Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

So you wanted to find gear on your own, but didnt want to find gear on your own? You can still join trade chat and haggle with people for identified items instead of the AH, just like the D2 days.

That's like people complaining about fast travel in fallout/skyrim/oblivion because you miss out on all the beautiful landscape and exploration, but then use fast travel because it takes too long to travel from point a to b.

Does buying a piece of gear off the AH give you the same feeling of accomplishment as beating a demon's ass and taking it from them? For me buying it is boring as hell. For you it's more fun than risking a chance at dying. Obviously we're at two different polar ends of the globe and you'll never see it from my perspective.

I'm programmed in social games to try and beat the bosses before as many people as possible. Feeling as if I am being forced to buy gear because someone else bought gear is terrible. I wanted to compete when the game launched, but I couldn't even login for the first 3 days.

Blizzard alienated a large part of it's fan base with the train wreck known as D3. But with strong supporters of it's model from others like you maybe it can generate a new audience. I know that my buddies have all written Blizzard off as more Activision than innovator. And maybe I'm wrong, but there sure seems to be a lot more people than us that share the same sentiment.

invulnerable arcon bug for the win, seems mass patching is happening - guess they wan't to stomp it out quickly - was pretty hilarious grabbing 5 elites then killling them at once. :)

Yes this and announcing how to do the exploit in General chat was pretty much win also.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I only got 30 minutes of GOD MODE.......Way more fun than dying.

Does buying a piece of gear off the AH give you the same feeling of accomplishment as beating a demon's ass and taking it from them? For me buying it is boring as hell. For you it's more fun than risking a chance at dying. Obviously we're at two different polar ends of the globe and you'll never see it from my perspective.

I'm programmed in social games to try and beat the bosses before as many people as possible. Feeling as if I am being forced to buy gear because someone else bought gear is terrible. I wanted to compete when the game launched, but I couldn't even login for the first 3 days.

Blizzard alienated a large part of it's fan base with the train wreck known as D3. But with strong supporters of it's model from others like you maybe it can generate a new audience. I know that my buddies have all written Blizzard off as more Activision than innovator. And maybe I'm wrong, but there sure seems to be a lot more people than us that share the same sentiment.

I never stated that I prefer the AH over finding loot from bosses, I am saying that the option is always there to never use that feature. You cant blame the AH for not being first or even among the first wave, because they had no one to buy from. There was no RMAH, and if they were among the first wave, they weren't swimming in 1k dps 1-handers.

You're still showing polar opposites, you say you wanted to beat it without using the AH, which is possible, yet you deny yourself the accomplishment of farming by turning to the AH?

I'm not saying the loot system is perfect, but it is entirely possible to farm enough gear to progress through inferno without ever touching the AH. It will just take a very long time to. You also say I cant see from your point of view of the enjoyment of finding items, but then you lack the perspective of people who find the drop rates perfectly acceptable, and are perfectly fine with farming as much as they need to get inferno gear without relying on the AH. This was before 1.0.3, its now easier to get gear than ever.

Welp. I got my Inferno kill of Diablo this morning. Was an epic 20 minute ride of sitting there and doing nothing.

Uninstalled the game before I left for work tonight.

GG Blizzard. SPECIALLY Considering this Invul bug has been around for at LEAST 1 month.

It was the only reason I logged in for the last week. Got Deus Ex on Steam Sale and t is taking my gaming time. Time to uninstall D3...although I should try and sell my gear on the RMAH.

I never stated that I prefer the AH over finding loot from bosses, I am saying that the option is always there to never use that feature. You cant blame the AH for not being first or even among the first wave, because they had no one to buy from. There was no RMAH, and if they were among the first wave, they weren't swimming in 1k dps 1-handers.

You're still showing polar opposites, you say you wanted to beat it without using the AH, which is possible, yet you deny yourself the accomplishment of farming by turning to the AH?

I'm not saying the loot system is perfect, but it is entirely possible to farm enough gear to progress through inferno without ever touching the AH. It will just take a very long time to. You also say I cant see from your point of view of the enjoyment of finding items, but then you lack the perspective of people who find the drop rates perfectly acceptable, and are perfectly fine with farming as much as they need to get inferno gear without relying on the AH. This was before 1.0.3, its now easier to get gear than ever.

The very first wave of people beating inferno were doing things like corpse hopping and rushing to bosses, not really grinding out items to farm elite and champs.

The very first wave of people beating inferno were doing things like corpse hopping and rushing to bosses, not really grinding out items to farm elite and champs.

Even so, at some point somebody had to farm good enough gear to take on harder elites, which in turn produced better gear. Considering how quickly decent gear began circulating in the AH, it was more than just a few people farming.

Didn't get long in God-mode...only about 70% of the way through Act3. Wow, the drops in Act3 are so much damn better than Act1...I have no idea the gear level I would need to actually farm it. I'm at 40k DPS, 27k HP, 4.8k armor and 850+ AR, yet I get torn up out there. :(

Didn't get long in God-mode...only about 70% of the way through Act3. Wow, the drops in Act3 are so much damn better than Act1...I have no idea the gear level I would need to actually farm it. I'm at 40k DPS, 27k HP, 4.8k armor and 850+ AR, yet I get torn up out there. :(

Your DPS and AR looks good, but I guess you could use a little more HP and armor. I've cleared Act 3 with a lil less dps, about 30k HP, 6k armor and 800-900 AR. The only problem areas I can think of atm are Ghom, elite Demonic Tremors and Phase Beasts. Those Soul Rippers/Lashers aren't even very threatening anymore. It's also build dependent of course.

Even so, at some point somebody had to farm good enough gear to take on harder elites, which in turn produced better gear. Considering how quickly decent gear began circulating in the AH, it was more than just a few people farming.

Yep, just pointing out that beating inferno and clearing inferno are two different things. IMO the bosses should be buffed, or add more mechanics to them. I think Ghom is fine as is, but the other bosses are pretty weak.

You know, their is also a Barb god mode too. It's been around since mid June. Look up Kripp god mode barb or browse the bug report forums. HF

I think the difficulty is backwards. The bosses should be much harder and the elites should be easier. But whatever, I'm done playing now. Waste of time.

You know, their is also a Barb god mode too. It's been around since mid June. Look up Kripp god mode barb or browse the bug report forums. HF

Thanks for the link......I'll be god mode barb all night.....or until I see the text "server will restart in 30 minutes".

Wizard god mode was completely bad ass we had 4 wizards doing it.

I think the difficulty is backwards. The bosses should be much harder and the elites should be easier. But whatever, I'm done playing now. Waste of time.

That would make the game worse than it already is. Bosses are static and cant really change all that much. They are forced to be scripted because it's "the boss" With the packs they have so much more flexibility. Spawn locations can be random, types of monsters, affixes. The game is broken in some ways, but this is clearly not one of them.

Its not really a god mode like the wiz bug but it does buff the hell out of whatever rune you choose to do the exploit with.

EDIT: I haven't done it yet but from what I've gathered you have to be somewhat geared.

Your DPS and AR looks good, but I guess you could use a little more HP and armor. I've cleared Act 3 with a lil less dps, about 30k HP, 6k armor and 800-900 AR. The only problem areas I can think of atm are Ghom, elite Demonic Tremors and Phase Beasts. Those Soul Rippers/Lashers aren't even very threatening anymore. It's also build dependent of course.

Yeah, my problem is any upgrade is 20M+ on the AH, and getting it to drop is...rare. Although I got an amazing source yesterday:

+35-330 DMG
+67 INT
+36 VIT
+8.0% Crit Chance
+20% Extra Gold from monsters
1 socket

I'm curious, what was the build you were using? I'm using the pretty standard venom hydra + blizzard kite build.

Magic Missle + Split
Venom Hydra
Crystal Armor
Prismatic Armor
Force Weapon
Blizzard + reduced cost

Passives: Glass Cannon, Blur, Galvanizing Ward

That would make the game worse than it already is. Bosses are static and cant really change all that much. They are forced to be scripted because it's "the boss" With the packs they have so much more flexibility. Spawn locations can be random, types of monsters, affixes. The game is broken in some ways, but this is clearly not one of them.

I think bosses should definitely be more difficult than they are. I wouldn't nerf any of the packs other than 1 or 2 affix combos, either. The only thing they really did to try and slow down progression was to increase repair costs, which is a false barrier. I simply don't like the idea of an instanced "boss arena". Other than making the Butcher a retarded massive cartoon character, they also took the element of danger out of him, which was being able to chase you around the dungeon while not being in a separate instance.

So first clears was not a product of using the AH. I think intel hydra put this best, there are many things wrong with D3, the AH is not one of them.

I think bosses should definitely be more difficult than they are. I wouldn't nerf any of the packs other than 1 or 2 affix combos, either. The only thing they really did to try and slow down progression was to increase repair costs, which is a false barrier. I simply don't like the idea of an instanced "boss arena". Other than making the Butcher a retarded massive cartoon character, they also took the element of danger out of him, which was being able to chase you around the dungeon while not being in a separate instance.

D1's butcher's greatest weakness was doors. I remember my first Mage playthrough my lightning bolt was crap against him, I trapped him in a small room with a door and a window and just spammed lightning bolt to death

None of the bosses were creepy at all. The monsters either, unfortunately. I really miss the "feel" of Diablo 1. As for affixes, I rarely die in Act1 anymore but today ran into a messed up one...fire chains, chilled, vortex. Firechains were up, they had about 5+ ice orbs then vortexed me right into it a 2nd time, all my CDs were down. :(

They have taken WAY too long to put out balance patch and pvp. There's nothing to do in the game. My friends have been begging me to come back and play, and i brush them off because playing DXHR for the third time is more fun.

I want to play a fun ARPG

D3 is not it :(

None of the bosses were creepy at all. The monsters either, unfortunately. I really miss the "feel" of Diablo 1. As for affixes, I rarely die in Act1 anymore but today ran into a messed up one...fire chains, chilled, vortex. Firechains were up, they had about 5+ ice orbs then vortexed me right into it a 2nd time, all my CDs were down. :(

The only slightly creepy zone in the whole game for me were the Halls of Agony in act 1. They had some nice stuff in them to make them feel like a hellish torture chamber.

So first clears was not a product of using the AH. I think intel hydra put this best, there are many things wrong with D3, the AH is not one of them.

D1's butcher's greatest weakness was doors. I remember my first Mage playthrough my lightning bolt was crap against him, I trapped him in a small room with a door and a window and just spammed lightning bolt to death

First clears were a combo of people reloading to get affixes they could handle and pooling resources. :D The reality is, you cannot farm good enough gear on your own to be able to farm the rest of inferno in under 40 hours. Is that a bad thing? Not terrible on its own. Anemic stats on gear drops will naturally push people towards the AH before that kind of time sink, psychological or not. Is the problem the AH? Not really. The problem is still poor itemization, poorly paced character progression past ~level 50, poorly realized end game.

Yea, D1 had some design flaws. That shouldn't excuse design flaws in D3, though.

Yea, D1 had some design flaws. That shouldn't excuse design flaws in D3, though.

No shit... it's like the developers didn't even know they had this wealth of knowledge which could be tapped, of already made mistakes which were fixed in their previous games.

Yeah, my problem is any upgrade is 20M+ on the AH, and getting it to drop is...rare. Although I got an amazing source yesterday:

+35-330 DMG
+67 INT
+36 VIT
+8.0% Crit Chance
+20% Extra Gold from monsters
1 socket

I'm curious, what was the build you were using? I'm using the pretty standard venom hydra + blizzard kite build.

Magic Missle + Split
Venom Hydra
Crystal Armor
Prismatic Armor
Force Weapon
Blizzard + reduced cost

Passives: Glass Cannon, Blur, Galvanizing Ward

Yeah the bad thing about reaching the high levels of gear is that each piece starts to cost millions. The best you can hope for is that your obsoleted gear could make up for some of the loss.

My build is almost identical. This is what I normally use when I'm not trying something crazy:

Shock Pulse - Piercing Orb
Hydra - Venom Hydra
Magic Weapon - Force Weapon
Blizzard - Stark Winter
Energy Armor - Prismatic Armor
Diamond Skin - Crystal Shell

Passives: Blur, Glass Cannon, Cold Blooded

I put a little more emphasis on AoE it seems. It requires less precision so you play sloppily and get damage in even in heated situations. I like the Blizzard with the AoE radius rune because I think it ends up covering much more area for almost the same cost. Say that the radius doubles, that's a tremendous amount of area to cover. It also means less casting, which makes a huge difference. Furthermore, you can be less precise about your placement. Getting enemies to run through 2 small Blizzards in a straight line is more difficult than 1 large Blizzard.

By the way, I think Cold Blooded gives you a damage bonus across all spells as long as the target is chilled. I haven't confirmed it myself but at the very least it makes Blizzard stronger lol. Weapon speed is pretty important, since shock pulse feels like ass on a slow weapon. My attack speed is around 2.03 (a lil more with the enchantress).

My setup is a little weird too. I have Venom Hydra on the left mouse click, shock pulse on the right click, and everything else on the keys. I shift-click Hydra where I need to and forget about it for a while.

edit: my setup is similar to what I did here in this siegebreaker run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRCRmfLE_o
I had a slow 2H weapon at the time and have since changed to a 1H/OH combo. It's WAY easier now lol.

barb god mode is legit.. its no where near as OP as the wiz one but still good.

Its NOT GOD MODE. You still take on damage and can still die if you're being a total derp. Its basically a huge buff to whatever rune you use.

omfg.... i used the RMAH and now my account is suspended WTF>!?!

i loaded up like a pre pay thing on bliz website from my debit card, used the authenticator, bidded and bought some stuff
and now my account is suspended when i tried to log in this morning.... im wondering if this had something to do with me being stationed in korea
im so mad right now

Barbarian exploit explained and superior version where you just walk through mobs and they get hit for 700k crits.
Oh and you get healed even more than the original amount. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofA0D9rwunY

I heard there is a Demon Hunter version, but I can't stand to read the Battlenet forums for over 5 minute periods of time. Has anyone got the scoop on it?

Last edited:
omfg.... i used the RMAH and now my account is suspended WTF>!?!

i loaded up like a pre pay thing on bliz website from my debit card, used the authenticator, bidded and bought some stuff
and now my account is suspended when i tried to log in this morning.... im wondering if this had something to do with me being stationed in korea
im so mad right now
Actually... that's precisely why I believe: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978428874

Wow damn. So they are going to take the poor guy's money so he can play the game again? That is F'd up!

The really fucked-up thing is how many Blizzard apologists are defending their actions in the subsequent comments. Of course, I'm sure if the same thing happened them they'd still be defending Blizzard, right? :rolleyes:

Back