• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Its not a ladder till it resets. If that wasn't the case then D3 would have 2 ladders right now softcore and hardcore....but they aren't considered ladders until they reset them.

Same with D2.
 
Its not a ladder till it resets. If that wasn't the case then D3 would have 2 ladders right now softcore and hardcore....but they aren't considered ladders until they reset them.

Same with D2.

I always considered ladders being the 1-10 rankings of the best or farthest players. Do they have that in d3?
 
this latest discussion underscores the point I've made before that most nostalgia about D2 comes from players who weren't around at launch.
 
yeah. Did they have that in D2 at launch?

They had ladder rankings at launch. They didn't reset them until 1.10 as mentioned above.

When LOD came out you had the option to transfer old characters over into the expansion, but they did not show up on the LOD Ladder. You had to create a new character to have them show up on the LOD ladder.
 
this latest discussion underscores the point I've made before that most nostalgia about D2 comes from players who weren't around at launch.

I was around at launch, I do not recall D2 having this much issues, it had some yes, but not this many.
 
You ever fight a Soul Lasher or Phase Beast pack with Invul Minion affix as a DH?

That was an instant quit and restart.

No, who would play as a DH? :p

ANY pack just needs to be detuned if they have an invul minion mod. Like -25% movement speed, -25% damage, cannot have reflect.
 
If it makes you PC guys feel any better, online play for console version is already going down the tubes due to item hacking and duping. There is a 4K hacked weapon going around, people keep duping it and if you join and Inferno Quick Match it is pretty common to see someone using it and dropping dupes.
 
If it makes you PC guys feel any better, online play for console version is already going down the tubes due to item hacking and duping. There is a 4K hacked weapon going around, people keep duping it and if you join and Inferno Quick Match it is pretty common to see someone using it and dropping dupes.

I always thought the entire point of D3 on consoles was 4 player local co-op. The economy was expected to turn to shit by about a week in.
 
If it makes you PC guys feel any better, online play for console version is already going down the tubes due to item hacking and duping. There is a 4K hacked weapon going around, people keep duping it and if you join and Inferno Quick Match it is pretty common to see someone using it and dropping dupes.

Yeah, anyone who played any Open Battle.net back in the D2 days could tell you that would happen. It's a huge reason I prefer to only play ARPGs online on closed realms (so basically, PoE or Bnet).

I started tinkering with my Shaefer's Hammer Barb last night since I wanted something fun to play and I found myself swapping out Into the Fray for Bloodshed and man is it fun. I was already geared for high crit damage so I tried a few HotA runes and wasn't really impressed, but then I realized I'm turning my main attacks into AoE via Bloodshed and tried HotA Smash; now I blow up entire packs with one hammer so I think it's time to up the MP. Cleave Rupture seems to be the best complement to the build for fury generation (and general mayhem), but I've also got the 5-piece IK bonus and Unforgiving passive. Fun stuff.
 
Yeah, anyone who played any Open Battle.net back in the D2 days could tell you that would happen. It's a huge reason I prefer to only play ARPGs online on closed realms (so basically, PoE or Bnet).

I started tinkering with my Shaefer's Hammer Barb last night since I wanted something fun to play and I found myself swapping out Into the Fray for Bloodshed and man is it fun. I was already geared for high crit damage so I tried a few HotA runes and wasn't really impressed, but then I realized I'm turning my main attacks into AoE via Bloodshed and tried HotA Smash; now I blow up entire packs with one hammer so I think it's time to up the MP. Cleave Rupture seems to be the best complement to the build for fury generation (and general mayhem), but I've also got the 5-piece IK bonus and Unforgiving passive. Fun stuff.

Nice compass rose combo. Got to love HC which lets you use these types of builds without being completely out done by all the other builds.
 
I always thought the entire point of D3 on consoles was 4 player local co-op. The economy was expected to turn to shit by about a week in.

Well the game certainly encourages online play in the absence of couch friends.

Unfortunately the method for duping items is so simple that anyone with a second controller can do it, and people in Quick Match are asking for dupes when they see someone else has a better item >.<
 
Well the game certainly encourages online play in the absence of couch friends.

Unfortunately the method for duping items is so simple that anyone with a second controller can do it, and people in Quick Match are asking for dupes when they see someone else has a better item >.<

It kills the pug community for some. Others just love to faceroll content without any effort put in. Taking part in duping would kill the fun for me.
 
Nice compass rose combo. Got to love HC which lets you use these types of builds without being completely out done by all the other builds.

Thanks! I was having shit luck with crafting since I need CD for my Schaefer's build, but then I realized what the set bonus was and since I was already using The Compass Rose it just made sense. It seems nooby until you factor in the 100 vit and 50 CD...it essentially makes the combo worth 147% CD, plus a shitload of life (100 vit + 14% life plus 350 regen). With perfect rolls it could go up to 200% CD but I haven't seen a better one available when I've looked - plus there is more to consider besides damage in HC obviously.

So with the set bonus factored in it would take a damned good crafting roll to actually beat it, at least for the build I'm running.
 
I always thought the entire point of D3 on consoles was 4 player local co-op. The economy was expected to turn to shit by about a week in.

that's what my buddy is getting it for.

I'm pretty excited to go to his place when my wired 360 controller arrives (finally had enough reasons to purchase one between D3 console and Dark Souls port).
 
that's what my buddy is getting it for.

I'm pretty excited to go to his place when my wired 360 controller arrives (finally had enough reasons to purchase one between D3 console and Dark Souls port).

It's about time you got around to Dark Souls!
 
I demand that you stream some Dark Souls! I have arthritis too bad to be able to accurately press the buttons on the controller, but I love watching others play. :)
 
I actually have it installed already and was going to try it with KB+M; but now that my buddy's getting D3, I went for it. Hopefully the controller experience will not disappoint!

It literally took me 8 hours to get used to the controller. The last action based gamed I played that used a controller was Golden Eye for the N64. My hands were rejecting it for so long.

But once I got used to it (8 hours later) It was like second nature.

Best game I have played in my life by the way. It just has a feel to the game that makes is old school and new school at the same time. It feels like your playing a MegaMan, Street Fighter, and Oblivion all at the same time. A complete masterpiece.
 
Malthael looks like such a badass enemy, much more than diablo or the other evils

wallpaper033-520x260-twitter.jpg
 
Malthael looks like such a badass enemy, much more than diablo or the other evils

wallpaper033-520x260-twitter.jpg

Probably because that hack Jay Wilson is off the project.

Which is awesome because now we actually might see some Diablo'esk environments, I have already heard rumors of a Gothic type setting.
 
Looks like Blizzard is finally shutting down the Auction House ... they just posted a note on their Facebook page ... shutting it down in March 2014 ... I am sure there are lots of folks that will be pleased with that
 
Last edited:
When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.

We feel that this move along with the Loot 2.0 system being developed concurrently with Reaper of Souls&#8482; will result in a much more rewarding game experience for our players.

We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process.
LINK

My thoughts:

Blizzard already made the Millions off it that they set out to do. It's at the point where the AH reputation is hurting DIII more than the profit they make, so they are shutting it down.

D IV will have an AH that's bigger and better than evar!
 
damn, no AH i might actually play this game.


its the number 1 flaw in my opinion. a lot of you disagree but i dont care :p


the whole point of the game is to play to get the best loot. but its buyable loot. making the game fucking pointless.
 
Holy fuck shit WUT!?
Wha...wow.. I don... ev..

But thats when Dark Souls 2 comes out.
A little late, Blizzard... Diablo 180! Maybe Ill reinstall..
 
I have mixed feelings, but leaning more towards liking the decision. I have limited time to play so I liked the AH in the fact that I can find/buy what I need, but because I have limited time to play I could never afford the better items anyway. If Loot 2.0 works well enough that I won't need AH then I'll be happy.
 
If they somehow bring back Deckard Cain too. I'll fucking buy their expansion. I'll hate it but, I'll do it.

Auction houses closed and Deckard Cain brought back from the dead would be enough for me to believe they got their shit together.

Damn I'm still mad though. I loved D2 so much. D3 broke my gamer heart.
 
Everyone is going to sell their shit for pennies on March 17th. Just to try and make some money off of their hours of game time.
 
Looks like Blizzard is finally shutting down the Auction House ... they just posted a note on their Facebook page ... shutting it down in March 2014 ... I am sure there are lots of folks that will be pleased with that

I'm reading between the lines on this one. If you ask me, the RMAH is going down the same day that RoS is coming out. Which if you consider all new gear, new level cap etc, will re-level the playing field. Maybe not to the day, but I would say within two months. So I'd say March-April release.

Still, I think this just means the black market for gold will get big.
 
I'm totally 3000000% shocked they are going to shutdown the RMAH, that was a cash moo moo for them. Not going to cry to badly to see both AHs going buh bye. Now they just need to get rid of the single-player online requirement crap. But one can only wish for so much. :(
 
If they somehow bring back Deckard Cain too. I'll fucking buy their expansion. I'll hate it but, I'll do it.

Auction houses closed and Deckard Cain brought back from the dead would be enough for me to believe they got their shit together.

Damn I'm still mad though. I loved D2 so much. D3 broke my gamer heart.

Now if only they added back some more character customization such as skills or stats instead of every character being the same but dressed differently.
 
Looks like removing Jay Wilson from D3 project has finally yielded something positive.
 
I'm reading between the lines on this one. If you ask me, the RMAH is going down the same day that RoS is coming out. Which if you consider all new gear, new level cap etc, will re-level the playing field. Maybe not to the day, but I would say within two months. So I'd say March-April release.

Still, I think this just means the black market for gold will get big.

That's a pretty good assumption, shutting down the Auction houses will have the least impact when items are redesigned and everything changes. That feels a bit quick though, so maybe just loot 2.0?

Lets see the haters spin the removal of the AH as a bad thing. I'm curious to how they could stretch it. I'm torn because I liked the GAH, it was a way to gauge progression. I used to plan my next items by how the market was and my average income of gold (such as tomb drop rate as a baseline). The whole find all your stuff should be fun, but I'm hoping that the drop rates lead to a good steady progression of upgrades at the max level.
 
I'm totally shocked as well. But I say good riddance. While I have other gripes with the game, my biggest was always that the loot drops were clearly tuned to co-exist with the AH. And that just sucked.
 
I liked the AH for the sheer convenience. What will players have to resort to now? d2jsp all over again? Trade channels like d2? I remember spending days looking for trades for certain items on d2 trade channels. I probably spent half as much time in the trade channels as I did playing the game. Yea, there is a high degree of satisfaction when you find that one player that has the exact item you want on a trade channel, but damn...would take hours or days sometimes.

I'm not sad the AHs are disappearing. I'm not super happy either. I just hope they come up with an alternative.
 
They're going to get a big surge of sales, but I think removing the AH is the wrong choice. I think it would be better to reduce overall gold drops, but remove things like item repairing and other gold sinks. Inflation will still be a problem, but by adding more crafting options and revamping the way gems work will go a long way to making it easier for everyone to play. RMAH removal is fine by me.
 
Can someone far smarter than me care to elaborate why the gold AH and Loot 2.0 can't/shouldn't co-exist? I've always believed that the AH itself wasn't the issue, it was that drop rates were clearly tuned to account for its existence. With loot 2.0 on the horizon, it would seem that the need for each player to depend on the AH would be far less since you actually (in theory) would be getting good gear on your own, and use the AH for what it should have always been intended for - a secure trading post to fill in the gaps.
 
Back
Top