Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Trying to kill Diablo on Nightmare with a Demon Hunter but keep getting 7,000ms lag spikes which leave me running in place and you know the rest. Think I'm going to retire the game for a bit and revisit it in a month or two. Really fun game but I can't stand dying over and over to server lag and not my own mistakes. At least there's no monthly fee.

Sorry to hear what I thought all along that the gear drops in the game were being held back by the AH. Maybe they will loosen the reins a bit by the time I give it another try.

I'm done with the game for now as well. No Australian servers so trying to avoid attacks is an exercise in futility because everything hits you seconds after you've left the area of effect. Getting destroyed in Act IV Normal as a Barbarian...

An example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xCqnUePGus&feature=related

Last edited:
It starting to get a little redundant, IMO. I've already put 91 hours in it. Been farming for days, and not a single legendary. Bunch of random items and rarely get a yellow that fits my hero. If the loot is based on luck, what's the point of the game?

So I bought the game last night and played... way to much.

I was completely wrong about everything and I'm glad I just caved and bought it. I love the game. Addicting as hell.

Ya I'm glad I caved and got it. The game is actually much better than I thought it would be and I'm willing to admit I was wrong about it. The characters all have some depth to them and the atmosphere is perfect for a Diablo game. The new tristram is perfect. I'm just level 10 right now on my wizard and trying the monk now but both characters are a ton of fun and the moves are impressive.

I'm enjoying the game immensely and looking forward to the harder levels.

I think playing through D3 (at least through Hell) is feasible without the aid of the AH. It's more like "what you don't know won't hurt you" kind of thing. If you theoretically never knew the AH existed, you'd simply think that D3 was harder than D2 and that good drops are less common, regardless of the reason behind it.

Unless you're crazy lucky with drops I don't think there's anyway to make it through Hell without buying items.

Unless you're crazy lucky with drops I don't think there's anyway to make it through Hell without buying items.

I'd honestly have to try it out myself to be sure. However, I think that the AH downright trivialized Hell's difficulty for me. I did struggle for a little bit toward the end, but changing my build and gems made a world of a difference, which anyone can do. Hell without a level 60 weapon would be pretty interesting though...

You would have to avoid every pack of champ mobs, but then your screwed when you get to inferno having to buy off the AH. I grinded out 2 levels in hell act1 to make champ mobs easier. Not one drop I could use or one I could even consider using. The drops are terrible in this game. I'm level 55 in hell and I just got a level 37 1hander. Come the fuck on. Normal rare drops are usually 5-10 levels lower, that drop was the worst I have seen. Imho they should of kept item lvls. Inferno is going to be interesting, but I don't anticipate it holding my attention. I'm feeling like giving Inferno some play time and then just waiting a few months until they get the pvp patch in. (I have no idea when that will be, it was just an assumption).

Well, it depends what class you play (*cough* DH or wizard *cough*). That being said, I think it was wrong of Blizzard to tie item drop rates to the AH. So they didn't want to destroy the economy... Well, if I was a gold farmer, I'd farm the the end of Nightmare to make sure nobody could move on without going through the AH.

Hit 60, now in Inferno act 1...

Blizzard ruined the itemization... impossible to play without using AH. In 60 levels, not a single legendary or set item drop. All rare items were trash (for monk), I ended up buying all my gear via AH.

Diablo: Lord of Auctions is it? Bleh...

Well, it depends what class you play (*cough* DH or wizard *cough*). That being said, I think it was wrong of Blizzard to tie item drop rates to the AH. So they didn't want to destroy the economy... Well, if I was a gold farmer, I'd farm the the end of Nightmare to make sure nobody could move on without going through the AH.

Playing a DH or Wizard doesn't change the fact that you're still going to have to go to the AH for the vast majority of your gear upgrades.

The best items I've picked up are from my party members. I've given a friend a set of legendary boots I found and some damn fine items to others, and others have given me some awesome gear. I've purchased a few things off the AH but much prefer to sell on there and trade with those I'm working with in the game. The best items I've picked up in game were from the random containers or weapon racks I've destroyed, which is weird.

Playing a DH or Wizard doesn't change the fact that you're still going to have to go to the AH for the vast majority of your gear upgrades.

+1.

That being said, DH and Wiz are like EZ mode as compared to Barbie/Monk...

It starting to get a little redundant, IMO. I've already put 91 hours in it. Been farming for days, and not a single legendary. Bunch of random items and rarely get a yellow that fits my hero. If the loot is based on luck, what's the point of the game?

if you're playing 7-8 hrs per day since release.... what did you expect? Of course you're going to get burnt out from playing so much....

Any game would feel redundant after putting in nearly 100 hrs in less than 2 weeks.

Lowering droprates won't do anything to stop the economy from tanking when there isn't a constant stream of items being destroyed. It will just take longer for it to happen.

if you're playing 7-8 hrs per day since release.... what did you expect? Of course you're going to get burnt out from playing so much....

Any game would feel redundant after putting in nearly 100 hrs in less than 2 weeks.

It's not the hours; it's the loss of the sense of accomplishment. Some drops would be nice to pump you back up to give you the incentive to continue. Just like too many drops would bore you to death. I think Blizzard is setting us up to make the same amount of money as if they released DLC for the game; by taking a cut of the profits with the RMAH. Keep our drops nonexistent and make us buy and sell on the RMAH.

I won't buy shit from RMAH, when I can't continue to play the game without opening my wallet again, I will start playing torchlight 1 and then 2 LOL

I AM having a blast though with D3.

so I noticed a week into the game, people had like 100 million gold.

So what is even the point of gold in the game? Why would anyone need the stuff at this point?

Hit 60, now in Inferno act 1...

Blizzard ruined the itemization... impossible to play without using AH. In 60 levels, not a single legendary or set item drop. All rare items were trash (for monk), I ended up buying all my gear via AH.

Diablo: Lord of Auctions is it? Bleh...

Welcome to high level item hunting in Blizzard games. Until they add more itemization and or content , your going to have to live off the AH or get lucky as shit with drops.

Just downed Belial on Hell at level 57 on my wizard. Really having fun with this game.

Had to go to the AH for vitality pieces just so I could survive, though.

I got to the boss rocking 11K health and 6K dps and was practically one-shot in the third phase even with Blur and that armor boost on Energy Armor active. So spent about 50K gold on various slots and retried it with 21K health and 7.5K dps and the encounter went much more smoothly.

In 57 levels I've gotten literally nothing but crap drops, stuff which is totally unsuitable for my wizard or something which is 5-15 levels lower and worthless. Out of everything that has ever dropped in 60 hours of play I think I've ended up using maybe 3-4 yellow pieces and my rings and amulets.

It feels more and more like an auction house for virtual items that has an in-built game, rather than the other way around.

Blizzard has completely fucked the game for the sake of this bullshit.

Just makes it easy to trade is all

I disenchanted 3 mule characters full of golds that were worthless for Demon Hunter. You can't put up but 10 items on the AH at a time so what's the point in it? I just sell golds for 3,000 to keep them flowing out of my stash. I'd rather get something worthwhile for my character killing bosses as it makes killing them all the worthwhile. Getting crap for a Barbarian when my class isn't that pissed me off.

To each his own though I suppose.

I disenchanted 3 mule characters full of golds that were worthless for Demon Hunter. You can't put up but 10 items on the AH at a time so what's the point in it? I just sell golds for 3,000 to keep them flowing out of my stash. I'd rather get something worthwhile for my character killing bosses as it makes killing them all the worthwhile. Getting crap for a Barbarian when my class isn't that pissed me off.

To each his own though I suppose.

I've noticed that gear exclusive to the class you are playing at the time seems to drop the least...

I've noticed that gear exclusive to the class you are playing at the time seems to drop the least...

Yes, that's what I noticed also. It's like it was forbidden for me to get loot for the character I was playing at the time. I hate Barbarians so much I disenchant their golds rather than sell them on the AH. I don't hate the class because it's something I dislike playing; I hate it because it's 90% of the gear that drops for me.

Games should be fun; not aggravating.

Isn't that general rule for any MMO? :) Happened a lot in WoW for me.... when I was on my cleric, the Death Knight loot was dropping, on my DK only cloth drops :) took me about 20 runs to get the plate 353 ilevel helmet from troll dungeons ;D

I don't know why a lot of you feel so entitled to legendaries and item upgrades. I'm in Act 4 Inferno and when I farm, an upgrade is seen as a cool bonus, and not something I should be getting every run.

You're basically complaining that the random loot is random. These were the most annoying people in MMOs.

I don't know why a lot of you feel so entitled to legendaries and item upgrades. I'm in Act 4 Inferno and when I farm, an upgrade is seen as a cool bonus, and not something I should be getting every run.

You're basically complaining that the random loot is random. These were the most annoying people in MMOs.

Problems arise when you are a pure melee character on higher difficulties, a character that is bound to get hammered a lot because he has to be in the middle of action all the time. If you are unlucky with rolls your character is constantly under equipped for the challenges ahead of you. Heaven help you whenever you see those pesky blue champs, atleast 1 death is almost impossible to avoid. And waaayyy over-nerfed followers arent exactly helping the situation... It wasnt until lately my luck changed for a little bit and I still had to buy a better armor from AH to replace on I got on Normal difficulty, and I am in the middle of Act 2!

Diablo 2 didnt have this problem that I can remember. There was always better gear you could have, but you were rarely underequipped.

Last edited:

If i wore the gear that dropped, I'd be wearing level 8 gear into Hell mode. Level 8 was the last time something dropped and was an upgrade. My character is level 51. So what you're saying is that I'm seeking "entitlement"? What I'm saying is that I'm seeking fun as getting loot for every other class besides my own from level 8 until 51 is pretty stupid?

It seems to me that my class items (wands) never have int but str ot dex. I was using a 2 hand bow with 200 int for a while. In fact the ah recommended page shows all weapons and somewhere on page. 30 is the first wand. The first 30 are maces hammers axes and the occasional dagger. Itemizaton is porked.

I've gotten about 3 drops through Act 1 NM on HC mode that were pretty nice for my class.

I had slightly better since I bought them on the AH, but these will go on the AH for a decent price I think.

It seems to me that my class items (wands) never have int but str ot dex. I was using a 2 hand bow with 200 int for a while. In fact the ah recommended page shows all weapons and somewhere on page. 30 is the first wand. The first 30 are maces hammers axes and the occasional dagger. Itemizaton is porked.

I find that for my wizard as well. Class specific items for the wizard don't carry the highest intellect. Rather, axes, swords, pole arms and other such weapons carry more intellect. Definitely interesting.

What does everyone think about bind on wearing the item? meaning once it has been on your character you cannot sell it in the AH only NPC's.

What does everyone think about bind on wearing the item? meaning once it has been on your character you cannot sell it in the AH only NPC's.

Didnt like it on SWTOR and certainly dont like it here, though I havent encountered this yet, mostly my old gear gets salvaged.

1 legendary per 50+ hours is normal to you?

And when you do get it... your yellow is better anyways.

BoE is silly. Please keep WoW stuff in the WoW universe :)

As for everyone picking up that helps other classes...I would assume you have more than one character, yes? I have a monk/DH - they both can share the dex items, while the class specific bows/fists can be offloaded. Ditto with finding decent wands - you guys are allowed to play more than one character you know haha.

It'll be good experience too.

Why didn't blizzard add runewords, charms, and jewels? White/Grey items are completely useless but if we had runewords we'd have a reason to pick them up rather than them not even being worth it to vendor. The itemization in this game is terrible, I am playing D2 more than D3.

Back