Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I just hope I can enjoy the game by farming my own stuff later on.

There's no way in hell I'll ever be able to buy any good lvl60 items from AH. I don't even have a million gold yet, lol. And now the economy is screwed by all these exploits.

You're gonna love this guys, ive just read this on the blizz forums. there is now an exploit using the PC clock timer to dupe gold

"Player A puts item up on AH
Player B buys item
Player A takes out the gold from that transaction
Player B turns back the clock on his desktop by 2 days
Player B will get back the money he spent on the item, and player A will also have the money that was originally paid, thus duping the gold. FIX PLEASE BLIZZARD. "

Holy crap :0 Some amazing testers blizz have
I just picked up an ammy for 1 million... I'm tempted to do this, lol.

Christ. I'm really glad I got my money back now. I'm in disbelief that with them forcing you to be online, using their servers for EVERYTHING, your auctions would be tied to your system clock. This is priceless. It has to make you think what would of happened with the RMAH... THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN EPIC!

That is some funny shit....lul.

I dont believe some idiot recorded himself doing that and then labeled it as an exploit...Haha..

sweet, found a place to get myself 30K XP/minute.
Hope they don't nerf it since they nerfed Zoltan in Nightmare, only 8400 XP from him, down from 36K.

Well shit. As if the economy weren't already borked to begin with. If blizzard doesn't do any kind of rollback I will be getting a refund. This is ridiculous.

I honestly think the only way to save the game right now, as much as it would piss everyone off, is scorched earth. Reset everyones gear and gold to nothing. Ban the dupers and botters. Then maybe those of us who aren't exploiting nonstop will actually have a chance to use the auction house.

Well shit. As if the economy weren't already borked to begin with. If blizzard doesn't do any kind of rollback I will be getting a refund. This is ridiculous.

I honestly think the only way to save the game right now, as much as it would piss everyone off, is scorched earth. Reset everyones gear and gold to nothing. Ban the dupers and botters. Then maybe those of us who aren't exploiting nonstop will actually have a chance to use the auction house.

Never happen in a million years. Thank goodness.

On another note, I did some Act 2 Inferno gobbing last night with my HC Wizard. Stats: 53K HP, 700AR (some 800), 5.5k armor, and 14kish DPS.

Ridiculous. I can take 5 or so hits probably, but I need a serious DPS boost. Lack of good 1h in HC is such a pain. I have 17 million, but I don't really wanna drop 5+ million on a mediocre weapon. Currently using a 500dps 200int/230vit 1h which is hard as hell to replace because of all the vitality.

I'll wait for the patch so my group can actually play through Act III/IV Hell and Act 1 Inferno and get some good stuff.

And props to the guys who have gone through Act 2 and Act 3 on HC. It is no joke.

Last edited:
Yeah the aoe-on-impact fireball was my biggest nemesis throughout phase 1 and 2 because of the issues above. You have to keep your distance from him at all times so you can have enough breathing room to teleport (or step) away from the fireball before the impact is registered. As you mentioned, I think its designed in a way that you'll always be at the dead center of the aoe if it touches you (which basically means death most of the time). jolli mentioned a tidbit to stay away from the edges to avoid his teleportation, which helps immensely. It's a little harder to avoid on phase 2, but still works. I think I used teleport primarily when he ran super fast toward me rather than to avoid the fireball itself. Being a good distance from him makes it easy to side step it. In some cases, don't hesitate to touch a wall/cliff in order to avoid a fireball. He'll teleport on you but that doesn't always guarantee death. So many times I've died because I was trying to avoid the fireball and edge simultaneously but just ended up getting hit. :D

Thanks for the tip, I didnt know he only ports when touching edges.

I use Fracture Teleport (clones on teleport) and crystal diamond skin (21k absorb). I usually teleport when he ports, and if my tele isnt up, diamond skin, get hit (full absorb with force armor), which resets my teleport again for his third port. By the time his fourth, sixth, ect port is up, my diamond skin is ready to take a hit and reset my teleport cooldown.

The hard part is in act 2 when he ports and instantly does that fireball, but if I can prevent him from porting, it should be a non issue.

Yeah, it should nullify the need to juggle your ports with diamond skin. Without Diablo teleporting, you can basically keep your distance all the time except when he sprints towards you. That's the only time when I use teleport myself, though on occasion I use it to dodge an unexpected fireball. The CD will be up by the next time he repeats. Just be careful not to port into a wall/cliff edge lol.

edit: I just realized I repeated what I said earlier <_< But regardless, you might be able to afford dropping diamond skin and illusionist for something else. You can take *some* of the aoe damage if you get hit by the fireball but port out quickly. Nothing a pot can't fix.

I think that a pc clock time change would be extremely easy for warden to detect, so banning should happen fairly easily. On the other hand, tracking down all the gold that gets distributed due to the exploit is probably one hell of a task...

They are actually fun, but past Hell, they can't do much.

I disagree with that. I have 2 friends who play WD that have soloed through Act 1/2 in worse gear than I have.

The WD has CC and can turn enemies into chickens/pigs etc. Very very very viable.

The problem is that lag can be introduced just about anywhere between someones house and the servers.

This!

I had a good solid 100 ms ping last night, but I noticed I hit some lag spikes towards the end of the night.

Doubtful it was my connection, but I was aware of the lag because I saw the ping go from like 94 to 300-400 and even 1200 ms.

Otherwise during the back and forth between speeds of like 94 MS and like 144 MS and 191 even I really wasn't noticing anything and this was on Act 3 inferno and I was clicking like a madman.

anyone have tips for me, im 56 wizard, i have like no gold and hard time making/getting gold.. Most i ever had was like 150K, and im down to like 76K.. = (

I've just been vendoring most of my items for the gold since I've had no luck with the auction house. It seems that my drops just have totally crappy stats. :(

I honestly don't think blizzard intends you to play Diablo 3 for 7 years. Like I said before people played Diablo 2 for 8 years because there was nothing better. Times have changed and Blizzard knows this.

You will have Diablo 4/5 out there 7 years from now.

so not true, their will not be a diablo 4 or 5 within 7 years. you have to be kidding me man.. do you not know blizzard?.... Their are two diablo expansions to come out still not to mention their new MMO, Blizzard DOTA (All Stars) which has been collecting dust for years.

YOU WILL BE LUCKY to see the first Diablo Expansion next year and followed by the last expansion in two years. Then you got the new MMO + Heart of the Swarm and the 3rd Starcraft Expansion.. You will not see a Diablo 4 or 5 for 10years if ever.

vendor stuff
sell rares on the AH

i try selling on AH it hasnt been that profitable for me, most my items barely sell and when they do i have to list them all up for like 3K each. I guess ill start vendoring crap i normally break it down at the blacksmith.

Most sub-60 gear will be vendored unless they have decent stats. I've noticed some main stat + vit gear will sell well as long as they're cheap. Often much better than vendor price. Once you hit Inferno, salvaging level 60 gear (which you otherwise would vendor) will make you some decent gold. Mats from Hell and below are borderline worthless and better off vendored instead of salvaged.

i try selling on AH it hasnt been that profitable for me, most my items barely sell and when they do i have to list them all up for like 3K each. I guess ill start vendoring crap i normally break it down at the blacksmith.

what level of items i make from 5k to 50k on level 58 to 60 items
for the most part items under level 60 wont sell for more then 20k

I just finished killing Diablo on Inferno difficulty with my second character(monk) tonight and I have to say it feels extremely anti-climatic. Sort of a sense of.... umm... now what? with no higher difficulty to attempt and no more bosses to kill until the next expansion. I am somewhat tempted to grind gear for the sake of grinding gear. You to know -- to show off to my real life friends..... I HAVE LEGENDARIES IN EVERY SLOT. *Nerd Snort* -- but then I realized how incredibly geeky that achievement would be...

Overall, I probably got a good 120 hours of entertainment or more for my $60.00 purchase so I don't feel bad about it. I spent a good 90 hours of that time just grinding items/gold in Inferno though. I didn't find the whole grinding process that 'fun'. So I feel like I had 30 hours of fun and 90 hours of make-work for a unfulfilling end. Thus almost like $2.00 an hour in terms of cost per hour of entertainment and I don't really feel this game is worth $2.00 an hour.

In retrospect, I think I would have had more fun if I was playing a higher-quality gaming experience IMHO like having purchased FF13-X2 (since I love RPGs) for $30.00 and put the other $30.00 towards maybe SW:Tor or Tera or a steam sale on Max Payne 3.

Ah how I love how far people are willing to go on certain subjects. ;) (especially this whole dupe thing)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uxgjg/major_gold_dupe_exploit_happening_right_now/c4zh095
Bashiok has reported that as far as they're aware, this never happened.

We haven't deployed any hot fixes this evening. As far as we can tell the supposed exploit never worked, but we'll continue looking into it. Yes, changing the system clock can change auction times, but that doesnt dupe gold. It's pretty easy to see how much gold people have, and we have no indication anyone has/had that much.

source

*Edit: Bashiok challenged Kripp to prove that this exploit works. His friend, who started this rumor, claimed that a client update was pushed during a lag spike (a ridiculous claim). Bashiok has further confirmed this duplication never happened with the following:

Alright, so as stated he didn't try the dupe on the stream, so I guess everyone claiming otherwise is ... pleasantly mistaken? His friend claims it worked, which is great, but obviously the photos floating around are shopped. I appreciate the repro steps, and the belief that server lag is secret hotfixes. As I said we'll continue investigating.
source

Nothing more to see here, folks. Put the pitchforks down. :)

anyone have tips for me, im 56 wizard, i have like no gold and hard time making/getting gold.. Most i ever had was like 150K, and im down to like 76K.. = (

Don't waste money on the Blacksmith.
Sell items on AH (Things with decent stats, don't just sell because you can)
Farm Act 3 nightmare (invest in gold find gear - You can spend about 100k on 10-15% GF) It will pay itself off in 1 hour. Specifically the Hear of Sin quest before you try to beat azmo. Arreat level 2 I believe. Should be able to take a way point there. Just play that one level alone will net about 7-15k gold every 3-4 minutes it takes to run through there. I get drops of 100-700 gold. In a week alone, I've made about 1 million.

Ah how I love how far people are willing to go on certain subjects. ;) (especially this whole dupe thing)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uxgjg/major_gold_dupe_exploit_happening_right_now/c4zh095

People are fucking morons. This is the problem.

The community as a whole just ruins games now a days. Half of all meta critic reviews are just made up by people who didn't play the game and just have a rage boner for anything DRM related.

Too many outlets. You have too many review sites, too many people have voices on the internet and just bitch about anything and everything now a days.

I have a fireplace that is slowly falling through my house (long story), I have a shower that I need to rip out and replace. I have a dent I need to get fixed on my car etc.

People should have issues in life. Something like bitching about Diablo on metacritic just proves you don't have much of a life.

I just finished killing Diablo on Inferno difficulty with my second character(monk) tonight and I have to say it feels extremely anti-climatic. Sort of a sense of.... umm... now what? with no higher difficulty to attempt and no more bosses to kill until the next expansion. I am somewhat tempted to grind gear for the sake of grinding gear. You to know -- to show off to my real life friends..... I HAVE LEGENDARIES IN EVERY SLOT. *Nerd Snort* -- but then I realized how incredibly geeky that achievement would be...

Overall, I probably got a good 120 hours of entertainment or more for my $60.00 purchase so I don't feel bad about it. I spent a good 90 hours of that time just grinding items/gold in Inferno though. I didn't find the whole grinding process that 'fun'. So I feel like I had 30 hours of fun and 90 hours of make-work for a unfulfilling end. Thus almost like $2.00 an hour in terms of cost per hour of entertainment and I don't really feel this game is worth $2.00 an hour.

In retrospect, I think I would have had more fun if I was playing a higher-quality gaming experience IMHO like having purchased FF13-X2 (since I love RPGs) for $30.00 and put the other $30.00 towards maybe SW:Tor or Tera or a steam sale on Max Payne 3.

Welcome to Diablo. That's what it's all about.

Your argument is moot. FF13 X2 is a shit game. Like honestly that isn't an opinion. The game is boring and awful and makes the grind on Diablo 3 look like childs play when you figure how repetitive FF13X2 is without a storyline to keep you playing further.

Max Payne is not anywhere near a 90 hour game. In fact it is probably like an 8 to 10 hour game. Whether you make up the difference in MP is subjective.

SW:Tor is an MMO so you would have payed 30 bucks for it only to get a month of play time.

Things are always shitty when you look back in retrospec. My ex gf had a dog face but when I was with her she was the most beautiful girl in the world.

You didn't play the game for another 30 hours just to grind inferno if you actually hated it. Your expectations from Diablo 2 to 3 have changed.

Your argument is moot. FF13 X2 is a shit game. Like honestly that isn't an opinion. The game is boring and awful and makes the grind on Diablo 3 look like childs play when you figure how repetitive FF13X2 is without a storyline to keep you playing further.

Max Payne is not anywhere near a 90 hour game. In fact it is probably like an 8 to 10 hour game. Whether you make up the difference in MP is subjective.

SW:Tor is an MMO so you would have payed 30 bucks for it only to get a month of play time.

Things are always shitty when you look back in retrospec. My ex gf had a dog face but when I was with her she was the most beautiful girl in the world.

You didn't play the game for another 30 hours just to grind inferno if you actually hated it. Your expectations from Diablo 2 to 3 have changed.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who sees the truth in things. Being an older gamer, it's difficult to deal with all the hyper kids that have no background or gaming history but have to constantly give their expert opinion on everything.

for the people talking about rubberbanding, are you actually talking about D3 hit detection (pure BS) which is a conscious game design decision by Blizzard?

Diablo hit detection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN8x64c6gsI

Thanks for that video. It was quite hilarious to watch. It makes me kind of happy I play a monk because I am used to getting hit as I'm standing infront of the monster attacking.

I played FF13 and many people felt that game was terrible. I somewhat agree in that the intro period felt like a never ending tutorial. Once the 8 hour tutorial period was over :p, I actually enjoyed the story,world-setting, character development, skill tree, battle system, etc.

So I imagine that even though most ppl did not like FF13 and I did, I could very well see myself enjoying FF13-X2 even though you feel in your opinion that its a "shit game" by which I assume an underpaid disgruntled retail employee somewhere opened your game package, deposited an extra special surprise and then sold it to you.

The point I was trying to make though was that I only felt about 30 hours of Diablo 3 were actually fun and even then not that much fun and the 90 hour work/grind period of Inferno kind of negates the 'fun' of the first 30 hours. Leaving a somewhat overall sour/mediocre experience when factoring in the 1:3 fun to not-fun ratio of time. I didn't hate the game as you stated and never said 'hate' anywhere in my post.

I just wished I had spent my money elsewhere. I am aware that Max Payne 3 is only about 8-10 hours but feel it would have been a much higher quality experience and overall fun experience throughout than Diablo 3 and at a lesser cost. Yes, if I bought SW:Tor/Tera which are both mmorpgs, I am well aware I would have only gotten 1 months worth of play. However, its a little under a month that Diablo 3 has been out and I'm finished with the game. Thus the comparison is pretty valid, wouldn't you say?

so not true, their will not be a diablo 4 or 5 within 7 years. you have to be kidding me man.. do you not know blizzard?.... Their are two diablo expansions to come out still not to mention their new MMO, Blizzard DOTA (All Stars) which has been collecting dust for years.

YOU WILL BE LUCKY to see the first Diablo Expansion next year and followed by the last expansion in two years. Then you got the new MMO + Heart of the Swarm and the 3rd Starcraft Expansion.. You will not see a Diablo 4 or 5 for 10years if ever.

Expansions? Expansions are a thing of the past. You will see expansions, but they will be sold at 60 dollars.

Otherwise I see episode content. I see something like "Act 5/6/7" for 15 dollars a piece. Then I see a Diablo 4 in 5-7 years. Blizzard is a publicly traded company with 4 times the employee base than 10 years ago.

Back