Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Sure they do, but you've already admitted you can't afford the price of admission. Until you're geared a little better, you're clearly going to be better off sticking to A1.

all I'm saying is it's lame ;(

Lag > Knowledge of the fight. Always. When you die repeatedly to lag there isn't a thing you can do but:

1) Keep playing even though you're frustrated from dying to 400ms - 2,000ms spikes.

2) Cut the game off and play something else with better latency like my 27ms in BF3.

I like the fact that death means something now. I don't like everything in the world running in place for 5 seconds then suddenly the game says, "You died. Click here to resurrect and give me 13k gold."

What servers do you play on to experience so much lag and from where?

Yeah, I didn't like that I used the AH. But, I also really didn't want to farm. My plan is to get my DH into Inferno as fast as I can. Then I'll use him to farm items for my other characters and the RMAH. I may even park him in Act IV Hell and farm that, depending on how he scales to Act 1 Inferno (IE: If I have to spend millions to get gear good enough to farm Act 1).

It's definitely a Path of Least Resistance conundrum.

Inferno Act II or Act 1

iLvl 61 19% iLvl 61 18%
iLvl 62 12% iLvl 62 8%
iLvl 63 4% iLvl 63 2%

those percentages go a long way. just saying the punishment is way too severe. 20k for a repair bill?
With 5 stacks of valor I'm getting 1000+ gold per pack of mobs I clear generally. I don't think the repair costs are outrageous unless you are dying continuously.

And the percentage changes aren't that bad. 2% versus 4% is 2 items of ilvl 63 quality versus 4 out of 100. Factor in your costs of death and its probably better just to run A1.

I haven't experienced lag per se but I have experienced rubberbanding since 1.03 where it drops me back into the middle of a pack I am kiting on occasion :mad:

I haven't experienced lag per se but I have experienced rubberbanding since 1.03 where it drops me back into the middle of a pack I am kiting on occasion :mad:

All you need is for this to kill you twice to wipe out an hour or more of farming gold. Of course if you can get lucky and sell some loot it makes it up, but you shouldn't have to play the AH to progress in the game. AH is optional.

All you need is for this to kill you twice to wipe out an hour or more of farming gold. Of course if you can get lucky and sell some loot it makes it up, but you shouldn't have to play the AH to progress in the game. AH is optional.
What? 2 deaths for me would be maybe 5k gold. It's 10% durability per death. I died 5-6 times to one really hard pack last night and my repair was 11k for that.

My full repair is around 15-20k at the moment. If you are only getting ~30k gold an hour you are doing something wrong. Yesterday I ran Act 1 once and I got enough essences to sell to repair 3 times at least, plus a ton of rares to vendor, a few to AH, etc.

Trading has always been a part of Diablo at the high end, Blizzard just made it a part of the game for Diablo 3. Adapt.

My plan is to get my DH into Inferno as fast as I can.

Then spend a couple hundred thousand on the AH. Good gear can be had on the cheap. Specifically, look for higher level gear with reduced level requirement.

...depending on how he scales to Act 1 Inferno (IE: If I have to spend millions to get gear good enough to farm Act 1).

Eh, if you're at all smart with your purchases, you can get a set of gear to run A1 for under a million total.

AH is optional.

It's about as optional as not wearing chest armor or only using two skills is optional. It's just stupid to play the game and not make use of what's practically a core mechanic of the game.

Then spend a couple hundred thousand on the AH. Good gear can be had on the cheap. Specifically, look for higher level gear with reduced level requirement.

Eh, if you're at all smart with your purchases, you can get a set of gear to run A1 for under a million total.

a million? no wayyyy you can get it for way less... just use the filters to your advantage.

i did this for a buddy last night... take two primary stats lets say int and vitality minimum of 100 of each stat max buyout 50k.

if lots show up raise the int and vitality in increments and you will find crazy good items at crazy good prices. I probably bought him 5 ilvl62 items for less than 200k and it boosted his hp by 12k and damage by 15k

Does anyone know the diablo 3 server architecture? Did they go cloud, single wherehouse, multipule wherehouse, outsorce to a different company?

The stability seems to be fine.....But the performance sucks pretty hard. I average around 150 MS which in it self isn't that bad but add in the Spikes and rubber banding, which has been exasperated by the most recent patch, and I am getting a bit frustrated.

But the rubber banding might be a programming code issue not a server issue. As certain abilities trigger it more than others. The Monks staff spin run attack rubberbands almost every time when I use it to run out of a mob.

Yeah, I'm hoping to avoid the AH in my run, to keep it profitable in terms of saving the cost of pay to win. But, if it'll cost more in repairs than just AH-ing my way to 60, I'll AH it. I think I can do alright with my purchases, I did my Belial gear upgrade for less then 6000 a piece, except one which was 10. I'm just not sure how DH items scale, and their competetive cost at 60. It seems like one of the more popular level 60 classes, so I figured AH prices might be high.

It'll be good if I need to do it, to do it for under a million though, that's promising.

My experience is the same as his, a good amount of lag and rubberbanding. It's actually laggier than playing Descent 3 over 56k dial up.

US servers, Redmond Washington.

who is your ISP ? and do you have a firewall?

i lived in North Carolina for awhile :) Horrible internet providers -_- drove me crazy

How long ago did you live there? I was thinking about moving there. Well I was going to check it out anyway, it is on the list of possible places.

a million? no wayyyy you can get it for way less... just use the filters to your advantage.

i did this for a buddy last night... take two primary stats lets say int and vitality minimum of 100 of each stat max buyout 50k.

if lots show up raise the int and vitality in increments and you will find crazy good items at crazy good prices. I probably bought him 5 ilvl62 items for less than 200k and it boosted his hp by 12k and damage by 15k

Well, yeah, you CAN do it for under 1mil, but if he's been avoiding the AH like he says he has, he probably has well over 1mil gold.

And for a class that doesn't already stack Int, you're going to want some resists too. Just stacking primary stat and vit is a great way to end up with very crappy effective health.

How long ago did you live there? I was thinking about moving there. Well I was going to check it out anyway, it is on the list of possible places.

about 2 years ago. it was outside of Fayetteville little town called Raeford. It's about 45 minutes from Raleigh.

it's a dope place if you live in raleigh or asheville. asheville is probably the coolest though, a city built in a forest.

1.jpg

Well, yeah, you CAN do it for under 1mil, but if he's been avoiding the AH like he says he has, he probably has well over 1mil gold.

And for a class that doesn't already stack Int, you're going to want some resists too. Just stacking primary stat and vit is a great way to end up with very crappy effective health.

you're right! thats why.. i have enough health and not enough resists and its fucking me. thats the only reason i die really in inferno ;(

My experience is the same as his, a good amount of lag and rubberbanding. It's actually laggier than playing Descent 3 over 56k dial up.

US servers, Redmond Washington.

I have the opposite experience. I do have some lag, and rubber banding but has been an non issue hasn't caused a high repair bill. This is also for the US servers. How strange that the discrepancy of experiences can be so extreme.

Reminds me of all of the BF3 how many people had install problems. Everybody couldn't get the game installed and I was up and running in like 5 minutes.

who is your ISP ? and do you have a firewall?

i lived in North Carolina for awhile :) Horrible internet providers -_- drove me crazy

Time Warner Cable 50 mb service. Just the windows firewall and the crap on the modem / router they provided for us. I can play BF3 lag free but D3 is pure frustration. Actually I don't have lag issues in other games either and I have 390+ games in my Steam library.

On good days my latency in D3 will stay around 178 but you still rubberband like crazy. And since it's random you can't plan for it.

Time Warner Cable 50 mb service. Just the windows firewall and the crap on the modem / router they provided for us. I can play BF3 lag free but D3 is pure frustration. Actually I don't have lag issues in other games either and I have 390+ games in my Steam library.

On good days my latency in D3 will stay around 178 but you still rubberband like crazy. And since it's random you can't plan for it.

i would turn windows firewall off i never have that on ever hahah i hate it; it always gives me issues.. the rubberbanding when your ms isn't bad is pretty normal i get that too at 30-50ms

What? 2 deaths for me would be maybe 5k gold. It's 10% durability per death. I died 5-6 times to one really hard pack last night and my repair was 11k for that.

My full repair is around 15-20k at the moment. If you are only getting ~30k gold an hour you are doing something wrong. Yesterday I ran Act 1 once and I got enough essences to sell to repair 3 times at least, plus a ton of rares to vendor, a few to AH, etc.

Trading has always been a part of Diablo at the high end, Blizzard just made it a part of the game for Diablo 3. Adapt.

I take a ton more durability damage than that. 13k per death. I don't have good gear so I have to eat mortar, walled in, etc damage a lot even though I don't die to it ever. 2 deaths = 50% durability damage on my gear. All level 61+ gear.

Maybe if I replaced my DH's dps gear with resist all gear my repair bill would be less? Since I lag and die like a champ I can't afford the good stuff on the AH. If I get the weak resist stuff it doesn't have good dps stats so I figured that I would hit enrage timers or run the risk of getting lagged into death faster.

I don't like playing with others. I really don't like but maybe 5 people in this world. Thus I resent the AH as they could at least have the seller's name attached to items so I could barter directly with them. I like Ebay as I can contact the seller and make a deal. Buying stuff from a spreadsheet is Zzzzzz.

Blizzard did say they were looking into reducing regular non death related wear and tear on items. That would be a good move. I wouldn't even mind removing the repair cost in favor of an xp penalty pre-inferno and have you have to recover your corpse and gear in inferno, booting corpses to instance entrances for bosses.

People would rage a little, though.

It's about as optional as not wearing chest armor or only using two skills is optional. It's just stupid to play the game and not make use of what's practically a core mechanic of the game.

This is not directed at you; more at Blizzard.

The AH is not my cup of tea. It is too constricting with limited search capabilities and looking at makes me think that it was designed for a retard to use. I want gear with 5 attributes; why can't I search for it? After I have scanned page after page for 10 minutes and found the one I want, the buy button doesn't work as someone else bought it. What happened to real time updates? Who coded this shit? Am I supposed to glance at something that looks like it's the best and buy it for shits n giggles then continue searching for better stuff to make sure I get an upgrade? Why isn't there a compare items button where you can tag say 5 items for comparison shopping?

Ok say it was designed for the elderly or mentally disabled to be able to use. Why isn't there an advanced search function? Call it "elective mode" for the AH. They've been rolling ideas around for 10 years and this is the best that they thought of? Yesterday I bid on an legendary item and I was outbid on it. So how do you find the item that you previously bid on? There were 10 pages of the same item with different attributes and the hell if I want to look through them again to find it. If I missed the advanced tab I apologize, but the default search is pure crap.

Not directing anger at you, but it seems like it is as usable as a Fisher Price wind up toy to me.

I take a ton more durability damage than that. 13k per death. I don't have good gear so I have to eat mortar, walled in, etc damage a lot even though I don't die to it ever. 2 deaths = 50% durability damage on my gear. All level 61+ gear.

Maybe if I replaced my DH's dps gear with resist all gear my repair bill would be less? Since I lag and die like a champ I can't afford the good stuff on the AH. If I get the weak resist stuff it doesn't have good dps stats so I figured that I would hit enrage timers or run the risk of getting lagged into death faster.

I don't like playing with others. I really don't like but maybe 5 people in this world. Thus I resent the AH as they could at least have the seller's name attached to items so I could barter directly with them. I like Ebay as I can contact the seller and make a deal. Buying stuff from a spreadsheet is Zzzzzz.
Here's what I did:

Search on the AH for +Primary Stat, +Vit, and +Res All gear. You should be able to find quite a number of bargain pieces of gear. It won't be optimal, if it's cheap, but it should be good enough to keep you from dying all the time. Granted as a Wizard I have it a bit easier since my primary stat also increases resistances, but with 30k hp and 420 resist all I have fairly good survivability.

You are probably being hit with more repair costs than me since I still have a number of pieces of gear that are <ilvl 61, and repair costs get higher the better the item is.

The AH is not my cup of tea. It is too constricting with limited search capabilities and looking at makes me think that it was designed for a retard to use. I want gear with 5 attributes; why can't I search for it? After I have scanned page after page for 10 minutes and found the one I want, the buy button doesn't work as someone else bought it. What happened to real time updates? Who coded this shit? Am I supposed to glance at something that looks like it's the best and buy it for shits n giggles then continue searching for better stuff to make sure I get an upgrade? Why isn't there a compare items button where you can tag say 5 items for comparison shopping?

Ok say it was designed for the elderly or mentally disabled to be able to use. Why isn't there an advanced search function? Call it "elective mode" for the AH. They've been rolling ideas around for 10 years and this is the best that they thought of? Yesterday I bid on an legendary item and I was outbid on it. So how do you find the item that you previously bid on? There were 10 pages of the same item with different attributes and the hell if I want to look through them again to find it. If I missed the advanced tab I apologize, but the default search is pure crap.

Not directing anger at you, but it seems like it is as usable as a Fisher Price wind up toy to me.

100% agree with you. I am not an AH hater, I use it, I enjoy it as an additional element to the game. This thing needs to be better in its searches. I'd love more fields. How about being able to search for NOT attributes. If I'm looking for a high damage weapon for a toon that doesn't give a rats ass about IAS, I don't want to have to click on pages of items so I'm not overpaying to have a useless attribute on an item.

D3 AH: There is no cow that says, "Mooooooooo."

I 100% agree with this. It is very annoying, functionally, that they don't seem to have more advanced features available.

What I've ended up doing is entering the minimum values on the stats I want, and then setting a maximum buyout price that I am willing to pay for an item. This helps narrow the searches down to items that I may want to buy, rather than sorting through page after page. If there are too many pages at that price, I raise the minimum number of stats until I get more manageable results. That also means that generally the item quality is better too.

I gotta know. Are you guys paying x,000,000g+ for your gear on the AH? I seriously crap my pants everytime I look in the AH; there's gotta be some people buying this gear for this much if sellers keep posting for so high.

I haven't paid more than 200k gold for any one item. I got a 720dps 1h with +120 vit / + 120 int for 100k. There are plenty of good deals to be had.

I gotta know. Are you guys paying x,000,000g+ for your gear on the AH? I seriously crap my pants everytime I look in the AH; there's gotta be some people buying this gear for this much if sellers keep posting for so high.

Dear god no. I enter a maximum price I want to pay and search. I spent 200,000 on a quiver once though. I replaced it with a 5,000g one a day later. It's all about luck in the AH.

I haven't paid more than 200k gold for any one item. I got a 720dps 1h with +120 vit / + 120 int for 100k. There are plenty of good deals to be had.

My current non-fist monk weapon does around 550 dps @ 1.2 aps and from what I am seeing in order for me to step up buy-in is around 1.5M for a fist that does decent damage with decent stats. I must be "doing it wrong". I figure most rational people would laugh at the prices.

Yes. Almost all of my armor slots have been at least 2m. My weapon cost 13m.

Oh and Rizen I'm not dying and taking durability damage. I'm getting hit by the mobs because they have Mortar + speed + extra health + reflect damage +immumity +arcane sentry and sometimes chains. They take 1/2 of my 35k health if they melee me. After kiting something like that around for 3 - 5 mins my durability has taken a severe beating even though I haven't died.

I guess i'm doing it right; I haven't watched many videos on Demon Hunters. I'll take suggestions on how to tank them!

I'll be honest, I haven't even looked at the stats on items over 500k gold. I spent 80k on a weapon yesterday, which is definitely the most I've spent. I dont even know how gimp I am as I haven't compared! Outside of a half dozen or so elite crazy affix packs, there haven't been any difficult points in the game yet at 59/AcIV Hell.

My current non-fist monk weapon does around 550 dps @ 1.2 aps and from what I am seeing in order for me to step up buy-in is around 1.5M for a fist that does decent damage with decent stats. I must be "doing it wrong". I figure most rational people would laugh at the prices.

Ignore stats. DPS is king. So for a monk, the only stat you want to look for is Dex. Other than that, if it's got a socket, that's great, because you can put in a high end amethyst for life on hit or an emerald for crit damage (if you've got a crit build).

And put a max buyout in your search. Set it at whatever you feel comfortable spending on a weapon. Heck, even 100k should get you something in the 700 DPS range. Personally, I'd shoot for something with a base attack speed of 1.4 or better (swords and fists are 1.4, daggers are 1.5).

Last edited:

It's pretty easy to get gold when you get higher or know how to earn it. I took a few day break though and when I came back, I noticed prices had actually gone up (both RMAH and GAH). That made me smile. :)

It's pretty easy to get gold when you get higher or know how to earn it. I took a few day break though and when I came back, I noticed prices had actually gone up (both RMAH and GAH). That made me smile. :)

Thx for the tips and please keep them coming lol.

Gold? It sure as hell isn't in act 1 inferno. The repair bill is crazy.

Guys just man up and play HardCore like me. No high Auction house rates because there is no RMAH =)

Back