• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Was too tired last night to stay up and play. Took tomorrow off to play/get a crown put on. Should be even more entertaining if they have to give me pain meds. ;)
 
Only if you're running a 6+ year old system I suppose. Anything a few years old should handle this well, and anything modern should decimate it.

As a point of interest performance wise, I ran the game with my 7970M enabled and it was ridiculously smooth at max settings (1920x1080), then ran it with the Ivy Bridge onboard graphics (Intel 4000) and had to drop down a few settings at max res, and it still ran like butter. The Ivy Bridge graphics are actually damn good though, compared to anything older. If anyone cares/is planning to use the onboard solution with an Ivy Bridge processor (can't imagine who, but you never know).

Wha...? How'd you get a 7970m already? I know some ES versions have been floating around for a bit, but do you already have a retail/oem version?

Good to hear it works well on a 7970m: I expect mine in a p150em next week or the following. In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers it will run on my GTX 680s :)

I'm just waiting for a couple reviews from trusted sites to show up (why haven't we seen any yet????) Don't want to lay down $50 if it's a stinker.
 
Wha...? How'd you get a 7970m already? I know some ES versions have been floating around for a bit, but do you already have a retail/oem version?

Good to hear it works well on a 7970m: I expect mine in a p150em next week or the following. In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers it will run on my GTX 680s :)

I'm just waiting for a couple reviews from trusted sites to show up (why haven't we seen any yet????) Don't want to lay down $50 if it's a stinker.

usually reviews come first because review copies are sent out. This is an online only game and nobody had early access :p
 
Mmm Fresh Meat!

What does he say, something like
No vegetables, just meat!
had me cracking up. I had no problem beating that or surviving in general on my monk, just plowed through everything with the heal and blind abilities. Helps to buy +damage, +attack speed jewelry.
 
What does he say, something like
No vegetables, just meat!
had me cracking up. I had no problem beating that or surviving in general on my monk, just plowed through everything with the heal and blind abilities. Helps to buy +damage, +attack speed jewelry.

were you playing Solo? there was 3 of us and he had a shit ton of health and eventually the fires were switching fast and turning on fast... he hooked me a couple times too hahha felt like I was playing dota
 
Played for almost eight hours last night, I will have to do better tonight. It's bed time now though.

Game's fun as shit.
 
FXAA looks great, I used it on Kingdoms of Amalur and the game looked 100x better, so I'll use it on D3 as well.
 
Played for almost eight hours last night, I will have to do better tonight. It's bed time now though.

Game's fun as shit.

I'm so glad I took tomorrow off.
Now I can play as soon as I get home from work and all day tomorrow, YES!
Try some FXAA with the darken/sharpness mod, cant wait to try it myself
 
were you playing Solo? there was 3 of us and he had a shit ton of health and eventually the fires were switching fast and turning on fast... he hooked me a couple times too hahha felt like I was playing dota

Yep, I had my game open to the public all night and maybe 2 level 1s hopped in and left soon after. I don't think the matching works very well for 'old' games, like it favors newly-created ones instead.
 
Yep, I had my game open to the public all night and maybe 2 level 1s hopped in and left soon after. I don't think the matching works very well for 'old' games, like it favors newly-created ones instead.

not as fun with pubs. If you wanna play hit me up though we have a vent and we like going through and just enjoying the game none of this speedyrun shit :) youre more then welcome to join up!
 
Trying to start up the game for the first time: (nerd rage)

"Battle.net service is down.." can not log in. Im in the EU. f%&#"ck me Blizzard, just "#¤&)&/"¤ ME!!!

"We are very sorry for the inconvenience" bla bla bla
.... [who would have thought they needed huge capacity at launch]
 
I'm sorry but i find the game to be too boring and too easy. Maybe I should try hardcore mode or something...or maybe give it more of a chance
 
I'm sorry but i find the game to be too boring and too easy. Maybe I should try hardcore mode or something...or maybe give it more of a chance

The first act was pretty easy I still died a few times though. I think it's easier if youre soloing to be honest. But you should keep going! my buddy said it gets A LOT more challenging his DH was almost getting one shotted in Act2
 
Trying to start up the game for the first time: (nerd rage)

"Battle.net service is down.." can not log in. Im in the EU. f%&#"ck me Blizzard, just "#¤&)&/"¤ ME!!!

"We are very sorry for the inconvenience" bla bla bla
.... [who would have thought they needed huge capacity at launch]

They probably have huge capacity at launch but are suffering from high loads. I guarantee you their infrastructure teams are working around the clock to get you into the game. Its basically the biggest game in many many years so some issues should be expected.

My advice? Go spend a few minutes and head to the store, buy some beer. Come home, drink one.. then drink 2, crack your third and sit down at your computer. ;)
 
Wha...? How'd you get a 7970m already? I know some ES versions have been floating around for a bit, but do you already have a retail/oem version?

Good to hear it works well on a 7970m: I expect mine in a p150em next week or the following. In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers it will run on my GTX 680s :)

I'm just waiting for a couple reviews from trusted sites to show up (why haven't we seen any yet????) Don't want to lay down $50 if it's a stinker.

What kind of review are you referring to? If you're talking about like hardware review for the game, don't worrying about running D3, it's not demanding at all. And if you're talking about a game review, umm.....it just released like 12 hours ago.
 
I'm not sure if I would like this game since I've never played a Diablo game before. Is the combat similar to Guild Wars 1?-since I did like that game
 
I got a Collectors Edition this morning at Fry's in IL. They had about 30 in stock besides the 50 or so saved for pre-orders.
 
I'll be back online around 4:30pm central time today

I should be on the H vent as well - tag is Karnage.

My barb is lv13 so if you are close to my lvl hit me up Karnage#1886
 
Lvl 22 Wizard. Not sure how I feel. Not as visceral as my friend's barb or other friend's DH but supposedly it picks up late game when I get more of my skills.
 
They probably have huge capacity at launch but are suffering from high loads. I guarantee you their infrastructure teams are working around the clock to get you into the game. Its basically the biggest game in many many years so some issues should be expected.

My advice? Go spend a few minutes and head to the store, buy some beer. Come home, drink one.. then drink 2, crack your third and sit down at your computer. ;)

Agreed, it makes sense. But still they should have spend the money to carry this capacity. More importantly, that is some sound advice! :cool:

Going to pick up a new mike i ordered (Logitech desk type) for team speak. They happen to sell cold beer and snacks at my local package pick up store too (Danes are largely alcoholics, must be available at all time).

It´s still ticking away here on battle.net login, I got authenticated now.. but it is stuck like MANY others at "retrieving hero list".
 
Lvl 22 Wizard. Not sure how I feel. Not as visceral as my friend's barb or other friend's DH but supposedly it picks up late game when I get more of my skills.

I was playing with a barb and a DH and they were kind of owning shit ahead of me but man I just got a rare ring bumped my dps up to 72 @ lvl 15 and now i just arcane orb and lightning everybody down. plus frost nova and force push its rapezilla
 
Wha...? How'd you get a 7970m already? I know some ES versions have been floating around for a bit, but do you already have a retail/oem version?

Good to hear it works well on a 7970m: I expect mine in a p150em next week or the following. In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers it will run on my GTX 680s :)

I'm just waiting for a couple reviews from trusted sites to show up (why haven't we seen any yet????) Don't want to lay down $50 if it's a stinker.


I've had my laptop in sig. for about a week now, ordered April 24th, got it last week. The 680 is INTENSELY overkill for this game. The fact that you said that, on top of having added an 's' to the end means it's RIDICULOUSLY overkill. Two 680's, and you're worried? Please be joking haha. ;) Actually, I think you are joking.

Also it doesn't just run well on the 7970M, it runs AMAZING. Runs great on Ivy's onboard too though. I at first forgot to set Diablo 3 to run on 'high-performance' so finding out that the Ivy onboard ran it great was a nice surprise.
 
I've had my laptop in sig. for about a week now, ordered April 24th, got it last week. The 680 is INTENSELY overkill for this game. The fact that you said that, on top of having added an 's' to the end means it's RIDICULOUSLY overkill. Two 680's, and you're worried? Please be joking haha. ;) Actually, I think you are joking.

Also it doesn't just run well on the 7970M, it runs AMAZING. Runs great on Ivy's onboard too though. I at first forgot to set Diablo 3 to run on 'high-performance' so finding out that the Ivy onboard ran it great was a nice surprise.

hahaha thats awesome. running off your onboard graphics without you knowing and it smashes it. They really built it to run on absolutely anything,
 
I'm not sure if I would like this game since I've never played a Diablo game before. Is the combat similar to Guild Wars 1?-since I did like that game

Similar but not really. Guild Wars is a third person action MMO that uses traditional MMO-like combat lock styles. Diablo is an Action RPG (ARPG) that plays from the isometric viewpoint (above) and is mostly known as a dungeon crawler, hack and slash loot collection game. In Diablo you traverse large outdoor environments, deeply layered indoor environments slaughtering thousands of enemies that drop dynamic loot. You hack, cast, shoot and slash your way through to bosses and its all tied together with a beautiful story and backed by some of the best franchise lore in the entire video game industry.

Diablo is cherished because of the careful care, the gothic tale of good vs evil and precision combat. But its mostly adored because of the addiction, the loot whoring, the New Game+ (higher difficulties once you beat the game, you keep your character and gear), the MP jump in and out style gameplay.

Its 'kind of like' Guild Wars but not really. Its about 10x better than Guild Wars. So my advice is you go to Youtube and watch gameplay videos of Diablo and see if you like what you see. I will say though, if you pass on this game.. you'll get it one day and you'll kick yourself for passing on it all that time.

Diablo 2 came out in 2000 and people have been playing it NONSTOP since. 12 years strong? What games can do that?
 
Guys, I have questions as a first time player..

I am playing Monk and recently picked up a few bows and I cannot attach them. What to do with it? Also do I sell the low damage items or keep? Any general suggestions?
 
Guys, I have questions as a first time player..

I am playing Monk and recently picked up a few bows and I cannot attach them. What to do with it? Also do I sell the low damage items or keep? Any general suggestions?

Sell whites, salvage blues for crafting later on.
 
Guys, I have questions as a first time player..

I am playing Monk and recently picked up a few bows and I cannot attach them. What to do with it? Also do I sell the low damage items or keep? Any general suggestions?

you can salvage the blue items so that you can craft salvaging is done at the blacksmith and you can upgrade him with gold which enables more recipes.. anything else I just vendor.

monk probably cant equip bows my friend but can equip almost anything else from what I understand
 
Guys, I have questions as a first time player..

I am playing Monk and recently picked up a few bows and I cannot attach them. What to do with it? Also do I sell the low damage items or keep? Any general suggestions?

I don't think monks can use bows. And sell the junk you don't need and can't trade.
 
I was playing with a barb and a DH and they were kind of owning shit ahead of me but man I just got a rare ring bumped my dps up to 72 @ lvl 15 and now i just arcane orb and lightning everybody down. plus frost nova and force push its rapezilla

Bolts or electrocute?

Interestingly enough I have gear that has me above their stats in damage but it just doesn't feel the same. Probably once I get meteor and blizzard it'll be more fun :D:p
 
I got a chance to play for about 5 minutes and I was pleased that the fonts weren't miniscule. Everything was perfectly readable on my couch/TV set-up. I'm excited to play for real this afternoon.
 
I don't think monks can use bows. And sell the junk you don't need and can't trade.

If they're magic, hold onto them until you unlock the blacksmith. Then deconstruct the item into materials for crafting. Once your character has all magical items equipped, you can completely ignore anything white or grey that drops and save your bag space for magic items.
 
If they're magic, hold onto them until you unlock the blacksmith. Then deconstruct the item into materials for crafting. Once your character has all magical items equipped, you can completely ignore anything white or grey that drops and save your bag space for magic items.

+1

Best way to go. I learned this the hard way during my first run with the beta.
 
Bolts or electrocute?

Interestingly enough I have gear that has me above their stats in damage but it just doesn't feel the same. Probably once I get meteor and blizzard it'll be more fun :D:p

make sure you use elective mode to get a better combo.. I use electrocute / arcane orb with the runed extra dmg / frost nova with a chance to cast another nova rune / force push / arcane tornado

the combo is fantastic. especially for large packs. in terms of single target dmg though I do struggle in comparison to them
 
Back
Top