• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

MGSVTPP did it pretty well and seamlessly.

they did it and it worked really well and in a realistic (somewhat) fashion. of course, no need to leave bodies behind because you could just fulton them. otherwise they had roaming guards who would alert. This is in wide open spaces, whereas DX just had them in small spaces - connected everywhere with those overused vents
 
Where can I get a tranq gun. I am thinking going non lethal. Currently have 4 lethals yet not a single bullet fired lol.
 
Where can I get a tranq gun. I am thinking going non lethal. Currently have 4 lethals yet not a single bullet fired lol.

I think the vendor in the fancy apartment building sells them. The one with 2 towers and a courtyard. You can also find one in an abandoned building behind the bookstore. Unlike the Stun Gun, they aren't always instant. You have to get a headshot for them to work right away. Yet they work from a mile away so that isn't usually an issue.
 
if you want a DX1 successor, try chaser. a bit dated and ignored but I found it to be a really solid game with great shooting.
Chaser was a solid shooter but the level design was confusing in certain areas and the gameplay was unforgiving and buggy at times. Alpha Protocol was miles better and more comparable to DX.
 
Yep, I've been disappointed in this game too. I guess maybe I expected to enjoy it as much as HR and that's not the case.
 
Chaser was a solid shooter but the level design was confusing in certain areas and the gameplay was unforgiving and buggy at times. Alpha Protocol was miles better and more comparable to DX.
Except Alpha Protocol punishes you far more for non-stealth than DX does. I once tried to do a martial arts only build in AP and ran into a veritable brick wall. AP did a good job in letting you RP, but I don't think Obsidian did a good job playtesting their game against all possible playstyles.
 
Not sure if I'd call myself truly disappointed. I think it was a letdown compared to Human Revolution (which I really liked) but it's still a solid game I'd give a "B."
The theories about the game being 1/2 of a larger game that was split make a lot of sense. It feels like you're around the halfway point in a larger story and the the next thing you know it's the final mission. There's nothing wrong with the final mission, but it feels very sudden and a disjointed after the rest of the game was paced well.
Hopefully it doesn't take 5 years to get to the rest of the game. I suppose I also hope that they don't end up releasing the rest as $60 in DLC too.
 
Except Alpha Protocol punishes you far more for non-stealth than DX does. I once tried to do a martial arts only build in AP and ran into a veritable brick wall. AP did a good job in letting you RP, but I don't think Obsidian did a good job playtesting their game against all possible playstyles.
True. AP is unbalanced and buggy but has great gameplay. Seems to have aged well with Steam users.
 
I loved that game lumps and all. I'd love a sequel or another crack at the concept.
Agreed. It was a mix of Deus Ex and Splinter Cell but done on a budget. Poor sales forced Sega to say no to a sequel.:(
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The Czech signs, shop names, etc. are just ridiculously bad in this game, to the point of comedy.
What strikes me as weird is that the random conversations the cops/citizens are having are actually spoken in gramatically correct Czech, I even recognize some pretty famous voice actors.
But when it comes to all the various signs it's just a trainwreck - machine translated, English word order in Czech sentences, wrong cases, ...
I wonder if the Chinese signs in HR were this bad too.
 
Last edited:
The Czech signs, shop names, etc. are just ridiculously bad in this game, to the point of comedy.
What strikes me as weird is that the random conversations the cops/citizens are havening are actually spoken in gramatically correct Czech, I even recognize some pretty famous voice actors.
But when it comes to all the various signs it's just a trainwreck - machine translated, English word order in Czech sentences, wrong cases, ...
I wonder if the Chinese signs in HR were this bad too.

Probably. Different teams working in parallel most likely. Because automated language translators (like Google's) have gotten so good, people often think that they're all you need. We're not there yet :p
 
The Czech signs, shop names, etc. are just ridiculously bad in this game, to the point of comedy.
What strikes me as weird is that the random conversations the cops/citizens are havening are actually spoken in gramatically correct Czech, I even recognize some pretty famous voice actors.
But when it comes to all the various signs it's just a trainwreck - machine translated, English word order in Czech sentences, wrong cases, ...
I wonder if the Chinese signs in HR were this bad too.

I don't care because I don't speak or read Czech.
 
I don't care because I don't speak or read Czech.

I don't either, but it's a little telling that they take the time and effort to get the spoken language right, indicating they probably had people on staff that they could have checked with. Email works across department, last I checked (about two minutes ago :rolleyes:)
 
All I have to say is they seem pretty damn proud of themselves, they seem to consider it an obligation to watch their names roll by in the credits. /Infuriating. I decided to take a dump instead.

Game was alright, but not that alright.
 
The long credit scroll is (unfortunately) par for the course now. Some can stretch out into 30 minute affairs, too. I think AC: Black Flag was something like 45 minutes and was totally unskippable.
 
It's even worse when they put plot elements or interactive stuff after the credits, so you can't just walk away or close the game.

(I haven't beaten this one yet so I can't say if they do that here, but it's a peeve of mine...)
 
Go back to trolling the ME: Andromeda thread. stashix raised a legitimate issue and no one cares that you don't.

Looks like I offended you again, I'm really sorry!

But, you're wrong - it's not a legitimate issue - 99% of the people playing MD speak and read English and won't even notice the signs.
 
I don't understand the point of unskippable credits. I don't have to sit through the credits after a movie until the theater doors unlock to let the audience free. Why should I have to in my own home?

A minor gripe, but just seems pointless to be held captive for whatever length of time until you can get back to the main menu to quit the game.
 
Looks like I offended you again, I'm really sorry!

But, you're wrong - it's not a legitimate issue - 99% of the people playing MD speak and read English and won't even notice the signs.

I'm not offended, your post(s) really just provide nothing to the discussion. That's great that you don't care. I don't speak or read Czech either, but if someone who does is telling me it's messed up, that's an interesting bit of information to me, even if it doesn't really affect me directly.
 
Wow, people are going to complain about the credit scroll now? Did the developers burst into your room at the end of the game and shackle you to your computer chair, pinch your eyelids open, and force you to sit through the credits? Was it that hard to simply stand up and walk out of the room or *gasp* alt+tab?
 
I'm not offended, your post(s) really just provide nothing to the discussion. That's great that you don't care. I don't speak or read Czech either, but if someone who does is telling me it's messed up, that's an interesting bit of information to me, even if it doesn't really affect me directly.

People in this thread are reaching so hard right now for complaints it's getting ridiculous - "wahhh credits" "wahhh signs" "wahhh my old computer can't run it" "wahhh BETA dx12 patch didn't work" "wahhh load times on my 7200rpm hd"
 
People in this thread are reaching so hard right now for complaints it's getting ridiculous - "wahhh credits" "wahhh signs" "wahhh my old computer can't run it" "wahhh BETA dx12 patch didn't work" "wahhh load times on my 7200rpm hd"

PC gamers have always done this. This game is not an exception to the rule.

Also, you're complaining about people complaining... :p
 
People in this thread are reaching so hard right now for complaints it's getting ridiculous - "wahhh credits" "wahhh signs" "wahhh my old computer can't run it" "wahhh BETA dx12 patch didn't work" "wahhh load times on my 7200rpm hd"

Well, as you say above with the credits...no one is forcing you to read this thread.
 
I can't stand all of the complaining about complaining people complaining about stuff!!
More snickers, less Betty White. :D
But I am enjoying the game. No, not perfect. Yes, silly errors in QA.
 
I think the game was solid. Maybe not excellent, but it's at least worthy of a "B."
It's biggest problem is that Human Revolution was an "A" and outside of graphics, it's simply not as good and innovations were minimal.
Most other gripes are pretty minor. The credit roll thing is a pet peeve of mine that goes way beyond Deus Ex. The fact that they tucked a cutscene in there is lousy, though.
 
I'm going to leisurely pick away at New Game+. All told: I just want more. ;)
 
Sorry I'm the only real true gamer on here defending an excellent game from over the top complaints.

That is an incredibly arrogant statement. You have no way of knowing anything about any poster on these boards outside of yourself and a few comments written around here.
1.) There is no way you could know any players histories, how long they've been playing any of these games, frequency, time spent, or any other variable. It is possible that other people around here and posting have played the game more than you have, have a greater knowledge about it than you do, and also about games and gaming in general. And even if they don't, you have no way of knowing whether they do or don't.

2.) You don't have the ability, right, or knowledge to define what a "true gamer" is. If you're the only "true gamer" then you've created a title for yourself in a vacuum. And if that is what you've done then your title is worthless. If the only evidence necessary for "true gamer" status is not making "over the top complaints", then basically everyone is a "true gamer" (as there is a much bigger silent majority that lurks and doesn't even bother to post). The long and the short is at best this statement is ill defined and self aggrandizing.

3.) Get over yourself. Some people find esoteric details to be important in video games. Some people don't. I don't know much about Czech, but I get annoyed when I see Japanese inaccuracies. Especially when things (whether TV, games whatever) try to hop on board Anime (or other subcultures like say, getting an "asian" tattoo) in order to gain audience or "seem cool". Guess what? Other people have the right to complain about that. As hey, it represents them, whether well or poorly, and whether or not the "intended audience" is aware of it or not.
 
That is an incredibly arrogant statement. You have no way of knowing anything about any poster on these boards outside of yourself and a few comments written around here.
1.) There is no way you could know any players histories, how long they've been playing any of these games, frequency, time spent, or any other variable. It is possible that other people around here and posting have played the game more than you have, have a greater knowledge about it than you do, and also about games and gaming in general. And even if they don't, you have no way of knowing whether they do or don't.

2.) You don't have the ability, right, or knowledge to define what a "true gamer" is. If you're the only "true gamer" then you've created a title for yourself in a vacuum. And if that is what you've done then your title is worthless. If the only evidence necessary for "true gamer" status is not making "over the top complaints", then basically everyone is a "true gamer" (as there is a much bigger silent majority that lurks and doesn't even bother to post). The long and the short is at best this statement is ill defined and self aggrandizing.

3.) Get over yourself. Some people find esoteric details to be important in video games. Some people don't. I don't know much about Czech, but I get annoyed when I see Japanese inaccuracies. Especially when things (whether TV, games whatever) try to hop on board Anime (or other subcultures like say, getting an "asian" tattoo) in order to gain audience or "seem cool". Guess what? Other people have the right to complain about that. As hey, it represents them, whether well or poorly, and whether or not the "intended audience" is aware of it or not.

Psst...hey st4rk...

 
That is an incredibly arrogant statement. You have no way of knowing anything about any poster on these boards outside of yourself and a few comments written around here.
1.) There is no way you could know any players histories, how long they've been playing any of these games, frequency, time spent, or any other variable. It is possible that other people around here and posting have played the game more than you have, have a greater knowledge about it than you do, and also about games and gaming in general. And even if they don't, you have no way of knowing whether they do or don't.

2.) You don't have the ability, right, or knowledge to define what a "true gamer" is. If you're the only "true gamer" then you've created a title for yourself in a vacuum. And if that is what you've done then your title is worthless. If the only evidence necessary for "true gamer" status is not making "over the top complaints", then basically everyone is a "true gamer" (as there is a much bigger silent majority that lurks and doesn't even bother to post). The long and the short is at best this statement is ill defined and self aggrandizing.

3.) Get over yourself. Some people find esoteric details to be important in video games. Some people don't. I don't know much about Czech, but I get annoyed when I see Japanese inaccuracies. Especially when things (whether TV, games whatever) try to hop on board Anime (or other subcultures like say, getting an "asian" tattoo) in order to gain audience or "seem cool". Guess what? Other people have the right to complain about that. As hey, it represents them, whether well or poorly, and whether or not the "intended audience" is aware of it or not.

Jesus Christ, dad, I'm sorry. Should I do the dishes now?
 
How does the game compare to the original Deus Ex released in 2000? I thought the game was really good but this game doesn't look like anything close to similar?
 
Back
Top