Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Again, you're assuming that I don't enjoy just smashing the monsters for the fun of it, or that I enjoy the game less the more items I have.

If I have a number of items that will let me make a powerful fire-focused build, but am missing a single key item, how is it game breaking if I trade for that item? Only RNG is keeping me from having the item, and I may have found an item of equal power that I don't plan to use so why not trade? Your goal may be to get more stuff, but mine may be to get the stuff that allows me to play more, but in a certain way.

Interesting view.

I guess it just depends how its done really. the AH is broken because of how accessible items are to people who have nothing. you dont have to earn anything in the game to be successful. if you can prevent that than why not have it.

I was pretty indifferent about the RMAH (used it a few times, but left it alone for the most part) and found the gold AH very convenient. I wonder how trading will work now. I've never really seen Blizzard actually remove large game features like this before. Once they add something in-game, they usually try to tweak it to make it work somehow. Even the Starcraft 2 units that were considered to be cut from the game were eventually kept. Either the times have changed yet again, allowing them to make such a sweeping change on a whim, or the reason to cut the AH far exceeded any other reasons we've ever seen in the history of their design philosophy.

Hopefully they have another system in place for easy trades.

I really, really don't want to be spamming Trade chat.

Fucking finally, but I'm afraid it's a bit too late. They lost a good chunk of the more hardcore players a long time ago (I played the game since the Friends & Family beta and stopped 6months or so ago). It's pretty evident the people that are left do not generate enough revenue to justify the up keep of the AH.
The only way I'll go back is if I get the expansion for free. I bought a collector's edition plus a Digital copy and they've yet to deliver all the features that were cut out. Chances are I will get it, I already talked them into giving me 4 free physical authenticators (2 for my 2 accounts and 2 for my brother's 2 accounts). I'm gonna tell them to take the digital copy and convert it to an expansion key. I'll update this post when the expansion is released.

Well crap, I suppose the only part left to keep me from restarting is know how far behind I am in everything. I suppose if a full restart came with D3's reinvention, I would actually start playing again. . . Though I image few feel like me in that regard ;).

I'm sorry for forcing you to read what I have to say. Someday you may be bestowed with self awareness and be able to break these bonds, but today is not that day.

I'm leaning towards that being the case. Perhaps the return of the gambling vendor?

What ever happened to rune words? maybe they'll add that.

Well crap, I suppose the only part left to keep me from restarting is know how far behind I am in everything. I suppose if a full restart came with D3's reinvention, I would actually start playing again. . . Though I image few feel like me in that regard ;).

Ladders are already confirmed along with the introduction of the expansion, you won't be behind anyone.

I'm sorry for forcing you to read what I have to say. Someday you may be bestowed with self awareness and be able to break these bonds, but today is not that day.

Who said anything about being forced? I just wanted you to know that your opinions aren't valued. Seriously, your approach in this thread mirrors that of those crazy Westboro folks, except that it's someone enjoying a Blizzard product that gets you all riled up.

Now break out that crystal ball again and tell me some more stuff about my enjoyment level of Reaper of Souls.

Now break out that crystal ball again and tell me some more stuff about my enjoyment level of Reaper of Souls.

You're gonna like it but........

You should be ****ing hating it because I'm the only one that knows what fun is. I will make up reasons to hate it, and ignore any and every counter argument

On a serious note...

Pretty clever email message delivery method on Blizzards part.

Subject: NOTICE: Diablo III Auction House Closure

"NOTICE:" in all caps and ending with "Closure"
Just skimming through my emails and that definitely caught my eye, almost as if they were closing my account or something.
Or just the fact that it's an "Diablo III Auction House" related message brings back memories when the RMAH was booming and gear, considered trash today, sold for hundreds of dollars easily.

They're going to get a big surge of sales, but I think removing the AH is the wrong choice. I think it would be better to reduce overall gold drops, but remove things like item repairing and other gold sinks. Inflation will still be a problem, but by adding more crafting options and revamping the way gems work will go a long way to making it easier for everyone to play. RMAH removal is fine by me.

Both auction houses are equally controlled and owned by bots. From flipping to gold farming. Both had to go. There would never be a balanced economy because Blizzard would always have to err on the side of caution when banning bots, the game is just too simplistic to ever protect against them. I do think their ban waves got 50% of them at best, unfortunately the other 50% still outnumbered the active player base by far.

Hopefully they have another system in place for easy trades.

I really, really don't want to be spamming Trade chat.

I could be wrong, but I think the aim is to make trading less important, as they not merely removing AH, but changing the way loot drops as well. Things like having certain drops intelligently tuned to our character indicates that they are trying to make it less important to resort to trading each time we want to improve our equipment.

If everyone can find their own decent rares, then perhaps trading will focus more on best of the best items such as uniques and sets, so we won't be spending all day trying to sell dozens of rares.

Wow those enemies all look really demonic...and dark! The music probably helped in that regard too lol, awesome track.

To me, Whimseyshire was really a testament to how lightly the original dev team took the task of creating a successor to D2. I've seen theories on how the loot was likely intentionally designed poorly to make people go to the RMAH, etc., but I honestly think the team was just a bunch of overconfident WoW devs that "knew" how to "fix" the Diablo series. Whimseyshire was the team giving the finger to all the people who complained that the game wasn't dark enough, and it clearly showed what a joke the whole process was to them, and how little respect they had for the existing Diablo fanbase.

Now there's new project management and suddenly they're lining up all the things the fans wanted to begin with (well, except PVP lol). Suddenly they're implementing ideas straight from the community and bringing back elements and themes from D2 and/or the D3 beta. The Cow King model might not be an indication of a new Moo Moo Farm since there is a new legendary that procs a herd of murderous cows, but it's still a change that indicates that the new team wants to pay homage to its predecessor and not pretend that it was junk like Jay Wilson & Co.

Both auction houses are equally controlled and owned by bots. From flipping to gold farming. Both had to go. There would never be a balanced economy because Blizzard would always have to err on the side of caution when banning bots, the game is just too simplistic to ever protect against them. I do think their ban waves got 50% of them at best, unfortunately the other 50% still outnumbered the active player base by far.

There never will be a balanced economy, even if the game came out without the AH. I'm fine with the removal of the RMAH, but I don't really see a reason to remove the gold auction house (which actually makes gold relevant). So what if a person wants to get their gear quicker? Let them. That won't affect the rest of us. This isn't the console where you have quite a few people who are cheating which make the economy useless.

I haven't played in a year or longer. My whole issue was I never got any gear I could use myself. Until that changes its a worthless game to me.

Last edited:
I have not played this pos game in a long time either. Never found even 1 item that was worth a dam and leveled like 4-5 toons to level 60 etc. Everything they have I had to get off the bs auction house ... I seriously think this is why blizzard don't list the players name or the seller is because they actually make the items to sell to make more profit.

Thy don't list the seller name so you don't harass the person selling the item.

I haven't played in a year or longer. My whole issue was I never got any gear I could use myself. Until that changes its a worthless game to me.

No offense but maybe you should check the game out now. You can complete vanilla diablo (non-mp levels) pretty easy now just finding your own equipment and it has been that way for quite a while.

I played diablo 1 and 2 for a long time I still play diablo 2 mods like median. I was really excited for 3 to come out. When I heard about no local multiplayer or singleplayer and the fact that you had to be on battle.net constantly I decided to pass on it.
I live in a area with really bad connection issues that cannot be resolved anytime soon so depending on a always-on connection to play is not possible. I feel like people like me are being forgotten in today's gaming marketplace. They expect everyone to have a stable connection but the reality is that not everyone does.

I guess it's not worth developing a single player if they wont make any money off them through the auction house.

Im not sure how removing the AH will fix the economy. The original D2 economy was pretty much ran and valued in duped items.. so im not sure how that was much better.

40 sojs for anything baby

Im not sure how removing the AH will fix the economy. The original D2 economy was pretty much ran and valued in duped items.. so im not sure how that was much better.

40 sojs for anything baby

ummm....if you remove the AH/RMAH then there will be no economy to fix? Loot 2.0 will fix the in game drops...if you want to use 3rd party websites/hacks/cheats go ahead as most of us won't care.

Loot 2.0 should fix feeling like you HAVE to do trades. If you think that is your only option then I guess the economy will be the same as D2. Still a non issue for 99% of us.

Yes, it should eliminate the need for trading for most people. Trading will be for specialty items, crafting mats and uber rares. Still, the economy will be pretty flooded with hyperinflation gold for those that do trade.

Loot 2.0 should fix feeling like you HAVE to do trades. If you think that is your only option then I guess the economy will be the same as D2. Still a non issue for 99% of us.

I never felt like I had to do anything in D3. I passed the game without using the AH once.

But I do want to try out every item in the game and try out every build possible. The AH was great for that. Even with Loot 2.0 I'm probably not going to be able to get my hands on every Item without trades or black market.

I just hope they don't release the expansion in March. I hope they push it out to May because Dark Souls 2 owns March and April.

Again, you're assuming that I don't enjoy just smashing the monsters for the fun of it, or that I enjoy the game less the more items I have.

If I have a number of items that will let me make a powerful fire-focused build, but am missing a single key item, how is it game breaking if I trade for that item? Only RNG is keeping me from having the item, and I may have found an item of equal power that I don't plan to use so why not trade? Your goal may be to get more stuff, but mine may be to get the stuff that allows me to play more, but in a certain way.

Me too. And that's why i hope they put loot tables back in.

If i want item X, i'd like to be able to go to a certain number of places or kill certain bosses for a better chance at that item. This whole 100% random loot shit is really annoying for playing completely self found while trying to obtain specific items.

Without the AH, this will be even more necessary.

To be honest I felt like they could have left the gold auction house and just removed the rmah...I think that would have just tanked the economy even more when everyone dumps their goods from the rmah back into the gold ah though. Probably why its all or nothing.....who knows. Could have added a self found mode to offset leaving the gold ah in game...

Wow those enemies all look really demonic...and dark! The music probably helped in that regard too lol, awesome track.

To me, Whimseyshire was really a testament to how lightly the original dev team took the task of creating a successor to D2. I've seen theories on how the loot was likely intentionally designed poorly to make people go to the RMAH, etc., but I honestly think the team was just a bunch of overconfident WoW devs that "knew" how to "fix" the Diablo series. Whimseyshire was the team giving the finger to all the people who complained that the game wasn't dark enough, and it clearly showed what a joke the whole process was to them, and how little respect they had for the existing Diablo fanbase.

Now there's new project management and suddenly they're lining up all the things the fans wanted to begin with (well, except PVP lol). Suddenly they're implementing ideas straight from the community and bringing back elements and themes from D2 and/or the D3 beta. The Cow King model might not be an indication of a new Moo Moo Farm since there is a new legendary that procs a herd of murderous cows, but it's still a change that indicates that the new team wants to pay homage to its predecessor and not pretend that it was junk like Jay Wilson & Co.

Honestly, i think it is all part of the plan.

Have you read Dune?
You know how the Baron Harkonnen first dispatched Rabban to rule over Dune with an iron fist, planning to send Feyd-Rautha as the 'savior' of the people from their evil ruler?

Yea.... Rabban = Jay Wilson.

Last edited:
Not to worry. Duncan (Shephard) choses to control the Reapers in the IP rape that is Mass Effe... er Sandworms of Dune.

Still can't get over the fact that us PC users got so massively trolled by Blizzard. Seeing reviews like this for the console version just make my blood boil....

http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/5/3455160/diablo-3-review-angels-and-demons#review_update_4509405

Console players are also serving as a test group for Blizzard’s plans for the PC release next year

Trolled? Nah, you're just getting milked like the good cows you are (In Blizzard's eyes).

how is blizzard milking them through polygon you dip?

Nevermind Polygon--it's apparently to me:

1. Release shit game with epic brand name: Generate brilliant sales regardless of quality.
2. Release expansion where you give people what they wanted at step 1: Generate brilliant sales regardless of past failure.

Back