• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

It must be hard for you to read reviews of anything, because if the trend you're displaying here follows you must think any critical statement in a review means that they are saying that it "sux."

I've seen several people claim they've beaten the game, then go on to trash it. It's hilarious that they waste all that time finishing something they hate so much.

I'm not going to waste my time going back through this thread and quote all the people to show you what I'm talking baout, but I will continue to call them out on their bullshit.
 
I've seen several people claim they've beaten the game, then go on to trash it. It's hilarious that they waste all that time finishing something they hate so much.

I'm not going to waste my time going back through this thread and quote all the people to show you what I'm talking baout, but I will continue to call them out on their bullshit.

Welcome to the Internet. More trouble than it's worth.

If you enjoyed game... like most of us have and did... that's all that matters.

I understand some of the salient criticisms about this vs HR but overall this is a damned good game and I think we're in a good placewith it when the biggest argument for pages around here was about people's sensitivity to the use of native languages on signs.


For me this is an 8.5/10 game and might even get better depending on what they do with it.
 
I've barely started it, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. I don't really see that changing the more I play. I still found the comments about the Czech language errors interesting though. Perhaps their localization team needs to be defenenstrated. :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I am. I hate it!!! Stupid game... Adam's hair ruins the whole experience for me. I'll never play another DX game as long as I live!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I am. I hate it!!! Stupid game... Adam's hair ruins the whole experience for me. I'll never play another DX game as long as I live!

Damn you. Once you see it you can't unsee it. It's all ruined for me now, thanks to you. :mad:

*goes to uninstall off hard drive*

;)
 
I am. I hate it!!! Stupid game... Adam's hair ruins the whole experience for me. I'll never play another DX game as long as I live!

It is pretty bad...

Really the animations are pretty terrible, one of the only real missteps in this game.
 
I'd say it's probably an 8.25 for me. Glitchy physics, horrible lip syncing, poor weapon balancing, and a smaller world were my issues.
There are dozens of things it did really well. I think they probably started with a game that was going to be a 9-9.5 and for whatever reasons didn't finish/polish it.
 
I had a lot of fun with this but it felt like half a game. Or like they were going to finished it up in dlc or somthing.
 
You need to learn what criticism is. Casting a critical eye doesn't necessarily mean that those doing the criticism think that something "sux".
I would challenge you to quote even one time in which I stated that DX:MD does. I don't think anyone else has either (but I don't know other people's posts as well as my own).

Stating that something is imperfect and then stating reasons why is a far cry from saying something is terrible. Most of the players here that are commenting like the game. Have played the game. Have beaten the game. You're taking what people have said and are conflating it with an agenda you think we have.

It must be hard for you to read reviews of anything, because if the trend you're displaying here follows you must think any critical statement in a review means that they are saying that it "sux."

These are largely valid comments, but since you didn't quote anyone, I'm not sure who exactly you were addressing.
 
Ah, missed that.

Yes, I have St4rk on ignore. First person to prove himself worthy of the 'honor'.
 
  • Like
Reactions: st4rk
like this
We have just released another PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.8 build 565.4_P8.

The following fixes are in this patch:

- The patch adds new Breach content and features:
  • Avatar customization (possibility to change the appearance of the Ripper in-game)
  • Overworld Map
  • New Santeau Corporation (New Maps and Darknet file)
  • New UI for avatar customization
  • New items: Premium Ripper Skins (2)
  • New item: Premium weapon (1)
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash when loading their savegame.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the side mission: 1011000

DX12 specific changes (*only applicable to the DX12_preview branch):

- Fixed an issue that could cause a DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG error.
- Improved performance stability, this should result in less stuttering.
- Slightly improved loading times.
 
I wonder if DX12 will ever catch up to DX11 in this game. Is it still considered in beta or does the game have the DX12 toggle for everyone now?
 
Ah, missed that.

Yes, I have St4rk on ignore. First person to prove himself worthy of the 'honor'.

This guy is setting an example and more people should follow suit. The last thing I want is a bunch of complainers continuing to get offended by my counter-arguments to their unreasonable and salty opinions.
 
Finally have time to play this game. Is there any issue with ordering a key from CD-Keys etc. type sites for Steam activation? They say it's a global version so no weird language issues. CD-Keys is $45CAD instead of $70CAD for basic game or $70CAD instead of $112 for digital deluxe.

Debating the digital deluxe to get all the DLC as I loved HR so much. For me, the story line, atmosphere, music and sneaking mechanics is what I care about. Not concerned if the game is only 20-25hours as I am a busy guy.
 
Finally have time to play this game. Is there any issue with ordering a key from CD-Keys etc. type sites for Steam activation? They say it's a global version so no weird language issues. CD-Keys is $45CAD instead of $70CAD for basic game or $70CAD instead of $112 for digital deluxe.

Debating the digital deluxe to get all the DLC as I loved HR so much. For me, the story line, atmosphere, music and sneaking mechanics is what I care about. Not concerned if the game is only 20-25hours as I am a busy guy.

I just purchased this on CDkeys, no issue with staem activiation. It works just fine.
 
It must be hard for you to read reviews of anything, because if the trend you're displaying here follows you must think any critical statement in a review means that they are saying that it "sux."

totally agree with this statement...too many people think that just because someone points out flaws in a game that it automatically means that they hate the game...those people are idiots...a game doesn't need to be a 10 or a 0...there are middle grounds which a lot of fanboys don't seem to understand...fanboys of a game think that only positive comments are allowed in a specific game thread and that anything negative makes you a troll, hater etc...
 
This game seems to be ballooning out of control in size with every update. I keep getting "out of space" errors when it tries to update.

Checked the game folder and it's almost 60 GB now!
 
This game seems to be ballooning out of control in size with every update. I keep getting "out of space" errors when it tries to update.

Checked the game folder and it's almost 60 GB now!

I know, I just got an update today. And it was huge.
 
Well I bought the digital deluxe with season pass for $70CAD on CD-Keys. Only an hour in (watched the HR summary video as I haven't played it since 2011) but loving it so far. Atmosphere is bang on.

Steam Controller default config works well except the sensitivity on the camera is a bit tough to dial in for accuracy. Will fiddle more with it tonight. Runs well on my PC with a mix of High/Very High at 1080p via Steam Link to my TV.
 
Well I bought the digital deluxe with season pass for $70CAD on CD-Keys. Only an hour in (watched the HR summary video as I haven't played it since 2011) but loving it so far. Atmosphere is bang on.

Steam Controller default config works well except the sensitivity on the camera is a bit tough to dial in for accuracy. Will fiddle more with it tonight. Runs well on my PC with a mix of High/Very High at 1080p via Steam Link to my TV.

Nice! Ya I'm only about 2 hours in, played last night. Really like the hacking. Sometimes though I have no idea how I successfully hacked with access granted, but its very cool.

I agree with the other posts about the lip synching is bad.
 
This game seems to be ballooning out of control in size with every update. I keep getting "out of space" errors when it tries to update.

Checked the game folder and it's almost 60 GB now!

lol 60gb is nothing. You really will blow the smallest things out of proportion, wow.
 
When you have an SSD and multiple games start becoming 50gb+, it's not.

I just picked up two bigger SSD drives to replace my older smaller ones. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand any games to be on spinning disk.
 
I just picked up two bigger SSD drives to replace my older smaller ones. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand any games to be on spinning disk.

Same here, but I just bought a 512 to go with my 256 and they're already both almost full.

Seems like game sizes are outpacing cheap SSDs.
 
I got a 1TB SSD a year ago and it's still nearly full. I'm used to keeping 15-20 games installed at any one time and that's pretty tough when they're hitting the 50 and 60GB mark regularly.

Back to Deus Ex - looks like the "final" DX12 patch is now out. It's a toggle available to everyone without having to do the beta thing.
 
It is pretty bad...

Really the animations are pretty terrible, one of the only real missteps in this game.

The animations and character models for NPCs really is a discredit to how good the rest of the game is. I'd give it an 8.6 otherwise.

And yeah... Jensen's hair is just awful. It's like a manga hero, a Luc Besson character, and the cast of Jersey Shore had a love child.

Also, what's the general consensus on the DLCs -- worth it?
 
Back to Deus Ex - looks like the "final" DX12 patch is now out. It's a toggle available to everyone without having to do the beta thing.

yup, DX12 is out of beta but now there's a new DX12 preview branch, this time for multi-GPU support...on the UI side of things, it’s now possible to close menus (inventory etc) with the same hot-key used to open them...there’s also a fix for the problem where ‘Hold E’ to open devices would clash with holding E to drag bodies around...full patch notes below...

[07-10-2016] PC Patch notes for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patch build 582.1 :: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ General Discussions
 
I tried DX12 with the latest patch, it looks like they fixed the problem with long loading times, didn't run any benchmarks so I don't know if it at least performs as well as DX11; I'll probably just stick with DX11 since that seems to work best with NVIDIA.
 
Larger yet on the PS4 because of the added HDR and 4k support for the upcoming PS4 Pro.

Not to diverge, but I really don't get why Sony can't just branch the code for PS4 and PS4 Pro. That's BS that PS4 users need to gum up their limited storage for features they'll never be able to use. Branching can be expensive, but in this case they have one machine that can use features, and another legacy machine that can't -- not too hard to create two versions/update paths.
 
About 1/3 through at the start of the level.

I don't recall exactly, but don't think you can return after completing so take your time finding everything.
 
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can't return to any of the mission areas outside of Prague. Golem City is a fun mission and it's probably the single largest mission area from the last two games. When you make it to the "Throat" areas, look around as there are several free weapons that are in limited supply.
 
I ran out of storage space quickly in Golem City...I didn't see any way to store or sell items during the mission, so I ended up with a ton of crap at the end.
 
Not to diverge, but I really don't get why Sony can't just branch the code for PS4 and PS4 Pro. That's BS that PS4 users need to gum up their limited storage for features they'll never be able to use. Branching can be expensive, but in this case they have one machine that can use features, and another legacy machine that can't -- not too hard to create two versions/update paths.

How are they going to push you to buy the Pro if they do that? ;)
 
Back
Top