Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I've been wondering about this... i thought they said there was no difference in the ilvl 63 items dropped in Act 4 vs Act 1... yet this does not feel true.

there isnt a diff atleast i havnt notice one, the diff is you see more lvl 63's drop in the higher acts so you get more rolls and a better chance at a higher roll dropping

I've been finding a bunch of ilvl 63 Barb belts with amazing stats. Whars my Monk loot?

I already have half a page of upgrades for my Barbarian for when he gets to 60. Only 58 atm.

idk about you guys but i would love to be buying millions of gold from the AH... where the fuck is that functionality :p

LOL I got 3 or 4 right now but I keep buying stuff and putting it on the RMAH seems to get more that way than trying to sell gold

I've been finding a bunch of ilvl 63 Barb belts with amazing stats. Whars my Monk loot?

I already have half a page of upgrades for my Barbarian for when he gets to 60. Only 58 atm.

Got any good ones for trade or anything? I could use a good barb belt. :p

I just got to Act2 inferno with my barb and im getting beat up now. : /

On another note, anyone feel like doing some coop mf runs in act2 or act1 later when bnet is back up?

I've been wondering about this... i thought they said there was no difference in the ilvl 63 items dropped in Act 4 vs Act 1... yet this does not feel true.

there isnt a diff atleast i havnt notice one, the diff is you see more lvl 63's drop in the higher acts so you get more rolls and a better chance at a higher roll dropping

maybe not a difference in quality but i swear to god a difference in armor models... i saw shoulders in act 3 that ive never seen before in act 1 and 2 and they looked awesome.

pretty sure its an aesthetic thing..

yeah seems to be belt week for me 2 , got a stack of 8 of them with pretty decent stats. All i want is some decent weapon drops everything is 400dps or less :( Finally managed to get past act II on Inferno must say some elites are just crazy - especially chained spiders with super speed and wall. Glad it is over although can see my 700 resist with 28k Health and 18k DPS barb battling on Act III now.

yeah seems to be belt week for me 2 , got a stack of 8 of them with pretty decent stats. All i want is some decent weapon drops everything is 400dps or less :( Finally managed to get past act II on Inferno must say some elites are just crazy - especially chained spiders with super speed and wall. Glad it is over although can see my 700 resist with 28k Health and 18k DPS barb battling on Act III now.

sometimes you just get a gg pack.

The game loves to troll you. Have a monk? Here's a belt with 250 strength/int, 30% critical hit damage, 6% critical hit, 150 vitality, 60 resist all, loh/regen/etc. Gear with dexterity? Not gonna drop! Imagine if you could change classes at will and not forced to stick with a stat that another class uses...

Yeah is anyone else able to back this up with Facts?

Anyone try trade chat? My buddy sweats by it. Sold an unidentified amulet level 62 for 400k and a chest piece level 63 for 250k

Anyone try trade chat? My buddy sweats by it. Sold an unidentified amulet level 62 for 400k and a chest piece level 63 for 250k

Gotta be better than the AH, that place is dead. Hell, the whole game is a ghost town, it's sad. ~30 friends a month ago. A whopping 0 are left.

Hey guys, can anyone provide any insight?

is this monk fist any good?

monkfist.png

^You can try and list it for 10million B/O, but 3-6million is probably more realistic, IMO.

You should never sell unidentified rings or amulets. Even mediocre rolls sell for quite a bit compared to everything else.

Dang, Act 4 Inferno is way easier than it used to be. All the bosses that used to give me nightmares can be beaten in 1 attempt now, including Diablo, with my regular build.

Just made it to inferno and WOW, def under geared. I died by 3 of the fat zombie dudes. I'm low on gold, so do I just run hell again and save up all my gold for some good gear?

Just made it to inferno and WOW, def under geared. I died by 3 of the fat zombie dudes. I'm low on gold, so do I just run hell again and save up all my gold for some good gear?

Yes. Not sure what class you're playing but getting into a group with a geared barbarian or Monk helps immensely.

felt over geared in inferno act I but decidedly thumped in act II - went and bought cheapest string of ears belt and pushed vit and dps + resist at least 700-900 - then killed Beliel last night - but still ran away from crazy spider bosses :).

Pumped all the resistances on my barb to 400+ and my dps is sitting somewhere right under 30k with 43k HP. Starting to finally be able to get through the second half of Act 1... :p

Pumped all the resistances on my barb to 400+ and my dps is sitting somewhere right under 30k with 43k HP. Starting to finally be able to get through the second half of Act 1... :p

That seems like an awful lot of damage to be having issues in Act 1. I finished it with 8-10K damage, 200 resists and 45k health give or take a few thousand. Act 2 is another story, but is fairly easy with 850 resist and 15k damage with around 8k armor, 50k health.

you shouldnt be struggling as a wizard i had less then 200 resist and less then 30k dps more like 22k with 30k hp and i was owning it

Finally soloed Belial in inferno. Act 2 sux so bad. Belial wasn't so bad, but it took a few hours to figure out the dance. Everything leading up to Belial was bad.

No, they're banning botters and the botters are blaming it on Linux.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978861022?page=21#402

We’ve extensively tested for false positive situations, including replicating system setups for those who have posted claiming they were banned unfairly. We’ve not found any situations that could produce a false positive, have found that the circumstances for which they were banned were clear and accurate, and we are extremely confident in our findings.

Playing the game on Linux, although not officially supported, will not get you banned – cheating will.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978861022?page=23#459

People tried to start this rumor last week after the ban wave that hit on the 27th. I'm too fucking lazy to find the thread where the dude said him and his 40 friends all on linux got banned for using it. AH bots/scripts are getting popped, albeit slowly, but some are definitely getting banned.

Seems amazing to me something with that low of dmg goes for 7 mil heh.

Apparently you don't play monk. That is a very nice monk weapon. Sure DPS could always be higher, but some highlights overcome that. Some things are, it is a very fast weapon which is crucial to monks to keep spirit regen high, this also coincides with the LoH which is pretty good on this, and of course it has dex and vit. The only real thing it was short on imo was a socket to put a nice amethyst in there for even more LoH. With that much LoH and fast attack you can pretty much spam your healing skills and tank just about anything. You might not kill baddies in record time but who cares when they can't even put a dent in your hp.

Seems amazing to me something with that low of dmg goes for 7 mil heh.

With the 129 Dex, it's equivalent to about 800 DPS.

If it had another 100 DPS base, you could probably add a digit to the price it would have gone for.

Last edited:
you shouldnt be struggling as a wizard i had less then 200 resist and less then 30k dps more like 22k with 30k hp and i was owning it

wizards aren't in the middle of things....

to the barb I would try tossing in some life on hit stuff because then you can wail away all day long. When I melee wizards I try to get around 800+ life on hit and it goes nicely. Last night I tried playing pure crits after playing so long with life on hit and I kept getting killed because life on hit allowed me to get away with standing around killing things without retreating often. If I were a barb I'd do a build high on life on hit and reflecting melee damage. so many items have 2k+ melee damage reflect so every time they hit YOU you can deal thousands to them and if you have decent life on hit you can make it pretty far just hammering away on them. There's something great about simply not being able to die

I use the LoH weapons, although mine are only like 600 dps weaps with 600+ LoH on each. My stats aren't very high compared to everyone else that posts in here, as I think I have 13k health, 9k dps and 700 resists. I'm doing fine farming act 2, except those occasional bad elite packs, like the desecrator, arcane lazer, fast, plagued... or any named with invulnerable minions ruins my weekend due to the low HP....

what skills are you using? you're gonna have to drop quite a few offensive abilities when you hit inferno too. warcry gives a shit done ton of resist and armor is essentially a resist all its an insanely beautiful thing.

i switched to war cray, frenzy, spinny thing to gain health and the hammer since i made it to hell. im at 33k health with i think only 7.5k damage. saving up for a sweet weapon then going to work on my armor. i think all my resist make it too the 100's when i activate warcry

In lower levels I thought it seemed pointless with its very long CD, but Wrath of the Beserker makes elites much, much easier. Using it only on elites/bosses means the cooldown is usually up unless you hit back to back mobs.

i switched to war cray, frenzy, spinny thing to gain health and the hammer since i made it to hell. im at 33k health with i think only 7.5k damage. saving up for a sweet weapon then going to work on my armor. i think all my resist make it too the 100's when i activate warcry

that damage is really low! you dont need a crazy high dps weapon right now, just something to help you get through act 1.. look for cheap life on hit weapons with 700-800 dps.

Back