• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Nevermind Polygon--it's apparently to me:

1. Release shit game with epic brand name: Generate brilliant sales regardless of quality.
2. Release expansion where you give people what they wanted at step 1: Generate brilliant sales regardless of past failure.

1. they offered refunds.
2. they continuously added content since release that made the game better.
3. do you take crazy pills on wednesday or just throughout the entire week.



nobody offers refunds on software sales. if you hated the game you literally could have gotten all of your money back. if you didnt and you still whine you are just a god damn baby.

nobody is milking anybody
 
3. do you take crazy pills on wednesday or just throughout the entire week.

I try to take one at least 10 minutes before I click the quote button under dremic's posts ^_^

And i'm sorry--but the refund bit was just damage control.

Maybe you don't, but I'm going to feel milked when i get RoS because that will likely be the game that I hoped D3 would be.

We'll see though, they still haven't addressed PVP, which was on the features list of D3 if you recall.
 
Last edited:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150109977#9

I try to take one at least 10 minutes before I click the quote button under dremic's posts ^_^

:) good one.


seriously though. the blind blizzard hate is retarded. 30 days for refunds for software is stupid and unheard of. and no matter what this game was x1000 better than medal of honor :O and sim city. this isn't EA guys.

this game looks even more promising with reaper and no AH.
 
1. they offered refunds.
2. they continuously added content since release that made the game better.
3. do you take crazy pills on wednesday or just throughout the entire week.



nobody offers refunds on software sales. if you hated the game you literally could have gotten all of your money back. if you didnt and you still whine you are just a god damn baby.

nobody is milking anybody

1. They blamed hacking on the users for the first 2 months, until their sale number decreased.
2. They promised so many things to be fixed/added, which are still not done yet.

There are products that were forced to give refunds to save company/publisher's reputation. Simcity5, dayZ, diablo3. At least simcity had guts to give out wolrd wide refund.
 
I try to take one at least 10 minutes before I click the quote button under dremic's posts ^_^

And i'm sorry--but the refund bit was just damage control.

Maybe you don't, but I'm going to feel milked when i get RoS because that will likely be the game that I hoped D3 would be.

We'll see though, they still haven't addressed PVP, which was on the features list of D3 if you recall.

i easily got my 60$ worth. it might not have been the game i expected, its definitely not installed and a lot of things were broken i agree. but i CHOSE to buy it. and even if i regretted it i still couldve got a refund.

but i agree i will be a little sour buying RoS. but guess what.. im still gonna do it :)

1. They blamed hacking on the users for the first 2 months, until their sale number decreased.
2. They promised so many things to be fixed/added, which are still not done yet.

There are products that were forced to give refunds to save company/publisher's reputation. Simcity5, dayZ, diablo3. At least simcity had guts to give out wolrd wide refund.

i dont really see what youre getting at. if you bought the game and hated it, you could have gotten a refund.

regardless the whole I got cheated out of my money argument is bullshit. you chose to buy the game, and you couldve gotten your money back. end. of. story.

if you look at my origin menu i still have medal of honor on there. now that is something to be upset about.
 
Couldn't agree with Dremic more.

D3 could have and should have been the best game to hit the planet. It wasn't. Not even close. But its still a good game and if you disagree they have a refund for that.
 
1. They blamed hacking on the users for the first 2 months, until their sale number decreased.
2. They promised so many things to be fixed/added, which are still not done yet.

There are products that were forced to give refunds to save company/publisher's reputation. Simcity5, dayZ, diablo3. At least simcity had guts to purchase wolrd wide refund.

Isn't DayZ a free mod? What kind of a refund are people getting?

Not sure what account hacking has to do with any of the recent posts, or even the rest of your own post... but the absence PvP is a disgrace, even if I personally don't care about it.

But yeah, they sure did offer refunds up to 30 after purchase so I don't see how anyone is getting milked. I played for about 3 hours earlier today and enjoyed rounding up gigantic mobs to smash with my Bloodshed build (and making improvements).
 
But yeah, they sure did offer refunds up to 30 after purchase so I don't see how anyone is getting milked.

Refunds have nothing to do with getting milked. That was pure damage control, and Diablo fans who did refund the game will likely buy in when RoS comes out. It's the fans who see it through until the game is good who will have gotten milked.

It's about charging for the game and DLC to complete it. Or in this case, the game and its expansion.

Give yourself some credit you are more than just a troll you are 'the' troll and this replay is just more of your handy work.

Well to be fair, poe would be an example of continuously adding things. Blizzard does beat around the bush a lot.
 
Last edited:
Refunds have nothing to do with getting milked. That was pure damage control, and Diablo fans who did refund the game will likely buy in when RoS comes out. It's the fans who see it through until the game is good who will have gotten milked.

It's about charging for the game and DLC to complete it. Or in this case, the game and its expansion.

I was under the impression that the 30-day refund was a policy they already had prior to D3. Regardless, a full refund is a full refund.

As you know, Reaper of Souls will not be required to experience Loot 2.0. I'm not exactly clear on whether the base game will see implementation of Nephalem Trials, Loot Runs, the Mystic, etc., but those don't sound like things that will only be implemented into Act 5, so they could be into the base game too. Anyone who bought the game and decided to wait for an overhaul will get exactly that whenever they drop the Loot 2.0 patch: a skill and itemization overhaul (at the very least).

If you want to play Act 5, the Crusader, lvl 60-70 content, or whatever else they announce between now and then, you can buy the expansion. That the itemization overhaul is coming close to the release of the expansion doesn't change the fact that you won't have to buy it, nor the fact that a refund was available if you didn't want to wait for it in the first place.
 
Refunds have nothing to do with getting milked. That was pure damage control, and Diablo fans who did refund the game will likely buy in when RoS comes out. It's the fans who see it through until the game is good who will have gotten milked.

It's about charging for the game and DLC to complete it. Or in this case, the game and its expansion.



Well to be fair, poe would be an example of continuously adding things. Blizzard does beat around the bush a lot.

You mean content like this? FOOTSTEPS!!!!
http://www.razerzone.com/pathofexile/

For how much "content" is being put out in that game, you'd think that there would be more activity in that thread. Shows how "fun" that game is when people are more drawn to bash other games in other threads than talk about it.
 
Well to be fair, poe would be an example of continuously adding things. Blizzard does beat around the bush a lot.

The difference is PoE isn't a finished game. They have just been using the Beta label to excuse some of the criticism.
 
You mean content like this? FOOTSTEPS!!!!
http://www.razerzone.com/pathofexile/

For how much "content" is being put out in that game, you'd think that there would be more activity in that thread. Shows how "fun" that game is when people are more drawn to bash other games in other threads than talk about it.

Huh? Aren't you doing exactly the same thing?


"content"...
 
The difference is PoE isn't a finished game. They have just been using the Beta label to excuse some of the criticism.

There isn't a difference, D3 wasn't finished at release. Would you or anyone here still be playing D3 at its release status? How many absolutely vital changes or "additions" were made in the first 3 months?

As far as PoE is concerned the real actual, no more beta "release" is just around the corner! One month away I think. The storyline is still very lacking and so is desync, but its fun.

For how much "content" is being put out in that game, you'd think that there would be more activity in that thread. Shows how "fun" that game is when people are more drawn to bash other games in other threads than talk about it.

I do most of my posting in this thread during my lunch break at work. Can't play PoE during that time. I'm also actively playing Civ5, Warband, CS:GO, tinkering with some indie titles, and a small amount of real life stuff in there too, but theres no active thread for those titles on here.

How many people have come in this thread just to post "i got this game but was really disappointed" then never posted again? Its more than you think. I come here to talk about D3, as it will go down in history as one of the most disappointing sequels ever made and its patch/dev history is a telling tale of the state of Blizzard, the industry as a whole. While you might not like it, its still discussing it.
 
Last edited:
There isn't a difference, D3 wasn't finished at release. Would you or anyone here still be playing D3 at its release status? How many absolutely vital changes or "additions" were made in the first 3 months?

As far as PoE is concerned the real actual, no more beta "release" is just around the corner! One month away I think. The storyline is still very lacking and so is desync, but its fun.

youre asking all the wrong questions.

here is the right one

who the fuck cares?

diablo was mediocre. its gotten better though, and at this rate RoS might be the real diablo game we wanted.

those of you want a newer version of diablo 2 can play PoE
 
youre asking all the wrong questions.
here is the right one
who the fuck cares?
You know the answer. People with self respect, People who have expectations from products bought with their "hard earned" money, People who don't like getting lied to, People that are actually fans of games?

I suppose those people that complained about being charged $17 for CD's back in the day should have never spoken up either! Those assholes, complaining about those poor record companies who were just barely turning a profit and dealing with that industry killing piracy. Who would have thought that those terrible people were actually right, and that consumers really were getting screwed over.

Things don't get better unless you make noise about it.
But you know, I should pose solutions too? Well plenty of people tried that on the official forums (along with the absolutely common sense, why the hell didn't they do this from the start stuff), and those threads were locked or ignored, while the petty ones (ie: the ones that fit their grand plan) were highlighted, stickied, promoted.

diablo was mediocre. its gotten better though, and at this rate RoS might be the real diablo game we wanted.
And you only had to pay twice to get it!
 
Huh? Aren't you doing exactly the same thing?


"content"...

Only when other people bring it up. You dont see me bringing D3 into the PoE thread or PoE into the D3 thread on my own. Why isnt the content in PoE worth talking about in it's own thread? Not enough excitement for its "release"? Has it already gone through it's 15 minutes of fame?

The changes to D3 look amazing, even before thinking about any new content in RoS. It's worth talking about, its worth speculating, and it's worth following all the news being released (Blizzcon is around the corner). Loot 2.0 is going to be the biggest change to the game, I'd say to the level of introductions of synergies of D2.

Actually since launch it's been worth talking about. Discussing builds, variations on builds, showing off leet craftables and finds, the horrors and triumphs of Hardcore, exp efficiency, self-found runs, the stories of [H] parties vs infernal monsters, etc.
 
Only when other people bring it up. You dont see me bringing D3 into the PoE thread or PoE into the D3 thread on my own. Why isnt the content in PoE worth talking about in it's own thread? Not enough excitement for its "release"? Has it already gone through it's 15 minutes of fame?

The changes to D3 look amazing, even before thinking about any new content in RoS. It's worth talking about, its worth speculating, and it's worth following all the news being released (Blizzcon is around the corner). Loot 2.0 is going to be the biggest change to the game, I'd say to the level of introductions of synergies of D2.

Actually since launch it's been worth talking about. Discussing builds, variations on builds, showing off leet craftables and finds, the horrors and triumphs of Hardcore, exp efficiency, self-found runs, the stories of [H] parties vs infernal monsters, etc.

15 minutes of fame? See, now you are the one stirring shit up. If lilbabycat bothers you, ignore him. I'm not sitting here shitting on D3 or bringing up PoE.
 
I am going to take a few minutes of MY time to explain why you make so little sense.


You know the answer. People with self respect, People who have expectations from products bought with their "hard earned" money, People who don't like getting lied to, People that are actually fans of games?

if you felt lied to you couldve got a refund. you had a 30 day full game free trial.

I suppose those people that complained about being charged $17 for CD's back in the day should have never spoken up either! Those assholes, complaining about those poor record companies who were just barely turning a profit and dealing with that industry killing piracy. Who would have thought that those terrible people were actually right, and that consumers really were getting screwed over.

idk how this analogy is appropriate. its likely not.



Things don't get better unless you make noise about it.
But you know, I should pose solutions too? Well plenty of people tried that on the official forums (along with the absolutely common sense, why the hell didn't they do this from the start stuff), and those threads were locked or ignored, while the petty ones (ie: the ones that fit their grand plan) were highlighted, stickied, promoted.

there has been more than enough noise. and they have worked on a lot of it. its likely you have no realistic idea of what is required to maintain and update a video game. You sound entitled and petty.

Games are usually sold as is. Blizzard has made updates continuously to try and satisfy its customer base and is still doing so. maybe its getting closer to the game you expected, but really it doesnt matter what you expect does it? nope. because nobody is forcing you to buy/play it either way.


And you only had to pay twice to get it!

I played diablo 3 for over the 30 days. im pretty okay with paying for a 40$ expansion. those who wanted a refund got it, and will likely get a combo of the game and the expansion for 60$ anyways so who gives a fuck.
 
Release of loot 2.0 and RoS is a long way off at this point. I guess the real question is why is it taking so long, when the console version already has loot 2.0? I think they are giving people time to liquidate their auction house stash, but this should really be implemented sooner. I have zero reason to log in when I know for a fact my experience will be 5x better in 6 months.
 
I am going to take a few minutes of MY time to explain why you make so little sense.

if you felt lied to you couldve got a refund. you had a 30 day full game free trial.
Except I waited for them to fix the game early on, I foolishly gave them the benefit of the doubt. Also, the first week of that 30 days many people couldn't play, myself included.
idk how this analogy is appropriate. its likely not.
The analogy is that there are people that just accept things as they are, and never question whether or not it is fair, or if they are being cheated in some way. Some people question things that don't seem right, and many times they turn out correct. Especially in regards to some huge corporation that claims one thing when the reality is the opposite. If you can't see the correlation you are purposely being ignorant.

Blizzard has made updates continuously
And you keep saying this, when it simply isn't true.

There is nothing crazy that I'm saying here. I'm not grasping at some abstract concept.

Also this:
Release of loot 2.0 and RoS is a long way off at this point. I guess the real question is why is it taking so long

Much of the proposed changes are ones that could (have) been hotfixed, in Diablo3. Simply reducing drop rates of trash (and certain affixes) and increasing rates of rares/legendaries could be done today, with the "flip of a switch". They hotfixed good loot out of whimsey/pots, why can't they hotfix loot in the opposite direction?
 
Last edited:
I come here to talk about D3, as it will go down in history as one of the most disappointing sequels ever made and its patch/dev history is a telling tale of the state of Blizzard, the industry as a whole. While you might not like it, its still discussing it.

You're more of a demonstrator, I'd say, here to throw red paint on our Diablo fur coats in some misguided attempt to change the world. You can't stand that we enjoy something you despise.

 
Except I waited for them to fix the game early on, I foolishly gave them the benefit of the doubt. Also, the first week of that 30 days many people couldn't play, myself included.

thats on you than. you had 30 days. now suck it up. If something this insignificant has effected you so greatly you will never make it through life heh


The analogy is that there are people that just accept things as they are, and never question whether or not it is fair, or if they are being cheated in some way. Some people question things that don't seem right, and many times they turn out correct. Especially in regards to some huge corporation that claims one thing when the reality is the opposite. If you can't see the correlation you are purposely being ignorant.

plenty of people were actually happy with the game, in fact there is a ton of people still playing. just because YOU are upset doesnt mean everybody else is. People who questioned had an opportunity to cut and run. if you didnt again that is on you.



Much of the proposed changes are ones that could (have) been hotfixed, in Diablo3. Simply reducing drop rates of trash (and certain affixes) and increasing rates of rares/legendaries could be done today, with the "flip of a switch". They hotfixed good loot out of whimsey/pots, why can't they hotfix loot in the opposite direction?

http://diablo.gamepedia.com/Diablo_III_Patches

im not gonna sort through it all just to prove you wrong; If youd like you can click on each patch and you'll notice major game changes besides bug fixes have continued since release. They already have the money that they took from you and that you are so bitter about, anything else is extra.


also this,

you are bitter and it shows.
 
D3's will be looked at favorably by history...Wikipedia already shows it as such
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III

After an expansion or two this game will have one of the largest and longest lived fan bases. People will likely still be playing this game 5 years from now.

The few insignificant trollish haters who joined together to create as much noise as possible for a small group will be forgotten by history. The thousands of accounts created on metacritic to give it 0's will be the most significant thing they will ever do.


Side Note;
PoE is going to launch at a pretty good time for me. I'll be switching between PoE, BF4, Etrian Odyssey and Disgaea D2.......AND its nowhere near Dark Souls 2's release date.
 
The few insignificant trollish haters who joined together to create as much noise as possible for a small group will be forgotten by history. The thousands of accounts created on metacritic to give it 0's will be the most significant thing they will ever do.

That has to be one of the dumbest statements I've read in a long time. I really like D3 and have played countless hours but even I can see just how despised it was by the masses. Insignificant haters my ass! And most of those were probably fans of Diablo I/II and really wanted to like the game but what they got was a completely different one than what they thought it would be.
 
That has to be one of the dumbest statements I've read in a long time. I really like D3 and have played countless hours but even I can see just how despised it was by the masses. Insignificant haters my ass! And most of those were probably fans of Diablo I/II and really wanted to like the game but what they got was a completely different one than what they thought it would be.

its all about perspective man, honestly youd be suprised I think by the ratio of people who were cool with it and people who hated it.
 
I think there were far more, "Eh, well it's not a bad game" people than "FUCK THIS SHIT" or "GREATEST GAME EVER" people.
 
That has to be one of the dumbest statements I've read in a long time. I really like D3 and have played countless hours but even I can see just how despised it was by the masses. Insignificant haters my ass! And most of those were probably fans of Diablo I/II and really wanted to like the game but what they got was a completely different one than what they thought it would be.

You are rather mistaken. The amount of people who despised it is a tiny fraction of the people who enjoyed it. I'm also specifying the Trollish haters. The ones who gave it a 0. That group is small and insignificant.

Would you rate the game a 0? The lowest valid score I can see someone giving this game is a 4/10....and in the same regards the highest possible score I can see is a 9. I'd give it an 7.5.

I think there were far more, "Eh, well it's not a bad game" people than "FUCK THIS SHIT" or "GREATEST GAME EVER" people.

Couldn't agree more. The 10's and 0's are the loudest but smallest groups. Remove the 10's and 0's and you'll get a far clearer picture of a game......and IMO remove the 10, 9, and 0,1,2 and you'll get 95% of the population.
 
That has to be one of the dumbest statements I've read in a long time. I really like D3 and have played countless hours but even I can see just how despised it was by the masses. Insignificant haters my ass! And most of those were probably fans of Diablo I/II and really wanted to like the game but what they got was a completely different one than what they thought it would be.

I think "the masses" buy the game, blast through it on normal, pick up a few pieces of gear on the AH, plays a bit into Nightmare and then calls it done. After that, they will pick it up every few weeks to check out new changes or try a new class. Those people got their $60 out of the game. There isn't a lot of actual content in the game to keep casuals playing regularly or take very long.

Most of the complaints are from people whining about loot for Inferno MPx runs. And we should be honest, all the gear does it let you run higher MPx level and show flex your internet muscles. Those people who play the game through multiple times and THEN want to keep gearing up so they can keep playing the game content are the minority, but extremely vocal.
 
You are rather mistaken. The amount of people who despised it is a tiny fraction of the people who enjoyed it. I'm also specifying the Trollish haters. The ones who gave it a 0. That group is small and insignificant.

Would you rate the game a 0? The lowest valid score I can see someone giving this game is a 4/10....and in the same regards the highest possible score I can see is a 9. I'd give it an 7.5.



Couldn't agree more. The 10's and 0's are the loudest but smallest groups. Remove the 10's and 0's and you'll get a far clearer picture of a game......and IMO remove the 10, 9, and 0,1,2 and you'll get 95% of the population.

Nope..I have to believe you are mistaken with that "fraction" part. I visit a lot other forums and any time D3 mentioned a lot of hate is generated, which is out weighed by the positive comments roughly 20:1. The fact that Blizzard has done massive changes on a ton of things due to gamers complaints should tell you that. Like I said I really enjoy the game but if you think its going to be one of the greatest of all time that is plain delusional...
 
Nope..I have to believe you are mistaken with that "fraction" part. I visit a lot other forums and any time D3 mentioned a lot of hate is generated, which is out weighed by the positive comments roughly 20:1. The fact that Blizzard has done massive changes on a ton of things due to gamers complaints should tell you that. Like I said I really enjoy the game but if you think its going to be one of the greatest of all time that is plain delusional...

and the majority said nothing. Small percent hate the game. Even smaller percent love the game. While the biggest percent is somewhere between the two.

D3 has been out just over a year. It has at minimum 1 expansion pack. Likely 2 or even 3. It has a lot of life left. Look at the reviews of the D3 console version. Huge praise from what I have seen. In 5 years who know how this game will be seen.

D2 was a great game. D2 - LOD was fucking amazing...that small group of 0's have solidified their opinions far too early.
 
You're more of a demonstrator, I'd say, here to throw red paint on our Diablo fur coats in some misguided attempt to change the world. You can't stand that we enjoy something you despise.


Perfect!
 
Nope..I have to believe you are mistaken with that "fraction" part. I visit a lot other forums and any time D3 mentioned a lot of hate is generated, which is out weighed by the positive comments roughly 20:1. The fact that Blizzard has done massive changes on a ton of things due to gamers complaints should tell you that. Like I said I really enjoy the game but if you think its going to be one of the greatest of all time that is plain delusional...

It is also possible they made the changes because it was not worth the cost of maintaining.
 
Nope..I have to believe you are mistaken with that "fraction" part. I visit a lot other forums and any time D3 mentioned a lot of hate is generated, which is out weighed by the positive comments roughly 20:1. The fact that Blizzard has done massive changes on a ton of things due to gamers complaints should tell you that. Like I said I really enjoy the game but if you think its going to be one of the greatest of all time that is plain delusional...

Haters are usually more vocal. More people would create accounts to just hate on something than create accounts to praise something. Anonymity of the internet lets people shit on stuff all they want without significant repercussion.

Activity and chatter over long term, good or bad, is a better measure of a game's success. ME3's ending caused a massive shitstorm, but months later the storm blew over and it was forgotten, or at least irrelevant. Eventually people couldn't care less. The opposite rings true here. If people couldn't care less and if it really was that abysmal, people would have stopped talking about it (good or bad) a long time ago.

I dont think anyone ever said this game was perfect, near perfect, or even among the greatest of all time. Many people have sinked hundreds of hours into the game, so it was definitely worth the $60 they paid for it.

Any post launch changes could be used for or against depending on if you're wearing rose colored or shit colored glasses. D2 had massive changes over the years, yet that is praised as devs continuing to support a game after launch. D3 has had changes in the 18 months or so it's been out, and yet is used to show how broken the game was at launch and it's only improved because it was so bad. And fuck Blizzard for LISTENING to the GAMERS, that is the worst!
 
Haters are usually more vocal. More people would create accounts to just hate on something than create accounts to praise something. Anonymity of the internet lets people shit on stuff all they want without significant repercussion.

Activity and chatter over long term, good or bad, is a better measure of a game's success. ME3's ending caused a massive shitstorm, but months later the storm blew over and it was forgotten, or at least irrelevant. Eventually people couldn't care less. The opposite rings true here. If people couldn't care less and if it really was that abysmal, people would have stopped talking about it (good or bad) a long time ago.

I dont think anyone ever said this game was perfect, near perfect, or even among the greatest of all time. Many people have sinked hundreds of hours into the game, so it was definitely worth the $60 they paid for it.

Any post launch changes could be used for or against depending on if you're wearing rose colored or shit colored glasses. D2 had massive changes over the years, yet that is praised as devs continuing to support a game after launch. D3 has had changes in the 18 months or so it's been out, and yet is used to show how broken the game was at launch and it's only improved because it was so bad. And fuck Blizzard for LISTENING to the GAMERS, that is the worst!

Nothing you say I disagree with other than haters (you can also dislike a game and say/post nothing right?) are a fraction of the minority in this case. I don't believe that to be true. If Stevedave would have left out that idiot fan boy statement I actually agree with most of his other posts. It was more a hyperbole rant than anything. I can see others posters gloss over the fact that I really like the game and am not a troll/hater.
 
Back
Top