• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

make sure you use elective mode to get a better combo.. I use electrocute / arcane orb with the runed extra dmg / frost nova with a chance to cast another nova rune / force push / arcane tornado

the combo is fantastic. especially for large packs. in terms of single target dmg though I do struggle in comparison to them

Yea right now this is how my setup looks...

Mouse skills
1. Magic Missile /w Inc Dmg
2. Arcane Orb /w Inc Dmg
Bar Skills
1. Frost Nova /w CD reduction
2. Diamond Skin /w + dmg absorbed
3. Wave of Force /w Stun
4. Teleport
Passives
1. CD Reduction
2. Glass Cannon

Didn't like how the bolts or tornado functioned. Nado just seemed wayyyyyy too random. Frost Nova + Arcane orb spam is fun though :)

I just wish they had done more signature moves. Maybe like a fireball or something :(

My eventual build
1. Magic Missile
2. Arcane Orb
3. Meteor
4. Blizzard
5. Frost Nova
6. Teleport
7. Glass Cannon
8. Cold Resolve
9. CD Reduction
 
Do I spend money on some basic items or keep saving for a powerful ones?
 
Yea right now this is how my setup looks...

Mouse skills
1. Magic Missile /w Inc Dmg
2. Arcane Orb /w Inc Dmg
Bar Skills
1. Frost Nova /w CD reduction
2. Diamond Skin /w + dmg absorbed
3. Wave of Force /w Stun
4. Teleport
Passives
1. CD Reduction
2. Glass Cannon

Didn't like how the bolts or tornado functioned. Nado just seemed wayyyyyy too random. Frost Nova + Arcane orb spam is fun though :)

I just wish they had done more signature moves. Maybe like a fireball or something :(

My eventual build
1. Magic Missile
2. Arcane Orb
3. Meteor
4. Blizzard
5. Frost Nova
6. Teleport
7. Glass Cannon
8. Cold Resolve
9. CD Reduction


I agree lacking in the single target dps if you ask me! I like your build though dude
 
Do I spend money on some basic items or keep saving for a powerful ones?

crafting is definitely worth the investment too btw. the crafted gear I've made is the best so far adding crazy high stats like my lvl 15 wiz has an axe that gives +23 to intelligence.
 
Played about 3 hours last night as Hodor The Barbarian and almost got my ass killed at Skeleton King, lol. He's a lot more tough than they made him in the beta! I've found 4 or 5 rares so far; they're pretty damn cool looking when one has fire and the other has ice damage. Trying to save gold to buy extra slots so I can dump off some of the better items for whatever class I'm going to play next
 
Well I played for a bit and got my DH to lvl 12 or so. I got what appeared to be server lag. I was able to move around, but none of my abilities would work (though my character would do the animation). I tried exiting the game, and it wouldn't let me do it. I ended up having to close the game manually from the desktop.

Now when I try to play, it gives me an error about not being able to locate all the proper components or something like that. I looked it up on the official forum, and it appears I'm far from the only one with this issue. Oh well, I have to get ready to go to work now anyway. Hopefully it will be working when I get home tonight.
 
Played about 3 hours last night as Hodor The Barbarian and almost got my ass killed at Skeleton King, lol. He's a lot more tough than they made him in the beta! I've found 4 or 5 rares so far; they're pretty damn cool looking when one has fire and the other has ice damage. Trying to save gold to buy extra slots so I can dump off some of the better items for whatever class I'm going to play next

Yeah I got a chest piece off the Skele King and it looked cool color wise. Act 2 you get some dyes from vendors I guess which is exciting
 
I just wanted to say "thanks" for people respectfully using spoiler tags so far :), makes for an easier-to-read thread for those who haven't gone through much of the game yet :D.
 
I just wanted to say "thanks" for people respectfully using spoiler tags so far :), makes for an easier-to-read thread for those who haven't gone through much of the game yet :D.

Of course man :) Personally I'd be pissed if somebody ruined the rest of it for me I've only beaten act 1
 
I only played a couple hours of the beta so I'm not very familiar with the whole blacksmith/crafting/upgrade side of things. Does anyone know of any good guides for this or is it pretty straight forward once you get farther into the game?
 
I only played a couple hours of the beta so I'm not very familiar with the whole blacksmith/crafting/upgrade side of things. Does anyone know of any good guides for this or is it pretty straight forward once you get farther into the game?

its pretty straight forward.. salvage magic items for materials.. money upgrades for more recipes.

its worth the money too :) personally I have spent pretty much all my gold upgrading him and crafting and it's paid off handsomely. And not just for me Ive crafted items for my friends a lot too because the stats on them are random
 
This game rapes path of exile

No kidding one thing blizzard has that a lot of game companies miss is the overall fluidity of the game. Fluidity of how your character moves and how responsive he is.

this! thats why WOW gameplay is so well done and has gathered so many players.. gameplay is soooo smooth and responsive.. they dont go crazy on the graphics cause they know it will effect that
 
I honestly don't know how you can call it smooth when every action has to go check blizz servers then comback and say "OK you can swing your sword now" 2 seconds after I told it to. And it isn't my internet connection...

However, I do understand that most people don't seem to have the same issue I do so enjoy your game :)
 
They're performing maintenance right now so if you're playing then expect it to have issues. It should be done around 1:30 PM PDT according to Blizz.

I already played a shitload and never had any problem with latency, it felt like I was playing offline.
 
I honestly don't know how you can call it smooth when every action has to go check blizz servers then comback and say "OK you can swing your sword now" 2 seconds after I told it to. And it isn't my internet connection...

However, I do understand that most people don't seem to have the same issue I do so enjoy your game :)

It's because animations are quick, like a superhero. You don't really swing or cast so much as your abilities are almost instant. It's a bit different from D2 in quite a few ways, some good, some bad. It's definitely less realistic, but I really think they weren't going for realism this time around.
 
It's because animations are quick, like a superhero. You don't really swing or cast so much as your abilities are almost instant. It's a bit different from D2 in quite a few ways, some good, some bad. It's definitely less realistic, but I really think they weren't going for realism this time around.

I think they were passed realism when I shot lightning from my hands :p
 
I'm so glad I took tomorrow off.
Now I can play as soon as I get home from work and all day tomorrow, YES!
Try some FXAA with the darken/sharpness mod, cant wait to try it myself

Can you elaborate on the darken/sharpness mod? I have the FXAA inject....
 
I honestly don't know how you can call it smooth when every action has to go check blizz servers then comback and say "OK you can swing your sword now" 2 seconds after I told it to. And it isn't my internet connection...

However, I do understand that most people don't seem to have the same issue I do so enjoy your game :)

Most people don't and it either is your connection or server instability. Everytime I did something last night I had no problem expect with rapid fire on my demon hunter but I think that's supposed to have a delay. When I told her to vault she vaulted, when I told her to vanish, lay traps she did.
 
got three hours sleep and had to get up for a dentist appointment. *yawn*

sleep when I get home from dentist? magic eight ball says, "not likely"
 
I'm not sure if I would like this game since I've never played a Diablo game before. Is the combat similar to Guild Wars 1?-since I did like that game

You'd be better off checking it out for yourself rather than asking for opinions. Try and get a starter edition key, or you can wait 30 days till it's open to the public I believe.
 
YAY! Now they are saying servers are down until 1:30 Pacific. So far I've gotten to play for a whole hour.
 
I didn't think I was going to be able to play. Just couldn't justify buying it right now. But my boss just bought it for me. I have a totally awesome boss. Only bad this is I can't play until I get home on Saturday.
 
I agree lacking in the single target dps if you ask me! I like your build though dude

Yea can;t wait to test out the higher levels runes. My plan is to get reversal on teleport so that I teleport in, kite them/group them up a bit, frost nova, reverse back to original location and proceed to rain down AoE like there's no tomorrow :p:D
 
Yea can;t wait to test out the higher levels runes. My plan is to get reversal on teleport so that I teleport in, kite them/group them up a bit, frost nova, reverse back to original location and proceed to rain down AoE like there's no tomorrow :p:D

teleport & slow time for me!
 
The AOE stuff is sexy, just make sure you've got some single target DPS abilities in there as well. The big guys will shred you without it.
 
The AOE stuff is sexy, just make sure you've got some single target DPS abilities in there as well. The big guys will shred you without it.

Wizard seems to lack the ST DPS when you compare them to the other classes. Whether by design or not I'm not sure. For sure is that no other class can touch the Wizard's AOE /w CC ability. :D
 
I'm loving the game, currently! Got to level 10 last night as a Barbarian and played with a couple of my friends, it was a blast. Saddened that the servers are down.. since I can't play for 2 days once I got to work today :(

The only thing I hate so far is that if one of my impatient friends skips the speaking parts, it skips it for me too :/ Won't matter later on when I played the game for the 3000th time though lol.
 
Back
Top