Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Wow. Not really putting that whole single player game required to have a internet connection to play thing in a very good light eh? Least even more so than before.

Took the advice of hoarding blue items for deconstructing rather than to equip/sell and then craft my own... now my character plays like shes on roids. :D Only gonna get better

i can't even get the game installed. error code BLZAPPBTS00002. can't connect to battle.net patch service. what the hell? i've tried everything..

Never seen such nerdrage and whining about a video game since going on Blizzard WOW forums. Did not take off Tuesday anticipating the intermittent server down times. Even every major WOW patch has been intermittent/extended server down times.

People still incessantly whining over no offline mode, graphics looking too crappy, not being able to log-in on first day (really? you did not see this coming?) sad.

You think this is bad... you should have seen the Wrath of the Lich King launch... And BC before that was even worse. I don't think it matters how much you prepare for a launch of this magnitude... you will never have enough hardware.

Played in the beta before the rune overhaul.

Now that all the runes are given when you level up, how much custimization is there for skills? Is the game now totally equipment based?

Took the advice of hoarding blue items for deconstructing rather than to equip/sell and then craft my own... now my character plays like shes on roids. :D Only gonna get better

How do you craft the items?

silly people trying to play blizzard games on the first day.. :D

And yes, I've been you before.

So say I am a witch doctor and picked up/equip a sword. How do I use it? Or do I equip it for the stats?

You equip it for the stats.

Any special ability damage is going to be based on your main hand (right hand) weapon damage.

Figured I'd at least have been able to play single player. I remember playing battlefield 3 perfectly fine on release day, on 32/64 person servers. With this I can't even play solo? More then a little cheesed there's no offline mode. I like to take my laptop to work and play games during down time. No internet connection though, so I'm SOL.

I could understand having completely solo and online characters, so if you cheat/dupe items on your solo char, you'd have no negative effect on anyone else.

Think of opportunity of taking a break. I would be gaming otherwise, so its good to relax a bit.

I wouldn't expect the servers to come online for a few more hours, really. They have been spotty all morning.

I don't think it matters how much you prepare for a launch of this magnitude... you will never have enough hardware.

Exactly...and you'd think people here of all places would know that. The stress on the hardware from the sudden load is astronomical. While everyone is sitting around bitching, the infrastructure guys will be working all day today and likely all night tonight to make sure server stability is achieved.

I find the nerd rage on all the forums entertaining..good laughs :D

But like others said, those who played Blizzard games before this is nothing we're not used to

I'm enjoying the graphics during battles. I have everything on high + AA. I'm very much enjoying the game.

I hated the screenshots of the game but I grew to really like the graphics as I played.

Back