Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

If you want to see lots of upgrades, start a new toon and play from the start. Just some of the gear along the way is pretty cool.

RNG is messing with me... played for 2h30 last night doing T3 without a death....

1 Legend...stupid Sky Splitter :rolleyes::mad:

Still only one good legend found in a week :( and it was the only upgrade in my gears

The more elite-tier stuff you have from loot 1.0, the more difficult it's going to be to find direct upgrades. If you're farming T3 comfortably then you're likely already geared pretty well, so the "+300 mStat, +300 vit" items that the people who quit after 2 weeks are getting excited about now aren't going to do it for you.

Until we start getting stuff from the higher level RoS mobs we aren't going to be replacing Skorns and trifectas left and right, and when we do it will likely just be stuff with bigger numbers that replaces them. Right now the legendary affixes are what's keeping loot interesting; the legendaries with no special effects or unconventional mods are basically just more trash rates of a different color.

I am having trouble finding upgrades for any of my characters that I like to play. Since its a 50% increase exp till ROS launches, I started up a new monk to play fresh. Legendaries drop pretty regularly in the leveling process. I'm interested to see how quick I can get upgrades when I have a fresh 60.

These Legendaries are definitely interesting, i found a chest that reduces resource cost on fire skills considerably and increases its damage with 300 str 300 vit.

Note that most melee skills have an element attached to them now.

These Legendaries are definitely interesting, i found a chest that reduces resource cost on fire skills considerably and increases its damage with 300 str 300 vit.

Note that most melee skills have an element attached to them now.

Very cool. That's how they should have been from the start. Build changing. You get a new legendary and it makes you want to pair it with the right moves to maximize effectiveness.

Can't wait to dive into this one a bit! (damn real life)

Very cool. That's how they should have been from the start. Build changing. You get a new legendary and it makes you want to pair it with the right moves to maximize effectiveness.

Can't wait to dive into this one a bit! (damn real life)

That would be the new Cindercoat, btw. :)

I actually replaced a Mempo last night with a Mask of Jeram that had 499 int, 85 all res, 438 armor (749 total armor), 15% goldfind (yay), a socket, plus that "pets deal 96% more damage" legendary mod. Pretty interesting.

Actually finished two sets in the span of a few days. Got the compass rose and the necklace that goes with it. Also got 4 pieces of the Natalya's (hunter) set completing the set bonus. I played the original D3 for so long and only ever found a handful of set items.. and never from the same set.

Also found a quiver that increases the number of sentries by 2
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bombadiers-rucksack
however I found that sentries are still rather lackluster because of the 6 second cooldown between casts. Maybe there's some other way to take advantage of it I'm not seeing?

It's nice they added the "highest usable" to the crafting menu.

Am i missing something or is there no way to see your current damage range?

I'm curios because I can't figure out how the game treats dual wielding. I see that it makes your attack speed go up, but i'm unable to see the affect on my damage range. Kinda silly to have this huge page of stats and not include the damage range. I guess i could do the math and divide my dps by my attack speed, but that'd only give me the average.

Last edited:
I found some Lut Socks and ohh man are they awesome! I can get 3 leaps off before the cooldown will kick in, so i paired it up with Death From Above and Thunderstrike for amazing stun time and damage. I can actually leap -> HotA three times before the cooldown kicks in too, so it's better than just 3 jumps. The class is so much more fun when you aren't completely locked down by cooldowns.

Also rocking a Chilanik’s Chain which basically gives me a free 10-second sprint when I use War Cry, and I'm using the 50 fury rune to keep feeding my HotA. Fun stuff.

Wow the loot still sucks now, killing elites and getting one shitty rare is a damn joke and the few legendaries that has dropped so far hasnt been anything special... and now that they soon remove AH for good it will be hard to get decent gear with all the leftover gold u have... and crafting sucks ass too spent way to much on that only good a good set of bracers.

Wow the loot still sucks now, killing elites and getting one shitty rare is a damn joke and the few legendaries that has dropped so far hasnt been anything special... and now that they soon remove AH for good it will be hard to get decent gear with all the leftover gold u have... and crafting sucks ass too spent way to much on that only good a good set of bracers.

wah wah wah

there is some truth to this. However if you just take a look at the planned level 70 gear you should already know that anything and everything you current have will be completely useless once you hit level 70 so it doesn't really matter.

I have made about 100 million in the auction house selling trash for like 5 million each....Why are people buying items right now? Do they really not know know that RoS is just around the corner and a ladder is likely coming as well.

Though I do understand spending some gold on Magic Find Items as they are now useful.

I have made about 100 million in the auction house selling trash for like 5 million each....Why are people buying items right now? Do they really not know know that RoS is just around the corner and a ladder is likely coming as well.

Yeah, I dunno either. Also Exquisite Essences are going for like 3k apiece, so at my lower level (30 or so) I have been selling off some of those that I get for breaking down the tons of trash blues I get every time I play, for like 100k a set. I'm already up over 1 mil gold just selling junk rares and essences.

I dunno... I am getting amazing loot left and right.. but I will say I didn't get a legendary item for killing Belial (hell difficulty) which was surprising. I felt a bit let down by that.

Though I do understand spending some gold on Magic Find Items as they are now useful.

MF does work now?

I was thinking they removed all this MF crap and it was only relative to the Torment level since they removed the NV.

Guess I should play my sorc with her depth diggers and witching hour, both with MF then ;)

Is there ever going to be ladder seasons again? Or is that just a pipe dream of mine and no one cares?

I have had rather successful crafting and looting and I have only crafted like 20 or so items. If I max out my DPS my wizard is sitting at 360K DPS.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075789

Really digging the wizard 2.0. The Familiar does way more damage then you'd think. Put on a fast casting Spell like Lightning blast at 140% the Familiar does 179% and shoots just as fast. Pop on Gale Fore hit them with a Tornado to get 15% more damage then go to electric town with their asses.

MF does work now?

I was thinking they removed all this MF crap and it was only relative to the Torment level since they removed the NV.

Guess I should play my sorc with her depth diggers and witching hour, both with MF then ;)

Magic find always worked but with diminishing returns and they started you with all you needed when you did monster power. Now that they start you with 0 once you get above 100 you really start to notice the difference. I'm around 150 with good DPS and find all kinds of stuff (mostly shit though).

Is there ever going to be ladder seasons again? Or is that just a pipe dream of mine and no one cares?

Its all speculative at this point. But if I were to put money on it I'd say yes a ladder will happen. Once RoS drops all gear in the game will become instantly outdated which is pretty much a ladder reset. A level 70 weapon does like 2000-3000 damage which even without stats renders everything else useless. The only items that might still be useful are really good trifecta gloves, rings, and Amulets but even that is unlikely.

Because of loot 2.0 focus on Primary stat and Vit on almost every piece of gear getting IAS, CRIT, and CRITDMG is either extremely rare or even impossible....I haven't seen one yet.

Last edited:
I dunno... I am getting amazing loot left and right.. but I will say I didn't get a legendary item for killing Belial (hell difficulty) which was surprising. I felt a bit let down by that.

It feels like the end bosses are a higher base chance than rare packs but it is certainly not guaranteed. I find that if I recently got a legendary (10-15 minutes) before and end act boss, the chances are low. However, at 30'ish minutes since last it's almost certain I'll get one.

One thing I can say for certain is that in each solid hour of actual game play, I have gotten at least one legendary. Of those, the greater majority are tested for being unique enough to change up my build.

The most recent case of this was doing ubers last night and getting the bracers that increase move speed on breaking an environmental object. It also increased cold skill damage by 20%! This made my frost orb start critting for WELL over 1m damage, where I was using disentegration ray before.

Overall very impressed with the changes in loot and gameplay balance changes and that secured 2 expansion upgrade purchases from my wife and I.

It's the last hurrah for the auction house and I haven't seen it this busy since launch. People are buying damn near anything. I can't understand why, but whatever, sell, sell, sell! I've never had so much gold.

It looks like recipe books only drop if you can learn the recipe. I've found two copies of the 6-slot pants, they sell for millions. And it can drop again since I never learned it. Crazy.

It's the last hurrah for the auction house and I haven't seen it this busy since launch. People are buying damn near anything. I can't understand why, but whatever, sell, sell, sell! I've never had so much gold.

It looks like recipe books only drop if you can learn the recipe. I've found two copies of the 6-slot pants, they sell for millions. And it can drop again since I never learned it. Crazy.

Yup, kinda pisses me off too cause I put up a skorn thinking no one would buy it, so I throw it up for 1 min and bought instantly.

It's nice they added the "highest usable" to the crafting menu.

Am i missing something or is there no way to see your current damage range?

I'm curios because I can't figure out how the game treats dual wielding. I see that it makes your attack speed go up, but i'm unable to see the affect on my damage range. Kinda silly to have this huge page of stats and not include the damage range. I guess i could do the math and divide my dps by my attack speed, but that'd only give me the average.

Anyone know this bit? IMO "DPS" is an insufficient metric to really determine how you want to gear based on the moves you're using. Meteor, for instance, you'd want to have high top end instead of attack speed to maximize dps.

Or, do moves simply look at whatever your dps number is and use that, disregarding your damage range?

I have been wondering about stats myself, because I will find an item with a much higher armor or DPS rating, but down in the bottom it will say my overall damage or toughness will decrease versus what I currently have equipped. So I guess those numbers don't actually matter? This is nothing to say of the other attributes the item may have though, of course.

Anyone know this bit? IMO "DPS" is an insufficient metric to really determine how you want to gear based on the moves you're using. Meteor, for instance, you'd want to have high top end instead of attack speed to maximize dps.

Or, do moves simply look at whatever your dps number is and use that, disregarding your damage range?

DPS is perfect metric as long as you understand what Damage Per Second means. Divide DPS by attacks per second and you'll get your per hit DPS.

You want High DPS and Attack speed for attacks that have triggers like life steal, stun, resource gain, or SparkFlint.

High Damage per attack is what you want for High resource bomb droppers like meteor or even things like Hydra. Also uses less resorces for channeling abilities.

Its always good to have 2 gear setups to cover both.

DPS is perfect metric as long as you understand what Damage Per Second means. Divide DPS by attacks per second and you'll get your per hit DPS.

You want High DPS and Attack speed for attacks that have triggers like life steal, stun, resource gain, or SparkFlint.

High Damage per attack is what you want for High resource bomb droppers like meteor or even things like Hydra. Also uses less resorces for channeling abilities.

Its always good to have 2 gear setups to cover both.

Okay thanks, that's what i was thinking. It's still silly to make us do that math when they're trying to make a simple game. Just add one more stat in the details screen or on hover of DPS which shows the breakdown. Either way, i'll indeed be wanting two different sets of gear.

As for dual wielding, does the offhand ever attack or is it basically just a stat stick like a quiver is?

Yeah 2-handers suck still. I thought they'd increase the damage but it doesn't look like it. I think the problem stems from the fact that Crusaders can wield a 2-hander AND a shield... so they're balancing around that unfortunately (just like Monks and single resistances).

That said, there's a specific 2H Sword that procs a projectile that does 300% weapon damage on every attack. It's so good the only thing my Barb friend considered ditching it for was 2 1400 dps 1-handers.

From a Blizzard dev post.

There is currently a bug with two-handed Legendary weapons sometimes rolling their minimum and maximum damage as if it was a one-handed weapon. We're planning on addressing this in the next patch, but it didn't make it in time for patch 2.0.2. It hasn't kept me from using my new Maximus, but it'll certainly be nice when they're all rolling damage in their intended range. Thanks for letting us know about the issue, and we'll see you in Sanctuary!

How is that going to be balanced when a Crusader can wield a 2 hander and a shield?

I was playing with a friend earlier tonight and he was complaining that he was playing by himself a bit and not getting any legendaries. Later I played for about 1/2 hour by myself and got 2 legendaries...lolol

I have to say I like the new changes in Patch 2.01. It really feels like a different game, lots of fun again and feeling so much smoother. (No hitching/stuttering anymore and higher more consistent frames)

Having said that, I want to hold off playing seriously until RoS is released. Really looking forward to play Act 5 and go against Malthael (I don't think they revealed anything about the boss fight so far) with a Demon Hunter first, and then playing a new game with the Crusader, which IMHO is looking very fun to play.

Nephalem Rifts/Adventure Mode are other features I'm looking forward to, those should (hopefully) add a lot more variety and choice to the game. I got tired grinding/farming the same mostly static environments in vanilla D3.

Last edited:
Jumped back on last night. I got two legendaries on my demon hunter in an hour. One of them was an upgrade. The way it tells you your toughness and healing in addition to the dps number is nice. But I think it's a little bit misleading for toughness and healing.

Got a few upgrades on a character that had beat inferno before. They weren't earth shattering, but it's alright. My cheap ass bow is apparently still very good. They haven't changed crit and crit dmg scaling... so I guess that's still king. Oh well.

I think I'll hold off putting serious time into it until ROS, but I like the changes.

I think if you hold CTRL or Shift when comparing items it will show you what the max roll possibility is for each stat.

Oh and I seem to get a legendary every couple hours. Reset the game and the only boss that consistently dropped them was Skeleton King. Even Diablo dropped blues and rares. Don't know how it's supposed to work, but just relating my experience for anyone that cares. ;)

And whatever relay, hop, router, server, switch between me and the servers need to DIAF. 1,900ms spikes suck. :) At least the server didn't kick me so I got to finish off Diablo even though I lagged out for nearly 30 seconds.

Just realized that DH don't need a bow to use Bola Shot anymore - melee DH's rejoice! (I was building one anyway so this is great news)

Gonna break out the Sever build and give it a try with all the new buffed values of Impale, Chakram, etc.

By the way, I finally got around to checking my ping in D3.

While I was playing with a friend last night, it was around 130 or so. Not terrible, but not great either.

Later that evening I played by myself a bit and it was closer to 80. So I dunno what's going on there.

I live in NW Washington.

While I was playing with a friend last night, it was around 130 or so. Not terrible, but not great either.

Later that evening I played by myself a bit and it was closer to 80. So I dunno what's going on there.

I live in NW Washington.

I'm usually between 30 and 50 in Seattle. Rubber banding is almost completely gone for me even when Tempest rushing.

But I think I'm done again until who knows when. Dark Souls 2 is getting ready to drop and while I'm totally excited (except for the $40 price tag) for RoS it just can't compare to Dark Souls 2.

I live in NW Washington.

I'm getting 101 right now at my house, and I also get 100~ish pings when I tether my phone to my laptop. The game has always played fine with pings like that.

When the game finally launched most people had pings in the 200-300 range (average, not spikes) and the game still performed decently well, although I'm not sure how.

Back