Destiny 2

I've been enjoying the game overall. Haven't completed the story but that is mostly due to my brother and I wanting to play through it together. And with our work schedules, we only get so much time on the weekends. However, I have been running around doing events and such to pass the time.

I've been enjoying the game overall. Haven't completed the story but that is mostly due to my brother and I wanting to play through it together. And with our work schedules, we only get so much time on the weekends. However, I have been running around doing events and such to pass the time.
I spent so much time exploring and doing random public events and pvp that I was lv 20 by half way through the story, made it super easy lol.

So far I have been really enjoying the game. I was frustrated with the drop in pvp to 4v4 but after playing about 10 matches it's not that bad, they have done a good job as making all the maps just the right size where your back into a fight within 10 seconds of respawning if you want but they are large enough you can sneak to an objective if you try.

So far strikes are fun, I wish more people used headsets but there's a better variety of objectives in them and it's not just all either bullet sponge or defend the objective like the first game was.

Yesterday was day 3 for me and I managed to hit 230 power, looking forward to hitting 240 and trying the nightfall guided mode. What's the best way to level up you guys have found?

Last edited:
So, anyone with the PS4 version create an [H] clan, yet? I can create one, but I'll be a lousy admin just to let you guys know.

LOL complicated as shit I'm sure World of Warcraft has the same difficultly in their Raids.

did anyone play D2 Beta with Nvsurround/eyefinity?

LOL complicated as shit I'm sure World of Warcraft has the same difficultly in their Raids.

Man why did they have to make it that hard when you get to the outside of the track you need to have your team mates shoot these arrows at the same time you go though them. 20:00 in the video. I suppose if you have someone who did it before it will just be like clockwork.

did anyone play D2 Beta with Nvsurround/eyefinity?

Only problem I see is the gun model is too damned big, which is an issue in a lot of "AAA" FPS releases. I wish developers would adopt the weapon FOV option like Team Fortress 2.

Just noticed UI elements are also not completely on the center screen. Hopefully that is fixed in the retail release.

Only problem I see is the gun model is too damned big, which is an issue in a lot of "AAA" FPS releases. I wish developers would adopt the weapon FOV option like Team Fortress 2.

Just noticed UI elements are also not completely on the center screen. Hopefully that is fixed in the retail release.

I dont know why i didnt just youtube it /facepalm.

Im thinking about getting rid of my 34" 2560x1080 and grabbing 3 24". I miss having the 3 monitors and the WoW factor of when people come over is funny lol. I really only plan on playing D2, PuBG, Black desert online and d3.

Im thinking about getting rid of my 34" 2560x1080 and grabbing 3 24". I miss having the 3 monitors and the WoW factor of when people come over is funny lol. I really only plan on playing D2, PuBG, Black desert online and d3.

you could also consider a 40" 4K tv (or whatever size fits your needs). I'm using one right now and it's glorious.

Pfft... go for 3x 34" 3440x1440 curved :p I only have 1 such monitor but it's a glorious experience every time I game on my PC. I'm really looking forward to playing Destiny 2 thoroughly with it.

Last edited:
^^ Wow. I'm encouraged to see Joe get worked up and do one of his full power reviews. I know he's been going through a lot of health issues and such lately. I hope he's doing better now. I'll have to listen more closely later but damn... 6/10 seems pretty harsh.

Microtransactions can piss people off although you never have to spend an extra dime in this game to get anything done.

I've seen and heard a lot of "this is really Destiny 1.5 and we wanted a REAL sequel"... I can sympathize with those sentiments as well. There's some truth to that.

It doesn't break a shred of new ground and it's refined and polished more of the same, in essence. That's my own takeaway from it and what I expect from the full game.

Destiny 2 is what the first game should have been. No more. No less.

Last edited:
Never had any respect for Angry Joe his videos just get too weird and he always looks pissed off.

Schtick and gimmicks aside I think Joe made some valid criticisms that will hopefully improve over time as the game evolves. Destiny 1 certainly evolved from the time it came out to now.

For grins, and as a point of contrast , my "2000 some odd hours in Destiny 1" junkie friend who is racking the hours up in Destiny 2 currently, listened to Joe's video and this was his response:

I'd give it a 4/5, would be 4 and a half if I used half stars. The only reason it wouldn't be a five is because of the changes to crucible that made it a lot less fun than the first one.

I'm so sick of this shader nonsense though. Why would you want to use a shader on crap rare gear while you're playing through the campaign? In Destiny 1, shaders were locked until you hit level 20. Not to mention that shaders, and Chroma, were all part of the previous loot boxes in Destiny 1's microtransactions.

This is what microtransactions are for. Cosmetic items that literally mean nothing.

I've spent $0 on Silver in D2, and I am swimming in shaders. They made shaders better in D2, because you can apply them individually and to weapons. It doesn't work like the shader system in D1, it works like Chroma which was one time use and no one had a problem with.

The raid shader looks great, especially on weapons. They were right, I want to do the raid to get stacks of the shader. You get a bunch of bright engrams for playing, and obviously the more you play the more you get. It's far more generous than the free loot boxes from D1 where it was limited at times to one a week or three a week. In D2, once you hit 20, they even apply a free level boost to each of your characters good for three level ups a week per character... that's accelerated XP good for 9 bright engrams essentially if you play three characters.

And I did buy shaders from Tess, using bright dust earned without spending a dollar. The system works, you dont' need to pay money.

As for the bit in there about the raid, it's laughable at best. They're whining about spending seven hours and not getting loot, but it's not the games fault that your team can't beat a certain encounter. Besides that, one guy in their fireteam's voice is left in the audio complaining about it and saying in D1 when you beat a boss you got loot, and no one corrected it. Sorry, but you didn't always. Did many a VoG and Crota run and got nothing but shards or energy, which is no different than getting glimmer and tokens in this raid.

Of course he liked crucible the most; it's the worst part of the game by far so why wouldn't he?

Finally finished the game with my brother this weekend. It was enjoyable though I feel like Ghaul was just a pawn in a bigger scheme.

Never had any respect for Angry Joe his videos just get too weird and he always looks pissed off.
Not a fan of him but it sounds like he hit the nail on the head for this console faggotry PC port. Game looks to be a shining example of everything wrong with the AAA scene right now.

People point out the faults of any game before anything unless the game doesn't save ;D and you have to start over or your save is deleted for unknown reasons. The real fault of any game is usually points down to user experience if they user sucks the game sucks no matter what the company does to be a people pleaser. You could say Angry Joe sucks that is why he doesn't like Destiny 2 because he critiques stuff that is way out of his league.

Not a fan of him but it sounds like he hit the nail on the head for this console faggotry PC port. Game looks to be a shining example of everything wrong with the AAA scene right now.

Nah, WB Games still gets that crown. Destiny 2 has problems, and some really stupid decisions but it isn't at that level.

Schtick and gimmicks aside I think Joe made some valid criticisms that will hopefully improve over time as the game evolves.

He hit the nail on the head regarding retarded brain dead enemy AI, FEAR released almost 12 years ago but I cannot for the life of me recall any recent game with comparable AI, let alone anything that might be superior to it.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
the Destiny series seems all about co-op and loot versus any coherent single player story...a game built for fans of Borderlands type of games...the first game probably got more hype then it deserved pre-release but most of that probably had to do with the Bungie name

like this
the Destiny series seems all about co-op and loot versus any coherent single player story...a game built for fans of Borderlands type of games...the first game probably got more hype then it deserved pre-release but most of that probably had to do with the Bungie name

The hype was unreal. Arguably still is in some respects.

For some reason, though... and I say this as someone who likes Destiny for whatever it is... Borderlands is simply better. ;)

The story is pretty easy to follow if you pay attention, and it is told through all facets of the game (not just single player). By contrast you can experience all Borderlands has to offer playing by yourself.

like this
The hype was unreal. Arguably still is in some respects.

For some reason, though... and I say this as someone who likes Destiny for whatever it is... Borderlands is simply better. ;)

Eh. In some areas I agree, but not all. I simply cannot find Borderlands all that fun when playing solo. I can do it for a few hours and then its just all blah. The gunplay in Borderlands just doesn't hold up that well for me. When it comes to shooters I require good gunplay or else I'm likely to just abandon a game. There are some exceptions, but not many. I find that I have to pull myself away from Destiny, reminding myself that there are things I need to get done or that its 2am and I need to sleep. In coop Borderlands is outstanding. I still think Destiny provides more for the coop experience, since there is simply more verity in things to do and better variation when it comes to the challenging missions, but the core loop of Borderlands works so well with 2-4 people.

Eh. In some areas I agree, but not all. I simply cannot find Borderlands all that fun when playing solo. I can do it for a few hours and then its just all blah. The gunplay in Borderlands just doesn't hold up that well for me. When it comes to shooters I require good gunplay or else I'm likely to just abandon a game. There are some exceptions, but not many. I find that I have to pull myself away from Destiny, reminding myself that there are things I need to get done or that its 2am and I need to sleep. In coop Borderlands is outstanding. I still think Destiny provides more for the coop experience, since there is simply more verity in things to do and better variation when it comes to the challenging missions, but the core loop of Borderlands works so well with 2-4 people.

That's fair enough. I haven't played the Borderlands games in a while so it's possible I'd even agree with you fully if I fired them up again now. I'm probably applying some rosy colored nostalgia here. ;)

The gunplay in the Destiny games is awfully good.

That's fair enough. I haven't played the Borderlands games in a while so it's possible I'd even agree with you fully if I fired them up again now. I'm probably applying some rosy colored nostalgia here. ;)

The gunplay in the Destiny games is awfully good.

It's possible. Pre-sequel ended up really burning me out on the entire franchise. It just was not all that fun or interesting.

like this
So spent the last 2 nights doing the raid. Maybe 7 hours between the two nights and we managed to get to the final encounter but just couldn't finish. Even with all that it was a blast, was just 6 randoms (well 2 were friends in a guild but rest of us we're all pugs) that never did the raid before all using guides as we go to figure it out and was just great. So many dumb and funny failures but got me a new feoiobof friends and we all joined the raid leaders guild to keep our "raid" group going lol.

The biggest issue is the community becomes so snobby, "need more for the raid!" But you have to be 20 light levels past the recommended and have done it already so newer raiders can ever find a group to gear up and get the experience. Found my group by complaining about it on then bungie forum and it was just other guys with the Same issues.

I'm already playing my Destiny setup looking at a bigger monitor for the game unless my 27" swift will be good enough for laying on the bed playing crucible matches =)
I want to make a platform with two old ATX cases on a night stand I made myself and have my 2015 ROG swift on top.

Xur location for this week I don't even have the game have the PC version just fun to see these videos where he could pop up.

like this
I'm already playing my Destiny setup looking at a bigger monitor for the game unless my 27" swift will be good enough for laying on the bed playing crucible matches =)
I want to make a platform with two old ATX cases on a night stand I made myself and have my 2015 ROG swift on top.

It's all about viewing distance. ;)

Upgraded to a 1080 gtx from a 970 for this game. Beta was excellent. Trying to avoid any console spoilers though!

Upgraded to a 1080 gtx from a 970 for this game. Beta was excellent. Trying to avoid any console spoilers though!
I upgraded the wifey's PC from a 780 Ti to a 980 Ti. Should be good enough, her monitor only does 1440p/60Hz.

Finally beat the raid last night lol, did it with a slightly new group and we managed to do the entire thing in 2 hours. Its amazing how dependent on good communications this raid is, having even 1 person who wont pay attention really screws it all up. Got to say I love the royal gold/purple colour scheme of the new armor and shader for it

DKlqHN7VwAAeIFf.jpg

Finally beat the raid last night lol, did it with a slightly new group and we managed to do the entire thing in 2 hours. Its amazing how dependent on good communications this raid is, having even 1 person who wont pay attention really screws it all up. Got to say I love the royal gold/purple colour scheme of the new armor and shader for it

View attachment 37619

Lucky I want to finish one Raid anyway I have no idea why they made it so hard on everyone. People would grind the shit out of it if it was easier.

Lucky I want to finish one Raid anyway I have no idea why they made it so hard on everyone. People would grind the shit out of it if it was easier.

They probably don't want people grinding the shit out of it. The raids in Destiny 1 were hard too. They required you to know what you are doing and for your team to all work together. It is a great experience when everyone is on the same level and able to get through it all. The challenge is part of the experience.

Back