Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

You're going to have to clarify your stupid post. Of course they both have swappable gear, but its how they accomplish that. Did you even read my post? As far as I remember, you had to click and drag the armor in D2, yes the weapon had a hotkey. But in D3 you can right click to equip items(much faster). And I'm not factoring in any scripts as thats obvioulsy not coded in the game.

Stupid posts require a stupid answer. :cool:

People too lazy to swap (with right click) are not my problem.

And for the record, I do have some good stats with MF that I do not swap out, that I have MFed myself. All by doing my manual right click gear swap. MF was NEVER a problem thay they need to look at (but hey, whatever affects RMAH, right?). How about more game breaking issues?

Stupid posts require a stupid answer. :cool:

People too lazy to swap (with right click) are not my problem.

And for the record, I do have some good stats with MF that I do not swap out, that I have MFed myself. All by doing my manual right click gear swap. MF was NEVER a problem thay they need to look at (but hey, whatever affects RMAH, right?). How about more game breaking issues?

What?!? This whole topic hasn't been about people being too lazy to swap gear, they are actually doing it, widespread enough that Blizz has taken notice and thinking about changing the game because of it, it's basically an exploit and they're looking at nerfing it. They're not trying to make it easier for you. I serioulsy don't know what conversation you're trying to be involved with. But trying to talk to you is like trying to pick fly shit out of pepper while wearing boxing gloves.

What?!? This whole topic hasn't been about people being too lazy to swap gear, they are actually doing it, widespread enough that Blizz has taken notice and thinking about changing the game because of it, it's basically an exploit and they're looking at nerfing it. They're not trying to make it easier for you. I serioulsy don't know what conversation you're trying to be involved with. But trying to talk to you is like trying to pick fly shit out of pepper while wearing boxing gloves.

First you acknowledge that in D2 people had to drag gear (which is fine, I did that as well). Then you say that it is too easy in Diablo III. In the BNET forums, people are complaining that they have to CLICK gear to MF (If you don't own godly gear with MF).

That is being lazy. And now they propose NERFS to mf. What don't you understand? All in the sake of RMAH. At least acknowledge what I am stating in my previous post instead of just saying "blah blah blah, I'm ignoring everything you say and just cherry picking certain sentences" "that benefit your agenda.

People these days with their terrible TERRIBLE analogies. Please try harder if you're trying to insult someone.

First you acknowledge that in D2 people had to drag gear (which is fine, I did that as well). Then you say that it is too easy in Diablo III. In the BNET forums, people are complaining that they have to CLICK gear to MF (If you don't own godly gear with MF).

That is being lazy. And now they propose NERFS to mf. What don't you understand? All in the sake of RMAH. At least acknowledge what I am stating in my previous post instead of just saying "blah blah blah, I'm ignoring everything you say and just cherry picking certain sentences" "that benefit your agenda.

People these days with their terrible TERRIBLE analogies. Please try harder if you're trying to insult someone.

Yeah, people may be complaining that they have to switch but Blizz is NOT accomodating them in that regard. READ their post, their 5 options are basically nerfing the whole swap MF thing. The two are unrelated and apparently you don't understand that. If they were trying to fix the swap issue, then why isn't one of their options "We will implement a hotkey that will swap out your entire gear set on the fly with another set of your choosing in your inventory".

They are nerfing it because it is being absued at the last min of a kill. You can still swap gear, just hopefully there will be a penalty for it. Reading comprehension goes along way in life my friend.

And apprently it wasn't a terrible analogy if I was able to communicate my point across to you.

Yeah, people may be complaining that they have to switch but Blizz is NOT accomodating them in that regard. READ their post, their 5 options are basically nerfing the whole swap MF thing. The two are unrelated and apparently you don't understand that. If they were trying to fix the swap issue, then why isn't one of their options "We will implement a hotkey that will swap out your entire gear set on the fly with another set of your choosing in your inventory".

They are nerfing it because it is being absued at the last min of a kill. You can still swap gear, just hopefully there will be a penalty for it. Reading comprehension goes along way in life my friend.

Reading comprehension does go a long way.

I already stated that the 5 options they proposed is a nerf, I know what they are doing. I am saying that it is retarded that it is being nerfed when in D2 you can swap gear with no "mf trickle" and what not. Why punish someone's ability to swap gear mid battle?

I am not asking for a hot key, nor did I even bring that up.

I don't care if I even have to swap just ONE piece of gear for an extra "mf" boost, you were not penalized in D2, and it was a loot based game. Diablo 3 is an RMAH based game, where any way possible of getting gear is being nerfed left, right, and center. If you are too blind to see that, then good riddance.

Also, terrible analogy is terrible, try harder.

Terrible analogies are like turtles.

Look, if people want to swap turtle during a fight, so what? The issue is that the way they are handling the turtle mechanics is all wrong. Do I go out of my way to swap turtle in the middle of a fight? No. Do I want a turtle swap button? No. Do I care if people swap turtle the way they are doing it now? No.

In the end, turtle wins.

Well this conversation has really gone off track...so what do you all think of this item I found farming with no MF gear swap?

eyRXl.jpg

Look, if people want to swap turtle during a fight, so what? The issue is that the way they are handling the turtle mechanics is all wrong. Do I go out of my way to swap turtle in the middle of a fight? No. Do I want a turtle swap button? No. Do I care if people swap turtle the way they are doing it now? No.

In the end, turtle wins.

I don't know, that all sounds quit damaging to turtle. And don't even think about doing it with tortoise, they're endangered.

EDIT: And as an aside, the next thread I clicked on was started by...ninjaturtle. Turtle power man...it's a conspiracy.

I don't know, that all sounds quit damaging to turtle. And don't even think about doing it with tortoise, they're endangered.

EDIT: And as an aside, the next thread I clicked on was started by...ninjaturtle. Turtle power man...it's a conspiracy.

What is the turtle gave consent? Left her car keys in the bowl, so to speak?

There is supposed to be a trade-off between MF and other stats. Swapping removes that trade-off.

What some of you are begging for, it might just be easier to have Armor grant MF.

Reading comprehension does go a long way.

I already stated that the 5 options they proposed is a nerf, I know what they are doing. I am saying that it is retarded that it is being nerfed when in D2 you can swap gear with no "mf trickle" and what not. Why punish someone's ability to swap gear mid battle?

I am not asking for a hot key, nor did I even bring that up.

I don't care if I even have to swap just ONE piece of gear for an extra "mf" boost, you were not penalized in D2, and it was a loot based game. Diablo 3 is an RMAH based game, where any way possible of getting gear is being nerfed left, right, and center. If you are too blind to see that, then good riddance.

Also, terrible analogy is terrible, try harder.

AFAIK no one swapped gear like that in D2 like they do in D3 because it was even more of a PIA, hence why they are looking into nerfing it. Because you had to drag it, it just wasn't worth it.

There was definitely MF swapping in D2, it just wan't as easy.

Yeah, as a sorc doing meph runs you could definitely swap before the last hits. I think the biggest problem really is that GEAR determines damage to spells. In D2, you leveled your skills and they would become stronger that way, with items that gave + skills. This would take away a requirement that you would need the utmost godliest of gears (ie weapon dmg) with MF tacked on.

There was definitely MF swapping in D2, it just wan't as easy.

Yeah I don't think it was as bad as it is now. I'm not saying it didn't exist but because you could have a high lvl char in D2 and still be bad ass with ok gear and/or MF gear. Well since D3 is all based on your items to make you bad ass, people are feeling cornholed into swapping on much more "needed" basis. Not really the same thing and it shows with Blizz looking into yet another nerf/patch 6 weeks after release.

Yeah, as a sorc doing meph runs you could definitely swap before the last hits. I think the biggest problem really is that GEAR determines damage to spells. In D2, you leveled your skills and they would become stronger that way, with items that gave + skills. This would take away a requirement that you would need the utmost godliest of gears with MF tacked on.

exactly

I...will...NEVER be able to afford something like that.
You will. The weapon I posted earlier is a different story. It sold in under 12 hours for 720 million. :eek:

Not true, I've been scouting the AH for the past week looking for this. Cheapest I found I had to bid on. At the time, bid was 50K, I bid 100K and ended up losing in the end. Unless you're referring to a piece of crap that has no main stats.

Why are people so obsessed with main stats on a weapon? I beat A1 with this:

i-Lj95K2N-M.jpg

And then I found this, and beat A2 with the following weapon:
i-42G7PDZ-M.jpg

Don't ignore weapons like that just because they have no +Dex. +Int adds to your resistance, and +Str adds to your Dex, so the secondary stats aren't completely useless.
23837309_5csmg7

Last night I dropped around 600k on gem crafting nearly wiping me out, I've got 1 amethyst star and a bunch of radiant's so far. It occured to me that I can either drop a ton of money on gems or drop a ton of money on new weapons/gear to achieve LOH/crit%/DEX. Anyone have any advice? I'm basically Act3 Inferno prepping now.

700 all resist (buffed)
5.5k armor
26k health (with mystic ally)
1.74 APS
700 LOH

OTOH forgot my Dex and DPS #'s but I think they are a little on the low side.

Last night I dropped around 600k on gem crafting nearly wiping me out, I've got 1 amethyst star and a bunch of radiant's so far. It occured to me that I can either drop a ton of money on gems or drop a ton of money on new weapons/gear to achieve LOH/crit%/DEX. Anyone have any advice? I'm basically Act3 Inferno prepping now.

700 all resist (buffed)
5.5k armor
1.74 APS
700 LOH

looks to me like at this point upgrades are going to be pretty damn small gear wise. might be worth it to keep dumping into gems..

I'd say no. For 150k you can get an 850ish dps blue, sometimes even higher damage. Depending on your search parameters, you could find one with life on hit or an empty socket.

While sometimes true. I'd rather have a 750 dps weapon with dex and maybe some other stats than a blue with no stats. I found a 1h fist with 1050 dps/socket and its only slightly better than my 900dps sword with 120 dex and a socket. I'd rather have the dex. Dex for a monk is dps/armor/dodge and it scales better with crit and ias

700 all resist (buffed)
5.5k armor
1.74 APS
700 LOH

Armor, HP, resists are a little low for A3. How are you faring in A2? You'll have to play very defensively and get lucky with affix spawns.

I'm at

8k armor with enchant & MoE /w HT
800 all res
34k HP
17k DPS unbuffed
1k LOH
1.53 AS

And I stomp A2. I tried A3 before with your stats with around 11kDPS and it was horribly slow and I basically got face rolled in the depths so I went back to A2 to farm some more.

Im starting to get frustrated with this game. I can farm act1 with any of my specs or gear combos and it's trivial but act2 stomps me into the ground. If I spec for glass cannon kiting, I still get fucked if anything is waller/vortex and I don't have enough gear / LoH for any other spec.

One would think that 35k hp, 600-800 resist all and 27-34k dps would be plenty but certain mob combinations are like beating my head into a wall. I was clearing act1 with 15k dps and 400 resist all when I started and it was less difficult than act 2 with stats twice as good.

Oh and I accidentally vendored my int/vit/res all/critical bracers today. God dammit.

Im starting to get frustrated with this game. I can farm act1 with any of my specs or gear combos and it's trivial but act2 stomps me into the ground. If I spec for glass cannon kiting, I still get fucked if anything is waller/vortex and I don't have enough gear / LoH for any other spec.

One would think that 35k hp, 600-800 resist all and 27-34k dps would be plenty but certain mob combinations are like beating my head into a wall. I was clearing act1 with 15k dps and 400 resist all when I started and it was less difficult than act 2 with stats twice as good.

Oh and I accidentally vendored my int/vit/res all/critical bracers today. God dammit.

What class are you? Also no buy back from vendor? Or do you mean you salvaged?

Also the reality is now if you want to survive inferno and you aren't running a glass cannon spec (glass cannon means 100k+ DPS), you'll need LoH or a lot of passive life regen. That's just the way it is now.

What class are you? Also no buy back from vendor? Or do you mean you salvaged?

Also the reality is now if you want to survive inferno and you aren't running a glass cannon spec (glass cannon means 100k+ DPS), you'll need LoH or a lot of passive life regen. That's just the way it is now.

he does not need life regen or LoH with those stats in act 2. he should be mopping the floor with them packs.

sounds like a skill combination issue to me.

I cleared act 2 with 16.6k damage unbuffed, 632 all resist, 4.3k armor, and 28.8k hitpoints. I had all of 137 life on hit and 2.4% life steal. I played as a monk. Yes, the quest line sucked and cost me 300k-ish in repairs before I was able to beat the act, but it's possible. As others have asked, what class are you? Sounds like a skill issue. Have you tried other builds?

he does not need life regen or LoH with those stats in act 2. he should be mopping the floor with them packs.

sounds like a skill combination issue to me.
in response to the comment about 100k dps, I don't have the gold for that. Any gear that is better than "average" is millions of gold, and I've yet to find an item that's sold for more than 800k in my ~90 hours of playtime.

Regarding skill, I'm not a noob with these types of games. I can probably clear act2 (im up to zoltan Thule) but the issue is that certain mob types are almost impossible to kite and there is nothing I can do if I don't have room to maneuver (cave type levels, tight corridors etc). If its an elite pack with something like reflect dmg/vortex/waller or anything with the fast affix its extremely hard/costly to kill them.

I'm open to suggestions certainly. Telling me I'm bad isn't exactly useful.

I cleared act 2 with 16.6k damage unbuffed, 632 all resist, 4.3k armor, and 28.8k hitpoints. I had all of 137 life on hit and 2.4% life steal. I played as a monk. Yes, the quest line sucked and cost me 300k-ish in repairs before I was able to beat the act, but it's possible. As others have asked, what class are you? Sounds like a skill issue. Have you tried other builds?
Wizard. I've tried a couple builds. Melee tank builds don't work as I don't have enough LoH or critical %. Kite builds are good but certain elite packs are nearly impossible to kite.

Wizard. I've tried a couple builds. Melee tank builds don't work as I don't have enough LoH or critical %. Kite builds are good but certain elite packs are nearly impossible to kite.

i play a wizard and certain packs are just impossible. its the reality of it. find a monk or barb friend and you'll notice how easy it is for you when things arent chasing you all the time

Back