Cyberpunk 2077: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolling. I guess that's a "sign of life" ?

Let's see some damned game footage already if you want to get people lathered up.

If this game came out this year I would be very surprised, though the Polish gov't required development goals for the grant had to be fulfilled by June 29, 2019 so it may be possible. I was under the impression that it is nowhere near completion yet though.

Those cheap bastards show us anything.....

Trolling. I guess that's a "sign of life" ?

Let's see some damned game footage already if you want to get people lathered up.

Maybe they will start showing us the game this year. A late 2018 release would be a nice surprise.

You know what I just figured out? Today is the EXACT day 5 years ago when the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer dropped.

4Gut2XW.jpg

I just Googled development time for Witcher 3 and that was three and a half years of development. CD Projekt Red said that the Cyberpunk 2077 World is "far far larger" than the Witcher 3. So if hypothetically we were at Witcher 3-level of development/progress a year and a half ago then we could very well see something this year about the game.

You know what I just figured out? Today is the EXACT day 5 years ago when the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer dropped.

4Gut2XW.jpg

I just Googled development time for Witcher 3 and that was three and a half years of development. CD Projekt Red said that the Cyberpunk 2077 World is "far far larger" than the Witcher 3. So if hypothetically we were at Witcher 3-level of development/progress a year and a half ago then we could very well see something this year about the game.

Nice Detective Comic work

Detective_Comics_1.jpg

I think this game is going to be vastly more ambitious than witcher. I am suspecting it will support an online multiplayer coop component which will be something new and also something that has to be done right. For comparison shadow warrior did the same.... but it did not really work that well IMO.

To be honest, I don't know if I care about Cyberpunk as a game nearly as much as I know CD Project Red can make any concept work well.
I hope there's no forced multiplayer (at least beyond what Destiny does), but I'm otherwise open to just about anything.

To be honest, I don't know if I care about Cyberpunk as a game nearly as much as I know CD Project Red can make any concept work well.
I hope there's no forced multiplayer (at least beyond what Destiny does), but I'm otherwise open to just about anything.

The only mutiplayer I would be okay with is co-op. If you could co-op the entire story of Cyberpunk that'd be awesome.

The only mutiplayer I would be okay with is co-op. If you could co-op the entire story of Cyberpunk that'd be awesome.

I'd be okay with that as long as it doesn't gimp the story to accommodate that. Well, that and it doesn't force it upon you. I don't mind the games where you're in an online world and you see and can interact with other players. I just don't want my experience to rely on them. Make it optional and don't put all the good stuff behind the multiplayer wall. Have AI ready for those of us who don't want our experience to be at the mercy of other players.

Imho. With the lack of a great single player game since Witcher 3. I am looking forward to this one more than any game in recent memory. Serious game boner bc I know this company will deliver something amazing. Witcher 3 had some of the most awesome moments for me. Fallout 4 far harbor was great too. Just not as good overall.

4Gut2XW.jpg

Don't forget that CP2077 was originally under development by a different team. After the Blood and Wine expack was finished, the W3 team came over to work on CP2077, and.... they scrapped the whole project and started anew. While the story probably hasn't changed much, the game itself, from the engine and up, hasn't been in development for more than 2 years. I'd be surprised to see this released this year.

Unless they give us something more to go on, this is probably nothing more than "yeah, we're still working on this, but have nothing to show you"

Last edited:
At one point they had about 400 people working on this if I remember correctly. I would guess that they aren't short staffed, but I could see there being some turnover based on some of the office-culture remarks that have come up in the past.

Man. This has game has such amazing potential. If it were any other developer I'd probably scoff at it. If it even lives up to half of what the Witcher 3 was it'll still be a game of the year candidate.
I just hope the MMO leanings are more like Neverwinter Nights or Destiny rather than WOW or Everquest.

Man. This has game has such amazing potential. If it were any other developer I'd probably scoff at it. If it even lives up to half of what the Witcher 3 was it'll still be a game of the year candidate.
I just hope the MMO leanings are more like Neverwinter Nights or Destiny rather than WOW or Everquest.

At this point, CDPR gets the benefit of the doubt that no other developer deserves anymore. They can take as long as they need as far as I'm concerned. I literally can not play any other western RPG because of Witcher 3.

Will be shown at E3 behind closed doors apparently....

https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-...g-at-e3-thats-almost-certainly-cyberpunk-2077

A Polish website said at the beginning of the year that Cyberpunk 2077, the long-awaited new RPG from the Witcher folks at CD Projekt, will be shown—and be playable, behind closed doors—at this year's E3. That event is not much more than a month away, and it's starting to look very much like the rumor is true.

behind closed doors means not ready for public viewing...

Much different vibe from this trailer than the one in January. Seems they are going for a GTA in 2077 look.

I literally popped boner watching the video. My god that was more than worth the embarrassment. Knowing CD Projekt Red's past history, Cyberpunk 2077 will have been well worth the wait. Time will tell...

Edit: I want that car. I know I won't be alive if/when something like that car is alive but damn I can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back