• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided

I'm not totally against pre orders. But if you do it, then you have to be prepared if it turns out not as good as hoped.

That said, I got in on that cd keys a while ago. I didn't know it was still around.
 
This game looks to be a winner. Like, EVERYTHING I've seen looks exactly like what I want.


Still no preorders. Never forget.
 
I've been looking forward to this game but this interview with the game director has me a little concerned. At one point he says that they just tried to improve direct combat but then he also says that players are forced into direct combat with no stealth option available. For me DE is all about stealth play and the boss fights in HR were awful because they forced you out of that, I'm not sure why they would not only continue that idea but make it more prevalent like it sounds they are. I also don't see how forcing you into direct combat allows for the freedom to accomplish goals multiple ways like in DE and DEHR.

I hope I'm wrong and we end up with a good stealth game with improved combat instead of something that's more of a generic shooter but my expectations went way down after reading that. The part about non-lethal weapons that don't require stealth makes me think that they're trying to shoehorn the ability to do a non-lethal playthrough into a shooter, I wonder if ghosting is even an option.
 
Yeah I've been anxiously awaiting this one as well. I've always liked Deus Ex's take on the cyberpunk genre. I loved the last installment and this one seems to be shaping up to be a good follow up. If the Wiki is any indication, there looks to be some pretty cool locations being visited throughout too.
 
Did not listen to Sarif's voice, but if he does now have an English accent that is indeed odd. I am not too sure how I like the brighter setting either. The night/dark setting seemed to fit it nicely and probably helps the illusion of stealth.
 
Did not listen to Sarif's voice, but if he does now have an English accent that is indeed odd. I am not too sure how I like the brighter setting either. The night/dark setting seemed to fit it nicely and probably helps the illusion of stealth.

True. I was a huge fan of the dark environments as well, especially Hengsha.
 
True. I was a huge fan of the dark environments as well, especially Hengsha.

Yeah, to me the 'Deus Ex' universe is just constantly at night. The original game took place entirely at night, and the theme just suits the cyber-noire style.
 


I'm not going to lie. I was totally enthralled. DX:HR was the last great game I've played (now 5 years old). Here's hoping that level of gameplay and story design comes about in DX:MD



I've been looking forward to this game but this interview with the game director has me a little concerned. At one point he says that they just tried to improve direct combat but then he also says that players are forced into direct combat with no stealth option available. For me DE is all about stealth play and the boss fights in HR were awful because they forced you out of that, I'm not sure why they would not only continue that idea but make it more prevalent like it sounds they are. I also don't see how forcing you into direct combat allows for the freedom to accomplish goals multiple ways like in DE and DEHR.

I hope I'm wrong and we end up with a good stealth game with improved combat instead of something that's more of a generic shooter but my expectations went way down after reading that. The part about non-lethal weapons that don't require stealth makes me think that they're trying to shoehorn the ability to do a non-lethal playthrough into a shooter, I wonder if ghosting is even an option.

I just read that article to find what you're talking about. Either you're referring to the wrong article or misread something, because I didn't see anything in there forcing players into combat.
There is mentioning of making the combat better and more visceral with the intent of making combat a more viable option. He states that combat was decent in HR but stealth was always a better option. It seems he is stating that he wants parity, that both stealth and combat should be equally good options.

That Article said:
GamesBeat: On a very elementary level, what did you want to achieve with this new game, after Human Revolution?

Jean-Francois Dugas: With Mankind Divided, we wanted to perfect Human Revolution. Even though it was a good game, I never thought it was perfect. We wanted to balance the experience a bit more, bring a more visceral component to the experience. When you look at Human Revolution, stealth was here and combat was there. They weren’t on the same level.

GamesBeat: You felt like stealth was better than action?

Dugas: Right. When you were stealthy, there were plenty of tools. The way you could eavesdrop on people was a very strong fantasy. When you went into combat, it’s not as if it wasn’t fun, but it wasn’t on the same level. It lacked something visceral, an intensity to the experience. We wanted to emphasize that and make sure combat would be visceral and powerful.

We redid the controls. They’re not the same as Human Revolution. Augmentations work with the D-pad and the shoulder buttons. It’s more fast-paced. In the end it’s still the same balance of whether you want to play stealthy or you want to go and fight. That’s still your call. But now, when you fight, it’s much more rewarding and interesting than it was before. It’s up on the same level as stealth.

I would also refer you to the video I just quoted... if you're interested in seeing what gameplay is like.
 
I just read that article to find what you're talking about. Either you're referring to the wrong article or misread something, because I didn't see anything in there forcing players into combat. There is mentioning of making the combat better and more visceral with the intent of making combat a more viable option. He states that combat was decent in HR but stealth was always a better option. It seems he is stating that he wants parity, that both stealth and combat should be equally good options.

This is the part I was mentioning: "But the level also has an unavoidable action scene where you have to go in with weapons blazing."

These quotes also concerned me: "We wanted to emphasize that and make sure combat would be visceral and powerful." "We redid the controls. They’re not the same as Human Revolution. Augmentations work with the D-pad and the shoulder buttons. It’s more fast-paced."

he spent a lot of time trying to portray it as improving combat but I've read enough dev comments on games that have been simplified for mass appeal to see several things as red flags. In a way I'm actually opposed to improving combat for this specific series even if stealth is kept the same because in previous games(excluding IW) if you didn't build your character for combat you got your ass handed to you in direct combat unless you were careful. This created extra tension for a stealth character because if you got caught things could south quickly. Alpha Protocol allowed a character to do both well and I didn't care for that aspect because if you got caught you just pull out your assault rifle and mow everyone down.
 
This is the part I was mentioning: "But the level also has an unavoidable action scene where you have to go in with weapons blazing."

These quotes also concerned me: "We wanted to emphasize that and make sure combat would be visceral and powerful." "We redid the controls. They’re not the same as Human Revolution. Augmentations work with the D-pad and the shoulder buttons. It’s more fast-paced."

he spent a lot of time trying to portray it as improving combat but I've read enough dev comments on games that have been simplified for mass appeal to see several things as red flags. In a way I'm actually opposed to improving combat for this specific series even if stealth is kept the same because in previous games(excluding IW) if you didn't build your character for combat you got your ass handed to you in direct combat unless you were careful. This created extra tension for a stealth character because if you got caught things could south quickly. Alpha Protocol allowed a character to do both well and I didn't care for that aspect because if you got caught you just pull out your assault rifle and mow everyone down.

Ah. Well that's from a demo level. It will be interesting to see what's done in the final product and if there is a way around things. It wasn't from a dev comment. If that level is from the opening Montreal sequence, it would make sense that you're "forced into combat". Much like what technically happened at the beginning of DX:HR, although technically it just went to a cutscene and didn't allow you to play the "combat".

To your point however, in DX:HR combat was literally penalized. If you did non-lethal you'd get more bonus points every time you took someone out. Lethal gave less. In a game that was all about trying to gain EXP, it basically made combat in just that one aspect not viable.
Additionally, it wasn't possible to kill every enemy silently. Nor was it possible to kill every enemy in a single blow. If you wanted to Kill every enemy and still go stealth it was literally impossible, save darting them and then killing them when they're knocked out (which gives no additional exp).

DX:HR was the first game in a VERY long time that I played more than once. Mostly because it was possible to play the game differently. However it was disappointing that it wasn't equal despite which variation you played. More to the point, I think your worries are slightly unfounded, because a big portion of whether your play through is going to be focused on combat or stealth is what skills you choose to put points into. If you never bother with getting the Titan Shield, presumably you won't have it. The same with any other combat related augment.
 
I'm not going to lie. I was totally enthralled. DX:HR was the last great game I've played (now 5 years old). Here's hoping that level of gameplay and story design comes about in DX:MD

I have no doubts this game will be at least as good as DX:HR. That's the worse case scenario. :) That would be good enough for me.

I suspect it's going to be better than that, though, so I really do expect this to be on my GOTY shortlist at minimum by the time 2016 ends.
 
I'm probably going to cave in and pre-order the base game on Steam and then look for a deal on the season pass later. While I have a feeling that the game was delayed because something may have been broken with it and they had the sense to want to fix it before release, it's the thought that they actually had the sense to just delay the game and fix it before pissing off a buncha people that seems to be encouraging me to go ahead and throw down for it. I really enjoyed HR and I even liked The Fall so I can't think of any reason I wouldn't like this one.
 
I always disliked the XP penalty for going lethal, but personally I felt the combat in DX:HR was perfectly fine. I like how i felt squishy. I'm not a God, just a man (that IS what Adam means, after all). It made roleplaying sense. I shouldn't be able to run in guns blazing, 1 man against 5 and win. DX combat has always been about overcoming all odds by using your brain.
 
I always disliked the XP penalty for going lethal, but personally I felt the combat in DX:HR was perfectly fine. I like how i felt squishy. I'm not a God, just a man (that IS what Adam means, after all). It made roleplaying sense. I shouldn't be able to run in guns blazing, 1 man against 5 and win. DX combat has always been about overcoming all odds by using your brain.
Not a hundred percent sure, but I'm guess is the case.... the only real penalty to you playing at higher difficulty is the damage right? Looking at some agdq vids, it seems ai is basically the same regardless of difficulty.
 
I suppose I'm the lone one who plays every game like this as though John Woo was in charge. I left a wake of bodies a mile high in DX and Dishonored and Metal Gear and every other stealth game...because I could. Don't want me to do it? Don't let me. Make it tough if not impossible. I like them improving combat and giving me the tools. It's just a matter of making the game itself setup to discourage it. Don't handicap the bloodthirsty - make the game force our hand fairly.
 
I can agree with you on that. I like stealth but I would like o go crazy without being penalized. Unfortunately, it was in HR.
 
I don't about cdkeys, I believe they are a grey market key reseller? You can get the game at GMG with 20% off for $48
 
I usually go with a mix of stealth and killing...I can never go full stealth in any game as it gets tedious...need to mix it up...I usually try to go full stealth but once it gets screwed up I have no issues with going in guns blazing
 
I don't about cdkeys, I believe they are a grey market key reseller? You can get the game at GMG with 20% off for $48
GMG also deals in the gray market too, iirc. But I think they do both.

I usually go with a mix of stealth and killing...I can never go full stealth in any game as it gets tedious...need to mix it up...I usually try to go full stealth but once it gets screwed up I have no issues with going in guns blazing
I need to get that attitude man, I'm too anal about doing it right that I reload >_>
 
I don't about cdkeys, I believe they are a grey market key reseller? You can get the game at GMG with 20% off for $48

Bought several items from them and have never had an issue. I don't know if they are considered grey market or not but they've worked well for me.
 
I usually go with a mix of stealth and killing...I can never go full stealth in any game as it gets tedious...need to mix it up...I usually try to go full stealth but once it gets screwed up I have no issues with going in guns blazing

It's kind of ridiculous. They give you all these sweet toys in these games and then it's like I'm supposed to put the strait jacket on? C'mon! ;)


I suppose I'm the lone one who plays every game like this as though John Woo was in charge. I left a wake of bodies a mile high in DX and Dishonored and Metal Gear and every other stealth game...because I could. Don't want me to do it? Don't let me. Make it tough if not impossible. I like them improving combat and giving me the tools. It's just a matter of making the game itself setup to discourage it. Don't handicap the bloodthirsty - make the game force our hand fairly.

What I like about MGS Phantom Pain is I really do think it set a new standard in several ways. It's the first game I'm aware of that attempts to adapt to the player but I like that it rewards me for playing well regardless of how I do it. Some of the best things that happen in that game are when it goes to improvisation and the "unexpected" happens.

We need more games like this.
 
Not a hundred percent sure, but I'm guess is the case.... the only real penalty to you playing at higher difficulty is the damage right? Looking at some agdq vids, it seems ai is basically the same regardless of difficulty.
That's all I've really noticed, so i always play on the highest difficulty in DX games.
 
MGS5 is really great in terms of switching from one to another.

In fact, the few things I hate about it was about other things... like the whole don't kill kids thing. That always annoy me to no end. They're SHOOTING at you. Fuck being nice. But sneaking to all out bombing raid? Whatever. It's too bad they take your ranking away from it, but meh, whatever.
 
I thought that MGSV:TPP was phenomenal in the way the levels were split up along with challenges and so forth. It created a tremendous amount of replayability. Even the latest Doom had some aspects of that. You can replay levels to get unlocks. I would love to see DX go to some type of similar model but I don't really expect it.
 
Me neither, but I don't know how I'd feel about it. Playing through MGS5, I really didn't think story was at all the central concentration of that game, despite MGS/2/3 and maybe 4 but I never played 4. It seemed more for the gameplay than the story. Whereas Deus Ex is very story oriented.
 
I want to pick this up by CD-keys has like really cheap compared to every price out there. Only a two month wait on this one.
 
CDKeys pricing is borderline unmatched with games that aren't on a Steam Sale. It's one of those sites where they're apparently using the value of different currencies to get a better deal. I've always been surprised at their pre-sales. Sometimes they'll have them years before a game hits, but they're still 100% real.
 
What happened to this game? Graphically the game looks like a joke for a 2016 AAA title. The character models look no better than what we had 10 years ago in some games and the lip sync and facial animations are laughably bad.

 
What happened to this game? Graphically the game looks like a joke for a 2016 AAA title. The character models look no better than what we had 10 years ago in some games and the lip sync and facial animations are laughably bad.
It's PS4 gameplay. The PC version should look better. This game franchise was always about the gameplay and story. If the reviews are positive it's a day one buy for me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Damar
like this
It's PS4 gameplay. The PC version should look better. This game franchise was always about the gameplay and story. If the reviews are positive it's a day one buy for me.

Yep. Gameplay over graphics any day.
 
Yep. Gameplay over graphics any day.
If the gameplay is no different than DX:HR, I'm not sure I'd be too happy though. It's a great game, no doubt, but it's been years.

(That said, I'm sure I'd be mildly okay with playing more DX:HR-ish stuff. DX:The Fall was not especially good though.)
 
Games looks better better use of Shadows and textures the last one from 2011 or whatever was pretty plain jane.
 
Games looks better better use of Shadows and textures the last one from 2011 or whatever was pretty plain jane.
DX:HR had a style (dump a huge gold filter on the screen) and then backed away from it in the Director's Cut. I like it when games take chances in design, it is better than the brown/gray "grit" that's nearly everywhere else.
 
I enjoyed the look of DX:HR...both with and without the weird yellow tint filter. I'd certainly hope this game will look better 5 years later though.
I'm of the opinion that graphics and gameplay shouldn't suffer because of one another. If either isn't up to par - delay the game until they are.
 
What happened to this game? Graphically the game looks like a joke for a 2016 AAA title. The character models look no better than what we had 10 years ago in some games and the lip sync and facial animations are laughably bad.



I'll grant you the facial animations. That was actually never this studio's strong point. They were actually pretty horrible in Deus Ex: HR. The game was still amazing though. I think someone on here said it best when they stated that all the characters looked like they had Parkinson's.

HOWEVER, if you think the environments look anything like Deus Ex: HR, and haven't improved at all, I think you might need your eyes washed out with soap. :p The game looks incredibly good short of the character animation.
 
I'm going to get this game on CD KEYS it's like 32.00 while 59.00 on Steam no way am I paying double.
 
What happened to this game? Graphically the game looks like a joke for a 2016 AAA title. The character models look no better than what we had 10 years ago in some games and the lip sync and facial animations are laughably bad.


I'd be happy with it looking like this. Looks good enough, but I know it'll look slightly better on PC.

Better than another Watch Dogs fiasco, right?

My only concerns for this game are the changes to the cover system. So far from what I've seen I'd rather have had them keep the old one cause this one one looks very clunky.. Hopefully this impression is just from the obnoxious tooltips (which will hopefully be able to be disabled) and novice players using controllers.
 
Back
Top