Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

What happened to this game? Graphically the game looks like a joke for a 2016 AAA title. The character models look no better than what we had 10 years ago in some games and the lip sync and facial animations are laughably bad.


It looks fine to me, it's still pretty far past the point of me being bothered by the graphics.
 
It looks fine to me, it's still pretty far past the point of me being bothered by the graphics.

Same here...some of the screenshots looked better but I imagine that's some post-processing going on. Overall it looks pretty good to me, and if this is PS4 footage the PC version should look even better.
 
Several previews released today, thankfully showing some Prague side quests and not the same 2 missions they've been showing since last year. Some similar footage in here, but varying play styles and approaches:


PS4 (most entertaining commentary imo)


Examples of what not to do.


IGN - Stealth successes and fails


Example of the Dialogue System


IGN 1080p 60fps PC footage (short, no commentary)
 
it's been a slow year for gaming so far (other then Dark Souls 3) so I'm looking forward to Mankind Divided...graphics do look a bit underwhelming but I'm sure the gameplay will be great...I actually forgot everything that happened in Human Revolution...maybe I'll replay it before MD comes out
 
That PC footage is a little disappointing...graphically it does look like a massive downgrade. :(

Still looks fun but I hope they are planning on an HD texture pack or something.

EDIT: Actually looking at the comments and the video it looks like console footage still. The player is clearly using a controller.
 
Hmm...it does seem to be lacking in the graphics department compared to what we saw in the 2015 trailer:



Not a humongous difference but the texture resolution sure seems better in the previous trailer.

Eh...whatever, it'll be good. I'm still excited. :)
 
Seems like they've shown 3 "missions" so far, I wonder how many more there are.
 
Hmm...it does seem to be lacking in the graphics department compared to what we saw in the 2015 trailer:



Not a humongous difference but the texture resolution sure seems better in the previous trailer.

Eh...whatever, it'll be good. I'm still excited. :)

Having played the original DE:HR and more recently the Directors Cut (both on PC), the character models and especially the environments look better in Mankind Divided. It's five years in the making so I wouldn't expect a drastic upgrade with the graphics. But the hair tessellation for Jensen does look cool.
 
I am sure when we have this with the eye candy maxed out on our PCs were aren't going to be disappointed.

The rest of everything the game has to offer is going to deliver in spades. I have no worries here whatsoever.
 
That PC footage is a little disappointing...graphically it does look like a massive downgrade. :(

Still looks fun but I hope they are planning on an HD texture pack or something.

EDIT: Actually looking at the comments and the video it looks like console footage still. The player is clearly using a controller.
I would not take anything from IGN that they say about PC seriously. That video in particular: the interface is exactly the same as on the PS4 footage.
 
Eh...whatever, it'll be good. I'm still excited. :)

Agreed. Everything I've read in the last couple days has had a common theme: the Prague Hub has a density to it. More people, more stuff to do, more hidden stuff to stumble across, more story, more believeable. Comments like "It feels more lived in and alive then Human Revolution" were plentiful. I was a bit disapointed by the graphics during all the early trailers, but I still go back and play the original DX on a semi-regular basis. If the game is well done, you stop noticing the graphics.

All the reviewers, even the more critical ones, are excited and looking forward to this game. They could only nit-pick, which is a good sign. Maybe after all the DLC we'll get a GotY Edition (or compareable) with some improvements, but I plan to just enjoy the game and not worry about it.
 
there are no retailer exclusive story missions this time around are there?...I remember I bought Human Revolution from GameStop because they had exclusive rights to the Tracer Tong mission
 
Never say never.... it still might have that, I mean they wanted to do like 7 different releases months ago.
 
there are no retailer exclusive story missions this time around are there?...I remember I bought Human Revolution from GameStop because they had exclusive rights to the Tracer Tong mission

Never say never.... it still might have that, I mean they wanted to do like 7 different releases months ago.

It would be nice if this weren't the case. I got the DC version which had all the extra stuff in it, including the Tong mission, which I never did because I didn't want to encourage those kind of business practices.

But by the time that version came out I'd already played through 2.5 times... and to date I still have never experienced the Tong mission, not to mention an entire playthrough with the remote detonation bombs.
 
So far all I have seen as far as pre-order bonuses are some equipment packs (I believe).

The game does also have a $30 Season Pass, so...
 
So far all I have seen as far as pre-order bonuses are some equipment packs (I believe).

The game does also have a $30 Season Pass, so...

Their last release had the same deal in regards to the preorder bonuses, if I remember correctly.
 
Eye-candy wise, it's not a huge jump from the last game...but it's better. As long as the graphics aren't a distraction, I can deal. Especially if it means the framerate doesn't go up and down needlessly.
I'd say it looks good enough that I'm okay with it. It's always hard to judge 60fps videos online, though. Almost all of them use at least a little bit of interpolation.
Much like those GTA4 commercials made a 30fps game look like 60, most online videos make 60 look like 90-120.
 
I went ahead and bought the game; I know... at least you can depend on me to let you know if it's effed up on release.

I skipped on buying the season pass because I really didn't want to pay that much, if the game is good enough, I could be suckered into buying the season pass, but I'll be looking for a sale no that.
 
Yeah I wouldn't buy Season Pass this early either, there is literally no point in doing so unless there is a pre-order discount, or if there is going to be a price hike (I bought Fallout 4 Season pass before any DLC was released, the price was going to be hiked rather high, so I bought it at the lower price, figuring that, I'll trust Bethesda on this).

Can always buy the Season Pass at a later date, definitely after playing the main game and see if it is good enough to keep you interested.

I am however, a sucker or pre-order bonuses, but given the fact that I have 2 AAA games that needs to be completed (FO4 and TW3, with DOOM planned as holiday purchase), and still want to finish HR, I am placing MD on the backburner.
 
I won't buy any season pass ever again. I did buy Fallout 4 before the price hike, they lured me into it, but I still haven't played any of the DLCs yet. So I might as well waited until they release them later in one pack as the goty
 
I won't buy any season pass ever again. I did buy Fallout 4 before the price hike, they lured me into it, but I still haven't played any of the DLCs yet. So I might as well waited until they release them later in one pack as the goty

I could understand feeling that way after Fallout 4... after a lot of games really. However I never say "never". I am particular about my games in general, but even more so about what I buy a Season Pass on. Games like Mankind Divided and Dishonored 2, that have a track record and I've done enough research on to be relatively confident they will be worth it... those scenarios I may buy the SP before the game is out. I bought the SP for Elite Dangerous, Witcher 3 and The Division, and I have 400 -550 hours in each of those games. Worth it imo. Most other games I wait for reviews before I even pick the game up, let alone buy additional content.
 
It would depend on how "open" the game world really is, can it continue to be played after the mission? if no, then I have a hard time going back to a game that I have stopped playing. The witcher expansions were really big so that was ok. Others are only a few hours long. that would be cool while playing the game, not so much afterward.
 
Its $35 on CDkeys, I might bite, but it doesn't look much better than the last one, which really if it didn't have DEUS EX as a title never would have been bought by me.
 
To me, it looks better than the last in a lot of way. And I loved the last one. Though, if you didn't like the last one, then, this game might not be your thing.

On the season pass thing... I've still yet to buy a season pass, i think. It's expensive, and just makes me think less of the devs. I know people will think otherwise, but that just gives me that type of feeling. Not even the witcher 3 made me buy it, despite my liking of the game a fair amount.

I might buy one if it's cheap, but I don't think i've seen a game season pass ever go cheap.
 
To me, it looks better than the last in a lot of way. And I loved the last one. Though, if you didn't like the last one, then, this game might not be your thing.

On the season pass thing... I've still yet to buy a season pass, i think. It's expensive, and just makes me think less of the devs. I know people will think otherwise, but that just gives me that type of feeling. Not even the witcher 3 made me buy it, despite my liking of the game a fair amount.

I might buy one if it's cheap, but I don't think i've seen a game season pass ever go cheap.

The original was one of my favorite games I have ever played, the 2nd one, too many cut scenes, too many canned actions, lack of freedom and it felt way too linear.
 
The original was one of my favorite games I have ever played, the 2nd one, too many cut scenes, too many canned actions, lack of freedom and it felt way too linear.
Agreed. Invisible War was weakened by limitations of the Xbox while trying to gain a larger audience.



It's still a decent game but was dumbed-down to make more money. Harvey Smith simply lost focus during development.
 
Agreed. Invisible War was weakened by limitations of the Xbox while trying to gain a larger audience.



It's still a decent game but was dumbed-down to make more money. Harvey Smith simply lost focus during development.


I felt Human Revolution wasn't as bad, but it suffered from the same type of limitations, overly linear with 1 or 2 approaches to things, where as the first you had so much more freedom.

I miss it :( One of my favorite soundtracks too, I mean yes its 16 years old but man.
 
I felt Human Revolution wasn't as bad, but it suffered from the same type of limitations, overly linear with 1 or 2 approaches to things, where as the first you had so much more freedom.

I miss it :( One of my favorite soundtracks too, I mean yes its 16 years old but man.

The limited combat/stealth approaches in HR were to keep the game more streamlined for casual/console players. I think they struck the right balance whether you played with guns blazing or played mostly stealth. It brought back most of the stuff I liked about the first game.

There's no doubt that the original Deus Ex will always be the best game of the franchise. It's one of those rare gems that will never get a proper sequel. And maybe that's a good thing.
 
since this is an AMD sponsored game I'm wondering if they're going to bundle it with their video cards...it would be great to be able to pick up a code for cheap on forums
 
since this is an AMD sponsored game I'm wondering if they're going to bundle it with their video cards...it would be great to be able to pick up a code for cheap on forums

Good point - and AMD will need to move product.

As far as season pass / DLC goes, I was annoyed that DX:HR's "DLC" was actually mid-campaign story elements that were taken out only to be offered later. I believe it was Tong's mission as well as the "missing link" crap. Missing Link was the mission on the boat - which was not that great, but it was that weird gap of time in the main campaign.
 
Why can't they just redo the original dues ex or at least a similar concept with updated graphics etc., the newer versions end up being so disappointing.
 
Why can't they just redo the original dues ex or at least a similar concept with updated graphics etc., the newer versions end up being so disappointing.

Because consoles. The original wouldn't translate with the kiddies.
 
And, as great as it was for its time, it wouldn't hold up without some major changes to mechanics and story...

imho, fwiw
 
Because consoles. The original wouldn't translate with the kiddies.

And, as great as it was for its time, it wouldn't hold up without some major changes to mechanics and story...

Agreed on both accounts, but we can still dream.

I know it will likely never happen, and it would probably get thrashed by both hardcore fans of the original, and the latest gen so used to being hand-held through everything... but I'd still love to faithful reproduction in a new engine. I'd have the nerd spasm of nerd spasms.
 
Not to mention, Human Revolution was quite an awesome game, well and truly a worthy sequel.
 
And, as great as it was for its time, it wouldn't hold up without some major changes to mechanics and story...

imho, fwiw

I've seen this excuse thrown around willy nilly in many cases, but what is the problem with the story and mechanics that was good 15 years ago, but makes it useless now?
 
Back
Top