Destiny 2

Started playing Destiny 2. Not too shabby. Just opened the "Crucible" But it's reminding me I'm not a fan of first person shooters, so I'm outside my comfort zone. Trying to stick with it tho :)

Guess the big update is supposed to go live at 10am PST or 1pm EST...

Where's some info on this update? It's supposed to bring some pretty big changes right?

Edit: Nevermind I guess it's the just DLC release lol. I thought it was already out.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the download for the dlc hasn't started yet.

ETA: 11am EST download just started.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
They absolutely should have matchmaking for that, but the find a fireteam thing on the bungie website works really well.

It's decent but you're still at the mercy of a roll of the dice essentially. I've belabored the matchmaking point to death by now. ;)

I fail to understand why Bungie continually tries to send people to websites for things that should be handled within the game. Hell, just make it an in-game front end. From Destiny 1's entire plot through all of the matchmaking issues, those have been some of the biggest complaints. They also seem easiest to resolve.

Reactions: w35t
like this
I fail to understand why Bungie continually tries to send people to websites for things that should be handled within the game.
Because the game is not run on dedicated servers purely, it's mostly P2P with only some features (such as physics) in the cloud. Your client is updating other players nearby at about 40 times a second and vice versa.

Started playing this game today. The game looks beautiful (minus jaggies) on ultrawide.

The game is still doing it's crash/reset thing for me on occasion. I'm rocking a totally different build (except my video card, which isn't overclocked or overheating) so it's clearly something config-wise.

I hope I can get that soon. ;)

Maybe I'm nuts but I feel like the fist got unclenched just a little bit on rewards. I've seen a few more exotics engrams here and there and things like that.

since the update i've had good luck. i've had a bunch of cool stuff drop. i think you're right.

like this
Before my game crashed I got 2 bright engrams, 3 purples, and a bunch of blue items. Thing is, the blue items are no longer level capped super low, so I was happily using them to boost my gear.
The cryptologist guy sells purple engrams for 25 shards now, too. With some of Xur's stuff being "meh" (and the limit on exotic weapons) that's an appealing alternative roll of the dice.

like this
Before my game crashed I got 2 bright engrams, 3 purples, and a bunch of blue items. Thing is, the blue items are no longer level capped super low, so I was happily using them to boost my gear.
The cryptologist guy sells purple engrams for 25 shards now, too. With some of Xur's stuff being "meh" (and the limit on exotic weapons) that's an appealing alternative roll of the dice.

i didn't even notice the cryptologist offering purple engrams, that is definitely an appealing way to spend shards. i infuse so much gear though that i'm always running low on shards :D

like this
i didn't even notice the cryptologist offering purple engrams, that is definitely an appealing way to spend shards. i infuse so much gear though that i'm always running low on shards :D

I was in the same situation, but once I hit that wall around 170'ish I ended up stockpiling them. The majority of purple items I was getting were either duplicates or no better than the gear I had accumulated. I probably have 200'ish shards now as a result.
All of that is now out the window, though. Everything that drops is worthwhile and no longer capped now. For that matter, I'm even able to level up again. I'd love to get some new abilities at some point.

like this
I was in the same situation, but once I hit that wall around 170'ish I ended up stockpiling them. The majority of purple items I was getting were either duplicates or no better than the gear I had accumulated. I probably have 200'ish shards now as a result.
All of that is now out the window, though. Everything that drops is worthwhile and no longer capped now. For that matter, I'm even able to level up again. I'd love to get some new abilities at some point.

we're all going to want to stockpile weapon parts and tokens for the update coming next week, since they're introducing masterworks items. i'm low-ish on all, so time to start grinding.

like this
Does anyone know if all of the melee attacks have the same base damage when comparing the different classes?

The game is still doing it's crash/reset thing for me on occasion. I'm rocking a totally different build (except my video card, which isn't overclocked or overheating) so it's clearly something config-wise.

B4 the last patch I had the odd game crash, now it crashes on me within 10 minutes, no idea what's going on but I'm done with the game if I can't get that fixed. Checking their forums, there seems to be a decent amount of people with this issue.

Shame as it's an otherwise fun game tp play.

B4 the last patch I had the odd game crash, now it crashes on me within 10 minutes, no idea what's going on but I'm done with the game if I can't get that fixed. Checking their forums, there seems to be a decent amount of people with this issue.

Shame as it's an otherwise fun game tp play.

I'm thinking that I'm going to try using some different visual settings or something. There has to be something specific causing this since not everyone has it. I want to keep playing, but it's pretty damn frustrating to be in the middle of a 30-minute mission only to have my screen suddenly go black and my controller vibrate like the batteries are trying to escape.

No issues at all here. But I just got to Titan. So like an hour+ into the game

I've probably put 30'ish hours into the game and have had it crash/reset on me 7-8 times, so it's not something that happens super often. About the only thing the various crashes have had in common is that it almost always happens when a lot of things are happening at once. Jumping, shooting, tossing a grenade, lots of enemies, Taken stuff happening, other players, etc. It has never been out of the blue when nothing else was happening. Grenades have been onscreen for at least 3 of the instances, so I tend to think that they're at least something that triggers it.
Temps and FPS have been normal, but something just causes my PC to reset itself. Both systems have been Intel-based with 16GB of RAM and a GTX1080. Details all maxed with HDR enabled and my rendering resolution set to 65-70% of 4K.

I've probably put 30'ish hours into the game and have had it crash/reset on me 7-8 times, so it's not something that happens super often. About the only thing the various crashes have had in common is that it almost always happens when a lot of things are happening at once. Jumping, shooting, tossing a grenade, lots of enemies, Taken stuff happening, other players, etc. It has never been out of the blue when nothing else was happening. Grenades have been onscreen for at least 3 of the instances, so I tend to think that they're at least something that triggers it.
Temps and FPS have been normal, but something just causes my PC to reset itself. Both systems have been Intel-based with 16GB of RAM and a GTX1080. Details all maxed with HDR enabled and my rendering resolution set to 65-70% of 4K.

Only this game and nothing else? Odd. If I see something about this I'll bring it to you.

Your hardware should be shredding this with ease so I'm wondering about sensitive OC settings and maybe even check heat levels just for grins.

I get random crashes I cannot explain either. Every patch so far, Bungie has indicated they're looking into something that results in fewer crashes. So there's that, too.

Well you can get the Prometheus Lens from Xur.

It's the dumbest, most broken pile of shit but everyone has it now so it somehow works out.

^^ I had to grab that Prometheus Lens myself and especially after seeing that.

That weapon made me giggle with the waste I was laying out. That's going to be a difference maker for me in some things. :)

I played some PVP last night on two characters and never had so much fun with it. Weapon balance isn't an issue when you all have the same weapon. It reminded me of Insta-Gib Quake/Unreal.

^^ I had to grab that Prometheus Lens myself and especially after seeing that.

That weapon made me giggle with the waste I was laying out. That's going to be a difference maker for me in some things. :)

Embarrassed to say I had the same experience. Just laying waste to people. I started out running around with a kinetic weapon just to see if any server would go for a normal round without exploiting the bug. As soon as I saw a red beam though I swapped to the Prometheus Lens and joined the party. After a few rounds I realized that nobody was going to be ‘honorable’ so I just shot out of the gate and joined the Pink Floyd laser light show.

like this
I got banned for no reason. They dont email you, They dont tell you why and you have 0 ways to get intouch with them. Its absolutely insane.

I had no problems with single player in Destiny 2 for about 4 hours into game , but when I joined a fireteam with my buddy I noticed it crashed very randomly but at least every hour. Albeit without any spikes in temp or other anomalies that would indicate temps were too high or otherwise. I read in steams forums that you need to go into the game folder (Destiny 2) and make sure run as administrator was checked in compatibility for properties. It hasn't crashed since so i am pretty sure that was it!!!

Hope this helps!!!

While I enjoyed the base game, I've been less impressed with the dlc. While, parts of the dlc is downright awesome, some of it is rehashed. Spending 20 dollars on 2/3 of rehashed stuff is not cool at all.

Oh good, that bug from months ago where you go to the tower and get sound but a black screen is back. Amazing.

You guys probably have already done it but any time you see quirks like that? Re-verify your files. It's the first, easiest debug step.

PVP is so totally fucked now, its all full squads with the Prometheus Lens. I went in one match and the enemy team had 56 kills in 90 seconds. Un. Fucking. Believable.

PVP is so totally fucked now, its all full squads with the Prometheus Lens. I went in one match and the enemy team had 56 kills in 90 seconds. Un. Fucking. Believable.

That's unfortunate. I'm not really doing much in PVP myself but I'm sorry to hear that for people that are.

All I can tell you is: Get the Prometheus yourself and fight fire with fire. ;)

I won't be surprised to see a nerf patch or something happen to this gun before long from Bungie.

Oh good, that bug from months ago where you go to the tower and get sound but a black screen is back. Amazing.

Pff, at least it's not like the division, where every single skill bug seems to come back every single major patch... As for the lens, it's totally gonna get nerfed.

That's unfortunate. I'm not really doing much in PVP myself but I'm sorry to hear that for people that are.

All I can tell you is: Get the Prometheus yourself and fight fire with fire. ;)

I won't be surprised to see a nerf patch or something happen to this gun before long from Bungie.

I don't have nearly enough time to play to keep turning in crap for the random drop. But this gun is just retarded, .4 second ttk and all you have to do is hit the target not even try for the head.

I've put in a solid 3-4 hours over the weekend and have had no crashes after swapping things to FXAA and HDAO. Could just be pure luck (or even the newest Nvidia driver) but I'm gonna stick with this just in case SMAA and or 3D SSAO = what's causing the issue.

like this
Back