Destiny - Discussion Thread

You'll have to let me know how scout rifles are now. I'm too busy playing Horizon 2 now :cool:.

Scout rifles hit a lot harder now. I have a rare rifle with explosive damage, which gives so much kick to headshots. I actually leveled up to light level 21 thanks to the new heroic mission rewards (I've been playing SP except during the free PSN MP weekend). :D

Scout rifles hit a lot harder now. I have a rare rifle with explosive damage, which gives so much kick to headshots. I actually leveled up to light level 21 thanks to the new heroic mission rewards (I've been playing SP except during the free PSN MP weekend). :D

I don't think they've buffed scout rifles yet. I have a purple one (the calling?) that is one upgrade away from being maxed and is still vastly inferior to virtually any auto.

Just finished the last story mission last night, lvl 18. There are a few side missions I need to go back and complete before I begin the next stage of the game. I was somewhat disappointed in the final boss fight. Somewhat anticlimactic.

Which raises an issue I see more and more these days: game devs don't know how to end a game on a high note. They don't know how to craft a cathartic end-game experience anymore. I remember playing the end boss on Mass Effect 2, or the Scarecrow in Batman Arkham Asylum, or really any of the bosses from the God Of War series, or the boss fights in Prototype, or Darksiders. The thing is, most of the really great boss fights in those games are not the end game boss (except Mass Effect). And when you have a highly anticipated AAA title like Destiny, to end on anything less than something like that is disappointing. Particularly in light of some of the mid-game bosses like Phogoth or the Devil Walker or the Eye of Oryx (which is a very early boss).
All cool bosses, only to have the final boss be a proxy battle against its avatars, as opposed to actually attacking the Heart.

Also, I would have liked them to build some kind of detection system into the game so that the weapon you were given at the end was the same kind as the one you use most. I use scout rifles almost exclusively, with a shotgun as backup. But I got the same pulse rifle as everyone else.

I don't think they've buffed scout rifles yet. I have a purple one (the calling?) that is one upgrade away from being maxed and is still vastly inferior to virtually any auto.

That's crazy... when they were giving the preview patch notes, scout rifles were on the list. Now I'm not seeing that fix anywhere. Can anyone confirm this? :(

Last edited:
Just finished the last story mission last night, lvl 18. There are a few side missions I need to go back and complete before I begin the next stage of the game. I was somewhat disappointed in the final boss fight. Somewhat anticlimactic.

Which raises an issue I see more and more these days: game devs don't know how to end a game on a high note. They don't know how to craft a cathartic end-game experience anymore. I remember playing the end boss on Mass Effect 2, or the Scarecrow in Batman Arkham Asylum, or really any of the bosses from the God Of War series, or the boss fights in Prototype, or Darksiders. The thing is, most of the really great boss fights in those games are not the end game boss (except Mass Effect). And when you have a highly anticipated AAA title like Destiny, to end on anything less than something like that is disappointing. Particularly in light of some of the mid-game bosses like Phogoth or the Devil Walker or the Eye of Oryx (which is a very early boss).
All cool bosses, only to have the final boss be a proxy battle against its avatars, as opposed to actually attacking the Heart.

I actually had no idea I was on the last story mission when I was playing it. I thought it was a little out of the ordinary that I fought three 'bosses' instead of the normal one boss, but it wasn't until that final cutscene (which didn't explain anything at all), that it dawned on me that the story was over (at least until the DLC starts rolling in).

With a game like this, that's supposed to be the first part of an epic story, it doesn't concern me that it didn't end with a 'bang' or something more climatic, what concerns me is how boring and uninspiring it was. Look at Mass Effect 1, that game was an excellent way to start an epic story. It got you invested in its world, the ending made you excited and hyped for what was to come next (and that series delievered, imo). It would've been awesome if Destiny was able to conjure a similar feeling, it would've gone in a long way for me to look past a lot of its glaring (albeit mostly patchable) issues. It especially hurts if these rumours about the main story being chopped up into little consumable bits are true, because that 'original' story sounded interesting.

It would be really cool if Bioware looked at Destiny as an inspiration (in terms of co-op play, strike missions) and incorporated those mechanics into the next Mass Effect game. While I love the idea of another singleplayer RPG experience set in the Mass Effect universe, I'd also be open to a quasi-multiplayer RPG set in the Mass Effect universe too.

I already sold my Destiny copy, anyone else ?

Sorta, I managed to get a refund. Funny thing is Microsoft really drags feet on removing the license so I've been able to still play. I just don't because I have no drive to touch it again, I just keep checking this thread to see if bungie pulls a magic trick and announces a good fix like blizz did with diablo 3

What is really sad to me is there is no way to LFG in game. For a supposedly "social" game, I can only PUG strikes. What about the missions you need a fireteam for? None of my friends went Xbox One this gen, so I am stuck. I realize this could probably be fixed down the road, but it really sucks to be out of single player content with no way to progress forward in game. I realize I could drum up some friends from a message board, but not being able to jump into a mission with others looking to do the same is a huge oversight in my opinion.

I think part of that comes from the limited number of players per area server. maybe its just the times I play, but I don't think I have ever seen more than 15 people listed for an area at any time. IF the area is limited to 16 players, finding two others within that pool that want to do the same mission, at the same time may not occur that frequently.

New items revealed for Xur this week. I'll probably get the Hunter helmet. Not sure on the pulse rifle..

New items revealed for Xur this week. I'll probably get the Hunter helmet. Not sure on the pulse rifle..

GAHHHH!!! Xur pissed me off. Wait all week until he shows up, I chose the Exotic Helmet Engram...spent all my motes of light....he gives me a Hunter helmet...I'm a Titan. Thanks Destiny! Back to grinding for gear. :(

GAHHHH!!! Xur pissed me off. Wait all week until he shows up, I chose the Exotic Helmet Engram...spent all my motes of light....he gives me a Hunter helmet...I'm a Titan. Thanks Destiny! Back to grinding for gear. :(

Put it in your vault and save it for a hunter character you know gear and resources can be shared between your own characters

If I could trade you I happily would! Last week I spent my motes on the engram and got a Titan helmet!! The nerve! I was banking on a hunter helmet too :(

Put it in your vault and save it for a hunter character you know gear and resources can be shared between your own characters

I broke it down for the Ascendant Shards, I need 12 - 18 per body part for my armor :(

Trading and dropping items....
Why is it not in this game? So annoying...

Oh, trust me, I've beat my head against the table over that one. Wouldn't matter anyway, you can't COMMUNICATE with other players in-game to let them know you want to swap gear. :(

I think I'm officially done with Destiny. It seems Bungie is only interested in patching all of the fun out of the game by removing the loot cave and other ways that players were getting around its broken loot system. The loot cave wasn't the best time ever but it was much preferable to having to solo tedious lvl 24+ missions and strikes because of the game's impotent matchmaking system.

I guess I got my $60 worth but in hindsight I shouldn't have paid any more than $20.

I think I'm officially done with Destiny. It seems Bungie is only interested in patching all of the fun out of the game by removing the loot cave and other ways that players were getting around its broken loot system. The loot cave wasn't the best time ever but it was much preferable to having to solo tedious lvl 24+ missions and strikes because of the game's impotent matchmaking system.

I guess I got my $60 worth but in hindsight I shouldn't have paid any more than $20.

Pretty much the same, but thats why I don't play mmos. I honestly went in thinking this was a new Halo game with co-op optional. What I've experienced with 90% of the mmos that have come out in the last 10 years is that they start out interesting and and promise the world after lv20 but its a trap. Theres nothing after lv but more grinding. My mmo playing friends yammer on at me about raid arena gear blah blah blah, but I literally just wanted a good story game I can play with my friends as needed. am disappointed.

I think I'm officially done with Destiny. It seems Bungie is only interested in patching all of the fun out of the game by removing the loot cave and other ways that players were getting around its broken loot system.

Sounds like Payday 2. :p

(And everything by Blizzard...)

Yup not only did bungie shot themselves in the foot but they stuck a big massive dildo up their ass while they do it. Don't really see how this crap cost 500mills to make. 500 mills and the options are limited. Not even a slider for different volume. Warframes which is free to play got more contents and options than this game. If the 500mills went to dlc contents. Then bungie are the kind of company that fuck penis to penis. Because apparently ass fucking the customers are just too common these day.

I'm thinking last gen ps3 and X-box 360 made this game more cramped then what they could of done with everything next gen and PC.

I think this game could have easily done 60fps on the ps4.

Of course it can. The devs said so themselves, but they made a lame excuse of "syncing all versions with the servers", so ps3 version is holding back ps4 version, 360 is holding back xbone version...... for "sync" purposes. Cross gen rears its ugly head...

Man if it were for sync reasons, might as well have made it cross gen play. But of course a lame excuse of draw distance will be made. That's pretty pathetic.

I posted a link a few pages back, but regardless what they said, it all sounded like BS, since theres not even any sort of cross play for any platforms. It is a pathetic excuse. A farcical one. I don't believe them.

Yup not only did bungie shot themselves in the foot but they stuck a big massive dildo up their ass while they do it. Don't really see how this crap cost 500mills to make. 500 mills and the options are limited. Not even a slider for different volume. Warframes which is free to play got more contents and options than this game. If the 500mills went to dlc contents. Then bungie are the kind of company that fuck penis to penis. Because apparently ass fucking the customers are just too common these day.

Remember when studios say something cost a certain amount to make they are adding the advertising costs in with that. Advertising is probably 85% of a AAA game's budget.

It was a 500 million franchise deal that goes over the course of 10 years with multiple sequels and tons of DLC. But, yes I agree with you they could have delivered something a lot better and closer to their roots of Halo.

This is irritating me to no end. Do people really suck that bad in crucible? Do they not know how to play control? 11 games of control I've won once. While being over 5000 points most kills, captures of any side and we still lose.

They need to put some ratings of sorts so I can play with people who know how to aim and do objectives. Mic can't come soon enough. They will hear it from me.

Destiny officially sucks.
Can I get a here here!?!??!
Back to Diablo for now

It was a 500 million franchise deal that goes over the course of 10 years with multiple sequels and tons of DLC. But, yes I agree with you they could have delivered something a lot better and closer to their roots of Halo.

"10 years". Heh. The game will be lucky to last 10 weeks before even the diehards have moved on.

Half of that has been dedicated to marketing.

No way does a business spend half their budget on Advertising.

Doesn't seem right.
Average corp spends about 17-20 percent of profit on advertising.
$250 million on ads? I highly doubt that. We'd be seeing it on CNN and the radio stations, bill boards, pre screen movie ads etc.

250 mill is a shit load

Did the Raid for the second time on Saturday night. Finally killed the last boss after learning a nice trick.
If anyone is stuck on the final boss, have the relic holder keep the shield bubble up while everyone stands inside of it shooting the boss. Pro-tip would be to have a titan bring up a weapons buffs bubble off to the side for people to run through before standing inside the Relic shield bubble.

Yea that shit really pissed me off. I know some will say put it in your vault(which I read you already broke it down) but personally I don't plan on building another character in the game. Destiny just is't rewarding enough to built up another character. I've had this happen to me a few times.

No way does a business spend half their budget on Advertising.

Doesn't seem right.
Average corp spends about 17-20 percent of profit on advertising.
$250 million on ads? I highly doubt that. We'd be seeing it on CNN and the radio stations, bill boards, pre screen movie ads etc.

250 mill is a shit load

It's Activision.

Back