Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I just went back and recorded 4 different videos of various file sizes ranging from 900 MB to 4 GB. Each one gave me the same server error when I attempted to upload. So Frustrating! Then I took the smallest file and compressed it using Movie Maker and it was able to upload the 65 MB file. It uploaded and processed in less than five minutes. It's unfortunate that the quality is horrid.

As for starting at Rakkis Crossing, I don't like doing that because then you have to work southbound, rather than north bound. This is a lot harder because the monsters see you before you see them.

Do you have gameplay footage too?

EDIT: Uploaded an elite fight in the Underbridge. This was only 65MB, so was uploaded before it had a chance to give me a server error. Then I tried uploading a 220 MB file and it failed three different times. Once at 50%, 95%, then 20%.

And I'm pretty sure I do have privileges to upload longer than 15 minutes, though that's not the issue as I'm getting errors even on five minute videos.

I just recorded another run and it turned out much better than my typical run; I only died twice. :D I'm encoding it right now. Let see if it'll upload properly for me. I use a somewhat complex combination of avisynth, virtualdub (for basic editing) and the x264 command line.

For the run, I went from the rakkis crossing WP to the gate, cleared Underbridge since it spawned, ported back to town, then took the Bridge WP. The ice caverns happened to spawn nearby so I went in there and got my 5 stacks. Totally terrible loot overall, but I felt good avoiding certain death so many times.

So finally decided to push forward on inferno a bit with my monk instead of hanging about farming Act I. Tried to kill Belial for about 45 minutes, was unsuccessful, and had to leave for work. That dude is fucking difficult toward the end when he just starts SPAMMING the friggin explosions-from-the-sky shit. It's almost impossible to get more than 1-2 hits in between bouts of that shit raining from the sky, and there are so many explosions it's nigh-on impossible to successfully avoid it time and time again. I keep getting him down to ~1/3rd health and then he starts doing it. Perhaps it's an enrage timer?

Yep, thats the enrage timer. They added it in 1.0.3. :(

The enrage timer is so half assed. Blizzard didn't even fucking try by making the mob harder, no. They stuck a god damn debuff on your character that will kill you in 30 seconds even if your a hundred miles away from the mob. I tought I would live by out running a wasp elite pack and NOPE! 5, 4, 3, 2, WTF? 1, *BOOM*

Yep, thats the enrage timer. They added it in 1.0.3. :(

BOO!

My understanding is that ~19k DPS is actually pretty decent for a monk, and most of the melee classes aren't very high DPS-wise. How on earth will anyone pass belial in that case? Will I *need* someone that deals massive DPS just to get past him? I was hoping to solo.

Perhaps I'll try the damage buffing mantra to see if I can kill him in time...sigh.

EDIT: Might even need to swap up my build entirely given some of the ones I'm reading online. I really wish there was an ability to take a screenshot with all gear stats/character stats exposed, or a webpage with all the info of your character available.

Last edited:
BOO!

My understanding is that ~19k DPS is actually pretty decent for a monk, and most of the melee classes aren't very high DPS-wise. How on earth will anyone pass belial in that case? Will I *need* someone that deals massive DPS just to get past him? I was hoping to solo.

Perhaps I'll try the damage buffing mantra to see if I can kill him in time...sigh.

EDIT: Might even need to swap up my build entirely given some of the ones I'm reading online. I really wish there was an ability to take a screenshot with all gear stats/character stats exposed, or a webpage with all the info of your character available.

Take conviction with intimidation.

BOO!

find a wizard to help you... venom hydras make that shit easy.. i killed him with the venom hydras after he wiped us, my pools of acid finished him :D

Finally broke into Act 3 Inferno after changing skills and switching around some gear I was going to put on the AH. Then proceed to spend 70k in repairs on the first two mobs in Act 3.

:rolleyes: The fuck

I too finally decided to push through Act 2 yesterday. A bunch of times I had to lead packs to remote areas of the map and let them kill me to get them out of the way. Act 3 seemed much easier (as a wizard) as I suffered no deaths until I hit Ghom. Fuck that guy. Fuck him right in his gas spewing asshole.

Take conviction with intimidation.

Yeah I'm waffling between overawe and intimidation - one change it looks like I will be making it changing from crippling wave to thunder fists. The life on hit and spirit regen benefits of the increased attack speed should come in handy!!

Won't be able to give anything a shot until this evening after work, but I'm hoping to crush belial.

I too finally decided to push through Act 2 yesterday. A bunch of times I had to lead packs to remote areas of the map and let them kill me to get them out of the way. Act 3 seemed much easier (as a wizard) as I suffered no deaths until I hit Ghom. Fuck that guy. Fuck him right in his gas spewing asshole.

lmfao. awesome.

act 2 blows for ranged. act 3 is way better and yes fuck ghom hahahahhahaha

I have yet to try Ghom with my Barb. I was right outside his lair and ran into trouble with an elite pack that killed me in no time flat. I ended up quitting in frustration and then when I loaded up Act 1 for a MF run I realized I had been fighting without my shield equipped, woops.

I concur with this statement!

I tried killing him and I can clear down to him with moderate ease solo but he is just crazy hard for me as a wiz. I can't ever stand anywhere to do significant DPS! Best I have done is 50% on him. Had to have a barb facetank him to kill him.

I concur with this statement!

I tried killing him and I can clear down to him with moderate ease solo but he is just crazy hard for me as a wiz. I can't ever stand anywhere to do significant DPS! Best I have done is 50% on him. Had to have a barb facetank him to kill him.

i just skipped him entirely hahha had a friend give me a waypoint after him

Been Playing hardcore only. My level 40 witch doctor I spent 50 hours on died yesterday. It was a sad moment.

Wanting to nerf MF...gg Blizzard. :rolleyes:

All they know how to do is nerf apparently. Hopefully when it comes time to balance all the moves, they buff everything that sucks instead of nerfing everything that's good.

Their track record makes this seem unlikely, however.

So finally decided to push forward on inferno a bit with my monk instead of hanging about farming Act I. Tried to kill Belial for about 45 minutes, was unsuccessful, and had to leave for work. That dude is fucking difficult toward the end when he just starts SPAMMING the friggin explosions-from-the-sky shit. It's almost impossible to get more than 1-2 hits in between bouts of that shit raining from the sky, and there are so many explosions it's nigh-on impossible to successfully avoid it time and time again. I keep getting him down to ~1/3rd health and then he starts doing it. Perhaps it's an enrage timer?

I tweaked my build from when I last posted about it, I'm at ~970 resists, 19k DPS, 29k HP, and ~1500 life on hit with a meaningless amount of regen. I tried switching from the dodge mantra to the healing one, but I just keep getting to the same place and eventually dying. I can literally just stand there in front of him and not move the entire time, until he starts the explosion spamming. I was thinking about whether I need to increase my LoH or health regen, but I'm just not sure I can get it high enough to withstand the explosions (I think the ones at the end or one shot kills!?). Any tips? :(

EDIT: If it is an enrage timer, perhaps I should start using the mantra of increase-your-damage-lots?

With your stats, you should have absolutely no problem with Belial. Until he does his fire from the sky attacks, just pretty much spam attack on him. Don't even worry about trying to dodge his attacks. Just use serenity or heal or pop a quick potion. The enrage timer starts when he does it for the fourth time in the fight, albeit it only comes like 10 seconds after the third one, so if by the third time he does it, you know you're hitting the enrage timer unless he's just about dead.

yes ! Shame on them for making attempts at balance :(

If they want to make changes without complaints they should be buffing other things to compensate for the mechanic they deem imbalanced. Nobody likes to be made weaker because of some patch. Telling everyone that their character is getting a -2 on crit is worse than telling everyone that they're giving monsters a +2 on defense for example. They're doing the same with magic find. The need for a cap is completely unnecessary and they should leave it alone also.

They do the same thing in World of Warcraft. If Warriors suck and Paladins are strong they'll nerf Paladins. What they should do in that scenario is buff Warriors. Everyones happy.

If they want to make changes without complaints they should be buffing other things to compensate for the mechanic they deem imbalanced. Nobody likes to be made weaker because of some patch. Telling everyone that their character is getting a -2 on crit is worse than telling everyone that they're giving monsters a +2 on defense for example. They're doing the same with magic find. The need for a cap is completely unnecessary and they should leave it alone also.

They do the same thing in World of Warcraft. If Warriors suck and Paladins are strong they'll nerf Paladins. What they should do in that scenario is buff Warriors. Everyones happy.

they want inferno to be hard not trivial thats all

u knucklehead =P

Nerfs aren't fun.

Buffs are fun.

They should buff stuff that sucks instead of nerfing good stuff to get their balance!!

i agree some stuff needs to be buffed! but the point is to get all abilities and stats onto a flat level playing field. crit is should be a build option not the best build option. everything should be viable not just crit

u knucklehead =P

Nerfs aren't fun.

Buffs are fun.

They should buff stuff that sucks instead of nerfing good stuff to get their balance!!

But easy isn't fun, and buffing everything will make the game easier. First they have to nerf over powered things. Then they can buff skills that nobody can use because its useless.......Like every summon from the witch doctor.

You don't get it, everyone is going to find the best cookie cutter build. First it was IAS, then it's Crit, if they keep removing things to strive for the game is going to become more stale than it already is. They are ruining peoples fun everytime a nerf comes and the game is already on a razors edge as it is, it's not established like WoW is. They're risking alot by doing stupid stuff.

They already nerfed Inferno once too even

But easy isn't fun, and buffing everything will make the game easier. First they have to nerf over powered things. Then they can buff skills that nobody can use because its useless.......Like every summon from the witch doctor.

or energy torrent for the wizard hahahah

You don't get it, everyone is going to find the best cookie cutter build. First it was IAS, then it's Crit, if they keep removing things to strive for the game is going to become more stale than it already is. They are ruining peoples fun everytime a nerf comes and the game is already on a razors edge as it is, it's not established like WoW is. They're risking alot by doing stupid stuff.

They already nerfed Inferno once too even

I don't think they have to worry to much about how established the game will always have players while the chance of making money on the rmah exists. not to mention the amount of sales they got from diablo 3 is just insane

Is it confirmed that crit will be nerfed on the next patch? Or is this pure speculation?

I hope they don't, i've seen crit damage get to some crazy levels though. If that isn't capped already, it likely will be.

Why would crit be nerfed? lol.

This game already has no special modifiers besides crit and crit dmg to do damage, why would they take it away? Dont let random speculation confuse you.

Why would crit be nerfed? lol.

This game already has no special modifiers besides crit and crit dmg to do damage, why would they take it away?

Because they don't want 'must have' offensive stats. IAS was a 'must have' stat and it was nerfed. Crit chance/damage is the replacement so it would be the next target if they get nerf happy after MF.

I hope they don't, i've seen crit damage get to some crazy levels though. If that isn't capped already, it likely will be.

It is pretty hilarious watching some DHs dealing 200k+ crits REALLY often, just exploding crowds. I wish I built mine from the ground up like that!!

Because they don't want 'must have' offensive stats. IAS was a 'must have' stat and it was nerfed. Crit chance/damage is the replacement so it would be the next target if they get nerf happy after MF.

instead of nerfing crit and/or crit damage, they just need to buff IAS so that it's on the same level. There really are too few stat choices as it is.

Because they nerfed one thing doesnt meant they are nerfing another..... The logic of that is severely flawed. If they followed that route, wouldnt that mean everything in the game would eventually be nerfed? If they kept following that logic, we would end up with nothing that helped do dmg.

Because they nerfed one thing doesnt meant they are nerfing another..... The logic of that is severely flawed. If they followed that route, wouldnt that mean everything in the game would eventually be nerfed? If they kept following that logic, we would end up with nothing that helped do dmg.

Yet this is blizzard's trend.

I'm not saying it's logical, if you check the posts over at the Blizzard forums they clearly stated that IAS was nerfed because it had become a required stat. Now Crit is reaching that level and if they crunch the numbers and feel Crit adds too much damage they have two choices, re-buff IAS and other skills or nerf Crit down to the level where IAS is now. Which do you think they will choose?

And now you understand Blizzards logic. They can't balance a game if their life depended on it. We have seen this cycle with WOW hundreds of times and now Diablo 3 gets the nerf stick beating for the next few years. We will have are ups and downs and will constantly be confused as to what class to play next patch but in the end you should've played a Warlo-Witch Doctor.

Back