Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

That's looking quite nice. Seems like it's going to be a nice year to two years coming up for games.

That's looking quite nice. Seems like it's going to be a nice year to two years coming up for games.

And if they use DX12, hopefully better effects and resource utilization for both red/green teams.

And if they use DX12, hopefully better effects and resource utilization for both red/green teams.

That'd be nice. Looks like the same engine, with the same yellow tint and everything. I'm okay with that, but it's always nice to see improvements.

That'd be nice. Looks like the same engine, with the same yellow tint and everything. I'm okay with that, but it's always nice to see improvements.

I remember there were a few demos or videos released with Deus Ex (or Deus Ex themed) environments rendered in Unreal 4 - which would be pretty sweet. Those may have been tech demos and the game itself back into the Crystal engine (i.e. the same one used for Tomb Raider, etc.). If the game is 2016, then we have quite some time to find out what it'll look like in true gameplay.

This is going to be high on my anticipation list next year. (I saw the answer in another thread)

Looks good, but dated graphically. Like Human Revolution I suppose.

Well, I don't think it looks "dated" exactly. I do think it could look a bit better. However, it has progressed in visuals since HR, so while maybe it isn't absolutely state of the art, they haven't just let the old engine sit as-is either. There does appear to be a metric eff-ton of geometry in this one compared to HR. They seem to have achieved a much more believable gritty cyberpunk city setting now.

Well, I don't think it looks "dated" exactly. I do think it could look a bit better. However, it has progressed in visuals since HR, so while maybe it isn't absolutely state of the art, they haven't just let the old engine sit as-is either.

Not worried about it. Maxed out on the PC I expect this is going to look mighty fine.

I can't wait for this.

And they do a really good job building the world, so even with slightly dated graphics the game looks amazing. I hope they don't leave as many low-res textures in the game though, that's one thing that bugged me. If there's a sticky-note on the fridge, i should be able to read it!

hopefully this is more Human Revolution then 'The Fall'

I didn't play The Fall. Wasn't that basically a port from the mobile ones, or do I have that wrong? (honestly can't remember what the deal was with it)

Not worried about it. Maxed out on the PC I expect this is going to look mighty fine.

I can't wait for this.
Yeah, the biggest issue I have with the in-game trailer graphics is noticeable aliasing and some fuzziness. Ignoring YouTube artifacting, those kinds of things are easily fixed with high resolutions on PC. I don't think this will be a powerhouse, but I think it'll look great regardless. I loved the near-future world design in Human Revolution.

I didn't play The Fall. Wasn't that basically a port from the mobile ones, or do I have that wrong? (honestly can't remember what the deal was with it)

I have that for free on my iPhone. But playing a game on a phone is a horrendous experience, so I only have about 10 minutes in the game. And most of that was dialogue.

Didn't watch the entire thing, so not sure what you're talking about... but random guess. moving from hide spot to hide spot?

doesn't seem like 4 years since Human Revolution was released...feels like 2 years or so

doesn't seem like 4 years since Human Revolution was released...feels like 2 years or so

It does seem like it wasn't that long ago. I have played through it again once since it was released though, so maybe that's why. Or I'm just getting old and time's moving faster for me. :D

I usually don't get too excited during E3, especially the last couple of years, but there are so many games that I'm excited for this year, this included that it's making me want to replay all the previous iterations of series. I don't think I have enough gaming time on my hands though... :mad:

I REALLY hope they bring back fucking melee weapons.

It felt so stupid not to have any and to have to do the stealth takedown in order to use his hands/implant.

I remember playing the original Deus Ex game.

I remember seeing this:

6162-74818-gasjpg-550x.jpg

The game was supposed to be futuristic which I assume includes gas price :p

Heck, I paid about that much today at my local gas station.

You're right, that was in the game. It just didn't have the tool tip. Probably a controller thing.

That gas price from the original.. Holy shit. Made me lol irl

No the cover system is different. In DXHR you could fast switch cover side to side only via the jump key. You could not dash forward cover to cover much less specifically target where to dash to. I just opened the game to verify this.

The new system looks similar to Splinter Cell Blacklist. It is different from the more common cover to cover mechanics.

Edit: Just to the add, Deus Ex The Fall also used point to point cover traverssing on the mobile version (I'll have to check if they retained it for the PC). Although I suspect this decision was largely driven due to mobile game control limitations.

Last edited:
I remember playing the original Deus Ex game.

I remember seeing this:

6162-74818-gasjpg-550x.jpg

The game was supposed to be futuristic which I assume includes gas price :p

Heck, I paid about that much today at my local gas station.

It also shows the New York skyline without the WTC...

Back