• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

That video looks pretty good, and that's only the PS4 version. As long as the PC version isn't stuttery or broken, I can live with visuals like that at 60fps.
 
IMO it looks a lot better than HR in graphical fidelity, but seems to have lost a bit of its style compared to HR. Seems that while the environments are more detailed, with nicer lighting, they seem a little more generic. That's just from flipping through that video really quick though, and I'm someone that liked the original yellow filter of HR. Either way, this looks very good, and hopefully it still has some of the futuristic pizzazz of the last one, and I just didn't notice. Can't wait to play this.
 
If it's really two weeks old, then it's right on the edge of when the game went gold. It could have also been made before it was actually released. However, any time in the last 6 months, I wouldn't expect dramatically different visuals unless it was maybe shaders/effects or something. It would be pretty unlikely to have new assets created in that time. Of course, since it was from the PS4 version, I would hope the PC assets would be a step up. You never know though. Some devs like parity in assets between all systems, some give the PC better textures. It will be interesting to see what the final PC version looks like at maximum. Either way, I'm sure it will look quite good.
 
Having just finished HR after having it in Steam for a solid 3 years, I gotta say - super hyped for this game. Not to mention I thought HR still held up great graphically so I know Mankind Divided is going to look incredible and really push the limits. Hopefully DX12 will actually work and not be a letdown last minute "meh why not" kinda decision they made.
 
I have found on preloading big games that it can take an hour to decrypt, and then steam has to be restarted to make it all work, whereas downloading can take 20 minutes, so... nope.

You guys do the preloading so the servers will be available when I download it on release
 
I can't remember the last game that I've anticipated so badly that I felt that I just had to play it the second it released... GTA V probably comes the closest in recent memory but for the most part, meh I guess I'm either too busy to worry about it or just getting older. I even waited a few days to buy the new Doom despite that franchise being near and dear to my heart for over 20 years now.

Now, if a proper successor to System Shock 2 came out, I'd be waiting with baited breath to play that sucker.
 
I have found on preloading big games that it can take an hour to decrypt, and then steam has to be restarted to make it all work, whereas downloading can take 20 minutes, so... nope.

You guys do the preloading so the servers will be available when I download it on release

Yep, unless your internet speed is crap just skip preloading and download right after unlock time.
 
Surprised they don't have any pre-order sales.Usually someone will have 10-20% off. (Not counting seedykeys.com)


EDIT: I lied looks like amazon price is 59.96 for Xbone and PS4. PC people get screwed and have to pay the extra three cents.
 
Surprised they don't have any pre-order sales.Usually someone will have 10-20% off. (Not counting seedykeys.com)


EDIT: I lied looks like amazon price is 59.96 for Xbone and PS4. PC people get screwed and have to pay the extra three cents.

$44.99 on Greenmangaming. $67.49 for the DDE. You have to log in to see the price.
 
Thanks.Never used them though.Will need to read up a bit.

I've used them several times. They're based out of the UK. On each game they say whether the keys come from the publisher or an authorized distributor.
 
Now, if a proper successor to System Shock 2 came out, I'd be waiting with baited breath to play that sucker.

Yes.

(For me SS1 Remake and SS3 are on that list too. This series is the pinnacle of PC gaming for me.)
 
For an extra $10 you might as well just buy it from an official distributor at that point.
For the last 2-3 years I have not bought a new release at full price. I buy my games at cjs-cdkeys.com

I have not once had an issue with getting any cdkey from them to work. I have had to wait a lil longer to wait for the cdkey, but I always got it.

I trust them quite a bit.

I will gladly save $25 on Deus ex (already did).
 
For the last 2-3 years I have not bought a new release at full price. I buy my games at cjs-cdkeys.com

I have not once had an issue with getting any cdkey from them to work. I have had to wait a lil longer to wait for the cdkey, but I always got it.

I trust them quite a bit.

I will gladly save $25 on Deus ex (already did).

I've used cdkeys a few times as well, but really for the small price difference I'd rather just get it through authorized channels. Some studios have earned that level of commitment from me. Also, I know if the game has serious problems GMG is willing to work with Steam, the publisher, and customers for refurnds while buying from grey market sites if the game doesn't work or runs like ass you're still stuck with it.
 
For the last 2-3 years I have not bought a new release at full price. I buy my games at cjs-cdkeys.com

I have not once had an issue with getting any cdkey from them to work. I have had to wait a lil longer to wait for the cdkey, but I always got it.

I trust them quite a bit.

I will gladly save $25 on Deus ex (already did).

well, if saving money and screwing the developers is your priority then just pirate the game and be done with it. instead you are buying grey market keys intended for sale in other countries. yeah, you can pretend you are supporting the developers but you are not. Everything about games costs money to make. Future games depend on the success of current games. So maybe you saving a few bucks is not a big deal, but then again you are also part of determining if a game is profitable enough to be successful.
 
i've had my card info stolen 24 hours after using cdkeys.com before. No other online transactions so I knew it was that -- I won't use them again, because it was a pain in my dick to cancel my card and get a new one. Someone tried to spend like $200 on the Blizzard store, was automatically cancelled but still - PITA to fix.

GMG has been OK. G2A has been OK, as long as you buy the G2A Shield (i've literally had a key that got banned, but i got my money back)
 
i've had my card info stolen 24 hours after using cdkeys.com before. No other online transactions so I knew it was that -- I won't use them again, because it was a pain in my dick to cancel my card and get a new one. Someone tried to spend like $200 on the Blizzard store, was automatically cancelled but still - PITA to fix.

GMG has been OK. G2A has been OK, as long as you buy the G2A Shield (i've literally had a key that got banned, but i got my money back)

Thats why I use the paypal checkout which is attached to my Bank/CC. That way no CC info is given out.

I try my best to purchase anything on the net with paypal. I just do not want to put my CC info on the net.
 
I used to use Paypal until I returned to Taiwan, and it basically forced Simplified chinese language on me, which I find both inconvenient (since I can't understand the language fully and I can't switch language settings) and offensive (because Simplified chinese is not my language). I am not sure whether it has changed, but given how long PayPal had been around at the time when I tried to use it, I assume it was deliberate action on their part, and I have not logged onto paypal ever since.

The CC I use regularly has a deliberately gimped credit limit though, so if any fraud comes out of it, it'll get refused fairly quickly.

Back on topic, I have always bought games directly through the distributor, rather than through 3rd party key sites. GMG is completely closed off for me, and I have skepticism of any sites that is labelled Cdkeys, and since I use CC, I tend to keep it as tight as possible.

EDIT: turns out PP does have Taiwanese site now, but it's a tad late already. I no longer want PayPal to be any part of my purchases, especially since they require monetary transfers from bank account for credit (which is a f'ing PITA given my working hours). I'd rather use a burner credit card I can terminate for this.
 
I'm wondering how demanding this game will be. I have a 980 Ti right now and play on a 1440P G-Sync monitor. I can grab another 980 Ti for $340 which is really tempting.


For the last 2-3 years I have not bought a new release at full price. I buy my games at cjs-cdkeys.com

I have not once had an issue with getting any cdkey from them to work. I have had to wait a lil longer to wait for the cdkey, but I always got it.

I trust them quite a bit.

I will gladly save $25 on Deus ex (already did).

I've been using cos-cdkeys since BF4 launched and haven't had anything bad happen to me yet. Not saying nothing will I just haven't had a bad experience and will continue using them until I do.

$38 for the game on their site and you can bet you ass that's where I will be buying the game from.
 
Last edited:
I'm wondering how demanding this game will be. I have a 980 Ti right now and play on a 1440P G-Sync monitor. I can grab another 980 Ti for $340 which is really tempting.

EDIT: I've been using cos-cdkeys since BF4 launched and haven't had anything bad happen to me yet. Not saying nothing will I just haven't had a bad experience and will continue using them until I do.

$38 for the game on their site.

That's a really damn good price for a 980 Ti.
 
well, if saving money and screwing the developers is your priority then just pirate the game and be done with it. instead you are buying grey market keys intended for sale in other countries. yeah, you can pretend you are supporting the developers but you are not. Everything about games costs money to make. Future games depend on the success of current games. So maybe you saving a few bucks is not a big deal, but then again you are also part of determining if a game is profitable enough to be successful.

Buying a game isn't supporting a dev.. Oh my..

Maybe you should think.. Why is this dev charging more money for a game in my country ? Games should cost the same everywhere.
 
Buying a game isn't supporting a dev.. Oh my..

Maybe you should think.. Why is this dev charging more money for a game in my country ? Games should cost the same everywhere.

They charge what the market will support. Games shouldn't cost the same everywhere. They should follow the laws of supply and demand in every country they are sold in, which means they should be priced at a point that maximizes both profit and sales. That price differs from country to country. Would you want games to cost the same everywhere that they do in a place like Australia? $110-$120 AUS which about $85 or so USD. And before you say "they would sell more if they were cheaper" don't even bother. Because that isn't true, at least not to a point that would cover the profits lost by having a much lower price.
 
They charge what the market will support. Games shouldn't cost the same everywhere. They should follow the laws of supply and demand in every country they are sold in, which means they should be priced at a point that maximizes both profit and sales. That price differs from country to country. Would you want games to cost the same everywhere that they do in a place like Australia? $110-$120 AUS which about $85 or so USD. And before you say "they would sell more if they were cheaper" don't even bother. Because that isn't true, at least not to a point that would cover the profits lost by having a much lower price.

Games should be the same price everywhere. Especially PC games.. Since like all of them are digital. And yes games do sell more when they are cheaper.. That goes for every product on the planet. Granted the product isn't a pile of shit. And there is massive proof this.. Everyone is always bitching about there gaming backlog.
 
They charge what the market will support. Games shouldn't cost the same everywhere. They should follow the laws of supply and demand in every country they are sold in, which means they should be priced at a point that maximizes both profit and sales. That price differs from country to country. Would you want games to cost the same everywhere that they do in a place like Australia? $110-$120 AUS which about $85 or so USD. And before you say "they would sell more if they were cheaper" don't even bother. Because that isn't true, at least not to a point that would cover the profits lost by having a much lower price.

Games, and ALL digital software, have no BOM value, they have no cost-price. So it does not make sense to change the price based on location. I also have a huge issue with geoblocking and region-locking. Its not like a game sold in India is going to be of lower quality than the exact same game sold in the UK.
 
Games should be the same price everywhere. Especially PC games.. Since like all of them are digital. And yes games do sell more when they are cheaper.. That goes for every product on the planet. Granted the product isn't a pile of shit. And there is massive proof this.. Everyone is always bitching about there gaming backlog.

Oh come on. The people that bitch about a backlog are a minority. Most people aren't us, they don't own hundreds of games on Steam. Games should follow supply and demand, simple as that. Supply and demand is what governs capitalism. Charge as much as the market will support and adjust prices as required by the market. They're not going to sell three or four times as many copies by dropped the price half as much, which is what would be ideal purpose of lowering the price. Dropping the price by half and only selling double the amount would mean the same profit (roughly) and would be stupid. Games sell most of their units in the first couple months of release, that is the best time to have the price as high as the market will support. Then gradually lower the price or use discounts to bring in a sales boost down the line. If one market can't support a specific price you lower it to the point where it can, but you don't sacrifice your profits in the markets that can support the higher price. That would be a really shit way to run a businesses and would lead to your company going under pretty quickly. Remember, AAA games cost $70-$100 MILLION and up. They need to make a good profit off of those titles and they simply won't see the kind of profit required launching at much lower prices.

Something else to keep in mind before the argument comes up, unit sales do spike when a game goes on sale. This isn't just because it's a cheaper price it's because of the "sale effect". A psychological manipulation that makes people make likely to buy something because it's on a limited time sale, meaning they feel like they need to buy it right at that point. The effect is more powerful when the sale notifies the customer how much they are saving both by listing the original price and by saying how big of the percentage is being knocked off.
 
Games, and ALL digital software, have no BOM value, they have no cost-price. So it does not make sense to change the price based on location. I also have a huge issue with geoblocking and region-locking. Its not like a game sold in India is going to be of lower quality than the exact same game sold in the UK.

It's charged based on what those markets will support, simple as that. It would be stupid to charge significantly less in a market that will support a much higher price, especially if you won't see a substantial profit increase by doing so.
 
System Requirements

  • MINIMUM:
    • OS: Windows 7.1SP1 or above (64-bit Operating System Required)
    • Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB)
    • Storage: 45 GB available space

  • RECOMMENDED:
    • OS: Windows 10 64-bit
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K or AMD FX 8350 Wraith
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 - 1920 x 1080 or NVIDIA GTX 970 - 1920 x 1080
    • Storage: 55 GB available space
 
The biggest surprise for games is 16 gigs of Ram which is why I went with 32 gigs on my build from a few months ago.
 
I don't meet those requirements by a long shot. Still running a 6970. I would have to say, that these "minimum" specs seem high. That's a massive push compared to the previous game.
 
I don't meet those requirements by a long shot. Still running a 6970. I would have to say, that these "minimum" specs seem high. That's a massive push compared to the previous game.

eh those demands arent high at all, pretty standard i would say.
 
The biggest surprise for games is 16 gigs of Ram which is why I went with 32 gigs on my build from a few months ago.
I went 16GB for good measure too, but it looks like 32GB might not be such a bad idea soon
 
Yea- I have a workhorse of a 7970 that (with watercooling and a little overclock) is doing OK at 1440p, but this might make me pick up a 1070...
 
I figure I'll probably wait for a new system (at least mobo/processor) build before grabbing more RAM. Are there any games that truly benefit from more than 16GB?
 
I figure I'll probably wait for a new system (at least mobo/processor) build before grabbing more RAM. Are there any games that truly benefit from more than 16GB?

Probably not. I bet this one doesn't even benefit from 16GB, but you never know, and RAM is cheap. :D
 
Back
Top