• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

Psst...I don't care if an anonymous virgin on the internet thinks I got "knocked out".

LOL!

All in good fun, dude.

Everyone bow to the One True Gamer of [H]!

The funny thing is that I actually agree with you in a lot of respects. I can't tell you how many games that I've enjoyed, that others here have picked apart for what I consider to be very minute shit. I'm just telling you that PC gamers especially, tend to nitpick stuff and put games under the microscope that the console crowd often doesn't care about (or the complaints don't apply to consoles at all).
 
  • Like
Reactions: st4rk
like this
Looks like I offended you again, I'm really sorry!

But, you're wrong - it's not a legitimate issue - 99% of the people playing MD speak and read English and won't even notice the signs.

Some of us actually care how things affect other people. Others just seem to like proving they haven't matured past being a 13 yr old, argumentative child.
 
Allow me a couple examples, since it seems to rile up a certain person so much:
  1. "Do Not Enter" signs are translated as "Nezadávejte", which literally means Do Not Input. The proper Czech word is "Nevstupujte".
  2. When you first meet Marchenko, he utters the phrase "Chlupatí pricks". Chlupatí is a slang term for the Police, this Czenglish construction is pretty funny, if totally out of place.
  3. Chairs in the metro have "sídlo" written on them, sídlo means place of residence, the correct word is sedadlo.
  4. Svobody Beer and Mramor Pilsner - these translate as Freedom Beer (is this supposed to be a Victory Gin reference?) and Marble Pilsner - I don't think calling your beer marble was exactly intended.
  5. Drahomir's shop is called Koníčky a Hráčky Toys - That translates as Horses/Hobbies and Toys Toys. The diacritic is wrong too.
  6. Most of the NPC's with Czech flags sewn on their clothes have them upside down.
  7. Naturals Only is translated as "Přirozené pouze", which is obviously a machine translation that makes no sense (Natural what? Tits?) and the word order is wrong too.
  8. Dávný čtvrť - wrong case, it should be Dávná čtvrť, which by it self makes little sense. Dávná is a word for ancient, not old. It should be properly called something like Staré město, which is an actual district in Prague.
  9. Útulek complex - misspelled as Utulek, the word means animal shelter. I'm not sure if this is deliberate or not, but given the fact that it was built before the Aug Incident it strikes me as unlikely.
  10. Soft drink translates as "jemný nápoj", which is an obvious machine translation. There is no direct equivalent for this phrase in Czech, the closest would be nealko(-holický), meaning non-alcholic or sodovka (soda).
  11. Various NPC's refer Hlvani or Hlavni street, which are misspeled variants of Hlavní, meaning major or main. There is Hlavní nádraží (the main trainstation) in real Prague, a central train hub.
They are all relatively minor, nothing to sap my enjoyment of the game, but at the same time they are immediately noticeable to a native speaker.
 
Today is the day Adam Jensen reunites with Frank Pritchard inSystem Rift, the first story DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwT6s-GxDkw


In System Rift, Adam assists his friend and former colleague at Sarif Industries, in hunting down information on the mysterious Santeau Group. Desperate to get more information, Pritchard targets one of the most secure data banks ever created – the Palisade Blade. In agreeing to help, Adam may also be able to uncover hints as to who the Illuminati really are.
--------------------------

We have also just released another PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.7 build 551.7_P7. This patch focuses on DLC and critical issues that were reported by users during the last weeks after the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API release.

The following fixes are in this patch:
  • Added support for the Jensen Story: System Rift
  • Added Lens Flare option.
  • Improvement of Tobii EyeTracking's cover at gaze: Better responsiveness. Separate the responsiveness setting from Extended View. Filter the gaze point harder to get better snapping.
  • Tobii EyeTracking's gun arm at gaze (new feature). When using Nanoblade, P.E.P.S or Tesla augmentations, the gun arm will aim in the direction of your gaze, quick shoot by releasing the trigger early or hold for continued aiming.
  • Fixed an issue where Extended view is enabled when shopping.
  • Fixed an issue where Extended view - Gun arm weapon reticles are moving.
  • Various crash and bug fixes.
  • UPDATE: Fixed issue with Tessellation and some cables in Prague.
 
The funny thing is that I actually agree with you in a lot of respects. I can't tell you how many games that I've enjoyed, that others here have picked apart for what I consider to be very minute shit. I'm just telling you that PC gamers especially, tend to nitpick stuff and put games under the microscope that the console crowd often doesn't care about (or the complaints don't apply to consoles at all).

It's just ridiculous this game has 64% on Steam.
 
It's just ridiculous this game has 64% on Steam.

Probably a lot of people that immediately crank everything all the way up and freak out when their 780 pulls 20fps. The game might not be overly optimized, but 10 minutes of tinkering should make it playable and looking good for people with hardware going back several years.
The game isn't great, but I don't see giving it less than a 70%. Especially if you like the genre enough to have already purchased it.
 
It's just ridiculous this game has 64% on Steam.
It's a bit of a letdown compared to HR but overall a very good game. Several of the negative Steam reviews are due to performance issues and the microtransactions. I played with High settings and had no performance issues. I simply ignored the microtransactions.
 
Do the Augs feel more balanced? HR had so many damn useless augs... to me it wasn't really choosing a spec, but more about choosing what you got first... which was always the same stuff. Get jump/wallbreak first for accessibility, then cloak, etc. I've never really been able to play a different "spec" cause to me there was only one lol
 
Do the Augs feel more balanced? HR had so many damn useless augs... to me it wasn't really choosing a spec, but more about choosing what you got first... which was always the same stuff. Get jump/wallbreak first for accessibility, then cloak, etc. I've never really been able to play a different "spec" cause to me there was only one lol

There are still a fair number of lesser augs. A few are borderline useless. For instance there's one that eliminates flashbang blindness...when only like 5 enemies in the whole game have those. I can't think of a single instance where the quiet walking aug is any better than cloaking. Some of the hacking ones improve odds that never seem correct to begin with...plus quicksave > all that nonsense. I think you can only choose 4 active abilities at once, too. Meaning there isn't much point to have more than 4 unless you just have no other use for your points.
Considering how many praxis kits are available, there aren't really different builds in this one either. You might avoid a few abilities that are lethal or combat-focused, but you can cover most bases in one pass. The stuff you didn't choose you probably didn't choose for a good reason.
 
Well I caved and bought the Season Pass, so I'll be checking out the first DLC tonight. If no one beats me to it, I'll report on it when I'm done.
 
Well I caved and bought the Season Pass, so I'll be checking out the first DLC tonight. If no one beats me to it, I'll report on it when I'm done.

Me, too. I'm about to fire it up.


Note: This is also "stand alone" in the Jensens' Stories section of the menu and not in the main game.



EDIT: I had missed the Pritchard character. I enjoy his and Adam's exchanges and dynamic.

You start out in a new area in Prague not in the main game. It's not terribly big.

You get to raid another bank and this one is pretty damned impressive.
 
Last edited:
Any idea how much the next mission/DLC will cost? I couldn't care less about the one-time use praxis kits, credits, etc. that come with the season pass. Just wondering if it would be cheaper to buy the two main DLC separately.

Also, how long is System Rift? It seems to be fairly short but I tend to explore/hack/read/open everything.
 
Looks like I offended you again, I'm really sorry!

But, you're wrong - it's not a legitimate issue - 99% of the people playing MD speak and read English and won't even notice the signs.
Then let's call of all cancer research, since it only affects a small percentage of people it's not a legitimate issue.
 
Any idea how much the next mission/DLC will cost? I couldn't care less about the one-time use praxis kits, credits, etc. that come with the season pass. Just wondering if it would be cheaper to buy the two main DLC separately.

Also, how long is System Rift? It seems to be fairly short but I tend to explore/hack/read/open everything.

They are $12 US each, so if you buy both it is only $6 short of what the Season Pass will cost.

As far as length, I think I clocked in around 4-6 hrs, and I talked to everyone, explored every nock and cranny and hacked every PC.

The level design is still excellent, the characters are compelling enough, but this one felt thin and forgettable to me. Not much story, not much to explore, and even less to discover. Perhaps I thought there was going to be a fair amount of side story info since we were going into the "Most secure data vault in all the world". But no, there was jack. The standard bank in the main game was more rewarding to infiltrate with more tidbits to discover imo. Hopefully I was just REEEALLY blind.

Can you import your character into the new DLC?

No unfortunatley. You start with basic augs and 9 Praxis Kits to use as you want. Given they episodes brevity, this did not feel like enough. Also, there is no point in picking up weapons to sell, as there is no vendor.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
System Rift bug:

I'm near the end. Adam has to go into a computer simulation to rescue Pritchard's avatar. You get to this point where it appears you have to go across the chasm blindly. Shadowchild says she gives you a few augs and I see my "augmented vision" icon but I can't use it, can't activate it, can't do squat with anything. Am I really supposed to do this blindly or is there some other dumb trick I'm missing. Thanks!




Start at the 1:45 (One hour, forty five minute) mark. It happened to this guy, too.


I did what he did. Around the 1:52 mark he reloaded his save, dumped all of his augs, and assigned the vision to F1. Nothing else. I did the exact same thing and got lucky. It works. Definitely a silly bug.

This segment was a PITA.



System Rift spoiler commentary:

Your breach and break in uncovers a tip of an iceberg that spooks both Jensen and Pritchard and connects to Stanton Dowd, one of the Council of Five, who was in the original Deus Ex.

This also sets up, storywise, the Breach sidegame's existence logically. A nice, neat little package.
 
Last edited:
System Rift bug:

I'm near the end. Adam has to go into a computer simulation to rescue Pritchard's avatar. You get to this point where it appears you have to go across the chasm blindly. Shadowchild says she gives you a few augs and I see my "augmented vision" icon but I can't use it, can't activate it, can't do squat with anything. Am I really supposed to do this blindly or is there some other dumb trick I'm missing. Thanks!




Start at the 1:45 (One hour, forty five minute) mark. It happened to this guy, too.


I did what he did. Around the 1:52 mark he reloaded his save, dumped all of his augs, and assigned the vision to F1. Nothing else. I did the exact same thing and got lucky. It works. Definitely a silly bug.

This segment was a PITA.

For me it was a WTF moment until I figured it out.

Great DLC and much better than Desperate Measures.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
My biggest complaint with "System Rift" was:

How empty and pointless it felt. Breaking into the "most secure datavault in all the world" you would expect to find intensely guarded secrets, instead you find intensely guarded nothing. Pointless holograms with zero significance and zero reward. I knew the main story would yield something, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about all the other vaults you can break into. You manage to ghost your way into, Picus or Santeau's vault for example, the place you figure you'll find their juiciest secrets, and you leave with that feeling of opening an empty safef. There is all kinds of potnetial here! But no, you get norhing.

I watched a couple streams after I played it and had to laugh at everybody having the same reaction I did. They were like "Okay, here we go.... what's this? Is that it? This can't be it, I must have missed something." *activates everything they can find* "Seriously, you have to be kidding me. That actually was it, how lame can you be?"

This was something I hoped for, getting to go into the "Blade" and explore. Palisades bank was one of my favorite parts of Prague. This should have been an 8-12 hr DLC with CONSIDERABLY more reward. Not story breaking spoilers, but exciting teasers of things to come. Answers that created more questions, similar to Rifleman Bank Station. Instead it felt flimsy, tacked on and unsatisfying. The beginning was great, up to the point you make it into the vault area, then it falls flat on its face.

If this is Squeenix idea of DLC I won't be wasting my money on future releases until they are repackaged as "Definitive Editions"
 
My biggest complaint with "System Rift" was:

How empty and pointless it felt. Breaking into the "most secure datavault in all the world" you would expect to find intensely guarded secrets, instead you find intensely guarded nothing. Pointless holograms with zero significance and zero reward. I knew the main story would yield something, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about all the other vaults you can break into. You manage to ghost your way into, Picus or Santeau's vault for example, the place you figure you'll find their juiciest secrets, and you leave with that feeling of opening an empty safef. There is all kinds of potnetial here! But no, you get norhing.

I watched a couple streams after I played it and had to laugh at everybody having the same reaction I did. They were like "Okay, here we go.... what's this? Is that it? This can't be it, I must have missed something." *activates everything they can find* "Seriously, you have to be kidding me. That actually was it, how lame can you be?"

This was something I hoped for, getting to go into the "Blade" and explore. Palisades bank was one of my favorite parts of Prague. This should have been an 8-12 hr DLC with CONSIDERABLY more reward. Not story breaking spoilers, but exciting teasers of things to come. Answers that created more questions, similar to Rifleman Bank Station. Instead it felt flimsy, tacked on and unsatisfying. The beginning was great, up to the point you make it into the vault area, then it falls flat on its face.

If this is Squeenix idea of DLC I won't be wasting my money on future releases until they are repackaged as "Definitive Editions"

A Definitive Edition concept is probably a given for this along the lines of Director's Cut for the previous game.

I felt a little better about this DLC than you although you do bring up a number of fair points and criticisms. I think I got somewhere between 4-6 hours on System Rift with a fairly meticulous and relaxed approach.

I don't know if you read my spoiler comments a couple of posts above. Those were some items that I liked out of this DLC.

Palisades Bank is quite impressive and going to be a tough act to beat. No question about that.
 
Then let's call of all cancer research, since it only affects a small percentage of people it's not a legitimate issue.

Did you just compare signs in a video game to fucking cancer? Wtf?? That's incredibly offensive.
 
At what stage in the plot does the DLC come into play? Is it an additional mission or does it modify the rest of the game in any other ways?
 
At what stage in the plot does the DLC come into play? Is it an additional mission or does it modify the rest of the game in any other ways?

Both DLCs take place fairly early in the plot right after the train bombing. Neither have direct and overt bearings on the main plot although you do get some more background and subtext as well as some branching out with some other potential narrative threads.

If they do a Director's Cut like they did for HR I could see at least these first two DLCs being HUGE sidequests that pop up shortly after the train bombing sequence and when the game starts in Adam's apartment.
 
Did you just compare signs in a video game to fucking cancer? Wtf?? That's incredibly offensive.
Pff, it's ironic that you'd find that offensive. But dismissing an issue completely because it doesn't affect you is fine.

Why should I care that you're offended? Being offended is not an argument. So I'm still waiting on your brilliant explanation on why is it not an issue.

You know, I'm glad that you are offended. Because you might feel a bit like all the Czech people who you dismissed earlier.
 
Both DLCs take place fairly early in the plot right after the train bombing. Neither have direct and overt bearings on the main plot although you do get some more background and subtext as well as some branching out with some other potential narrative threads.

If they do a Director's Cut like they did for HR I could see at least these first two DLCs being HUGE sidequests that pop up shortly after the train bombing sequence and when the game starts in Adam's apartment.
All the more reason to wait for the DC. I can't believe after HR they didn't learn their lesson and made more standalone DLCs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
You know, I'm glad that you are offended. Because you might feel a bit like all the Czech people who you dismissed earlier.

I have never been to Czechland or whatever the hell it is called, I have no intention of going, and I don't know any Czechians. I'll be fine.
 
I have never been to Czechland or whatever the hell it is called, I have no intention of going, and I don't know any Czechians. I'll be fine.
So you're actually a person, who is only kept from doing terrible things by the fear of retaliation? How adorable.
 
So you're actually a person, who is only kept from doing terrible things by the fear of retaliation? How adorable.

I'm sorry I enjoyed the game and actually paid attention to playing it instead of reading and over analyzing random ass signs in game. I'm really, truly, sorry.
 
I actually agree with you on the part about just letting go, and enjoying the game. People tend to pick apart things that really don't matter too much in the scheme of things. Some take games too seriously. Others just don't seem to feel good about themselves unless they're complaining or picking something to pieces. I'm with you on that.

In this particular case, someone else just happens to be able to see those things as plainly as you could if they were English errors. It's all about perspective here. Should it ruin the game? No. It shouldn't. However, I also don't feel like he thought it DID ruin his experience, just that it was funny. Kinda like people laughing at the Engrish in SNK fighting games, or laughing at "All your base are belong to us!", only kind of in reverse. He didn't come off as nit-picking at all.

However, your dismissal of his point of view as irrelevant, and your general attitude toward another culture seeing things slightly differently from yourself, is kinda just stupid. You don't have to be Czech or know anyone who is to see where he's coming from, even if you disagree.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I felt a little better about this DLC than you although you do bring up a number of fair points and criticisms. I think I got somewhere between 4-6 hours on System Rift with a fairly meticulous and relaxed approach.

I don't know if you read my spoiler comments a couple of posts above. Those were some items that I liked out of this DLC.

Palisades Bank is quite impressive and going to be a tough act to beat. No question about that.

I did read your previous post earlier, but went back to refresh my memory. I'm gald others are enjoying it and it really isn't my intention to take that away from them. I'm simply frustrated with the deminishing returns of the money we spend, and Squeenix' shaddy practices in general.

I'm sure I sounded like I hated the DLC altogether, which isn't true, so I should clarify. While I was disappointed with the payoff of the vaults not related to the main story, and the breadth of the DLC in general, I still enjoyed most of it. The new part of Prague was nice to explore, (albeit small) and infiltrating the Blade, up to the actualy vault area, was fun enough and kept the exceptional level design of the main game. The characters were compelling also, but compeling enough I wanted more time with them. That however is my feeling towards the whole DLC, it could have used more depth and development. I think Squeenix gave them a predetermined length for DLC and Eidoes did the best they could with it. For the money however, I was expecting the paid DLC to be closer to "Missing Link" in length and depth. I personally did not care for Breach mode, even after forcing myself to push through that feeling and put 15 hrs into it. Its F2P structure has just strengthened my distaste for Square Enix and their cheap shot, under-handed revenue practices. That bias obviously played a part in my enjoyment of the Breach aspect of this DLC. I feel like Breach is being shoved in my face and I'd really like to shove it back. I wouldn't mind a MP / CO-OP mode to this universe, but Breach is a shallow pay to win SP outinig with a DX paintjob. It's attrocious imo. If Squeenix plans to continue this kind of crap for another 2 games, I will have to refrain from purchasing until a complete edition is released. I hate to do this to Eidoes Montreal, because they deserve the support, but Squeenix is going to brutilize this IP if consumers don't start speaking with their wallets.
 
However, your dismissal of his point of view as irrelevant, and your general attitude toward another culture seeing things slightly differently from yourself, is kinda just stupid. You don't have to be Czech or know anyone who is to see where he's coming from, even if you disagree.

I disagree, it was definitely nitpicking and the other nitpicking/whiners in this thread (who don't even freaking speak Czech) were jumping on the sign bandwagon to further their "this game sux" agenda.

And people need to learn to quote posts - I nearly missed this response because it didn't show up in my notifications area.
 
Well that ended abruptly. 21 Hrs here, non-lethal stealth run through, that sound about right?
 
Well that ended abruptly. 21 Hrs here, non-lethal stealth run through, that sound about right?

Yeah, I think so. I put in more time, but I tend to do a lot of hunting around and scouting for ways to get the max XP.
Stealth in this game doesn't necessarily mean slow this time around, too. The silent weapons are the best ones by far.
 
I disagree, it was definitely nitpicking and the other nitpicking/whiners in this thread (who don't even freaking speak Czech) were jumping on the sign bandwagon to further their "this game sux" agenda.

And people need to learn to quote posts - I nearly missed this response because it didn't show up in my notifications area.

You need to learn what criticism is. Casting a critical eye doesn't necessarily mean that those doing the criticism think that something "sux".
I would challenge you to quote even one time in which I stated that DX:MD does. I don't think anyone else has either (but I don't know other people's posts as well as my own).

Stating that something is imperfect and then stating reasons why is a far cry from saying something is terrible. Most of the players here that are commenting like the game. Have played the game. Have beaten the game. You're taking what people have said and are conflating it with an agenda you think we have.

It must be hard for you to read reviews of anything, because if the trend you're displaying here follows you must think any critical statement in a review means that they are saying that it "sux."
 
Back
Top