Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

I started playing Deus EX HR with a keyboard at first found a controller worked out better.
still haven't finished it think I'm close to the end.

Wont put a lot of faith in this. HR was a dissapointment.
It was a big improvement over Invisible War but was never going to live up to the first game. Unfortunately times have changed and many causal/console gamers can't get into a game that's too complex. With Mankind Divided I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more hand holding and only one path to follow in most situations.

Last edited:
It was a big improvement over Invisible War but was never going to live up to the first game. Unfortunately times have changed and many causal/console gamers can't get into a game that's too complex. With Mankind Divided I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more hand holding and only one path to follow in most situations.

True. Everything going to be more and more casual.

As long as they gave people the options to turn off all the handholding and turn up the difficulty as before it should be fine.

I on the other hand beat it tons of times... but gameplay is king, and that is what you have gripes with. They supposedly have improved the difficulty, though I'm not sure how... from the sounds of it, I think it's to make sneaking harder with difficulty as well as damage, but I'm not sure.

And yet I still see posts and reviews here and there bitching that HR is too difficult or "the inventory system is old and unnecessary". Gamers today disappoint me.

I'd hate to see "today's gamers" play something like System Shock, System Shock 2, Ultima VII, many of the SSI games, etc. They'd have nightmares :p HR's inventory system (while artificially limited in a few obtuse ways) was very tame by classic PC standards.

And yet I still see posts and reviews here and there bitching that HR is too difficult or "the inventory system is old and unnecessary". Gamers today disappoint me.
If it's too difficult then they're playing it wrong. Even on the highest difficulty it's mostly a cakewalk and I'm not that great of a gamer. The fact that you can quick save in HR makes it easy to try a different strategy should a previous one fail.

Last edited:
If it's too difficult then they're playing it wrong. Even on the highest difficulty it's mostly a cakewalk and I'm not that great of a gamer. The fact that you can quick save in HR makes it easy to try a different strategy should a previous one fail.

I didn't have much of a problem with it exactly, but managing it could be tiresome after a while. Usually solved by eating whatever snacks you have in there :D or playing "slide-puzzle" a bit. I like having an RPG-style inventory, but I think they could have improved it in a few ways. (mostly where swapping things during combat or stealth(ing) through a critical area were concerned. It didn't make things difficult at all since I was used to managing bigger, or more complex inventories in other games, but it could be annoying at times.

I didn't have much of a problem with it exactly, but managing it could be tiresome after a while. Usually solved by eating whatever snacks you have in there :D or playing "slide-puzzle" a bit. I like having an RPG-style inventory, but I think they could have improved it in a few ways. (mostly where swapping things during combat or stealth(ing) through a critical area were concerned. It didn't make things difficult at all since I was used to managing bigger, or more complex inventories in other games, but it could be annoying at times.
I don't think they spent much time on designing the inventory. It's pretty limited and a tad clunky but works well enough. I usually ended up having too many items that I rarely used thus limiting my choice of weapons. It's odd that you couldn't stack small items like EMP grenades in the same slot.

That type of modding seems...... a bit over the top and into the zone of cheating. I never liked the mods that sort of makes you break the game.

Anyone know if this game will have native Steam Controller support on day 1? Enjoyed Witcher 3 that way and would be nice to play this on my TV as well since it handles dark scenes a lot better than my desktop display. Also the music and ambiance, sooooooooo good.

was the Human Revolution PC Director's Cut a free upgrade?...I looked in my Steam Library and only see the original version

was the Human Revolution PC Director's Cut a free upgrade?...I looked in my Steam Library and only see the original version

No, separate purchase. Like with Doom 3: BFG Edition and Hard Reset Redux, Dead Island Definitive Edition, etc., you don't get a free automatic upgrade but once you purchase you'll have both versions in your library.

Last edited:
Anyone know if this game will have native Steam Controller support on day 1? Enjoyed Witcher 3 that way and would be nice to play this on my TV as well since it handles dark scenes a lot better than my desktop display. Also the music and ambiance, sooooooooo good.

Well, judging by the pop up add Steam shat on my computer screen ; They're advertising a sale on the game + Steam controller. Save 40% on the controller. No tags on the store page, but I would assume it's shipping with native support for it. (y)(y)

Eidos Montreal have released the minimum and recommended specs for the game, along with some helpful pre-load information...pre-loads will begin on Friday, August 19th at 12:00 PM EST...

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7.1SP1 or above (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB)
HDD/SSD: 45 GB

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K or AMD FX 8350 Wraith
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 - 1920 x 1080 or NVIDIA GTX 970 - 1920 x 1080
HDD/SSD: 55GB (Including DLC)

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™

Reactions: Damar
like this
Eidos Montreal have released the minimum and recommended specs for the game, along with some helpful pre-load information...pre-loads will begin on Friday, August 19th at 12:00 PM EST...

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7.1SP1 or above (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB)
HDD/SSD: 45 GB
Gah! Does this mean my 660m won't work? There goes my hopes of playing it at work during downtimes.

I'm guessing it would probably "work". How well is another thing.

Whew...at 55GB I'm going to have to uninstall some games I'm not playing at the moment. After keeping Watch_Dogs on my machine for a couple years I need to accept that I'm never going to like it or touch it again.

it’ll take between 45GB and 55GB of hard drive space, but the download itself is closer to 22GB (based on the review code that’s currently being circulated to press)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review embargo lifts on 8/19...very good sign...I'm expecting an amazing game...just re-downloaded Human Revolution and will probably replay that this coming week because I honestly forgot the storyline completely

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided review embargo lifts on 8/19...very good sign...I'm expecting an amazing game...just re-downloaded Human Revolution and will probably replay that this coming week because I honestly forgot the storyline completely

If it's at least as good as HR I will be thrilled. That would be good enough.

Since I'm expecting it to be better... this has to be an early GOTY favorite at least for me headed into it.

I want to mock you, but my game drive is a 256 GB, and I often go through the list and think- "what am I playing now" before dropping the hammer. It's crazy how quick you can fill a 256 these days...

Just buy a bunch of 500/1TB SSDs for game storage. Cheaper drives like 850 EVO are perfectly fine for games and are often on sale. Not having spindles in the main rig is awesome and steam handles multiple libraries/drives just fine.

True- I just happened to get a pile of crucial M4's for a work barter, so OS/Games/data/...steam? I might put in another and move steam to it's own drive. But back on subject (~ish); I'm loving No Man's Sky, but really can't wait for Mankind divided! The only part I'm not sur of is if I'll play day one or wait for the first patch...

I have 256GB SSD for system, 500GB SSD for demanding games, and 500GB platter for non-demanding, indies, old games, etc. Seems to work out ok. I don't do anything else on this system, so nothing else takes up space. I have a media server for music, shows, etc. and other machines for work.

I'm actually going to install Windows 10 on a spare hard drive just for this game...this has the potential to be a DX12 showcase...

I'm rocking a terabyte SSD, but games are huge these days. I still go back to a fair number of recent games (like the Witcher, Dark Souls 3, Doom, etc.) and only have about 80GB free.
I purchased a Steam Controller on sale, so I'm curious to see how it'll work with this game. People seem to feel they're better for twitch aiming than a normal pad and Deus Ex does have the occasional need for quick aiming.

Even my 2 terabyte hard drive that's just for games is full and I have to keep deleting games off of it. And I don't even have one fourth of the games I own installed...

The main problem is that the "demanding" games that require a lot of fast I/O are generally these huge ones.

Back