game's gonna look like BF3...open world games in particular. Besides, there's a good chance the visual quality will look better upon release than the videos we're watching now.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/microsoft-says-no-new-xbox-anytime-soon/19128

There's your reason why.

Other than that, I'm definitely eager to see how this game turns out.

Oh i'm very eager indeed. I may bitch and moan a lot, but obviously there's nothing I can do about the lack of progress on the graphics front. As you pointed out, the consoles control the rate of growth. Looks like 2014 until we see game developers start pushing the limits in what they can pull off graphically.

I'd actually like to see better controllers (more than 16 buttons) and keyboard/mouse support so we stop getting these fucking retarded UI's.

This would make me happier than new hardware would, any day.

More buttons on the controller is something I've been asking for a long time. Obviously it's a cost issue but I don't see why they couldn't add at least 2 more buttons on the face. They would go a long way. If they wanted to go even further, they could at 2 more shoulder buttons for a total of 2 shoulder buttons and a trigger, per side.

As for mouse support, I'm torn on that. I love the fact that you can pick up and play literally every console game with a controller. I do all my gaming laying in bed. If they added mouse support to consoles, my concern would be that some developers would simply port the PC version of their games to console and not integrate full controller support. If they added mouse support strictly as an option, I'd have no problem with it. Ofcourse, then you'd have the issue of people who game with controllers getting owned by people using a mouse in FPS multiplayer.

oo that trailer makes it seem quite a lot better. I'd like to see some gameplay..

Even though that trailer is pre-rendered, I am totally pumped for this game because of the setting, premise, back story and art direction! Thank god there are developers out there who are interested in trying something novel rather than shoveling out the same tired old military shooter clone.

I have much interest for this title and I hope it delivers. However, the premise of the game is that your character, Corvo, has supernatural powers granting him the ability to teleport, freeze time and possess. One of my concerns how this will balance in regards to the AI without the protagonist feeling over-powered.

Last edited:
Looking really good, I get a Thief vibe from this and since we have no news on Thief4 this is on my radar right now :)

Looking really good, I get a Thief vibe from this and since we have no news on Thief4 this is on my radar right now :)

I've pretty much forgotten about that and written it off for now since it's been dead silent.

Obviously with this, a trailer is a trailer. I'd like to see some gameplay footage before long.

Looks like one of the only good games coming out this year. I'm excited for it.

Yeah, you can see the hl2 influences in the bit from 00:27-00:35 seconds into the video.

Back