Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long as they didn't hire the animator from Bioware I'm fine with this.

Also, this game has been in development for ages. Is 2077 the title or the release year?

So long as they didn't hire the animator from Bioware I'm fine with this.

Also, this game has been in development for ages. Is 2077 the title or the release year?

Release year, but I'm still excited. :p

By the time this is finished, it will look outdated and they will have to start everything over again.

Can't believe it's been this long that we have been waiting for it.

By the time this is finished, it will look outdated and they will have to start everything over again.

Can't believe it's been this long that we have been waiting for it.

Can't agree. Good games take time. Witcher 3 looked awesome and set some high watermarks despite a long development arc. This studio will deliver as they always do.

Last edited:
Too bad- I guess we will have to wait 5 years to see what current technology is like.

well, the witcher has been really REALLY good to them, I think their valuation is > 1 billion. They also have tons of good with will their customer base unlike most video game companies that just churn out shit content on a yearly basis to maximize profit. If this game is made with the same type of witcher story content, ie: "but then...." I will be pretty happy. Even so I would not be surprised if they are also still working on witcher to get dropped graphic features back into the game.

well, the witcher has been really REALLY good to them, I think their valuation is > 1 billion. They also have tons of good with will their customer base unlike most video game companies that just churn out shit content on a yearly basis to maximize profit. If this game is made with the same type of witcher story content, ie: "but then...." I will be pretty happy. Even so I would not be surprised if they are also still working on witcher to get dropped graphic features back into the game.

Speaking of the Witcher 3, anyone catch the easter egg in it where Ciri comes back through the portal and tells Geralt that she was in a place with Flying machines ect, Could Ciri make an cameo in Cyberpunk 2077? I think that would be cool.

Spoilers if you havent played W3

Awesome.

This is my favorite genre of fantasy.

I love cyberpunk and/or post-apocalyptic style games.

I'm not usually fond of cyber punk stuff. After watching the trailer I'm curious and optimistic about this game.

Well, I'll only be 96. I guess there is a slim chance I'll live to play it.
Yeah but then you'd have to wait for the day 1 patch and then the game ready drivers and about a year for CD Project to finish updating and then about 6 months more for the DLC to be done.

Contrary to my above sarcasm I'm actually a huge fan of Witcher 2 and 3. Casually doing my 2nd play through at 4k since my 1st was 1080p now.

Really excited for this, I just hope they commit the same quality standards as Witcher 3. I was kind of bummed when they said they were not developing anymore Witcher content in order to fully dedicate their resources to this. Let's hope its worth it.

Contrary to my above sarcasm I'm actually a huge fan of Witcher 2 and 3. Casually doing my 2nd play through at 4k since my 1st was 1080p now.

Really excited for this, I just hope they commit the same quality standards as Witcher 3. I was kind of bummed when they said they were not developing anymore Witcher content in order to fully dedicate their resources to this. Let's hope its worth it.

Their staff on Cyberpunk is like 400-500 people right now, Witcher 3 had like 200. I think it will be the some of the same project managers as Witcher 3 so it should be on par quality at the very least. I wish they would release some gameplay footage of the game but I don't think we will see any until next year.

CDPR is a single entity so they don't have publishers trying to control them.

I think people are going to be somewhat surprised at how commercial this will be. From what I've read in interviews this is going to be their attempt at becoming "big time", with all the scarier buzzwords like "mainstream audience", "profits", etc.

Their staff on Cyberpunk is like 400-500 people right now, Witcher 3 had like 200. I think it will be the some of the same project managers as Witcher 3 so it should be on par quality at the very least. I wish they would release some gameplay footage of the game but I don't think we will see any until next year.

CDPR is a single entity so they don't have publishers trying to control them.

WOW that is alot of people on one game it's going to come out for sure then I think anything CD Projectk makes turns to gold following whatever The Witcher 3 started in 2014. I hope the interface is good one thing I though lacking with the Wticher 3 the interface and dialogue was there but just seemed pasted on top of the game not really interactive but it still worked out.

I think people are going to be somewhat surprised at how commercial this will be. From what I've read in interviews this is going to be their attempt at becoming "big time", with all the scarier buzzwords like "mainstream audience", "profits", etc.
Sounds like they're just using buzzwords to make their shareholders happy.

I am hoping they do gun combat well...so far they have only ever done melee, it'll be interesting to see if they can pull it off.

Super hyped for this game, though. I love cyberpunk more than just about any other genre.

FWIW, as you may or may not know, back in December, CDPR has been awarded $7 million from the government to work on the game. This grant will expire and will require them to pay it back if the game isn't released by July 2019. Food for thought.

Last edited:
hopefully it comes out way before that, but I don't think a piddly 7 million is going to change the way they do things. The added on an extra 3 or 4 months for the witcher to make it right. I expect the same type of quality here. The gunplay will be interesting, also if they are doing classes or what. I hope we get some more details soon.

FWIW, as you may or may not know, back in December, CDPR has been awarded $7 million from the government to work on the game. This grand will expire and will require them to pay it back if the game isn't released by July 2019. Food for thought.
That is some weird stuff

yeah, it is now 3 5 years after announcement...

Last edited:
No release dates, but based on some dev comments, wish i could remember where so I could cite, it sounds like its mid-late 2018 at the earliest.
I can't wait. Cyberpunk in this form is one of my favorite environments to read about and play in.

No release dates, but based on some dev comments, wish i could remember where so I could cite, it sounds like its mid-late 2018 at the earliest.
I can't wait. Cyberpunk in this form is one of my favorite environments to read about and play in.

Might just have to build a PC that looks like an Ono-Sendai deck to play this on. (of course I don't know what one looks like EXACTLY, but I'm sure something can be done)

I am hoping they do gun combat well...so far they have only ever done melee, it'll be interesting to see if they can pull it off.

YES. Fallout 4 style switchable 1st/3rd person FPS combat, not the ballet/spinning combat of Witcher 3. Don't get me wrong, I loved Witcher 3, but enough spinning.

CDPR got hacked. Expect some leaks to drop in not too distant future.

Official press release letter:

“An unidentified individual or individuals have just informed us they are in possession of a few internal files belonging to CD PROJEKT RED. Among them are documents connected to early designs for the upcoming game, Cyberpunk 2077.

A demand for ransom has been made, saying that should we not comply, the files will be released to the general public. We will not be giving in to the demands of the individual or individuals that have contacted us, which might eventually lead to the files being published online. The appropriate legal authorities will be informed about the situation.

The documents are old and largely unrepresentative of the current vision for the game. Still, if you’re looking forward to playing Cyberpunk 2077, it would be best for you to avoid any information not coming directly from CD PROJEKT RED.

When the time is right, you will hear about Cyberpunk 2077 from us – officially.

CD PROJEKT RED Team”

Yeah, that sucks. For me though, I try to not even watch too many trailers for games I'm anticipating in order not to ruin them. I'd have ignored this anyway. :D

A bummer. But I don't really see that it changes anything. supposedly it wrecked half-life but after the current fiasco with half-life I tend to believe that none of those problems were caused by the hack.

no company with any sense is going to pay $$...because that will just get more people trying to hack and blackmail them since they look like an easy mark

yeah, netflix had one of their series hacked. did not bother them. but overall I suspect as banks and stores become more "hardened" stealing intellectual properties may become an easier pursuit.

Yea....

This ransom scheme won't gain a foothold as long as companies continue to refuse "cyber-terrorist" demands.

It's just the latest in a long line of attempts to "trim the mark".

I don't see this becoming a long term trend.

Problem is these cyber thieves are stealing aged content, content that has most likely changed or will be changed in the future. Pretty pointless.

no company with any sense is going to pay $$...because that will just get more people trying to hack and blackmail them since they look like an easy mark

Wrong.

Some businesses that get compromised with ransomware operate by the millions of dollars lost per minute/hour, depending on timing. Businesses DO pay the ransoms on this, because it can be cheaper to just pay and have the data decrypted (or the information is just so critical they can't afford to lose it) than it is to find a way to resolve it, or just write it off.

Apparently based on some leak (rumor) Cyberpunk 2077 is 4x bigger than Witcher 3 with all its DLC combined.

https://fextralife.com/cyberpunk-2077-x4-bigger-witcher-3/
fextralife said:
Recently, an insider has leaked information about Cyberpunk 2077 and its details are listed below:

• The world of Cyberpunk 2077 will be almost 4 times bigger than Witcher 3 & its DLC’s.
  • Cyberpunk 2077 will be using The Witcher 3 seasonal system for generating maps on massive scales.
  • The game will have dynamic destructible areas.
The identity of the person who leaked this information has remained anonymous so as not to risk their current employment.

cyberpunk-screen-640x360.jpg

The information leaked appears legitimate as CD Projekt is well-known for creating large game worlds, a perfect example would be the Witcher 3.

The-Witcher-640x360.jpg

Furthermore, some gameplay details within Cyberpunk 2077 has also surfaced with the leak.

An example provided was that if a player engages in a firefight and the surrounding area is damaged, they may come back later to find some robots or androids repairing or rebuilding the place.

So far, CD Projekt has not shared any official statement over this leak. Previously, the developer experienced an incident that had assets of Cyberpunk 2077 stolen and held for ransom.

Did you know that you can bookmark the Cyberpunk 2077 wiki for when the game comes out?

You can also read our review on the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and see the kind of quality to expect from CD Projekt!

Not sure how true this is but it seems like it could be a little too big of a game, hopefully it works out if it is actually this size, if it actually has all the Cyberpunk classes and different paths to take throughout the game based on class it could work out. Yongyea on youtube also mentioned this leak and talked about potentially have entirely different play throughs depending what class you are.

The leaker must of had a bad day at the office too bad it wasn't a screenshot or something.

Well, if anyone is going to pull it off, I suppose it would be these guys. Even if it is 3-4 times bigger, there is so much that can be done in this type of world. Hoping you can really be all of the different classes like you mentioned, and have a full story/narrative based around it, and not some generalized thing that only partially applies. (street samurai vs. console jockey for example) I think this (if true) excites me more than not. With the size of the team they have, the experience they have building big worlds full of somewhat interesting characters, I'm optimistic.

Sounds a bit too good to be true but I'm more than happy to be wrong. :)

But yeah, agreed with the above...more space in a sandbox game doesn't always mean better.

Sounds a bit too good to be true but I'm more than happy to be wrong. :)

But yeah, agreed with the above...more space in a sandbox game doesn't always mean better.

I agree. Definitely doesn't necessarily mean better, but it does have the potential to be better IF the quality of development matches the scale of the environment. They've certainly had enough time, and people on the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back