• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

DX in generally isn't really an FPS. If the whole game was straight combat with zero choice, staying in "gun mode" all the time might make sense.
wot :confused: Have you played the original or any fps stealth game before?

That's fine you think 3rd person is the best way, I'm still curious if it will be an option this time around as that mechanic was one of the complaints about DX:HR.

If not, no big deal. I'm still a fan of the franchise.
 
I voted for the rifle, then the weapon set, then the statue of Jensen. Shame on anyone who votes for the lunchbox.
 
I don't really care about a statue of Jensen TBH, but the weapon replica/minis seem like they'd be cool.
 
I vote: "As much as I love the DX games, I don't want a stupid collector's edition." :p

Now, release a new System Shock game with a statue of "Goggles and/or Shodan" or a replica of Citadel Station or something like that, and I'll buy it. :D
 
I did:
the Artbook
Steelbook
and Lunchbox

I'm one of the CE types that generally want to keep everything mint, that is if I opened it at all. I also would rather look at and understand the game design. Actually the third item was basically pointless to me, but I suppose if the lunchbox is "to scale" then that is kind of interesting. It was either those or the pins, but like I said, there really wasn't a third item that I really liked.

Honestly, all the replica stuff is just clutter (to me). Also, generally it's not the type of stuff that excites the ladies. It's not like I want to put the Jensen bust, next to the Halo 4 Legendary edition Master Chief Helmet, next to my 1000 anime/Gundam figurines, underneath my Hentai wall scrolls.
 
Honestly, all the replica stuff is just clutter (to me). Also, generally it's not the type of stuff that excites the ladies. It's not like I want to put the Jensen bust, next to the Halo 4 Legendary edition Master Chief Helmet, next to my 1000 anime/Gundam figurines, underneath my Hentai wall scrolls.

:D Very true!

Hehehe, I can just imagine bringing some hot lady back to my place and her saying "Oh my god, no, it can't be, you have the Adam Jensen collectible?!?!?!?!" (as she then slams the door shut and starts removing articles of clothing....)



Sorry, boring Friday afternoon here and finished my projects early for the day. :D
 
Now, release a new System Shock game with a statue of "Goggles and/or Shodan" or a replica of Citadel Station or something like that, and I'll buy it. :D

*Brofist*

And how is the soundtrack not a choice? Probably a pre-order "bonus".
 
*Brofist*

And how is the soundtrack not a choice? Probably a pre-order "bonus".

Now a special edition, reasonably priced with the soundtrack WOULD have my attention. Pop that on vinyl for all the vinyl-nerds out there, and you've got a decent pre-order bonus. I'd consider myself less than a vinyl nerd, but I do have a very small collection that I would add something like this to.
 
The knick knacks included in CE's are more often than not complete junk quality, especially when it comes to models and busts. Better off getting the game as cheaply as possible and using the money saved to pick up something high quality from Side Show Collectibles if you are into that sort of stuff.
 
The knick knacks included in CE's are more often than not complete junk quality, especially when it comes to models and busts....

Yup. But generally art books, and soundtracks are cheap to make and can come out with reasonably nice quality. Not that we have any hope of those things being in the final product.


I was hoping to see Adams sunglasses in the collectors edition.. :(

Aaaaand how would you even wear them? Considering they don't have any sort of arms or bridge. Also see above. You can expect that any sunglasses wouldn't be worth a damn and likely fall apart after a week of use.
 
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided... I'm willing to bet that when this bad boy finally releases this forum will NOT be divided.

Did any of you actually NOT like Deus Ex Human Revolution?

God I loved that game.
 
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided... I'm willing to bet that when this bad boy finally releases this forum will NOT be divided.

Did any of you actually NOT like Deus Ex Human Revolution?

God I loved that game.
HR was the first DX game I played; I've tried to play the original but have been distracted by other games. Kinda bummed that I didn't play the original back when it was released because I'm sure I would have enjoyed it back then. I know I'm going to like MD.
 
HR was the first DX game I played; I've tried to play the original but have been distracted by other games. Kinda bummed that I didn't play the original back when it was released because I'm sure I would have enjoyed it back then. I know I'm going to like MD.
Kinda weird how the genre just... died.
First-person shooter + RPG.

The original DE might be old but it's still a unique game, for sure.
 
The original DX did the RPG elements much better, with HR I navigated the entire game head shotting enemies with the pistol without any weapon augmentations. No way you could do that with the original.
 
Imo one of the biggest flaws with the original deus ex is that you start off way too weak and with too few options, it was a hardcore rpg in that aspect.

Once you get a few skills the game really opens up but it would have benefited from you not being a completely inept at everything at the start.
 
I enjoyed that aspect of it because it fundamentally affected how you played from the beginning. It also made it very challenging, which tends to be intentionally avoided with games these days for the sake of appealing to the masses.
 
I am psyched about this game. Loved Human Revolution except that going Rambo really broke that game lol. However, storyline was nice and hacking terminals really satisfied my OCD.
 
Imo one of the biggest flaws with the original deus ex is that you start off way too weak and with too few options, it was a hardcore rpg in that aspect.

Once you get a few skills the game really opens up but it would have benefited from you not being a completely inept at everything at the start.

It started the game with 1999's version of "open world". Nonlinear with minimal hand holding had not been done to this degree before. It was also the first game that chewed me out for not opening my eyes, using my head and just shooting everything that moved like we assume we're supposed to do in a shooter. I remember my reaction to this day, I was like "but... " It made me think... thinking was not done in shooters in that day. It allowed me to save people that the game treated as a foregone conclusion could not be saved, and it made the task difficult enough I believed it at first. There was so much more then just what you picked up along the beaten path. I had a full-blown debate with some guy's pet hidden AI on creation vs evolution in that game; what makes consciousness. I've never experienced that since. The game looks so limited by today's standards, but it's one of the few games that still gives me a feeling of diversification to this day. It is a classic for good reason.
 
I'm not sure they can make these bullshots any more obvious...

DXMD_2015_08_05_GC_screen_ONLINE_023.jpg


DXMD_2015_08_05_GC_screen_ONLINE_022.jpg


DXMD_2015_08_05_GC_screen_ONLINE_021.jpg


DXMD_2015_08_05_GC_screen_ONLINE_020.jpg
 
Why is the post-process sharpening cranked so high...looks terrible.
 
Looks like all other 4K downsampled screenshots I've seen.
There were some really amazing ones for Watch_Dogs last year taken by the community. You'd think they were bullshots if you didn't know better.

So yeah, these are probably real.
 
Deus Ex related, but slightly off topic: has anybody read Icarus Effect (the Deus Ex) novel? Thoughts?

Don't know if you're still paying attention to this thread, but I just finished Icarus Effect a month ago. IMO it's an awesome addendum to the DX universe, the story kinda parallels the intro events to DXHR (it's actually a prequel to The Fall). It sets the stage for DXHR, and gives some good nods to both DXHR and the original DX (one of the characters in the book is a major character in the original game).

I very much enjoyed it, the writing was good (not award winning by any means but much better than other pre-existing lore based books I've read), the story was excellent, the characters had depth and personality without falling back on stereotype. There was a bit of cheese here and there (the ending was predictable and coincidentally a deus ex machina was used in one instance), but overall I really enjoyed it.
 
Don't know if you're still paying attention to this thread, but I just finished Icarus Effect a month ago. IMO it's an awesome addendum to the DX universe, the story kinda parallels the intro events to DXHR (it's actually a prequel to The Fall). It sets the stage for DXHR, and gives some good nods to both DXHR and the original DX (one of the characters in the book is a major character in the original game).

I very much enjoyed it, the writing was good (not award winning by any means but much better than other pre-existing lore based books I've read), the story was excellent, the characters had depth and personality without falling back on stereotype. There was a bit of cheese here and there (the ending was predictable and ironically a deus ex machina was used in one instance), but overall I really enjoyed it.

Yes, it's a nice read.
 
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided dated, with a whole mess of pre-order nonsense

Mankind Divided will launch on February 23, 2016, and with it, multiple "tiers" of pre-order bonuses and a Collector's Edition that contains physical items and in-game content...if you "pre-order today!" you'll help unlock multiple bonuses, all the way up to a 4-day early release for the game...The first tier lets players choose between three different DLC packs, each of which comes with extra outfits for Adam Jensen, weapon customizations, ammo, credits, and a Praxis point to boost his augmentation proficiency...further tiers let you choose between rewards like a digital comic book and digital novella, while everybody will get a pre-order mission and early release. ..you can only choose when enough pre-orders come in to unlock the next tier...

xZ3WtUD.jpg


1Ut2lgk.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yeeeah. Saw that earlier. I was planning to pre-order the game closer to release but seriously fuck this bullshit. SE is now firmly going into my "do no pre-order" pile. Good thing I haven't pre-ordered Just Cause 3 yet.
 
4 day "early" release :p

Well at least they are open about the soundtrack not being the full one this time (DXHR Augmented Edition did not have the full sound track but this was not mentioned).

And I guess it doesn't seem retailer specific.

Right now it seems scaling reward systems (used in crowd funding for example) are "in" for marketing.
 
Wow, they make pre-ordering so exciting, you'd think they are trying to make up for what they know will be a shitty game :p

Seriously, I hope nobody pre-orders this but do hope the game turns out great.
 
I wonder if SE will set the review embargo to the current release date so that they have to come out 4 days after the "early release" date.
 
Jeez I guess they want people to wait for the directors cut? More fragmented game. Just great.
 
Back
Top