Destiny 2

Lucky I want to finish one Raid anyway I have no idea why they made it so hard on everyone. People would grind the shit out of it if it was easier.
thing is if you got a good group you can grind it like crazy anyways, it took us 2 hours but we had a brand new person who had never been in the raid before and I had never done calus so there was time lost to explaining and wiping a few times to learn the mechanics. Once we had the mechanics and communications/order down the raid itself is super easy and could easily be done in 30-60 minutes

I have a walkthough video saved to my desktop lol if I can't figure it out myself I won't do it when the PC launch comes out.

Personally, I don't mind difficulty so much as I mind time commitment. I just don't have the ability to dedicate 3-4 hours to a random online mission that requires the cooperation of a bunch of other people to even attempt.

Personally, I don't mind difficulty so much as I mind time commitment. I just don't have the ability to dedicate 3-4 hours to a random online mission that requires the cooperation of a bunch of other people to even attempt.
You can stop and come back to where you left off later. At least you could in the first game. When you get a group together just be sure to decide ahead of time that everyone would like to stop at certain checkpoints throughout the raid.

I bought Destiny 2 for PS4 expecting Borderlands-like loot.
But I'm lvl 17 and I have barely seen any variation on visuals and weapons as well as only few affixed.
It's even way worse than The Division. Nowhere near Borderlands. I don't know about max level, but what I've seen so far is not encouraging.
Max lvl is 20 anyway, right? I've seen a bunch of lvl 20 people but not above. So I'm not that far behind.
The game is ok otherwise but I'm disappointed, I bought it mainly because of the loot.

But I'm lvl 17 and I have barely seen any variation on visuals and weapons as well as only few affixed.
It's even way worse than The Division. Nowhere near Borderlands. I don't know about max level, but what I've seen so far is not encouraging.
Max lvl is 20 anyway, right? I've seen a bunch of lvl 20 people but not above. So I'm not that far behind.
The game is ok otherwise but I'm disappointed, I bought it mainly because of the loot.
The variety comes in the legendary (purple) and exotic (yellow) equipment, which is all post-game loot (after level 20). You're goal is to get your light level to 300, which is the average power of all your equipment. The static leveling is only to unlock your skills.

If it's anything like Destiny 1, you have a level cap that's kind of like unlocking an all new leveling system called "light level." That's like another 100'ish levels you can earn based on the power of your equipment. It's also when you start to see the loot system come into play more. It isn't Borderlands (which drops stuff constantly), but you'll start to see a lot more stuff showing up. It's counter-intuitive, but when you hit the level max it's when the "endgame" content begins, and there's a lot of it.

The variety comes in the legendary (purple) and exotic (yellow) equipment, which is all post-game loot (after level 20). You're goal is to get your light level to 300, which is the average power of all your equipment. The static leveling is only to unlock your skills.

This has always been my issue with games like this. If I'm not having fun on the way to level 20/50/100/whatever, I usually don't have the will to continue playing beyond that.

Clearly that is a minority opinion given how popular these games are, but that's my 2 cents.

This has always been my issue with games like this. If I'm not having fun on the way to level 20/50/100/whatever, I usually don't have the will to continue playing beyond that.

Clearly that is a minority opinion given how popular these games are, but that's my 2 cents.

I don't know if its a minority opinion or not, but really games like Destiny don't really seem to have a lot of middle of the road opinions. You have to really enjoy the grind. If that doesn't grab you then you aren't going to enjoy it.

I don't know if its a minority opinion or not, but really games like Destiny don't really seem to have a lot of middle of the road opinions. You have to really enjoy the grind. If that doesn't grab you then you aren't going to enjoy it.

True. I think also has to do with any game where folks describe it using the phrase, "The game doesn't really start until level X." Not all games with progression/leveling are like this - I would argue that games like Skyrim have fairly even progression and while there is end-game loot, it generally doesn't require a lot of grinding. Of course, that game is also propped up by a huge amount of content as well as a lot of mod content.

Seems to be a more common problem with MMOs that is now making its way into shooters.

To me, Destiny shipped with the leveling up system being borderline broken. You raced to max out your levels so you could finally get good gear and items. Yet they forgot to give you something to use them on. You basically had 1-2 missions and the Crucible. Even then, the Crucible was more reliant on getting one of the 2-3 uberweapons than anything else.
It was the expansions that finally gave Destiny 1 some heart and soul. I'm hoping that 2 ships that way.

if it helps I find myself rotating 5-6 guns through out the raid as certain types of weapons work way better at different points

To me, Destiny shipped with the leveling up system being borderline broken. You raced to max out your levels so you could finally get good gear and items. Yet they forgot to give you something to use them on. You basically had 1-2 missions and the Crucible. Even then, the Crucible was more reliant on getting one of the 2-3 uberweapons than anything else.
It was the expansions that finally gave Destiny 1 some heart and soul. I'm hoping that 2 ships that way.

Haven't had as much time as I'd like to play but so far it seems like there is more stuff to do in the game in general. Having the raid out early helps too.

Minimum Specs
  • CPU
    • Intel: Core i3-3250
    • AMD: FX-4350
  • GPU
    • Nvidia: GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    • AMD: Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • RAM: 6GB
Recommended Specs
  • CPU
    • Intel: Core i5-2400
    • AMD: Ryzen R5 1600X
  • GPU
    • Nvidia: GeForce GTX 970
    • AMD: Radeon R9 390
  • RAM: 8GB
[Upgrading] Minimum Specs
  • CPU: Intel Pentium G4560
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
[Upgrading] Recommended Specs
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Bungie System Specs Used at Events
  • CPU: Intel i7-7700k
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-pc-guide-release-date-specs-requirements/1100-6450248/

If it's anything like Destiny 1, you have a level cap that's kind of like unlocking an all new leveling system called "light level." That's like another 100'ish levels you can earn based on the power of your equipment. It's also when you start to see the loot system come into play more. It isn't Borderlands (which drops stuff constantly), but you'll start to see a lot more stuff showing up. It's counter-intuitive, but when you hit the level max it's when the "endgame" content begins, and there's a lot of it.

Thanks chaps I'll keep leveling then and see how the endgame is. I got stuck on a mobile game the whole day yesterday lol, who would've guessed Idle Heroes is so addictive (and expensive, damn I hate f2p games).

For those who have the game, do you feel the amount of end game content is enough to justify the price tag or would it be better valued at $30-$40? Because I know the DLC will be just as pricey.

The way I see it the PC version is well worth the price of admission for the simple reason you need to pay for a yearly online subscription for both X-BOX and PS4 just to play the game if the game takes off big time which I think it will content will be added maybe past the two DLCs they announced.

For those who have the game, do you feel the amount of end game content is enough to justify the price tag or would it be better valued at $30-$40? Because I know the DLC will be just as pricey.
For me yes, I just hit level 302. Beat the raid for the second time and did the prestige nightfall and have gotten at least 50 hours out of it doing this. Ill keep playing but I can now walk away from it and play other games and feel like it was worth my money. As for the DLC I havent purchased a season pass yet until I see whats coming in the next expansions

Thanks to GMG discounts I was able to boil Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe down to almost $80. That's going to be a pretty darned good value for me.

I think it's pretty clear 2 is what 1 should have been all along.

If I got a 150 hours or so out of part 1 then it stands to reason I will get *at least* that much out of part 2 if not more.

That will be worth it to me. I'm on the conservative side. The junkies hitting 1000-2000 hours and all that? They're killing the value ratio out of the park obviously.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/230292232?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=0

Any thoughts on this? Is there a legitimate risk I'll be banned from the game if I leave Afterburner running in the background while playing Destiny 2? I played the beta this way without issues. It would be slightly annoying to have to close Afterburner every time I want to play Destiny 2.

I had afterburner running and I wasn't banned. Afterburner wasn't able to limit the framerate though.

I'm at around 90 hours played over two characters. 74 on my main and 16 on my alt but both are around the same 295ish light level.

I have only done 1 raid clear, it was fun but I don't feel the urge to start farming it like I did in Destiny 1. That is partly due to the mechanics and partly due to the fact raid gear is mostly cosmetic now.

I think I am about to hit the point where I no longer login daily, or I may roll a warlock.

This guy explains it alot better than the first video I posted I seen someone with a video on YouTube where the video is 8 hours long :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
^^ What I'd expect from a youtube channel named "I hate everything." ;)

I'm not wasting 45 minutes of my life on that. What are his complaints basically? Anything salient and credible or did he just burn himself out? It happens.

I have only done 1 raid clear, it was fun but I don't feel the urge to start farming it like I did in Destiny 1. That is partly due to the mechanics and partly due to the fact raid gear is mostly cosmetic now.

Could you be more specific about mechanics?

Last edited:
I watched a streamer this morning do the Lev raid. I was pretty impressive with the design. Simple to do with a knowledge of the format and good voice coms. The content is looking really good thus far. Lots of variety for the $

Could you be more specific about mechanics?

I don't want to post spoilers, but two of the 4 encounters are just timing and communication based with a small amount of add control. They are fun for the first bit but can get frustrating quickly and aren't something I feel like doing every week.

like this
When the timer runs out you can do it again? The video posted above their first run was 20 hours in this Raid LOL so they must of been really really lost.

like this
When the timer runs out you can do it again? The video posted above their first run was 20 hours in this Raid LOL so they must of been really really lost.

I'm not aware of a timer in the raid other than a 30 second timer if a teammate is down. If you don't revive them before the timer runs out it's a wipe. Other parts are time based too but there won't be a countdown on the screen. You can try as many times as you like.

The nightfall is on a timer now, some have set times and others will have a mechanic to extend the timer placed throughout the strike.

Edit: Actually certain buffs in the raid have timers now that I think about it, but they don't result in a wipe. You just have to refresh the buff.

Last edited:
like this
The mechanics were pretty simple...stand in the right place, shoot the right mob based on a symbol. I know the streamer stated that bad runs took 3 hours, good ones two. Someone commented the best had it done in under 30 minutes.

Apparently there are checkpoints for each stage of a raid (this raid had 3 main stages i think). A wipe was no big deal at all.

Just about done this this game for now, started my titan Wednesday and just got him to 295 and beat the raid lol, they make it super easy to level alt characters when you have 1 high level already. I have to level a hunter now to get my plat trophie then I can go back to playing other games and not living in destiny :p

I heard the same thing, once you reach max level do so the weekly stuff you can shelf it until the following week. Honestly, I think i'm going to like that. Frees up time for multiple games!

Last edited:
Never played Destiny 1, as I'm not a console guy. Old school PC Gamer guy.

I am bored to death with WoW, and want a good team based shooter to play again. Last good shooter I enjoyed was Battlefiled 4, and 3 before that. Hopefully Destiny 2 PC will scratch my itch ???

Never played Destiny 1, as I'm not a console guy. Old school PC Gamer guy.

I am bored to death with WoW, and want a good team based shooter to play again. Last good shooter I enjoyed was Battlefiled 4, and 3 before that. Hopefully Destiny 2 PC will scratch my itch ???

I think you'll enjoy it from what I've seen. I have a similar background to you, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I use to get super long load times trying to load into the tower (and once it forced me to force close the game and try again). It would sit there with a black screen but I could hear the background noise of the tower, but they must of fixed it as it hasnt happened in over a week now.

Back